Which weapons are best for a BM?

Sanjoydeori - Heavens Tear
Sanjoydeori - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Blademaster
TW=?
PvP=?
PVE=?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?"
- Epicurus
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Sanjoydeori - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• LordChronis - Dreamweaver
    LordChronis - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Axes are the best BM wep for mutli versatile use.

Tw, a axe bm pwns face

Pvp Stun lock, axes...Pwn face

Pve Aoeing 8-10 mobs at a time , axes , pwn face b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Everything is based on mind, is led by mind, is fashioned by mind. If you speak and act with a pure mind, happiness will follow you, as a shadow clings to a form.
  • WhitePuma - Lost City
    WhitePuma - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Axes are the best against multiple enemies( TW, RB, and others). Alot of people say sword is the best there is in a 1v1 fight, which doesnt happen a ton any more, but its still a good choice. The best for bosses are fist. The insane DPS really helps throughout a long fight, and if you learn to use shadowless kick and time it right, people will love you for that. If you combine heavens flame with the DPS of fist, it will take down a boss so fast.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    TW=?
    PvP=?
    PVE=?

TW=Axe
    PvP=Pole (party PvP) / Sword (1vs1 PvP)
    PvE=Fist/Sword (Fist is better, but the attack debuff from sword is nice toob:cute)

That is my opinion.

EDIT: my PvE opinion was referring to boss fights. Axes and Spear are better for AoE grinding mobs and generally clearing places.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    PvP: fists for attack speed and dps
    PvE: Axes for aoe, fists for bosses

I can't say much about TW, because I haven't been involved in one yet. Heavens flame = win.
    Attack speed buff for fists = win.

You win either way. b:victory
  • tebo
    tebo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009

I can't say much about TW, because I haven't been involved in one yet. Heavens flame = win.

No Just no
  • AshWorth - Sanctuary
    AshWorth - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    In my opinion Axe/spear combi. If you can only pick one weapon path then go for axes..With Axe/spear combi you can prolly kill a lvl90++ or even lvl100 LA or robe user in 2 hits.
  • AshWorth - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    High DPS doesn't necessary lead to victory. You could have high DPS but you
    still can't kill your enemy. For instance if you are a fist BM you have to land many hits in order to tick your enemy's charm and your dmg aren;t high enough to take down your enemy in a few secs. Moreover your enemy can run, jump, fly, etc to avoid your attack. Unless you have an extremely well refined fist weapon or else I don;t see how fist can be the best choice. In addition to that fist BM probably has the lowest HP among all other classes which made them highly vulnerable to attack from their enemy. I am not very familiar with sword and therefore I can;t give much comment about it.
  • natedog97
    natedog97 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Not saying this is the best but... how about this concept.

For PvP

Get fast fingers.. and change weapon.

Gear that makes you attack faster

Stun
    Demon spark
    Axe amp dmg
    Fist DPs

Nice thing with this is if you find yourself in trouble you can start to stun lock.

Laugh all you want I have seen it kill off barbs of equal lvl and gears in no time.

Granted this idea is for those 9x Bms who are already too stuckup to take in a suggestion.

Flame on.
  • kamikaze101
    kamikaze101 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009

tebo wrote: »
    No Just no

Actually yes o-o, Fist do own Just need speed :p
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Actually no. If it was PvE I'd completely agree, but in PvP speed and steady consistent damage only puts you ticking their charm repeatedly while they bash at your somewhat frail hp. Wheras an axe build could flame, poison, bash or whatever and a zerk crit would smash past their charm and floor them. In a situation where fists could outspeed an opponents charm, it's more than likely an axe build would out-zerk the same opponent.

On top of that, in mass pvp fist's don't really shine at all compared to axes which are practically build for smashing multiple opponents.

Don't get me wrong, fists are amazing and built correctly and used by a skilled player they can be lethal, but axes simply have more potential in the pvp field.
  • Rupture - Dreamweaver
    Rupture - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    TW=Axe, who doesn't love big round metal things b:laugh
    PvE=Fists, only cause they have uber shiny sexy powers
    Pvp=Pike, omg i love carrying the long poles b:dirty
  • tebo
    edited October 2009

fist are not the best pvp weapon period. no one is gonna sit there and tank your hits except heavy classes and you wont be able to kill heavy classes with a charm. Spike dmg and status affects are what is needed to kill in pvp.

