Kylin

Options
Dark_Fate - Harshlands
Dark_Fate - Harshlands Posts: 968 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Dawnglory (EU)
Here is the history if the new harshland player dont know.. Once upon a timeb:chuckle at the beginning of harshland there were 4 main land owners factions. Namely, Kingdom,Crimson,LastStand and Kylin(had 1 land less than the other 3) Kylin was in the middle on the map.. like a barrier which divided the 4 factions... At the time crimson and Kingdom were allies and we were on safelist of everybody due to XuLin wanting not to be a threat to anyone at the beginning..
LS threat-
LastStand attacked many of our members ( mainly our lowbies) I personally only got ganked 2 times by 2 people when i was 7x.. too bad at the time i wasnt really a lowbie... then kos started thanks to KISSES and GodsFear who was Leader and Director... We took their lands easily and Kingdom took some too...
A new faction full of Pvp players was borned meanwhile called QQme... At this time Crimson was the no1 faction of the server,2nd was Kingdom and 3rd Kylin... QQme was made of ex people from those guilds, and many LS that left for QQme.. We must know that most of the 9x of kylin left for QQme after they were kicked/ caught botting - (Bearie, Zin , Sakurai)
they were up to be they strongest faction ever with so many 9x with funlolz as leader... then funlolz quit(vacation -tired of botting- no one really knows) but the new leader was Antihero.. some of kylin members went to help QQme for their tw against crimson... we were on safelist of everyone then... they kylin members stayed there because they could rpk and no real rules like in kylin.. 1st tw lasted forever crimson won.. they knew this kos between themselvess would be without end.. they chose the "easiest" way... Kylin

Without our 9xs we were just a bunch of 8x 7x and 6x in tw against 14 9x and high 8x.. this was murder... they ganked us and we lost many lands... too many... a new alliance formed Crimson and QQme to destroy Kylin because they couldnt do it alone and couldnt fight each other... Thanks to Awwie i guess... Kingdom called kos on Crimson because the latter didnt respect alliance.. and our safelist with Kingdom became an alliance.

QQme grew stronger in lvls but not in discipline... Ascii the QQme director was pked by his own members and went emo kicking everyone of the faction... so we were safe for 1 week and took 1 of their lands.. Lost City... After this QQme was not the same anymore... AntiHero give it a try but failed at reforming QQme... new factions were borned from QQme... Over9000, Sense and many others (they change name everytime lol

Crimson was left alone and Kingdom was our ally so we basically did what they did to us... now the no1 guild from the begginning of the server... is nothing .. gratz to Awwie and Barbapapa.. u guys rock

Sorry to crimson
Now your lands are ours because u were greedy...
Ty
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Dark_Fate - Harshlands on

Comments

• Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    *respect*b:coolb:mischievous
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Dark_Fate - Harshlands
    Dark_Fate - Harshlands Posts: 968 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    *respect*
    ty ty lord ajani b:kissb:cuteb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    Ascii - Harshlands Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
  • Cleon - Harshlands
    Cleon - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    inb4close, calling out botters b:bye

Oh, and I thought this week new fashion was only for you Ascii b:chuckle
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/newsubpage/emo-fashion-week-6631
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    inb4close, calling out botters b:bye

Oh, and I thought this week new fashion was only for you Ascii b:chuckle
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/newsubpage/emo-fashion-week-6631

:O it was, havent u seen my new ingame fashion?

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/162/steampunk22.png
  • Paigrande - Dreamweaver
    Paigrande - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Here is the history if the new harshland player dont know.. Once upon a timeb:chuckle at the beginning of harshland there were 4 main land owners factions. Namely, Kingdom,Crimson,LastStand and Kylin(had 1 land less than the other 3) Kylin was in the middle on the map.. like a barrier which divided the 4 factions... At the time crimson and Kingdom were allies and we were on safelist of everybody due to XuLin wanting not to be a threat to anyone at the beginning..
    LS threat-
    LastStand attacked many of our members ( mainly our lowbies) I personally only got ganked 2 times by 2 people when i was 7x.. too bad at the time i wasnt really a lowbie... then kos started thanks to KISSES and GodsFear who was Leader and Director... We took their lands easily and Kingdom took some too...
    A new faction full of Pvp players was borned meanwhile called QQme... At this time Crimson was the no1 faction of the server,2nd was Kingdom and 3rd Kylin... QQme was made of ex people from those guilds, and many LS that left for QQme.. We must know that most of the 9x of kylin left for QQme after they were kicked/ caught botting - (Bearie, Zin , Sakurai)
    they were up to be they strongest faction ever with so many 9x with funlolz as leader... then funlolz quit(vacation -tired of botting- no one really knows) but the new leader was Antihero.. some of kylin members went to help QQme for their tw against crimson... we were on safelist of everyone then... they kylin members stayed there because they could rpk and no real rules like in kylin.. 1st tw lasted forever crimson won.. they knew this kos between themselvess would be without end.. they chose the "easiest" way... Kylin

