New Pet Skill Suggestion...

Rho - Dreamweaver
Rho - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Suggestion Box
So. i have been thinking. (yes... dangerous... i know...) b:shocked

and i have another character which is a veno. and i love playing with her so much. i personally think the veno class is really cool. and the more i play with her, the more i think that it would be a sweet idea if there was a skill that we could teach our pets that would enable them to pick up the drops for us.

i mean, theyre already tanking for us. so we're (relatively) far away from the mob. when the mob dies, the pet runs back to us, and then we have to run over to where the mob was standing and pick up the drops. not a major inconvenience, i know, but wouldnt it just be really cool if since the pet is already there we could just command it to pick up the drops for us?

like i said, i know that its not as though its some huge inconvenience, but i just think it would be kinda cool. tell me what you think... and please remember, its jsut a suggestion and something ive been thinking about... and all i want is your opinions. so please dont be mean! b:victory
Post edited by Rho - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Gagarin - Dreamweaver
    Gagarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think thats a really good idea. I also have a veno, and even though its sweet to be able to stand back and watch your pet do most of the dirty work, its kinda of irritating to have to run up there anyway and pick up the drops. so i think that it would bea good idea. mabye even a default action especially for venos. something that you dont have to buy and put in the skill spot for your pet
  • Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Haha, my sister and I have also talked about that before! I think that it would be cool if it was an option on that "Pet" list. It would just be this little check box in the corner of the pop-up or something.

You know, since baby pets are basically useless (with the whole "they basically only follow you around" thing), it could also be that baby pets could pick up stuff too. Make the pick-up option be called "Fetch" or something. b:chuckle

Because really, does anyone have a pet that doesn't like to do something? I never had a pet in my whole life that just liked to follow me around. That's actually kind of creepy now that I think about it... My pet would basically be stalking me if it did that. b:shocked
  • Rho - Dreamweaver
    Rho - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Haha, my sister and I have also talked about that before! I think that it would be cool if it was an option on that "Pet" list. It would just be this little check box in the corner of the pop-up or something.

You know, since baby pets are basically useless (with the whole "they basically only follow you around" thing), it could also be that baby pets could pick up stuff too. Make the pick-up option be called "Fetch" or something. b:chuckle

Because really, does anyone have a pet that doesn't like to do something? I never had a pet in my whole life that just liked to follow me around. That's actually kind of creepy now that I think about it... My pet would basically be stalking me if it did that. b:shocked
    haha, i agree. but one queston, you said baby pets 'basically only follow you around." so... can baby pets do something other than just follow you around? is there something else they CAN do?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    haha, i agree. but one queston, you said baby pets 'basically only follow you around." so... can baby pets do something other than just follow you around? is there something else they CAN do?

Some of them look adorable, does that count?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    so... can baby pets do something other than just follow you around? is there something else they CAN do?

Make annoying noises at you...

Oh and they can make you harder to target as people can click on the pet instead of you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Not really xD Exactly why I suggested the "Fetch" thing.
  • Necrophius - Heavens Tear
    Necrophius - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    As a more business-oriented measure, the programmers could do what Nexxon did. Put an item of that nature in the boutique. A 'bag' we can equip to our pets (both battle & baby pets) that allows them to pick up our items. Realistically, it would be a permanent item, but the way the programmers do things it'll prolly only last for a week/month.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i play another game that has loot pets.. and i love my looter!!!!

In that game we can still use our "battle pets" (i'll use terms here so you can understand lol) while the looter pet follows us around and is unable to be killed or targeted. (just like the genie) The loot pet is a cash shop item and comes in a few different skins.. you can also name your loot pet and trade them to other characters.

all classes can use the looter.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • LadyRatatosk - Dreamweaver
    LadyRatatosk - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i play another game that has loot pets.. and i love my looter!!!!

In that game we can still use our "battle pets" (i'll use terms here so you can understand lol) while the looter pet follows us around and is unable to be killed or targeted. (just like the genie) The loot pet is a cash shop item and comes in a few different skins.. you can also name your loot pet and trade them to other characters.

all classes can use the looter.

I think I know what game you're talking about. Now, while the gathering pet would be nice, having an attacking pet, a gathering pet, and a genie out all at once would create a lot of lag if a lot of Venos are gathered in relatively close proximity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Courage Is The Magic That Turns Dreams Into Reality
    edited October 2009
    I think I know what game you're talking about. Now, while the gathering pet would be nice, having an attacking pet, a gathering pet, and a genie out all at once would create a lot of lag if a lot of Venos are gathered in relatively close proximity.

i dont see how it would be a big deal.. on that game the summoner classes can have two battle pets out at once (dual summoning) with the looter pet as well.

o and every class (even the regular classes that dont revolve around pets) on that game can have atleast one battle pet out.. so you can imagine the amount of pets running around.
    A - Throw money at it.
    edited October 2009
    i dont see how it would be a big deal.. on that game the summoner classes can have two battle pets out at once (dual summoning) with the looter pet as well.

Yeah, on THAT game it's not a big deal. But this is PWI. We already get plenty of lag from regular pets, glowing armor, mounts, and genies. Adding something else that the game needs to keep track of like that will only add to the lag we already have. Now, if we added the feature to something that already existed, that's another story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, on THAT game it's not a big deal. But this is PWI. We already get plenty of lag from regular pets, glowing armor, mounts, and genies. Adding something else that the game needs to keep track of like that will only add to the lag we already have. Now, if we added the feature to something that already existed, that's another story.

i dont really lag in this game so i guess thats why it doesnt seem that big of deal to me.
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Necrophius - Heavens Tear
    Necrophius - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Of what game are yuo referring to? sounds worth trying.
    edited October 2009

i dont think i'm allowed to mention it here.
    A - Throw money at it.
    edited October 2009

We aren't allowed to say. Referencing other games is prohibited and, more than likely, it'll be blocked out as if it were swearing.

It's kinda like saying "Voldemort"...OH NO I SAID IT!!! D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]