I suggest going axe/ spear or Axe/sword for pvp
  • AshWorth - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    natedog97 wrote: »
    Not saying this is the best but... how about this concept.

For PvP

Get fast fingers.. and change weapon.

Gear that makes you attack faster

Stun
    Demon spark
    Axe amp dmg
    Fist DPs

Nice thing with this is if you find yourself in trouble you can start to stun lock.

Laugh all you want I have seen it kill off barbs of equal lvl and gears in no time.

Granted this idea is for those 9x Bms who are already too stuckup to take in a suggestion.

Flame on.

The problem is your enemy will run away when they see you demon spark them. Speaking about practicality I think the best is to stun, HF amp, poison and kill in the next 2 moves (max). The best is to kill your enemy without relying on zerk or cri. If you can' just hope for one zerk or cri to finish them. If you are facing an archer just take one accuracy pot and do the same like you are doing to other classes
  • ExoKillr - Heavens Tear
    ExoKillr - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    TW=?
    PvP=?
    PVE=?

AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES AXES
    shall i say more? oh and spears axe/spear best combo PERIOD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2009
    I love this forum. ****-rific.

fist are, by far, the best 1v1 weapon imaginable for warriors. give your opponent more than 6k hp, axe users wont even be able to get them to half when their hiero cools down. no axe user has ever killed any of my characters(unless I was low level in the hidden tomb. newgen always pk low levels there :/). the only weapon path that has actually hurt me is fist, and a smart spear user I met in tw one time(cv gold spear and hh99 spear. **** debuffed me).

and, please, fist users "frail hp"? why, because poor people have base con because they can't afford refines? I have +4 hh90 green and over 6k base hp, how is that low? give me defense buffs and I seemingly live forever.

1v1 = cyclone kick -> switch to spear -> debuff any obscure buffs with normal attacks.

- only skills from spear you should be using is the range skill(if they run and low on hp), the push skill(if you have dark in a crowd situation. stuns) and the doom(if you have dark). in other words, don't use spears unless you have dark skills for it(and the proper weapons, like the cv gold spear, hh100 spear and hh99 debuff spear). the skills are weak at level 10.

> switch back to fist, cyclone kick > roar > punch > axes, drake, fist. if they didn't die from that, cyclone kick and try again. if they tank you straight out, use thruster bash(fist doom. don't know pwi name) from half hp alone with cyclone kick. they'll die. if it's a warrior and he wont stop stunning you, striding stroll(anti-movement debuff run skill). no other warrior is going to kill you, if you can't kill him just fury. if he uses alter marrow, make some element pills. thruster already adds 100% of your patk in fire damage(135% dark), so their marrow only makes you hit harder.

if you can't tank their damage, learn to use your 2 jump skills.

I didn't mention swords in that 1v1 because I just really don't find a use for them. I have found myself playing with them because the 49 skill looks cool, and it lowers dodge(good for archers, I suppose). but other than that, the doom isn't useful when I want to be killing things. the only time I use myriad is in gv on heavy pileups.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Actually no. If it was PvE I'd completely agree, but in PvP speed and steady consistent damage only puts you ticking their charm repeatedly while they bash at your somewhat frail hp. Wheras an axe build could flame, poison, bash or whatever and a zerk crit would smash past their charm and floor them. In a situation where fists could outspeed an opponents charm, it's more than likely an axe build would out-zerk the same opponent.

On top of that, in mass pvp fist's don't really shine at all compared to axes which are practically build for smashing multiple opponents.

Don't get me wrong, fists are amazing and built correctly and used by a skilled player they can be lethal, but axes simply have more potential in the pvp field.

