What's up with some people?

2»

Comments

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    veno has a long cast time for sme of their spells, I get KS'd alot actually..

haha, oh my. That 4sec total on Lucky Scarab is a killer, huh?

Your pet will be on most any mob you're attacking, so it's not really a matter of cast time for venos.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Why do so many think random carry invites are just for chi? It's almost like you guys are trying to display knowledge you think the thread opener doesn't know instead of giving a reasonable answer.
    In my experience, people have always asked verbally or said "chi" before asking to embrace. The other times random females have asked to embrace me, they showed signs of hitting on me after that (random kissing, etc). So why do you think a random invite to embrace is so often for chi only? Maybe I just havent gotten enough invites for a large sample size, but I don't think that's the primary reason everyone's making it to be. Not to mention that reason would be rude in the first place.

I barely ever get embrace invites, and when they do they're always for chi. They might not even say it until I ask. Maybe it's because at lower levels they wouldn't embrace for chi, but at higher levels the character care less about flirting with everyone and more about having the ability to do their best skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    The thing about guys hitting on girl chars, yeah I do it fairly often but it's generally just flirting, I don't mean anything by it. I do it in real life too, why not in an MMORPG?

But most embrace invites are for chi, I hate spamming MD every 5 seconds
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    When I want Chi in city I always massacre chicken. So I'm not really sure why people would want to embrace just for Chi, I find it embarassing because whoever embrace me are free to kiss me without resistence. But I think random embrace only happen in Archesaur and beyond, I never got it in the starter area. That is when people get their first Spark so perhap they embrace for Chi after all.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Because killing chickens is a waste of time to get 299 chi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I sense much potential for a troll in you Illina. There are a few tips you should take into consideration if you want to become successful though.

1) Less (or more) anger. You seem to be caught between simple indignation and absolute fury. Choose one or the other but don't hop between the two.

2) Use parentheses more often (they make everything more trollish).

3) Grovel before those who agree with your opinion and needlessly flame those who offer criticism (from what I've seen, you're quite good at the latter).

4) Use more smilies. They're the little bear faces to the right of where you type in your comments.b:bye You can only use (at most) 4 in one post and any smilies in posts that you quoted other people on will count towards that. Choose wisely.b:victory

Now that that's out of the way, I'd like to address some of your rants.
    1) People who keep hitting on me or ask to carry me. What the hell guys? I'm not interested in pursuing any kind of relationship online so just back off. Besides, how do you know that I'm not some middle aged bald guy in real life? It's gotten so bad that I've been telling anyone who hits on me that I'm a guy.
    I'll let you in on a little secret. All guys have one thing on their minds at all times, ****. Melons, jugs, ****, titties, soft mounds of flesh that you can't help but- *cough* Well, you get the point. Anyone who says otherwise is lying (especially those "nice guys"). Once we see something with two over-sized waterballoons stuck to their chests then all we can think about is taking our hands and oh-so-gently cupping ea- DAMMIT!
    2) The player shops in West Archosaur. I have no problems with the lag, it's annoying but not unexpected. What pisses me off are the people who are buying something for 200 coins and at the same time selling the same item for 4000 coins. I don't mind paying for something if I really need it but I refuse to feed such obvious greed. I'd much rather buy from someone buying and selling for a reasonable difference even if I do end up paying a bit more in the end.
    Greed sucks, I've gotten by just fine getting help from friends and faction so you don't really need to buy and sell from those greedy people. I don't suggest buying from someone selling for a higher price even if they have closer buying/selling prices though. Save your money.