Without our 9xs we were just a bunch of 8x 7x and 6x in tw against 14 9x and high 8x.. this was murder... they ganked us and we lost many lands... too many... a new alliance formed Crimson and QQme to destroy Kylin because they couldnt do it alone and couldnt fight each other... Thanks to Awwie i guess... Kingdom called kos on Crimson because the latter didnt respect alliance.. and our safelist with Kingdom because an alliance.

QQme grew stronger in lvls but not in discipline... Ascii the QQme director was pked by his own members and went emo kicking everyone of the faction... so we were safe for 1 week and took 1 of their lands.. Lost City... After this QQme was not the same anymore... AntiHero give it a try but failed at reforming QQme... new factions were borned from QQme... Over9000, Sense and many others (they change name everytime lol

Crimson was left alone and Kingdom was our ally so we basically did what they did to us... now the no1 guild from the begginning of the server... is nothing .. gratz to Awwie and Barbapapa.. u guys rock

Sorry to crimson
    And as a response to your demand to stop kos.. we ask u to kick Awwie and need SS
    Awwie has been kicked from the faction :)
    Ty

Wrong, there were 5 powerhouse in the server ( Mercenary, LastStand, Kingdom, Kylin & Crimson)... And Kylin took out LS easily? pls dont joke like that, first TW was super hyper mega easy for Kylin nd I admit it... But second TW (when LS was even weaker cuz alot of high lvls left at that point) was harder for Kylin nd Im sure LS would b able to defend if that wasnt their second serious TW after the first one with Kylin nd dont forget that Kingdom was also atking LS not jus Kylin :p Although, after Kylin getting gang banged by QQme nd Crimson nd survive, they got my respect b:victory nd about Crimson, they could have been very strong till now if wasnt cuz of the QQme alliance which made alot of their core players leave the guild for Kingdom or random guilds.
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    :O it was, havent u seen my new ingame fashion?

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/162/steampunk22.png

ROFL
    10char
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    . a new alliance formed Crimson and QQme to destroy Kylin because they couldnt do it alone.

QQme Took Kylin in a 1 v 1 TW fight in 28 mins if i remember correctly o_o if it wasnt for me they would of taken all Kylin Lands on the North West of the map. just a correction for you.
    ROFL
    10char

what ya think? suits me? :D
  • BiteeMee - Harshlands
    BiteeMee - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    @Dark_Fate, lol did you sniff any glue or something?
    you only talk **** and, you need to have people kicked from a faction without lands?
    you're a pathetic kid and have fun controlling harshlands and ruining it even more... b:sad
  • Limit - Harshlands
    Limit - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    @Dark_Fate, lol did you sniff any glue or something?
    you only talk **** and, you need to have people kicked from a faction without lands?
    you're a pathetic kid and have fun controlling harshlands and ruining it even more... b:sad

b:cry
    /10
  • Cleon - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options

That is awesome! b:victory
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    60 / 250.
  • Hipotacros - Harshlands
    Hipotacros - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

the blue one is mercenary, the green one s crimson, the orange one is LS and the red one is Kingdom. Those were the main guilds after 3 weeks, but mercenary got weak and i remember that Eminence was really strong too. Kylin grew stronger and stronger and became stronger then LS.

Kylin had quite a few pvp TW while LS had none, which made kylin more experienced then LS tw wise. Alot of LS members sudenly stooped levelling cause they would pvp all day against Kingdom, Crimson and 5+ more other factions. At that point no1 realised how strong Kylin was growing out to be. Because of a problem with a kylin member a war emerged between those 2 factions and Kingdom decided to gank LS together with kylin.

1st TW took around 8 mins, which made about 15 high level and low level members to leave the LastStand (LS lost in 8 mins against Kylin).

2nd TW was fought till the last 48 mins with LS showing an amazing defence which later was broken cause LS didnt have enough power to fight Kylin.

With KISSES as a Leader LS was " disbanded" and most of the members (around 50%) joined QQme as it was aggreed by most of the members. Some LS quit the game, some joined other factions, some decided to reroll other classes etc.

