Tideborn - Tale of Mermaid news

Comments

• Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    7. Tab key become auto-target key. It can help u to target on the nearest mob.(press again, it will target on another nearest mob.) the key to switch skill bars now become V.

yay, this should have came with the game but...
  • Korren - Lost City
    Korren - Lost City Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thx Korren but this skill is a little weird. At description is written only about phy attack reflect, but at secound Jay's movie I see reflect from magic mobs (it is available to see at 1:18-1:30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRe1X_pWsnU)! Could u check it pleas ;)?

Soul of Revenge can reflect all kinds of attacks(melee/range/magic), and it works on PvP. the description means all the dmg u reflect back is physical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • siliconlifeform
    siliconlifeform Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i didn`t made any gameplay vid but i still want to show my sin and psycho (lvl 15 new armor set looks awesome)

sin:
    th_2009-12-0322-16-13.jpg

th_2009-12-0322-16-43.jpg

psycho:
    th_2009-12-0419-20-59.jpg

th_2009-12-0419-20-05.jpg
  • Sharea - Dreamweaver
    Sharea - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    yay thanks for the pics of the armor. Im glad the armor is race appropriate and we wont have to wear the other style of armor. It would just look silly.b:victory
    Important things to remember:

1) Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

2) If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.

3) If your going into an fb and the BladeMaster screams "LEROY JENKINS" as he runs into the cave, leave the party. It's only going to get worse from then on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Serafile - Harshlands_1261090515
    edited December 2009
    Soul of Revenge can reflect all kinds of attacks(melee/range/magic), and it works on PvP. the description means all the dmg u reflect back is physical.

Wow that's sound great ;D I wanna be a Physical!

BTW I have a question about this Assasin's skill:

如来天心咒

Range self
    Mana 56+5*level
    Channel 1.5second
    Cast 2.6second
    CoolDown (300-12*Skill lvl)second
    Weapon dagger
    Require Cultivation lv39
    Skill Description
    during 120seconds,avoid 1 deadly hit that may cause death,and recover 20% max hp.

I don't understand what it exactly mean, is he really immortal for 2 mins? Or is he missing 1 phy. attack? It's really hard to understand but if he's immortal it's unnormal.

And secound question:
    Assasin has 2 stealth skills, OK 1 in battle mode (slow running) and 1 in safe mode (normal running). But will be any pots/ skills/tricks for all classes to see invisible Assasin? Cause if not it doesn't make sence. Assasin is seeing he's losing so he'll become invisible and run away.

This 2 skills realise me Assasin can be immortal and really strong. But I don't know about real. Do u know anything?
  • Cruorflamma - Dreamweaver
    Cruorflamma - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    he is immortal until he is hit or 2min is over.

i think
  • Succuby - Dreamweaver
    Succuby - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Wow that's sound great ;D I wanna be a Physical!

BTW I have a question about this Assasin's skill:

如来天心咒

Range self
    Mana 56+5*level
    Channel 1.5second
    Cast 2.6second
    CoolDown (300-12*Skill lvl)second
    Weapon dagger
    Require Cultivation lv39
    Skill Description
    during 120seconds,avoid 1 deadly hit that may cause death,and recover 20% max hp.

I don't understand what it exactly mean, is he really immortal for 2 mins? Or is he missing 1 phy. attack? It's really hard to understand but if he's immortal it's unnormal.

And secound question:
    Assasin has 2 stealth skills, OK 1 in battle mode (slow running) and 1 in safe mode (normal running). But will be any pots/ skills/tricks for all classes to see invisible Assasin? Cause if not it doesn't make sence. Assasin is seeing he's losing so he'll become invisible and run away.

This 2 skills realise me Assasin can be immortal and really strong. But I don't know about real. Do u know anything?

he isn't immortal...
    During those 2 mins, If he gets 1 deadly hit that may cause death, he will recover 20% of his HP...but then if he get another deadly hit during those 120 sec he will die.

If he is still alive during the CoolDown (300-12*Skill lvl)second and recast it then he will be again protected ONES...etc

Its life saver seen in other games before for weak melee class with deadly Dps (Damages per Second) ....a VERY NICE skill for skilled Sins.

For Exemple, if you get a Armagedon : ~ 5000 damages overwhelming your Health: 4000 Hp ...You won't die and even see ur hp charm Tick or recover 20% hp ....if i got it right ..
  • rexberry
    rexberry Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    "如影随形

Range (15+1.5*Skill lvl)meters
    Mana 35+5*Skill lvl
    Cast instant
    CoolDown (30-1.5*Skill lvl)second
    Weapon dagger
    Require Cultivation lv29

Skill Description

instantly teleport to target in range.
    require 20 chi."