3) People who steal my kills. I know there's a few other topics on this but I might as well add this in here. Yes, I know that the ranged classes have longer channeling times that I do. I have one of each class at or slightly below my level so I know how 'long' the channeling times are. I check around to make sure that no one else is targeting the monster I'm about to attack so it pisses me off when someone comes in and starts attacking when I already did most of the work.
    I recently had to do a quest to kill wolves, centipedes, and rhinos. There was a one hour time limit on it which should have been more than enough. Because of jackasses deciding to use me as a meat shield and refusing to accept my squad invites, I failed. Twice.
    KSing sucks. Not much you can do about it unless you're on a PvP server (that wouldn't help in your case as you still need to be level 30 or higher) or if the person happens to be in PK mode (they'll have a name that's not blue). I'd recommend that you enter PK mode once you reach level 30 and hang around Secret Passage (lot's of nice people will give you free stuff if you do).
    4) This doesn't really affect me in any way but it bothers me. I like to check out the equipment of higher level players to see what I should be using once I get to their level. Most people have nice stuff, glowing weapons and green/yellow/blue armor.
    Every now and then I'll see someone on one of those giant rides that takes up half the screen and some clothes that I really like so I check what equipment they have. One person had a weapon for level 40, rings for level 20, and armor that ranged from 30 to 70. All fluff with absolutely no substance.
    What's the point of wasting your time getting to level 70 just to walk around looking nice? I know it's just a game but isn't the point of a game to have fun? I doubt that those kind of people have much fun standing in the same spot in West Archosaur for hours.
    Are you talking about me? Um, my weapon has a level 60 requirement. I admit that some of my other equipment isn't exactly the most current one I can equip (Perfect Insignia ftw!) but I'm doing well enough. By the way, I don't have a mount. All my money goes into buying pretty clothes for my veno (she needs her pretties). And most of the time I'm standing in one spot I'm either talking to friends/faction or I'm afk doing something else (which may or may not be fun).

Also, you checked what I'm wearing without my permission? I feel so exposed.
    b:sad
    If you happened to take anything in my post seriously then I'd suggest you take a little break from PW. Nothing's going to change because of that but it'll give you some time to cool off. You'll get some time to calm down and when you return then you'll know what to expect.

Off-topic but I saw you pass by and I'm wondering if you believe in love at first sight.b:dirty
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    GURL I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT YOU PIXELS IS RIDICULUS

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What pisses me off are the people who are buying something for 200 coins and at the same time selling the same item for 4000 coins. I don't mind paying for something if I really need it but I refuse to feed such obvious greed.
    Perhaps they know something you don't? I used to laugh at people like this, thinking nobody would ever pay such prices, but I've since learned that people often DO pay those prices. However, instead of complaining about them (or calling for GM regulation or rules changes like some people on the forums have been known to do) why not compete with them? You can use their greed against them and earn a profit doing so.

Generally speaking, if you offer reasonable buy/sell prices, you'll earn more profit than people with excessive ones because so many people will want to buy/sell from you. I generally find 20% margins are usually lower than most competitors are willing to go, because they're greedy, yet ironically 20% margins seem often to be near the sweet spot where sales-volume * profit-per-unit are balanced just right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have a shop blacklist. Anyone who buys and sells the same thing at the same time gets put on it. Anyone who scams gets put on it. I've shared it with my friends and they share it with theirs. None of us will ever buy from any player who does that.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • KeranoWasEmo - Harshlands
    KeranoWasEmo - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'll let you in on a little secret. All guys have one thing on their minds at all times, ****. Melons, jugs, ****, titties, soft mounds of flesh that you can't help but- *cough* Well, you get the point. Anyone who says otherwise is lying (especially those "nice guys"). Once we see something with two over-sized waterballoons stuck to their chests then all we can think about is taking our hands and oh-so-gently cupping ea- DAMMIT!

How dare you accuse us nice guys of that. We would never, ever, EVER, think like that. Ladies you can trust us nice guys. We are harmless.b:cute
    He he he! It works everytime! >:-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--Little siggy.b:pleased
    Server: Harshlands (PvP)
    Started: 9-11-2009
    Class: Cleric (hybrid-vit. build)
    Pet: Emoticon (antelope)
    Kills (Pk only): 0
    Death (Pk only): 0
    Ladies embraced b:pleased: 0
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    How dare you accuse us nice guys of that. We would never, ever, EVER, think like that. Ladies you can trust us nice guys. We are harmless.b:cute
    He he he! It works everytime! >:-)

Don't deny it. I'm a "nice guy" (*cough*liar*cough*) and I know that once I set my eyes on two orbs o-

[PWE has removed the rest of user Ikurei's post as it was too ****ing creepy. We would like to sincerely apologize for only recently taking action against user Ikurei. User Ikurei is currently awaiting punishment as we do not believe a simple ban is enough. We thank you for your patience and understanding.]

Edit: Why hello there PWE. Lookin' good today.b:dirty
    For those of you who thought that was real...a facepalm is not enough.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • KeranoWasEmo - Harshlands
    KeranoWasEmo - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    User Ikurei is currently awaiting punishment as we do not believe a simple ban is enough.