~Hipo~ (former LS member)b:surrender
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • MD - Harshlands
    MD - Harshlands Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    QQme Took Kylin in a 1 v 1 TW fight in 28 mins if i remember correctly o_o if it wasnt for me they would of taken all Kylin Lands on the North West of the map. just a correction for you.

I took most of cata in TW under 10secb:shocked
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    LS threat-

Without our 9xs we were just a bunch of 8x 7x and 6x in tw against 14 9x and high 8x.. this was murder... they ganked us and we lost many lands... too many... a new alliance formed Crimson and QQme to destroy Kylin because they couldnt do it alone and couldnt fight each other... Thanks to Awwie i guess... Kingdom called kos on Crimson because the latter didnt respect alliance.. and our safelist with Kingdom became an alliance.

Sorry to crimson
    Ty

great story dark besides the fact that you left out that qqme got back on its feet and started getting back its land then antihero disbanded (why anti why b:surrender?. b:thanks
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Clean u have a sick sig b:dirty
  • Cleon - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Clean u have a sick sig b:dirty

Thank you, it's Kismet's work. She is amazing and made sigs for everyone who wanted in kylin. b:thanks
  • MD - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    the first week of HL? i was still playing around with my lvl10 veno in world chat lol.....
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    the first week of HL? i was still playing around with my lvl10 veno in world chat lol.....

I remember you from like 60-80 begging for zhen'sb:chuckle
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Know nothing about the rest but I can reclarify/give a better, more truthful recap of the Crimson part:

While Crimson was rising in power and the strongest guild of the at-the-moment-fully-carebear server, funlolz et al. decided to try bringing in PK to the group as Pendulum. The actual story here is a bit unclear as I was not part of Crimson at the time, but from what I gathered, Nini lost her HH60 to a Pendulum (Ligeria?) during a PK fight. Because the weapon was not returned, Crimson declared KOS on Pendulum. After the pressure of KOS, many core members of Pendulum broke off and started QQme.

QQme was originally intended to be a small faction with the purpose of bringing in real PK to the server (through attacking the biggest and also a generally carebear faction, Crimson). Due to their individual victories (i.e. strong control as 9xs over grinding areas such as fishes and butterflies) and RPK nature of the faction, many members from all over joined QQme (Mercenary, LastStand, Eminence, some ex-Kylin, etc.) and QQme quickly became a large lvl 3 faction that was TW-capable.

After a few weeks of PK between QQme and Crimson, TW between the two started. The first fight, QQme was rolled due to lack of complete organization and a strong TW-oriented Crimson core. Later TWs became more interesting as members gained experience (and QQme quickly gained levels). In the meantime, however, Kingdom made a big decision - go pure PvE and avoid KOS with QQme. While this may have been related to the fact that Pendulum was Crimson's KOS while LastStand was Kingdom's, the fact that Kingdom broke off meant the Crimson-Kingdom alliance was over.

Close to when QQme's last land were to be attacked, Awwie et al. had a discussion with funlolz et al. and made a server-changing decision. Having come from a TW-dead server (i.e. PW-MS), Awwie pushed for more TW and forced PvP from the rest of the server (he did NOT want Crimson to just end up dominating the map and making the server boring and dead like how it currently is) so a "truce" was announced between Crimson and QQme.

This "truce" was not previously made public within either factions so it came pretty much to a surprise to both factions. I am not sure about the reaction within QQme, but the reaction within Crimson was mixed. Sheo et al. supported and wanted more PK in this carebear server and was willing to go ahead with the change, at the cost of having to ally with a previous RPK enemy. Radical members such as HistoryX and more were outraged at the monarchical decision and straight out left the faction (I personally would have left too at that point had I not been convinced ahead of time by Awwie that this would be for the good of the server, which I saw as being nothing but carebear and full of oracle Cash Shoppers). This "truce" (which later, in practicality became an "alliance") called for attack on non-PvP carebear factions in an attempt to force more TW/PvP onto the server. The logical target was the non-commital smaller faction Kylin, which had already historically been serving both sides of the fence in PvP support.

And so both QQme and Crimson declared KOS on Kylin. There was much PKing for a while and Kylin was significantly weakened. The opinion of the Crimson core at that time was that Kylin, a non-PK faction, had almost the same number of lands as the other powerhouses but did not do anything to deserve it (other than taking it away from much smaller factions such as Sin, etc.). So TW started with Crimson and QQme slowly chipping away at Kylin's land as Kylin got weaker under the KOS. While I had nothing against Kylin, a non-RPK faction, I disliked the general avoidance of PvP.

