Who said Wizards can't solo? FB19 done at 32.

Options
Isala - Sanctuary
Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
I just want to point out something to all you naysayers of the wizard class. We don't suck. All those people talking about how squishy we are, and how we crumple after a few hits? Take a peek at this. FB19, no party, no outside buffs, no charm. Just me, my pots, my apothecary powders, and my genie. Now tell me that all wizards go squish.

Right after the first room. Notice there is no wine being used, and I don't have the luring genie.
TheFirstRoom.jpg

After clearing the entire cave of mobs, I attack Thromh himself.
ThromhComes.jpg

Guess who was squishier.
ThromhDies.jpg

Now, I've got a few questions for anyone that wants to answer. When did you first solo FB19? What was your class, what was your build, and how did you do it? I'd really like to know, so I can get more information about other classes. I'm trying to figure out which builds, and classes are the hardiest, and survive the most, so any help would be appreciated.
Post edited by Isala - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    As I always say, most people say things yet never bother to learn how to play the class well. You proved this with this topic.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    FB19 bosses are just like normal monsters with alot of hp. they can be slowed, nixed, and FoW'd. i also did this around 30 it took awhile but it is doable
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Sorry off topic.
    But how you add more space on bar on the right side? Space for skills, spells, and another things? I can just extend it to 4 rows, no 5!! like you. It still going from beginning, when I click on small arrow.
    Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Sorry off topic.
    But how you add more space on bar on the right side? Space for skills, spells, and another things? I can just extend it to 4 rows, no 5!! like you. It still going from beginning, when I click on small arrow.
    Thanks

Click the book icon, instead.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Click the book icon, instead.

I'll try when I will come home. Thanks.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I believe your wiz is heavy armour, correct? Then I'd expect it to be much easier at an early level, but congrats for doing it with the class with the least hp b:chuckle.

I tried in mixed LA/arcane on my wizzy at level 36 [my first character, when I didn't know how to allocate stats or wear the proper armour, also before genies] and made it to the boss room using apoth items/self heal, only to be smashed by those three ants that charge you at once without a lure. Gave up and completed it successfully at level 42.

My LA cleric completed it without genie/apoth items, only using ironheart, at level 38. Didn't attempt to try earlier, though it might have been possible. Very sturdy build, almost invincible at early levels.

Anyways, congrats to you. I think more people should try doing crazy stuff like this...it makes the game more fun, trying to see what you're capable of. I hope your wizzy sees continued success b:victory
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    keep in mind that's a heavy wiz...a robie can know full well how to play his/her class and have a lot of trouble in fb19 that early.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    -images-

Now, I've got a few questions for anyone that wants to answer. When did you first solo FB19? What was your class, what was your build, and how did you do it? I'd really like to know, so I can get more information about other classes. I'm trying to figure out which builds, and classes are the hardiest, and survive the most, so any help would be appreciated.

1/2. 4X on my axe blademaster. 19 on a Crystalline venomancer.
    3. Heavy on blademaster, arcane on venomancer.
    4. Uh, gather mobs and AoE with bm, lure with venomancer ? o.o

It was a definite ***** to solo with a veno at level 19 with a Crystalline, but I picked up some new tricks b:victory

You should of showed us your stats & armor (I can already tell you're heavy armor, just putting it out there for people that didn't notice) before posting these. Not all wizards are heavy armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Congrats...you proved nothing. Keep playing and then tell me we're not squishy. FB19 is a joke and thats about the time most builds of wiz can solo it. When you try to run a FB39, 51, and since you're heavy 59 and do that successfully then you "proved" we're not glass cannons.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Noxus - Dreamweaver
    Noxus - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I soloed fb 19 with lvl 23

Veno with herc but who cares xD
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have never attempted FB19, solo.

b:cute

b:chuckle
    same here.
    DX
    I basically tag along with a veno/bm/barb/cleric to blast down the mobs faster.
    (T.T)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    My word...

That font is deplorable! You should really kick it down a knotch or two. No wonder wizards are so squishy; you can't see the action behind all that text!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tecknic - Lost City
    Tecknic - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Congrats...you proved nothing. Keep playing and then tell me we're not squishy. FB19 is a joke and thats about the time most builds of wiz can solo it. When you try to run a FB39, 51, and since you're heavy 59 and do that successfully then you "proved" we're not glass cannons.

i have to agree here, fb19 is pretty much nothing compared to higher level instances. Also, like said before, the fb19 boss is like a mob with high hp, can be affected by stuns and such. Nothing much proved here, but kudos anyways for being 30x and doing it.

