Just Curious How Much Money Have you Spent on Anni Packs?

Options

Comments

• Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver
    Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i wish Dragoonz would post in this thread, LOL.

LOL he got like 50 duke shouts in 15 minutes then after TW more duke shouts >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Then you did profit eh?
    yeah kinda, was a bit risky though, i was nearing my limit to stop before i got my 2nd best token :P

a friend spent his whole savings (he wouldn't tell me how much) to get about 80 boxes, he got ONE best of luck token and.... he traded it in for a perfect sapphire shard XD
  • Ryo_Hazuki - Lost City
    Ryo_Hazuki - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You people are IDIOTS.
    Owner of MadAngels Lost City Faction.
    MadAngels Forum at sonictheplumber.com/forum
  • Opaline - Dreamweaver
    Opaline - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You people are IDIOTS.

Yup, those devs are smart.
    They know how to get lottery ticket loving Americans to buy their imaginary ****.

Btw, I've spent $20 so far, lol. ****.
  • Bunella - Harshlands
    Bunella - Harshlands Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You people are IDIOTS.

And why is that? IF we feel like spending our own money on something we enjoy doing, who are you to call anyone an idiot?

I have a real life job, a real life house and don't live in Mom's basement. I proudly spent about 20 rl money for packs and sold them for enough for my daughter and I to both buy anything in-game we want.

I have spent much more than that since we started, but why not? We enjoy this game and cs items make it easier (crafting supplies and such and my daughter has a dragon to fly on) I enjoy crafting items for friends, and this cuts down the hours collecting.

Before making this kind of a comment, consider that it is our money to spend and you have no right to judge. Have a good day ANYWAY.

bunella
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You people are IDIOTS.

Ppl calling other ppl idiots for spending their money as they enjoy, are propably just jealous not being able to do the same thing b:bye

All players that are able to play the game WITHOUT paying anything, are able to do so thanx to the players that actually pay.
    So, you should propably thank those "idiots" for making this game free to play for you. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You people are IDIOTS.

omg troll, they pay so you can play for free.. quit your QQ'ing
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    $0 about 60 packs (got nothing interesting just normal luck tokens 1125 of them)
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    guess i got lucky,

around used my only 3.7m liquid fund to get 10 tokens, got 2 token of best luck.
    used the remaining to get 30 packs and got a scroll of tome on my last pack. :)
  • Gingerfoxx - Heavens Tear
    Gingerfoxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Nothing.. <.<
  • RawVeno - Sanctuary
    RawVeno - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I havent bought any, and i havent bought gold since it went up over 120k on sanct. i just realized that if i buy more gold with $$ i might aswell play a p2p game with more content.
  • Gammaburst - Harshlands
    Gammaburst - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm very hesitant to gamble on anything in which i don't know the odds. That being the case i spent $0.

I didn't study this event too much, so it possible i missed it. Was there a list of the odds of getting each item listed anywhere?

Hell i don't even know what a token of luck or best luck does, so it's pretty easy for me to keep my wallet in my pocket on this event.

BTW, if i want to gamble i'll go play Texas Hold'em on a online video poker site. When i play PWI i want relax and play a video game not gamble. Yes, i know there is many luck aspects and random number generators to MMORPG's but in this case it is so blatantly and directly linked to your money.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    $0 and proud of it! b:victory
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm very hesitant to gamble on anything in which i don't know the odds. That being the case i spent $0.

I didn't study this event too much, so it possible i missed it. Was there a list of the odds of getting each item listed anywhere?

Hell i don't even know what a token of luck or best luck does, so it's pretty easy for me to keep my wallet in my pocket on this event.

BTW, if i want to gamble i'll go play Texas Hold'em on a online video poker site. When i play PWI i want relax and play a video game not gamble. Yes, i know there is many luck aspects and random number generators to MMORPG's but in this case it is so blatantly and directly linked to your money.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/18412