At one point or another, there were instances of Kingdom members randomly PKing Crimson members. Through the screenshot-keeping process, Icon was contacted directly and, in most cases, people were kicked from either faction. One day, a screenshot was posted of the damage log of a Crimson barb PKd by Icon while AFK. There was discussion between Crimson leaders (not sure exactly who, but pretty sure Awwie and Barbapapa) and Icon. There was flaming between the parties. There was likely large ego-fests. A KOS declaration followed. (It was later revealed through PMs from Icon to Awwie that the PK was intentional and not accidental, although the reason I do not know).

After a while of PKing, Kingdom and Kylin allied. The circumstances, I do not know. Most likely for PK (vs Crimson) and PvE support (to fill up parties with high lvls). Later on, due to an individual joust between the QQme core and Icon, KOS on Kingdom from QQme was declare. Again, exact circumstances I do not know.

At this point, Kylin (from an outside point of view at least) was crumbling and only had a few lands left. Kingdom, on the other hand was pretty dormant and PK between Kingdom and Crimson at least wasn't too large scale (at that time Kingdom had many, many ex-Crimson members who were not willing to PK against old friends). For reasons unknown to me, however, there was an ego-fest within the Crimson faction. Sheo and a few friends ragequitted. Shortly after, more left and MafiaPT was formed. While MafiaPT stayed close to Crimson due to the many friends in between, there were leadership disagreements. Crimson had lost a good number of core members and/or high levels at this point and was significantly weakened for the following TW vs Kylin, which lasted much longer than previous ones. In the meantime, Kingdom was slowly collecting ex-Crimsons and ex-Kylins. (For the next few things that follow, my memory's not to clear in terms of sequence, so things may be out of order.)

In came Ascii-rage. QQme was quite stirred up and while it was reformed, had lost many members. A very small handful came to Crimson, but a slightly larger handful went to Kingdom, who, with no-one attacking their lands and with Kingdom bullying away the lands of smaller factions (even after some had been promised that their land would not be taken away), could be considered stronger than Crimson at this point and, with a greater number of lands, much richer and better paying (people went over for the "free HH90!").Crimson vs Kylin TWs in the meanwhile, were becoming longer and longer and not so defined in victory (surprisingly, they were able to match our numbers in TW, although neither side had full 80s during these times).

In the meantime, many Crimson members were becoming bored with the server that, to them, was becoming more like PW-MS (not being a PW-MS player, I cannot attest to that). Many had moved to private servers and quite a few had stopped due to exams. A certain game had been announced and well publicized so many also lost interest as they awaited the release. PvP even with the KOSs had died down as members of all the factions started hiding in GV/HH/other instances (QQme was having fun alone in third past/etc.).

Kingdom, Kylin and a (bribed) third party (i.e. Wolfblade) began to systematically triple attack Crimson. The first week was a strategy fail - ~10 allocated to Wolfblade and the rest to Kylin. Poor communication + Friday TW resulted in a loss of all three TWs. With Crimson in a weakening state, there weren't enough active members to defend both Kingdom and Kylin, so every week Kingdom would receive a free land. In the meanwhile, Kylin vs Crimson TWs were stretched out longer and longer.

Eventually, Kylin was able to beat Crimson in TW. During roughly that time, QQme was officially disbanded by Antihero due to lack of anyone else willing to take the leadership role as Antihero left for personal reasons (many new small guilds were formed from this - OVER9000, Sense, etc.). Morale and incentive to keep lvling all around was down and things were boring. Every day I would be unable to find any Kingdom or Kylin anywhere I went even during World Quest as both factions had mastered GV at this point. More and more people in Crimson were switching over to the more PK-filled private servers. Don't remember exactly when this happened, but Barbapapa left to make his own little faction with his wife and passed on official leadership to Awwie (who was previously the shadow leader/decision maker/instigator anyway). There was loss of loyalty to the guild (i.e. loyalty from respect for Barba) but generally things just kept getting more boring and people slowly leaving to make their own factions or join small friend factions.

Somewhere in between here I left Crimson due to the proposal of a "safelist" which would essentially allow for RPK, combined with the KOS list which consisted of over 7 faction names, some of which were small and, in my opinion, pretty much represented a "KOS on anyone who dares annoying us" approach. Created Meister and tried to have solo-TW fun. Got banned for a week for "fake bidding". Got pissed and promised myself never to do that again and returned to Crimson after the KOS list had been cleaned down (although then it was still 4-faction long, i.e. 2 factions too many).