Hey O.O Idk why, but it seems to me so many of you think axes are the only weapon with zerk ability. The other weapons have zerk versions too. Just sayin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited October 2009

I used to agree with your viewpoint, but fists are actually good for 1v1 PvP at higher levels. The fact is that fists with -interval gear can get to ridiculously high attack speeds. So when you're doing 500 damage per normal hit to HA at 2.5 atk/s it's highly possible to kill someone during charm cooldown. Of course mass pvp fists are much much worse
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    prof wrote: »

fist are, by far, the best 1v1 weapon imaginable for warriors. give your opponent more than 6k hp, axe users wont even be able to get them to half when their hiero cools down. no axe user has ever killed any of my characters(unless I was low level in the hidden tomb. newgen always pk low levels there :/). the only weapon path that has actually hurt me is fist, and a smart spear user I met in tw one time(cv gold spear and hh99 spear. **** debuffed me).

and, please, fist users "frail hp"? why, because poor people have base con because they can't afford refines? I have +4 hh90 green and over 6k base hp, how is that low? give me defense buffs and I seemingly live forever.

I have 7k base HP and from what I can tell I'm about 10 levels below you. So, yes, frail HP compared to an axe build simply because we can afford to add more vit in addition to our refines.
    I'm not arguing an amazing fist build can probably smash through even a charm and perform really greatly in pvp, but give an axe user the same godly refines and equips, and played by a highly skilled player who knows what they're doing and their spike damage will have more potential to break through a charm.

In 1v1 pvp fists are great. No argument whatsoever from me. If they can break through a charm they'll floor an opponent far faster than axes can. Axes shine in mass pvp and taking down huge crazy hp charmed opponents.
    Hey O.O Idk why, but it seems to me so many of you think axes are the only weapon with zerk ability. The other weapons have zerk versions too. Just sayin.

Absolutely true. I suppose again the reason axes are prefered for zerk is simply spike damage. The ability to occasionally hit for a really big number and double it twice with a zerk crit.

To give my honest opinion on the entire thing, I don't think any bm should restrict themselves to a single weapon. Each weapon has it's advantages and disadvantages and it's versatility that defines a great bm from an average one.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2009
    axe aoes are slow, as well as moderate damage. I don't see axes killing anything souly by themselves. it's a support weapon, not a killer. the only purpose is to hold someone still while someone else kills for you.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Absolutely true. I suppose again the reason axes are prefered for zerk is simply spike damage. The ability to occasionally hit for a really big number and double it twice with a zerk crit.

To give my honest opinion on the entire thing, I don't think any bm should restrict themselves to a single weapon. Each weapon has it's advantages and disadvantages and it's versatility that defines a great bm from an average one.

Now, I am not arguing for fists>axes or anything of the nature, so don't take it that way, but...

Wouldn't Zerking fists have way more chances of zerk+crit than Axes? You have a higher crit rate and hit much more often O.o That could be kind of cool.

*Decides to check it out*

EDIT: My god we BM's are horrible at staying on topic =O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tebo
    edited October 2009
    Zerk fist would get you killed in pvp

%5 hp for every zerk tick . i dont think you would want to costantly lose %5 while your oponent it hammering your ****
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    tebo wrote: »
    Zerk fist would get you killed in pvp

%5 hp for every zerk tick . i dont think you would want to costantly lose %5 while your oponent it hammering your ****

point taken but thats what event pots are for b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AshWorth - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    prof wrote: »

1v1 = cyclone kick -> switch to spear -> debuff any obscure buffs with normal attacks.

- only skills from spear you should be using is the range skill(if they run and low on hp), the push skill(if you have dark in a crowd situation. stuns) and the doom(if you have dark). in other words, don't use spears unless you have dark skills for it(and the proper weapons, like the cv gold spear, hh100 spear and hh99 debuff spear). the skills are weak at level 10.

> switch back to fist, cyclone kick > roar > punch > axes, drake, fist. if they didn't die from that, cyclone kick and try again. if they tank you straight out, use thruster bash(fist doom. don't know pwi name) from half hp alone with cyclone kick. they'll die. if it's a warrior and he wont stop stunning you, striding stroll(anti-movement debuff run skill). no other warrior is going to kill you, if you can't kill him just fury. if he uses alter marrow, make some element pills. thruster already adds 100% of your patk in fire damage(135% dark), so their marrow only makes you hit harder.

if you can't tank their damage, learn to use your 2 jump skills.

