How will/do you react if you died?

Comments

• Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Wow, this is suprising, in all MMORPGs I've played, most people will go crazy or rage if their character died.

PWI really has an awesome community. b:victory

The community are really helpful too, usually I have to ask countless times for help in other MMORPGs, but in here, once or a few times is enough lol.

The bigget rage I ever had over dying was another game when the system had perma kill and everyone started using it with disposible characters to kill off rivals. 6 months of game play almost gone (only lost half my total XP), all my cash (no cash storage), and everything I had on me and not in the item bank or house.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I ragequit.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Miseri - Dreamweaver
    Miseri - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Gosh as an AR mage Ive gotten so used to dieing when I alone, that it almost doesnt even register on me , I just kinda go "Died" in Faction chat, rez in town and go back to what i was doing before... Kinda sad when you think about it XD...
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Generally like this...

3c68bb64.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    Kylley - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Most of the time...i LOL XD

But sometimes i get angry a little, it depends on my moodb:cute

The time i got the most angry was when Chin attacked me without me noticing cause i was attacking another mob and it came from behind. I hate Chin for thatb:angry

b:chuckle
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
    Rayder, Sharptooth Wolfling: main pet
    Lyro, Guardian Wolf: magic tank, dder
    Kowlin: lurer
    Flameche, Blazing Pheonix
    BigBro, Crystalline Magmite: tanker (Yes i finally have a magmite, my bro gave me his cause he got a Walker b:surrender )
  • SpankShot - Sanctuary
    SpankShot - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Word for Word.....
    this is what i say.
    "AH ****"
    *types in faction chat* "umm guys... im kinda dead. i need a res"
    I Never Mean to Steal Aggro,
    Im an archer... its in my DNA. its just... what i do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Last time I died was today about two hours ago. I tried to solo Jewelscalen without a pet. He went OM NOM NOM! And I was a very dead Fox. I lolled, told the people I was partied with, "Nope. Can't do Jewel. Get me a Barb, and we'll have no problem." Then I went to town.

Ah the memories, been there, not with jewel, but other bosses b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
  • Akie_Sano - Sanctuary
    Akie_Sano - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I laugh.....
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I get more annoyed when other people die....especially people that hear often in guild chat "Can I get a ress?" and I fly across the map to ress them...they seem to think that I'll do that for everyone, even people under 30. b:surrender

I don't die often (self heal ftw) but when I do, I kind of stare at the screen, and then sigh and port to town...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Wow, this is suprising, in all MMORPGs I've played, most people will go crazy or rage if their character died.

PWI really has an awesome community. b:victory

The community are really helpful too, usually I have to ask countless times for help in other MMORPGs, but in here, once or a few times is enough lol.

Ah come on ^^ 90% of us are lying here. You're not exactly going to say infront of the entire gaming community "why yes, when I die, I usually throw a hissy fit like a baby, QQ and curse and swear a lot, blame everyone in sight, then ragequit for a few hours", are you?

Tbh, with me it usually depends on how much sleep I have. Well rested and with friends I take it with a laugh, soloing after a nights no sleep I can be pretty scary... b:chuckle
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ah come on ^^ 90% of us are lying here. You're not exactly going to say infront of the entire gaming community "why yes, when I die, I usually throw a hissy fit like a baby, QQ and curse and swear a lot, blame everyone in sight, then ragequit for a few hours", are you?

I think the biggest offenders of being so concerned about dieing are probably to busy playing to even be on the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I never die now(not this account ): ) but its funny when others do,especially when its a female toon that gets koed and gives out a little sigh as they topple over....absolutely hilarious.

Oh and barbs in tiger form as they fall flat onto their side,always worth a hearty laugh.
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It depends on how I died.

If I went AFK and got pked then I would be mad for not going to town. If it was someone else's fault say like in a TT at the snake I would be mad. That has happened =(. But if I die by a monster I would just be like whatever and get a cleric >.> or use scroll and stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    "How will/do you react if your character died?"
    Me: Oops. *ports back to town *
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • shlomo2
    shlomo2 Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'd haunt the killer!!!
    I'm King_Solomon, from Heaven's Tear server.

If you're willing to join another online game, do NOT join any game hosted by K2 NETWORK. Wanna know why? See BBB complaints.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I couldn't care less, it's just exp, at worst I lose 30 minutes of time... and since death is only the byproduct of playing poorly rather than some random occurrence, it's avoidable in every situation. Take it as a learning experience and move on.

Oh, and I take far more go to towns than I take resurrects. A game is meant to be played for fun, not for laying around shouting for a res.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    PK death: Rage and become a total QQbear.

Mob death;
    With a certain suicidal archer friend: Blame it on her.
    With random squad: Blame it on them.
    With friends: Try to laugh, and conceal my liquid rage.
    Alone: Yell obscenities at the mob and generally be too distracted to res.

I'm a very angry person. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8pR1rZZHEs

... I jest, of course.

Sad thing is I bet some people actually have reactions like that.

i allways imagine that whats miss_tika and deadbone look and act like.maybe it is themb:quiet
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Worse thing that would happen if I die is that I'd have to go through the trouble of finding more angels and my charm would tick. Being a perfectionist, I just don't like it when my charm ticks just because it's no longer even (I don't expect people to understand that, but....anyways..). Other than that, I don't really care much anymore. I used to go all ragequit and stuff but not anymore. o.o

Of course, I do get a bit mad when I get disconnected and somehow I stay logged on and either my pet dies, I die, or my charm ticks....now THAT pisses me off
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Edit: Sorry for the misleading title, I meant was;
    "How will/do you react if your character died?"

As for me, I usually get shocked for a split-second, get annoyed for a few seconds and then go back being normal.

I think you meant How Well/do you react if you charactor died.Nothing really depending on how.I usually hate expensive equipment repairs more so.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think you meant How Well/do you react if you charactor died.Nothing really depending on how.I usually hate expensive equipment repairs more so.

I think he meant "will"...as in "How will you react if your character dies" or "How do you react if your character dies".

Semantics b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I see it now my apologies to the OP.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Die? b:question
    What's this 'death' thing you speak of?
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Die? b:question
    What's this 'death' thing you speak of?

It's what happens when your charm suddenly runs out in tanking Polearm and your cleric is lagging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    It's what happens when your charm suddenly runs out in tanking Polearm and your cleric is lagging.

Screenshot or it never happened. b:avoid
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You've died once, whether you want to admit it or not. You had to for your 39 cultivation, remember? Either that, or you're running around with only 15% of your skills. b:chuckle
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    b:quiet Shhh. I am invincible. b:chuckle
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    To mobs : I don't die to mobs but maybe to some bosses yes ,so I say something like "****,how can it do so much dmg !?!?!"'

To players :

-If it's a fair fight I'll just say "GG" and go back to town right away.
    -If it's a gang from some1 I never excepted to do it ,I'll say "o.O ,interesting" and back to town right away.
    -If it's from a massive use of 2 spark moves like 4-5 59 ults,I'll say "lawl,all this for just 1 squishi wiz ?" and go back to town right away.
    - If it's in a middle of a big pk fest and the other side suddenly brings more players I'll say " Now I feel motivated."
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Blame the clericb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Blame the clericb:victory

Oi...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]