Does this apply to friendly targets as well ^ ^?
    I'm pretty sure the other one (that costs 1 spark) doesn't because it stuns target for 3 seconds upon teleportation completion.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    rexberry wrote: »
    "如影随形

Range (15+1.5*Skill lvl)meters
    Mana 35+5*Skill lvl
    Cast instant
    CoolDown (30-1.5*Skill lvl)second
    Weapon dagger
    Require Cultivation lv29

Skill Description

instantly teleport to target in range.
    require 20 chi."

Does this apply to friendly targets as well ^ ^?
    I'm pretty sure the other one (that costs 1 spark) doesn't because it stuns target for 3 seconds upon teleportation completion.

im leaning more towards assasin now b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    im leaning more towards assasin now b:cry

Well you can do 1 of 2 things right now.

You can play both of the new classes

Pro- You can find out which one you like most, more new skills to find out, having fun learning pros and cons of each class

Con- You will be WAY lower level then everyone that stuck to 1 class, you will be below par on both classes because you cant devote your skills to 1 class, by the time you level to a sub-high level their will be guides on the class which means more Oracle noobs being your level also

OR

Wait till they make guides

Pro- You can just copy of their guides and have no mind of your own. You have a chance to be an oracle noob!!! since their are guides out so you dont have to think and u get no exprience from the classes, you just follow other expriences!!!! YAY *sacrasm*

Con- the Pros speak for themselve

Or you can do Secret choice number 3!!! which is

Choose a class and play with it

Pros- Learn with class, can be a high level and not an "oracle noob" can be a guide maker, be expert at your class, be a force in pvp/pve through exprience, gain good memories/ good expriences

Con- Makes you wonder "What if I played the other class"....Thats about it
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    soooo did any oracle noobs made it to 90 and can give us sage/demon list b:surrender

Its keeeeeeeling me!
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Korren - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    As we can see from the TideBorn area, it is composed by 3 islands. One is newbie island, one is where TB city and Palace of Nirvana located. what does the 3rd island do!?

take a break

1220hm02620245203.gif

Yes, its for public quest~

This island is full of lv70-100 mobs / mini boss, and quest items everywhere on the ground.

The Public quest is separated into 3 part:

For lv60-80 players.
    take quest from commander of tideborn vanward army.

after finishing quest,
    u get exp , spirit, coins, and warrior metals(depend your rank)
    u can use these metals to trade for something( -__- i dunno)

For those lv81-94 players. sry...plz rush your lvl to 95 and then come back.

For lv95+ players, u have 2 choice.(u can only take one)

A) Pillage of resources
    go to North East side of island and take quest from comander NPC.

This one is mainly aimed at farming quest items on the ground. Ofcos there will be mob / boss killing quests during the whole quest process,but much less than B.

Besides the exp,spirt,coins reward.
    the top rank players can get guard metals and u can trade several amount of them for the rare white pather and AC pet Darkness Assassin.

90954580.jpg
    63989364.png
    aa2ww.png

B)Kill Prince of yaksha
    go to Sorth East side of island and take quest from comander NPC.

yes, this part of island is mainly aimed at killing mobs, and the QQ boss- Prince of yaksha or w/e he is called..

Besides the exp,spirt,coins reward.
    the top rank players can get xxxx crystals and u can trade several amount of them for the best grade 15 ★★rings in the game.
    (6 broken crystals for 1 crystal, 25 crystals for the lowest success rate crafting for the ring, thats a lot, and u will prolly fail :D)

attributes:
    crit+3%
    acc+50%
    atk lvl +2

and

crit+3%
    channeling -6%
    atk lvl +2

something u should know:

1. Public Quest wont be released w/ expansion (i guess)

2. U can check all public quest infromations(rank, participants,quest process etc.) in a specific menu

3. Dont leave this island, or your quest will fail.

4.Once a whole quest process is finished, public quest will restart, so choose a time with less competitors u may get better rewards.

5.join a pt, u will get more mob kills...

6.at the end of a P quest process, u will get some random lucky contribution.
    so your final contribution = contribution from quest + lucky contribution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ahh very nice update on public quests Korren.
    Those rings look similar to lunar rings but with attack level and higher refine.
    The white panther doesn't look too bad either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So this island is pk-enabled b:cute?
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I find it very hard to believe that the 81-94 players don't get in on this. Otherwise why would there be 8x mobs there?
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I find it very hard to believe that the 81-94 players don't get in on this. Otherwise why would there be 8x mobs there?