I didn't mention swords in that 1v1 because I just really don't find a use for them. I have found myself playing with them because the 49 skill looks cool, and it lowers dodge(good for archers, I suppose). but other than that, the doom isn't useful when I want to be killing things. the only time I use myriad is in gv on heavy pileups.

I am an average BM and I have 13.4k hp after buffed. I have most of the weapon you described above such as lunar spear(+5), monarch spear(+6), and GX(+9). I have to accept the fact that demon is a better choice for pvp however I find heaven to be pretty good in pvp too.. I think with HF I can 2 hits (HF with sage farstrike and TS/one more phy move) a 6-7k hp BM, archer, wiz, veno, and even a barb.. Forgive me i don;t treat a fist BM as a potential threat because I can kill them fairly easy. With HF I can hit a lvl96 archer 9.4k with spear skill..Imagine if i have a +9/+10 spear I can prolly do 10k++. In Delta my max dmg to one of the bosses is 120k+.
  • AshWorth - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    The problem with zerk fist is due to the effect itself. As you know fist BM has low HP your dmg to your enemy(melee) with zerk is prolly the same as the dmg you received from the effect. My base dmg to any 90+ BM is about 800-1.1k. If you have 6k base hp there is a chance that I can kill you with just one cri zerk assuming you lose too much hp from the zerk effect and my melee skills .. Imagine that if the fist BM has 9k hp fully buffed I will first purge him with the debuff spear, and kill him with extreme poison after stun. Worst case just use HF, TS, spear skills.. Bottomline hp is cucial for survival.. You can't kill if you are dead..
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    The problem with zerk fist is due to the effect itself. As you know fist BM has low HP your dmg to your enemy(melee) with zerk is prolly the same as the dmg you received from the effect. My base dmg to any 90+ BM is about 800-1.1k. If you have 6k base hp there is a chance that I can kill you with just one cri zerk assuming you lose too much hp from the zerk effect and my melee skills .. Imagine that if the fist BM has 9k hp fully buffed I will first purge him with the debuff spear, and kill him with extreme poison after stun. Worst case just use HF, TS, spear skills.. Bottomline hp is cucial for survival.. You can't kill if you are dead..

I am pretty damn sure I said in my above post that I didn't think this was some sort of super cool awesome better than axe strategy, and that I just wanted to play with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AshWorth - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Yea in fact I am still learning today :)
  • Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver
    Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Back when relentless courage WASN'T nerfed, I could stun arcanes, tick their charm, and kill them before the stun wore off. With fists. I do admit though the lack of spike damage makes it difficult to kill Barbs and BMs.
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The best weapon question is the dumbest **** on the planet IMO....use all weapons, then you will be a complete bm. All weapons have areas they are strong in, and areas they are weak in, arguing which is best overall is pointless...just get them all and use them all. Every tree has skills which are helpful for some situation.

Summary of this...I could write an entire essay but im lazy atm...

Axes: AOE primary, spike damage (heavens counts in spike damage cus thats what its used to create), stun.

Swords: Knockback, additional ranged attack, squad saving ulti, decent dps with higher spike than fists, or duelzies for hybrid between axe and spear attack speed type/spike...these weapons fill in gaps between other bm weapons in ability.

Fists: Highest dps, fastest chi gain, best aggro holding, secondary weapon for AOE, canceling...the bm tanking weapon. Also has the highest rate over time of ability procs cus of attack speed.

Spears: Average joe weapon with no real strength or weakness (middle range attack speed, dps and spike), the 3rd weapon for aoe, most powerful ranged attack, far reach normal attacks.

I use all of these in squad, I use all of them in pvp.

So by just using one weapon your only getting some of your bm benefits....please I insist take advantage of them all. The bm class is all about FLEXIBILITY, you have sht to use in every situation almost, you support your team mates....thats the way its supposed to be.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I am an average BM and I have 13.4k hp after buffed. I have most of the weapon you described above such as lunar spear(+5), monarch spear(+6), and GX(+9).

Oh yeah, you are just our average BM alright. >_>

To OP, best weapon in TW=PvP=PVE= Ancient Arbor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:shedtear Nobody likes fisties... Personally, I would try to work for the tt100 weapons b/c I am a freak, but I dunno. Needs moar cowbell.