Wheres the stablized economy GM's promised

2»

Comments

• Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The only people who are going too gain from this event are the TW guildes. On HT thats about 600-800 players max. What about the others? dont we matter? Does my loyalty an the few thousand i already paid out of MY pocket not count?
  • Niro_Etran - Lost City
    Niro_Etran - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    In 3 days I have spent 50 bucks in 1 month imagine what I have spent on this game and there saying we mean nothing to them.
    b:sadb:cry
  • Uberbein - Heavens Tear
    Uberbein - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    that's the saddest birthday I' ve been taking part on. Ever!
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    bumpb:angry
  • Yobo_kuma - Sanctuary
    Yobo_kuma - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    funny how they think the old players are more important then the ppl who pays real life money to support the game, new or old doesnt matter it should be them who got a mount.
  • Abalone - Sanctuary
    Abalone - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Send the gold prices through the roof..who cares???? I dont.. still wont make me buy anything from the boutique with my own money.

Whoever pays 1mill for 1 gold needs to be committed.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It's a business.

Enjoy it now because in a year 400k gold will be the norm.

To PWE cash shoppers are the only people who matter and everyone else is just a freeloader whom they couldn't care less about.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • expo86
    expo86 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The only people who are going too gain from this event are the TW guildes. On HT thats about 600-800 players max. What about the others? dont we matter? Does my loyalty an the few thousand i already paid out of MY pocket not count?

That's not entirely true, with the skyrocketing gold prices (500k+), that makes gold charms almost 2 mil. TW becomes even more expensive as a result.
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    expo86 wrote: »
    That's not entirely true, with the skyrocketing gold prices (500k+), that makes gold charms almost 2 mil. TW becomes even more expensive as a result.

GOOD have u actually sat an looked at the TW map an calculated the amount of coins they get weekly for owning land....try it u will be shocked esp for those guilds who own more than just a couple of territories. IF anyone other than the GMs have it in their power to lower the price of gold it is the TW guilds. They have the coin to buy all gold in AH an either sell it at a higher rate which i suspect is wat is happening or they could sell it a reasonable price doubt any of them have enuff decency to do this

GM's need to take notice of the disgust of many long time players an short term players as well.
    People in general need to stop being so greedy!!!!!!
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    These so called freeloaders make up a large number of the population. Its the population that makes the game a succes. I do charge zen but seeing prices that high will make new players turn off an play somthing else. The same new players that are the future of PW. The community.
    Take the anniversary packs out the cash shop an give them too all players. Regardless of time spent on the servers. They all matter. Get them prices down before the whole pack of cards falls in.
    Stop been greedy. Kill the duke
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Who will I have to show off to/pick on if they make F2P players extinct? b:surrender
    edited September 2009
    Who will I have to show off to/pick on if they make F2P players extinct? b:surrender

Guess u will have to hunt down lvl 10 noobs who have BOUGHT their gear from cash shop an pick on them
  • Diochan - Heavens Tear
    Diochan - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i hope something is done. i'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but i thing it's the supply stash, and those money boxes along with the iron hammer that is making the prices so freaking high. i watched in the space of days the price of gold go up after these were added, and things got worst when they kept adding limited mounts, fashions, jolly jones etc. the solution is simple ax the hammer and let the boxes be open for free.

for the record the gms are not really to blame it's the players that set the prices correct?