If you bothered to read his post, he said that the 60~94 players are in the same bracket, where you do quests to get the rare mount/ACP alongside exp/coin/spirit.

lurn2riidmoar
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    post here venom's new pet and stats..b:sad
    newpetz.jpg
    petpet.png

comparing w/ lv19 Crystalline Magmite
    80047930.png

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is it a rare O_O_O_O_O_O_O_?

so geting it T_T

altho i wanted a new air pet ....
    and what the skills do o.o
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • I_missU - Dreamweaver
    I_missU - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So Korren, you mean for level 81-94 no public quest? How come... b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    QQ
    I got demon quickshot at last b:victoryb:thanks
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    post here venom's new pet and stats..b:sad
    newpetz.jpg
    petpet.png

comparing w/ lv19 Crystalline Magmite
    80047930.png

Is the red one in the background tamable too if so what are its stats
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Korren - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    So Korren, you mean for level 81-94 no public quest? How come... b:cry
    well, from all the information i can get(website info, and ingame NPC instructions), theres no P quest for those lv81-94 players...b:surrender
    Is the red one in the background tamable too if so what are its stats

no, only the blue one. ofcos there r some other tamable pet, but only this one is kinda useful...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    no, only the blue one. ofcos there r some other tamable pet, but only this one is kinda useful...

any air pets o.o?
    that arent icky...?(no bugs Dx)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    any legendary waterpet coming up???? (we got herc, nix,... maybe a uber-pwnage turtle??? )

and any possibilities on a ddpet, other than scorpion??? (im leveling up scorpion atm and wnna know if its gonna be useless after update or not)
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    rinuruc wrote: »
    any legendary waterpet coming up???? (we got herc, nix,... maybe a uber-pwnage turtle??? )

I hope not. It's gonna be expensive enough for my veno to get herc as it is without another pet needing battle pet pack stuff...QQQQQQ.... ok i'm over it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    did anyone already make a wiki-like thing where u can find everything together; instead of like having to read through hundreds of pages of text???
  • Cheyannalina - Sanctuary
    Cheyannalina - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i didn`t made any gameplay vid but i still want to show my sin and psycho (lvl 15 new armor set looks awesome)

sin:
    th_2009-12-0322-16-13.jpg

th_2009-12-0322-16-43.jpg

psycho:
    th_2009-12-0419-20-59.jpg

th_2009-12-0419-20-05.jpg
    NOW i cant decide between sin or psy ;-;
    come closer....

closer.....

even closer....

(slaps)

dun trust. :D
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you bothered to read his post, he said that the 60~94 players are in the same bracket, where you do quests to get the rare mount/ACP alongside exp/coin/spirit.

lurn2riidmoar

OMG I"M SO SORRY ALL HIGH AND MIGHTY 101 ON A PVE SERVER. PLEASE PLEASE FORGIVE ME AND DON'T GRIND ON SOME MOBS AT ME b:surrender. IN CASE YOU DIDN'T NOTICE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO READ IT THAT WAY. GO GRIND MORE...OR GET AN XBOX
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Dasypogon - Harshlands
    Dasypogon - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    IN BEFORE QQ

just to clear things up about 白巫咒

Skill Description
    increase def lvl(49+5*Skill lvl) ,
    decrease atk lvl(33+3.3*Skill lvl) ,
    last 60second.
    u can only activate either黑巫咒 or 白巫咒.

its not -99% dmg taken , only 54% , also damage dealt is 34% less

now go QQ about assasin evading damage from skills.yes MAGIC attacks counts

Do you mean that they only have one skill level of 白巫咒? The descriptions imply that they should have several skill levels. Also they can have +defense level gear and the mermaid bonus to defense level.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    korren already said there is none for lvl 81-94 so HE needs to lurn2riidmoar xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    korren already said there is none for lvl 81-94 so HE needs to lurn2riidmoar xD

Yup pretty much
    well, from all the information i can get(website info, and ingame NPC instructions), theres no P quest for those lv81-94 players...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    the top rank players can get xxxx crystals and u can trade several amount of them for the best grade 15 ★★rings in the game.
    HUH???? I hope this doesnt mean only the 50 pple ranked...b:surrender hope its just my mistake
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
This discussion has been closed.