Over time, Crimson weakened and could no longer defend against Kylin (who was lvling more but, as far as I could see, not really getting much stronger). Kingdom was just enjoying the free ride and high lvls drifted to Kingdom for the free HH90 and 2 mil/week TW pay. Nei and many others "quit" in anticipation of a different game. Eventually, even Awwie shifted his interest and passed on leadership roles to _fURY_, who wasn't really active much anyway. I had stayed up til that point in trying to keep a PK-active faction alive in hope that the server would be non-carebear. Didn't really happen that way. Crimson lost its last land as usual. Kingdom had still not undertaken any big challenges up til that point (Icon had quit though and I don't know enough about RayVer to judge him, so this may change). Kylin was going much stronger than I had expected (I had expected it to fall before the MafiaPT breakoff). The rest of the server was dead with people leaving for another game.

Crimson did not fall due to external pressures but purely due to internal issues (i.e. conflicts of egos and lack of interest in the server resulting in inactive players - the day AsHeZ left for private servers was the day PvP died for me) nor was it because we couldn't take out QQme (Awwie chose to stop it before that happened, i.e. the last week of TW vs QQme). In the end I joined Kylin which I knew was anti-RPK, and I hope will one day KOS Kingdom. If not out of some conflict but at the least for the reason of making this carebear server interesting again.

~Desiree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Know nothing about the rest but I can reclarify/give a better, more truthful recap of the Crimson part:

While Crimson was rising in power and the strongest guild of the at-the-moment-fully-carebear server, funlolz et al. decided to try bringing in PK to the group as Pendulum. The actual story here is a bit unclear as I was not part of Crimson at the time, but from what I gathered, Nini lost her HH60 to a Pendulum (Ligeria?) during a PK fight. Because the weapon was not returned, Crimson declared KOS on Pendulum. After the pressure of KOS, many core members of Pendulum broke off and started QQme.

QQme was originally intended to be a small faction with the purpose of bringing in real PK to the server (through attacking the biggest and also a generally carebear faction, Crimson). Due to their individual victories (i.e. strong control as 9xs over grinding areas such as fishes and butterflies) and RPK nature of the faction, many members from all over joined QQme (Mercenary, LastStand, Eminence, some ex-Kylin, etc.) and QQme quickly became a large lvl 3 faction that was TW-capable.

After a few weeks of PK between QQme and Crimson, TW between the two started. The first fight, QQme was rolled due to lack of complete organization and a strong TW-oriented Crimson core. Later TWs became more interesting as members gained experience (and QQme quickly gained levels). In the meantime, however, Kingdom made a big decision - go pure PvE and avoid KOS with QQme. While this may have been related to the fact that Pendulum was Crimson's KOS while LastStand was Kingdom's, the fact that Kingdom broke off meant the Crimson-Kingdom alliance was over.

Close to when QQme's last land were to be attacked, Awwie et al. had a discussion with funlolz et al. and made a server-changing decision. Having come from a TW-dead server (i.e. PW-MS), Awwie pushed for more TW and forced PvP from the rest of the server (he did NOT want Crimson to just end up dominating the map and making the server boring and dead like how it currently is) so a "truce" was announced between Crimson and QQme.

This "truce" was not previously made public within either factions so it came pretty much to a surprise to both factions. I am not sure about the reaction within QQme, but the reaction within Crimson was mixed. Sheo et al. supported and wanted more PK in this carebear server and was willing to go ahead with the change, at the cost of having to ally with a previous RPK enemy. Radical members such as HistoryX and more were outraged at the monarchical decision and straight out left the faction (I personally would have left too at that point had I not been convinced ahead of time by Awwie that this would be for the good of the server, which I saw as being nothing but carebear and full of oracle Cash Shoppers). This "truce" (which later, in practicality became an "alliance") called for attack on non-PvP carebear factions in an attempt to force more TW/PvP onto the server. The logical target was the non-commital smaller faction Kylin, which had already historically been serving both sides of the fence in PvP support.

And so both QQme and Crimson declared KOS on Kylin. There was much PKing for a while and Kylin was significantly weakened. The opinion of the Crimson core at that time was that Kylin, a non-PK faction, had almost the same number of lands as the other powerhouses but did not do anything to deserve it (other than taking it away from much smaller factions such as Sin, etc.). So TW started with Crimson and QQme slowly chipping away at Kylin's land as Kylin got weaker under the KOS. While I had nothing against Kylin, a non-RPK faction, I disliked the general avoidance of PvP.