as for the comment about rewarding the older players, i agree that the GMs sreawed up. sure they been around long and everything but for ONCE i would love to see low an d mid levels have something. i busted RL cash in this game for my hurc and several otehr items and WAS going to bust up more for a nix but i'm finding this game to be to biased towards the lower levels so i'm holding back on my nix til i see something that will spice up the playing experience for the lower and mid levels. i don't care how long those level 90+ players been around many lower level play spend more RL cash than the high levels. not sure if this is true or not but i heard that TT drop rate was reduced where is the droprate in a level 80+ FB was INCREASED. that seems to be biased to me ()if they did indeed reduce the drop rate in TT that is). it''s hard as hell to make cash now a days. before the summer i made ultmate subs but not with so many players it's getting to hard racing for the mats.
  • SinisterDevi - Heavens Tear
    SinisterDevi - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well, I must say I do agree with you Elronia. BUT... one thing you guys better realize real quick, is that for every player that quits, there are 5 more to replace him/or her. GM's know this & that is why not much gets done to fix the economy. I am not siding with the GM's nor do I agree with how things in the economy are going. I to am very sick of high over priced Gold, (and other items). But it is true, 1 player may quit PW, but 5 more are installing at that moment & will most likely become PWI addicts like us. I purchase Zen faithfully, I also sell my Zen at a decent price,(130k per. normally). It's not the GM's who force other players to sell there Zen at 180k+ per. Its the players themselves. If few players stopped being greedy & sold there Zen at 130k per. for starters, maybe others might try & do the same. It is player greed. People are paying for over priced gold, other players see this, so they decide to try & get rich to. Its "Player greed". Wanna flame at me by all means have at it,b:chuckle I agree with you totally, but it is player greed.
    b:dirtyb:kiss
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Yes Player greed is the root cause. But who? or what is driving that greed?
    Who is responsible for driving the market really? I say its the TW guilds buying up the gold and reselling it higher. Its the institusions within the community that are driving the market not your average Joe player. A level 30 with 2-300k in coin and has charged zen is not responsible for the finacial stragey been seen in gold trading. Its sombody with some serious finacial muscle pushing up the price of gold. An we see it time an time again. Every week after a new update it goes up. I dont gold trade, but i do charge Zen.
  • _malkavian_ - Dreamweaver
    _malkavian_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    why would you ask GM`s to fix the economy ? you are buying the gold that someone with REAL LIFE CASH bought , something that you cannot afford cause you dont want to spend RL money in a game or just cause you dont have a creddit card etc . This is like you are watching someone dying and saying " oh god why you are not helping him ! do something ! is your responsibility " instead of do something by yourself to fix the problem . So if all of you dont want to pay 400K-900K + per gold stop buying it do something to fix the economy cause us players control the IN GAME economy not GM`s , they cannot tell RL gold buyers what to do with their gold or for how much sell it in game but us could stop buying the gold and do something about it . Besides the buy gold in game is an OPTION , a good advice would be stop QQing and do something crying like a baby and yelling at someone wont fix a sh*t so use your brain .
    And btw i`m not a gold buyer if you wanted to know that cause it seems that every player that said something good or a compliment to the GM staff is gold buyer .
  • FadedChaos - Heavens Tear
    FadedChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Guess u will have to hunt down lvl 10 noobs who have BOUGHT their gear from cash shop an pick on them

you mean Veno's ?? b:chuckle
  • Lessein - Sanctuary
    Lessein - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    okay it's official probably about 5-10% of sanctuary has quit, or at least claim to have quit.
    duke wont shut up.
    and prices are insane.

You have officially lost allot of devoted members, and lost allot of future members. Fair enough, its the people who sell gold who have chosen the prices, but can you blame them? why should they sell 1 gold for 100k when they can buy a pack and be nearly guaranteed 1 mil.
    You can try and blame the players all you want, but it's the creators that have ruined the economy, and made this game far less than perfect.

I mean yeah you can say that the game is still playable. but no charms, no exp scrolls, no mounts, no clothes, no new aero. Luxuries will have to be forgotten for those who dont pay real money.

I'm not gunnu stop playing but theres one more thing I will say.
    This game is free to play, people buy gold, people sell gold. You allow people to purchase gold with in-game money, because it will increase gold sales, as you are increasing the gold audience. It's irrelevant to you how people obtain gold, it doesn't matter whether someone buys gold in-game because somebody has had to pay for it with real money in the first place.

Whether you're thinking with your head or your wallet, you will realise that causing gold prices to skyrocket like this will do nothing but decrease the demand for gold in AH. People simply wont pay the prices that are up right now.
    This will lead to one of two outcomes.

1. Gold prices go down - nobody pays up and the gold prices will gradually fall again to attempt to increase sales.

2. the ones selling gold keep gold the same price, because they will realise that people wont pay the prices that they want. But they will still pay allot for items, maybe keep gold in ah for 500k knowing that nobody will buy it, then sell charms for 1 mil. 1 mil is essentially a bargain for the consumer if gold is 500k ea - but the seller will still get allot more coins than if they had taken option one, even though they will probably sell fewer charms.