I will also comment that i believe that your HA build will help you less and less as you level,since your damage will begin to pale as you place more points into str and less into mag. I think that in the long run, a HA wiz wont do as good as a full glass cannon arcane wiz or LA wiz. But then again i could be wrong.
  • Nike - Harshlands
    Nike - Harshlands Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    wow you guys are good at pve

i was dying at 7x on a barb in fb19 cuz i didn't pay attention (fail perdition)
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i have to agree here, fb19 is pretty much nothing compared to higher level instances. Also, like said before, the fb19 boss is like a mob with high hp, can be affected by stuns and such. Nothing much proved here, but kudos anyways for being 30x and doing it.

I will also comment that i believe that your HA build will help you less and less as you level,since your damage will begin to pale as you place more points into str and less into mag. I think that in the long run, a HA wiz wont do as good as a full glass cannon arcane wiz or LA wiz. But then again i could be wrong.

No compromise Heavy/Robe builds have the same base mag as any LA build. The difference is that the HA will focus heavily on +stat to keep up on armor (Having enough mag for weapon should ALWAYS come first) whereas the LA can look into additional effects more (IE: a LA wiz would have -chan on their rings while a HA would have +stat on them if they hadn't already gained enough from it for their equips). For more detail, it's best to check the veno section since, to date here, only venos have seriously gotten into Heavy/Robe. It's a build any Arcane can use though on the same principles.
  • ColdSteele - Lost City
    ColdSteele - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Good luck soloing any other fb without waiting like 2x lvls after you need it
    It's too bad but "free to play, pay to win"-sckye

These "updates" are seeming more and more like downgrades.

aryannamage: Not PWE GM's they are all greedy b:angry
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lolz, heavy Wiz xD
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options

Oh, I agree, really. I've got a lot of work to do before I finally prove that we're not just squishy. This is just the start. As for 59, however... I'm HA/AA, and really, only an idiot would try to tank those casting bosses in full armor. And yes, to those asking, I'm a "No Compromise" build. Weapon comes first, and I work for + Str on my HA to equip more, and + Mag on my robes to gain the magic power I'm lacking.
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    keep in mind that's a heavy wiz...a robie can know full well how to play his/her class and have a lot of trouble in fb19 that early.

I solo'd fb19 back when I was 36 as a pure wiz with uber **** gears since it was my 1st and only character,was very hard though :P . Genies weren't out either since it was long ago.

I tanked fb39 too when I was like 51-55 , same pure build with somewhat better gears but nothing refined/legendary since sanctuary was so so still fresh.

fb59 bosses are tankable by an arcane user of that lvl with 2 clerics or a higher lvl one. Decent 3* gears should work,or better.

A good built pure 90 + wiz with let's say +7 refines on normal tt90 could probably tank both fb89 bosses and all 69 ones as well. I know an LA with +5 gears and 2 phy ornaments can ,with 1 cleric ofc.

About fb79,that's actually easy to do it starting at early 8x since most bosses do fire dmg which you have a shield against . The really un-tankable boss is the archer one in this fb (forgot it's name). Even fb89 bosses are easier than that one.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Oh, I agree, really. I've got a lot of work to do before I finally prove that we're not just squishy. This is just the start. As for 59, however... I'm HA/AA, and really, only an idiot would try to tank those casting bosses in full armor. And yes, to those asking, I'm a "No Compromise" build. Weapon comes first, and I work for + Str on my HA to equip more, and + Mag on my robes to gain the magic power I'm lacking.

Yay someone who doesn't take offense to EVERYTHING that's posted on the Internet. Here have a URL. Realize however that at level 100 you only gain a 4-5% reduction in pdef in comparison to LA. Also, remember that you have a smaller hp pool than the other builds because you have to shard differently.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yay someone who doesn't take offense to EVERYTHING that's posted on the Internet. Here have a URL. Realize however that at level 100 you only gain a 4-5% reduction in pdef in comparison to LA. Also, remember that you have a smaller hp pool than the other builds because you have to shard differently.

Since you mention sharding, how would you suggest I do it? Since I'm an HA/AA build, and I thought sharding Armor with Garnets would be redundant, I've been sharding both my HA, and AA with Citrines for more HP all around, since I shuffle my gear based on what resists I need anyway. I realized that doing what I'm doing will also cut my Vit by a huge chunk due to needing very specific bonuses that aren't Vit, so I'm also wearing helmets. And with completely unrefined gear, I hit just under 900 with my HA, and over 1k with my LA, due to sockets being filled. How that compares to your average wizard, I have no idea.