At one point or another, there were instances of Kingdom members randomly PKing Crimson members. Through the screenshot-keeping process, Icon was contacted directly and, in most cases, people were kicked from either faction. One day, a screenshot was posted of the damage log of a Crimson barb PKd by Icon while AFK. There was discussion between Crimson leaders (not sure exactly who, but pretty sure Awwie and Barbapapa) and Icon. There was flaming between the parties. There was likely large ego-fests. A KOS declaration followed. (It was later revealed through PMs from Icon to Awwie that the PK was intentional and not accidental, although the reason I do not know).

After a while of PKing, Kingdom and Kylin allied. The circumstances, I do not know. Most likely for PK (vs Crimson) and PvE support (to fill up parties with high lvls). Later on, due to an individual joust between the QQme core and Icon, KOS on Kingdom from QQme was declare. Again, exact circumstances I do not know.

At this point, Kylin (from an outside point of view at least) was crumbling and only had a few lands left. Kingdom, on the other hand was pretty dormant and PK between Kingdom and Crimson at least wasn't too large scale (at that time Kingdom had many, many ex-Crimson members who were not willing to PK against old friends). For reasons unknown to me, however, there was an ego-fest within the Crimson faction. Sheo and a few friends ragequitted. Shortly after, more left and MafiaPT was formed. While MafiaPT stayed close to Crimson due to the many friends in between, there were leadership disagreements. Crimson had lost a good number of core members and/or high levels at this point and was significantly weakened for the following TW vs Kylin, which lasted much longer than previous ones. In the meantime, Kingdom was slowly collecting ex-Crimsons and ex-Kylins. (For the next few things that follow, my memory's not to clear in terms of sequence, so things may be out of order.)

In came Ascii-rage. QQme was quite stirred up and while it was reformed, had lost many members. A very small handful came to Crimson, but a slightly larger handful went to Kingdom, who, with no-one attacking their lands and with Kingdom bullying away the lands of smaller factions (even after some had been promised that their land would not be taken away), could be considered stronger than Crimson at this point and, with a greater number of lands, much richer and better paying (people went over for the "free HH90!").Crimson vs Kylin TWs in the meanwhile, were becoming longer and longer and not so defined in victory (surprisingly, they were able to match our numbers in TW, although neither side had full 80s during these times).

In the meantime, many Crimson members were becoming bored with the server that, to them, was becoming more like PW-MS (not being a PW-MS player, I cannot attest to that). Many had moved to private servers and quite a few had stopped due to exams. A certain game had been announced and well publicized so many also lost interest as they awaited the release. PvP even with the KOSs had died down as members of all the factions started hiding in GV/HH/other instances (QQme was having fun alone in third past/etc.).

Kingdom, Kylin and a (bribed) third party (i.e. Wolfblade) began to systematically triple attack Crimson. The first week was a strategy fail - ~10 allocated to Wolfblade and the rest to Kylin. Poor communication + Friday TW resulted in a loss of all three TWs. With Crimson in a weakening state, there weren't enough active members to defend both Kingdom and Kylin, so every week Kingdom would receive a free land. In the meanwhile, Kylin vs Crimson TWs were stretched out longer and longer.

Eventually, Kylin was able to beat Crimson in TW. During roughly that time, QQme was officially disbanded by Antihero due to lack of anyone else willing to take the leadership role as Antihero left for personal reasons. Morale and incentive to keep lvling all around was down and things were boring. Every day I would be unable to find any Kingdom or Kylin anywhere I went even during World Quest as both factions had mastered GV at this point. More and more people in Crimson were switching over to the more PK-filled private servers. Don't remember exactly when this happened, but Barbapapa left to make his own little faction with his wife and passed on official leadership to Awwie (who was previously the shadow leader/decision maker/instigator anyway). There was loss of loyalty to the guild (i.e. loyalty from respect for Barba) but generally things just kept getting more boring and people slowly leaving to make their own factions or join small friend factions.

Somewhere in between here I left Crimson due to the proposal of a "safelist" which would essentially allow for RPK, combined with the KOS list which consisted of over 7 faction names, some of which were small and, in my opinion, pretty much represented a "KOS on anyone who dares annoying us" approach. Created Meister and tried to have solo-TW fun. Got banned for a week for "fake bidding". Got pissed and promised myself never to do that again and returned to Crimson after the KOS list had been cleaned down (although then it was still 4-faction long, i.e. 2 factions too many).