The gold in AH, will probably never sell, so they will hardly ever have to top-up the gold in there (less money for you)

Now people are always gunnu choose to get more, so in my mind, most will go for option 2, because that leads to making more coins. But for you, option 2 is very bad indeed, because less gold (overall) will be sold, you will make less money. Because more people will go without luxuries like clothes. Demand for both gold and items will drop.

You are indeed, as others have said, lining your pockets now, but unfortunately for you this small fortune that you have made will be all that you will be getting. So IMO you should put it in a savings account, or a pension fund. Because you wont be getting much more.

and on an up note - dw guys, you can still get a polaris snow cub for 2.5mil =_=

I'm no economist, so I could quite easily be wrong, but this is just my prediction.
    Do something about it, you've already made this problem worse than it had to be, and if my prediction is in any-way accurate, it will only get worse.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well, I must say I do agree with you Elronia. BUT... one thing you guys better realize real quick, is that for every player that quits, there are 5 more to replace him/or her. GM's know this & that is why not much gets done to fix the economy. I am not siding with the GM's nor do I agree with how things in the economy are going. I to am very sick of high over priced Gold, (and other items). But it is true, 1 player may quit PW, but 5 more are installing at that moment & will most likely become PWI addicts like us. I purchase Zen faithfully, I also sell my Zen at a decent price,(130k per. normally). It's not the GM's who force other players to sell there Zen at 180k+ per. Its the players themselves. If few players stopped being greedy & sold there Zen at 130k per. for starters, maybe others might try & do the same. It is player greed. People are paying for over priced gold, other players see this, so they decide to try & get rich to. Its "Player greed". Wanna flame at me by all means have at it,b:chuckle I agree with you totally, but it is player greed.

That is huge assumption. Where do you get this statistic that PWI is growing at such a rate?

Fact is, they face stiff competition on the horizon. This game gets more and more dated and it shows.

Additionally, the only new players that will be able to play this game are going to have to be heavy cash shop users if current trends continues (I'm sure this is fine by PWI). The experience that got me addicted did not involve whipping out my credit card at level 10, as others have joked before me.

Lastly, it is most definitely not "player greed". They players have very little control of the economy or human tendencies, if they don't sell/buy at the prices they do then they'd be stupid, and be hurting themselves. However, you know who do have very tight control over the artificial economy of PW? Yeah, the company. So if you want to talk about greed, look to them.
    edited September 2009
    why would you ask GM`s to fix the economy ? you are buying the gold that someone with REAL LIFE CASH bought , something that you cannot afford cause you dont want to spend RL money in a game or just cause you dont have a creddit card etc . This is like you are watching someone dying and saying " oh god why you are not helping him ! do something ! is your responsibility " instead of do something by yourself to fix the problem . So if all of you dont want to pay 400K-900K + per gold stop buying it do something to fix the economy cause us players control the IN GAME economy not GM`s , they cannot tell RL gold buyers what to do with their gold or for how much sell it in game but us could stop buying the gold and do something about it . Besides the buy gold in game is an OPTION , a good advice would be stop QQing and do something crying like a baby and yelling at someone wont fix a sh*t so use your brain .
    And btw i`m not a gold buyer if you wanted to know that cause it seems that every player that said something good or a compliment to the GM staff is gold buyer .

I personally charge my own zen and have only bought gold thru gold trading one or two times. It is GM's an Developers natural greed that has sent the ingame economy into the demise it is now in. These anniversary packs..selling them is an outrage these should be rewards for time served for ALL players not just those with big real life wallets or those with ingame fat wallets who can afford 400+k per gold. The mounts they give people who hve been here a year are silly they arent even nice to look at they cant be traded or given away so yes i will continue to QQ about the price of gold i will continue to QQ about things that are not right if u dont like my QQ'ing then dont read my posts problem solved
  • Lessein - Sanctuary
    Lessein - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    _malkavian_ -
    you are unfortunately mistaken, yes players set the price of gold, but GM's are altering the value of gold by having sales etc.

Gold used to sell for 100k, but why should someone sell a gold for 100k when they can simply buy an anniversary pack and be nearly guaranteed 500k?
  • YoiteKun - Sanctuary
    YoiteKun - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009

is not true , the gm can inform by they word channel that if ppl who sell gold up to 200k wil be banned from game for 2 days . it's an example , after this u will se that the price of gold will down again cheap
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Bump. will keep doing so untill somthing is announced, even if hell freezes overb:angry
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Please keep all discussion of the new patch to this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.