*polishes bat* Wayyy ahead...
    That's what you get for blowing my cover as a nice guy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--Little siggy.b:pleased
    Server: Harshlands (PvP)
    Started: 9-11-2009
    Class: Cleric (hybrid-vit. build)
    Pet: Emoticon (antelope)
    Kills (Pk only): 0
    Death (Pk only): 0
    Ladies embraced b:pleased: 0
  • Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary
    Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have a shop blacklist. Anyone who buys and sells the same thing at the same time gets put on it. Anyone who scams gets put on it. I've shared it with my friends and they share it with theirs. None of us will ever buy from any player who does that.

So, how do you know who is who in the game? Do you have spy cams? Do you keep tabs on every player? There are plenty of people out there with two or more accounts and one shop on one account will be buying the item while their other shop on their other account is selling the item. All you need are two computers. (Or 500 coins and a bit of patience to mail each stack of goods.)
  • FoxWick - Dreamweaver
    FoxWick - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You want to complain about people?

Someone with 800m told me to buy him two items. He said he'd pay me back.

He was my friend and since he had 800m, I thought he wouldn't scam me.

I was wrong. I mailed him two diamonds of dragon and he never paid me back.

Someone in my faction got 150m from 40 anniversary packs.

When we ask him to share some of it (mostly as a joke), he calls us all noobs and says we're all begging. He goes on to insult us more.

Money corrupts.
  • Abby_Sciuto - Sanctuary
    Abby_Sciuto - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This is just another newbie rant but there's some things in this game that bother me.

1) People who keep hitting on me or ask to carry me. What the hell guys? I'm not interested in pursuing any kind of relationship online so just back off. Besides, how do you know that I'm not some middle aged bald guy in real life? It's gotten so bad that I've been telling anyone who hits on me that I'm a guy.

Answer: Taser gun or pepper spray. Or poison b:chuckle.
  • Parvati - Dreamweaver
    Parvati - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2009

3) People who steal my kills. I know there's a few other topics on this but I might as well add this in here. Yes, I know that the ranged classes have longer channeling times that I do. I have one of each class at or slightly below my level so I know how 'long' the channeling times are. I check around to make sure that no one else is targeting the monster I'm about to attack so it pisses me off when someone comes in and starts attacking when I already did most of the work.
    I recently had to do a quest to kill wolves, centipedes, and rhinos. There was a one hour time limit on it which should have been more than enough. Because of jackasses deciding to use me as a meat shield and refusing to accept my squad invites, I failed. Twice.

As for point #1, that only happened for me once, err, a random carry that is. Someone mentioned it's for chi, but when I need chi, I use my skills on some monsters/whatever-it-is or I buff myself and/or other people, it's not like I go and ask random people if I can carry them (well, not cause that's possible). Although, a person in my faction carry me around a lot, I don't really mind that, but random people would just be creepy.

And for point #2, well, I scratched that since I don't buy stuff there yet.

#3 That is VERY annoying. I have experience in people inviting me to squads, probably done some killing before me, then use me to complete all, lets say 30 kills, then they just leave, no "Hi, want to team up?" no "OK, I'm done now, is it OK if I leave?" they just squad me up, and then leave when they're done. I HATE that. I've stopped accepting squad invites from people who don't have the guts to walk up and say "Hi, wanna do this together?" first.
  • lily43
    lily43 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    1. There's no need to get so worked up. Either just ignore them or say no thanks and walk away. You don't have to accept the requests to embrace right?

2. Those that put "buy 200 sell 4000" are obviously looking for people stupid enough to patronise that shop and be glad that you aren't one of them. IMO the buying prices are so much beneath market price that nobody will ever sell to them so they're just wasting time. As for buying...well just like in the real world do your homework or be charged extra.

3. I hate KSers too. But a nice solution I've found is to form a squad with someone you know. Not only you do your quest quickly it's also less likely to get ksed.

4. I've been guilty of afking at a place for hours either cos I was too sleepy to log out or I'm chatting with my guildiess or friends. And as you get higher the inclination to grind on mobs gets less and less esp when you get "kill 80 mobs" quests. As for having low level equipment, not all people have the money to be fully decked in the best their level can offer. And once you invest glowy gems in your equipment it might be hard to part with them cos of the bonuses they give.
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    about 4)
    do not wonder if you see venos with low lvl gears or wep, or with no gears and wep at all. not every class need to have best gear to grind. i don't think that wasting money on gears they don't rly need means enjoying game.
    and going afk does NOT mean that we are showing off out gears/mounts/fashion etc. i will not turn game/pc off only because i need to go to shop, if i leave catshop at night then when all my **** will be sold my char will just stand there in city and i will not wake up every couple hours to check my shop at night so i log off when everything is sold and not show off my fashion