Over time, Crimson weakened and could no longer defend against Kylin (who was lvling more but, as far as I could see, not really getting much stronger). Kingdom was just enjoying the free ride and high lvls drifted to Kingdom for the free HH90 and 2 mil/week TW pay. Nei and many others "quit" in anticipation of a different game. Eventually, even Awwie shifted his interest and passed on leadership roles to _fURY_, who wasn't really active much anyway. I had stayed up til that point in trying to keep a PK-active faction alive in hope that the server would be non-carebear. Didn't really happen that way. Crimson lost its last land as usual. Kingdom had still not undertaken any big challenges up til that point (Icon had quit though and I don't know enough about RayVer to judge him, so this may change). Kylin was going much stronger than I had expected (I had expected it to fall before the MafiaPT breakoff). The rest of the server was dead with people leaving for another game.

Crimson did not fall due to external pressures but purely due to internal issues (i.e. conflicts of egos and lack of interest in the server resulting in inactive players - the day AsHeZ left for private servers was the day PvP died for me). In the end I joined Kylin which I knew was anti-RPK, and I hope will one day KOS Kingdom. If not out of some conflict but at the least for the reason of making this carebear server interesting again.

~Desiree

Thanks for the story. I didn't bother reading 1 sentence. ;( b:surrender
  • Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've had a lot of respect for Kylin over the span of this server. I made a lot of friends in that guild, and overall I think they worked the hardest out of any other guild to be where are they are right now.

But please, can we get Nurfed, Ultimate, Ligeia, or someone on here to give a more accurate account of Pend/QQme's story, people here are waaaay off..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    But please, can we get Nurfed, Ultimate, Ligeia, or someone on here to give a more accurate account of Pend/QQme's story, people here are waaaay off..

It shall forever be locked in a box for no one to read.
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've just read Desiree's first paragraph and already the rumors are almost as bad as the low level factions gossiping over QQme and saying TimMagicstrg was the leader of QQme.

YuKii lost his HH60 to Devoted(Iffy gets credit for killing Yukii lol). Devoted(Kiwi) was told Crimson would KOS any faction he joined until he returns the weapon. The group originally known as Rule34(Which turned out to be a failure due to many people who signed up pre server start never showing up) joined Mercenary. Crimson had a talk with Asperity(Merc. leader) and asked him to talk to Kiwi and give it back, Asperity didn't want to cause drama for his members and he did try to ask Kiwi to give the weapon back. Outraged at the lack of ability to stand up to Crimson the R34 bunch left Mercenary and thus Pendulum was born.

Pendulum was about 10-15 members at most. It was never "shattered" or "pressured" to break off despite being KOSed by Kingdom, LastStand, and Crimson. We PKed together and we grind together. Funlolz and his friends came later. They weren't interested in anything except being able to zhen without KOS to the level they wanted to.

When QQme was started by Funlolz, he asked Pendulum to join for a week to help out with TW. That was the original plan. After staying for a week we liked it there and decided to keep it that way since we had a bigger chance to expand than Pendulum did.

*continues reading the rest of Desiree's post*
    60 / 250.
  • Paigrande - Dreamweaver
    Paigrande - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Eventually, Kylin was able to beat Crimson in TW. During roughly that time, QQme was officially disbanded by Antihero due to lack of anyone else willing to take the leadership role as Antihero left for personal reasons (many new small guilds were formed from this - OVER9000, Sense, etc.). Morale and incentive to keep lvling all around was down and things were boring. Every day I would be unable to find any Kingdom or Kylin anywhere I went even during World Quest as both factions had mastered GV at this point. More and more people in Crimson were switching over to the more PK-filled private servers. Don't remember exactly when this happened, but Barbapapa left to make his own little faction with his wife and passed on official leadership to Awwie (who was previously the shadow leader/decision maker/instigator anyway). There was loss of loyalty to the guild (i.e. loyalty from respect for Barba) but generally things just kept getting more boring and people slowly leaving to make their own factions or join small friend factions.

Crimson did not fall due to external pressures but purely due to internal issues (i.e. conflicts of egos and lack of interest in the server resulting in inactive players - the day AsHeZ left for private servers was the day PvP died for me) nor was it because we couldn't take out QQme (Awwie chose to stop it before that happened, i.e. the last week of TW vs QQme). In the end I joined Kylin which I knew was anti-RPK, and I hope will one day KOS Kingdom. If not out of some conflict but at the least for the reason of making this carebear server interesting again.

~Desiree

hmm, Wow u like to write. *keeps reading*
  • MD - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've had a lot of respect for Kylin over the span of this server. I made a lot of friends in that guild, and overall I think they worked the hardest out of any other guild to be where are they are right now.