i notice the token of luck/best luck aren't mentioned. probably(estimate based on what my friend gained from 5 boxes): 67%-75% chance for the token of luck, and 10-25% chance for the best luck. the 4th she opened had a best luck, but the other 4 were normal luck tokens.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Nope. They changed the drops from whats listed in the database. It seems like around 97% or so for luck, 2% best luck, 1% for all the rest (at various rates).
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If you add up the odds on those other packs of getting all the items you can trade in luck tokens for, you get 98%. Brael's estimate of 97% may be slightly more accurate, but it's certainly very very close to a 100% chance.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    800 -_- tryin to get those wings might as welll buy em with the money from it now tho YAY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think I finally hit $100, didn't get anything too great, a lob, 3 or 4 bests, rest regs. The upside? Lots of oracles. The down side? 1) Didn't get what I wanted. 2) Oracle lines. Will I spend more? Probably pop another $100-$150 more, just because its addicting, and there are three or four things I really want (scroll of tome, wing trophy: lunar glade, and frost and/or lunar weapon) If I don't get em, meh, I'll pray for enough cash to at least get a lunar weapon or something (Deicide ftw b:victory)
    I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Even with my ****ty luck, I've decided to throw another $20 once I get my gold tomorrow.
    Belligero
  • BordoRose - Sanctuary
    BordoRose - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think I finally hit $100, didn't get anything too great, a lob, 3 or 4 bests, rest regs. The upside? Lots of oracles. The down side? 1) Didn't get what I wanted. 2) Oracle lines. Will I spend more? Probably pop another $100-$150 more, just because its addicting, and there are three or four things I really want (scroll of tome, wing trophy: lunar glade, and frost and/or lunar weapon) If I don't get em, meh, I'll pray for enough cash to at least get a lunar weapon or something (Deicide ftw b:victory)

So I wish you luck ;) I wish luck for everyone who like PWI!
    Ekhm.. me 0$ but soon will get about 20 or 40 $ and buy that box (hope ll get best luck or scroll tome >< )
  • Kismet - Harshlands
    Kismet - Harshlands Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have spent $0, and have not bought any anniversary packs. I really don't feel compelled. I've even stopped gold trading on AH until the prices settle. For now, I'll just continue grinding for what I need and deal without charms.

If I had lots of expendable income, then I'd probably drop some money on it. The game is worth it imo... but still, I wouldn't go crazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I spent 40gold (20 of it was from free zen offers) lucked out and got a decent drop, sold it and bought brilliant plumes with the gold:) That was all I really wanted so im done with anni packs
  • Tarlna - Dreamweaver
    Tarlna - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Spent 600$ sold 50 in auction rest went to packs, got 1 Cloak, 2 Frostcovered insignia's-Force, 1 Lunar Glade Insignia-ornament, 2 plat hp charms, 2 plat sp charms, 15 best luck, 1 Diamond of Tiger stone 1000's of luck tokens.. FYI (hehe) DrAgOOnZ spent more than that not gonna say how much though thats his story hehe

Tarlna
    Cleric Lvl 94
    Armagedon
    Lvl 95 Cleric
    Armagedon

In the real world as in dreams
    Nothing is quite what it seems

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TameThat - Sanctuary
    TameThat - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Just bought Token of Luck from other player to trade for Flawless Citrine. I ended up buying Flawless Citrine for around 200k each. This is kindda messed up, before for 200k you could only get Beautiful Citrine.
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

Mystical Tome (h ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250862)
    AOE Grinding with Venomancer (h ttp://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Guide_to_AOE_Grinding_With_Venomancer)
  • Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i spent 1 mill and got nothing but tokensb:shocked
  • Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1 mill real life money
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Eeeeeppp, more than I thought....

$380USD - Prolly 370 actual packs

So far only gotten

Flame Drill (which just looks savage, i love it)
    Sapphire Gem (saving it for late game)
    2x Token of Best Luck (10mil coin)
    1 Plat Guard Charm

Not as lucky as some, but luckier than others!

P.S. Though this event has certainly taught me how much disposable income I can squeeze out of one pay cheque, rofl!
  • Caldaster - Lost City
    Caldaster - Lost City Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    0$

6.5M ingame

I lunar glade insignia ornament

2 best luck token

1 diamond of dragon (or something like tht)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Poor thing ... lucky me b:victory
  • Larxene - Dreamweaver
    Larxene - Dreamweaver Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    0$, but i got two packs in game at 400k each, I only got the tokens of lucks b:surrender

Then I have just bought tokens of luck from catshops to try and get my apoc pages - b:tired ew i have to get 60!! At least I only need 34 more lol!
  • demans
    demans Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    iv spent 0$, bought a little over 60 packs all with in game coin, gotten 1 plat hp charm, 1 primeval stone, and 1 token of best luck
This discussion has been closed.