Also, thanks for the guide. A lot of good info in there, and some things I didn't even know that I can apply my Veno. I plan on going Demon, for the Earth Barrier's bonus to Physical Defense, so I might end up gaining a bit more than that 4-5%, hopefully. It probably will all depend on just how much I want to refine my gear, I'm thinking.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Since you mention sharding, how would you suggest I do it? Since I'm an HA/AA build, and I thought sharding Armor with Garnets would be redundant, I've been sharding both my HA, and AA with Citrines for more HP all around, since I shuffle my gear based on what resists I need anyway. I realized that doing what I'm doing will also cut my Vit by a huge chunk due to needing very specific bonuses that aren't Vit, so I'm also wearing helmets. And with completely unrefined gear, I hit just under 900 with my HA, and over 1k with my LA, due to sockets being filled. How that compares to your average wizard, I have no idea.

Also, thanks for the guide. A lot of good info in there, and some things I didn't even know that I can apply my Veno. I plan on going Demon, for the Earth Barrier's bonus to Physical Defense, so I might end up gaining a bit more than that 4-5%, hopefully. It probably will all depend on just how much I want to refine my gear, I'm thinking.

With your HA most people shard with sapphire. You have the right idea with citrine on your RA. I bolded those numbers because I assume you mean with things like gush. I'm a pure build and hit for ~5-6k with gush to give you a reference. The big key to being a successful HA wiz (yes they exist) is to have the best weapon possible. Once you hit 85 I recommend a Lunar Glade weapon and shard with the highest shard (I think G9...don't quote me though) and get it to +8. Also get the HA from LG and +2-4 it all with again the highest shards they'll take.

Remember the key to HA wiz is your ability to tank. (Pocket clerics are fun)
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    Paulita - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I was able to solo untamed elf and human fb19s since lvl 25 with apoth powders and pots
    b:shocked
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The big key to being a successful HA wiz (yes they exist) is to have the best weapon possible. Once you hit 85 I recommend a Lunar Glade weapon and shard with the highest shard (I think G9...don't quote me though)

Um, CV are 95+ equipments, Forgotten Frostland is 85+. And grade11/13 for CV.

+1 if you can ever solo Demonic Dialectic b:shocked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    With your HA most people shard with sapphire. You have the right idea with citrine on your RA. I bolded those numbers because I assume you mean with things like gush. I'm a pure build and hit for ~5-6k with gush to give you a reference. The big key to being a successful HA wiz (yes they exist) is to have the best weapon possible. Once you hit 85 I recommend a Lunar Glade weapon and shard with the highest shard (I think G9...don't quote me though) and get it to +8. Also get the HA from LG and +2-4 it all with again the highest shards they'll take.

Remember the key to HA wiz is your ability to tank. (Pocket clerics are fun)

What you bolded was my HP numbers, actually. Which is now 900 and 1100, respectively. I've been popping 1500s or so with Divine Pyrogram, and actually oneshotting some of my Metal quest mobs when I crit. Which isn't often, granted... But that will change. I'm almost to 20 Dex, I was pumping Str right now to wear Purgatorian Enforcer.

And I was thinking a combination of two weapons, endgame. One would be Requiem Blade, of course, for the boost of stat for when I really need that HA equipped, and the other was going to be either TT99, or 100, so I could use my + Mag robes, and really unleash some power. I've got things set up on my hotkeys to pop back and forth instantly between sets, and I've gotten quite quick at it. Thankfully, unlike my LA/AA Veno, nothing I can do as a wizard locks my gear... You think Lunar Glade might be a better choice? I'll have to look it up. Thanks for the advice.
  • Destini - Dreamweaver
    Destini - Dreamweaver Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I give you props for two things: creating an HA wiz, and soloing an fb 19 at that level.

I soloed my first 19 at like 65-70. I was bored and I was like "hmm...let me go solo some 19's and try to farm molds for $$". Got a few 3* but no molds. Then I tried to solo elf 19 at 30 with my veno and...didn't work out as well...my poor cub...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Of course I want to make you giggle, but this is serious. b:chuckle

Other Characters:

Ivy_>Psychic>Level 92>Sage>Active
    Serenata>Venomancer>Level 44>Inactive until further notice
    Avocet>Cleric>Level 25>same as above
    Descorian>Blademaster>Level 5> The love child of Destini and Escorian...but I hardly play her...b:surrender

PS: Caffeine Detox sucks!
  • Piliener - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What you bolded was my HP numbers, actually. Which is now 900 and 1100, respectively.

Best advice I can give you then is always have a barb to buff you around with that. I have ~2k w/o any shards at all (saving em for my 85 gear). So, kite a lot.
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Wizards are awesome like every other Class
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hi, here Screenshot.

Wizard at FB19. Done at 31 level.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=49811&d=1254577995
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sweet. Arcane wizard, too. Even better. Thanks.