I will start some secret. Over 7 factor guilds' leaders log on BloodCult's vent and talk about how can they prevent Crimson from being number one guild without any pk war.

Somehow, we found out "funlolz,suwaki and their little small group" wanted to use "us" to kill crimson then backstab us. So we decided not to help them at all;therefore, they created a rpk guild which was QQme(90% of botter, I know every guild had botters, but not as many as QQme, so stop qqing)

One day I log in, everything changed. I had no fking clue why QQme turn KOS on us with crimson when "funlolz" asked us to atk crimson with them. Their reasons were "we want more pk, kylin never pk". I was like wtf? so Crimson pk more than we did? story end
  • MD - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've just read Desiree's first paragraph and already the rumors are almost as bad as the low level factions gossiping over QQme and saying TimMagicstrg was the leader of QQme.

YuKii lost his HH60 to Devoted. Devoted(Kiwi) was told Crimson would KOS any faction he joined until he returns the weapon. The group originally known as Rule34(Which turned out to be a failure due to many people who signed up pre server start never showing up) joined Mercenary. Crimson had a talk with Asperity(Merc. leader) and asked him to talk to Kiwi and give it back, Asperity didn't want to cause drama for his members and he did try to ask Kiwi to give the weapon back. Outraged at the lack of ability to stand up to Crimson the R34 bunch left Mercenary and thus Pendulum was born.

Pendulum was about 10-15 members at most. It was never "shattered" or "pressured" to break off despite being KOSed by Kingdom, LastStand, and Crimson. We PKed together and we grinded together. Funlolz and his friends came later. They weren't interested in anything except being able to zhen without KOS to the level they wanted to.

When QQme was started by Funlolz, he asked Pendulum to join for a week to help out with TW. That was the original plan. After staying for a week we liked it there and decided to keep it that way since we had a bigger chance to expand than Pendulum did.

*continues reading the rest of Desiree's post*

the biggest reason QQme was formed because Kingdom and Kylin didnt want to help BloodCult(Funlolz and Suwaki's small botting group) to attack Crimson. Many leaders were on their vent~

yet you guy had no clue why funlolz made it...fail

PS. i guess no one know this part because it was a secret lol
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Desiree i read all ur post and u lack some infob:surrender
    Crimson joined with QQme not to bring PvP but to get lands.
    You said it yourself
    had almost the same number of lands as the other powerhouses but did not do anything to deserve it
    They decided to take weakest link to get lands and fund their guilds, not to give more PvP to the server.

We know, Kylin had that "bridge" between. Well was not hard to break the weaker points and get to KD land. Instead the destruction of Kylin plan keeped going which reveals the lack of ethics or in a more street way "balls" of Barbapapa and Antihero.

The KD+KK alliance was ofc an obvious move.. We had 4 power houses at that point and would be stupid to be 2 vs 1 while 1 was doing nothing or if Icon was an idiot a 3 vs 1 situation. Also to the peeps that QQ about this alliance atm let me remind you that players like Awwie,angeRR, Ligeia etc etc came to this forum and said numerous times " Stop QQing, ally with KD" and so they did.

I believe on
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

YuKii lost his HH60 to Devoted. Devoted(Kiwi) was told Crimson would KOS any faction he joined until he returns the weapon. The group originally known as Rule34(Which turned out to be a failure due to many people who signed up pre server start never showing up) joined Mercenary. Crimson had a talk with Asperity(Merc. leader) and asked him to talk to Kiwi and give it back, Asperity didn't want to cause drama for his members and he did try to ask Kiwi to give the weapon back. Outraged at the lack of ability to stand up to Crimson the R34 bunch left Mercenary and thus Pendulum was born.

Knew I got names mixed up. Hard remembering something I didn't know much about nor participated in. Separating facts from rumours is hard b:surrender
    I will start some secret. Over 7 factor guilds' leaders log on BloodCult's vent and talk about how can they prevent Crimson from being number one guild without any pk war.
    I had heard things about BloodCult but after asking a friend in the faction, I had dismissed them as rumours. Looks like they weren't O_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I took most of cata in TW under 10secb:shocked

not really, our first push killed both your C Gate towers, both inside towers and crystal HQ to 50%, Zin was in there so long we managed to push again, get the catas back into kylin base and he was still there lol xD

also AHHHHH MY EYES I R BLIND, this had to be the biggest single post of text in any forum of all time O_O

~Desiree