Wheres the stablized economy GM's promised

Options
FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Each week gold prices go up even though GM's have said they are makin every attempt to stablize the price of gold. They said the Jolly Jones event would help bring prices down....epic fail there... Now today I log in to find the price of gold is now over 400k an up this is 2-3x the cost of gold during the Jolly Jones event..seems to me that GM's are only interested in lining their own pockets with our real life money..SO they give us who have been loyal players a year or longer a mount that is by far the ugliest i have seen wow thanks guys. most of the people who have played this long already have a mount one they like one that isnt ugly. The good news about this mount is once u have it in ur inventory u cant sell or trade it so u are stuck with it, WTG GM's. U need to start thinkin with your heads not ur wallets guys.
The new anniversary packs are only going to widen the gap between those who dump thousands of real life money into the game an those who choose not to or for watever reason cannot put real life money into the game. Imagine ur a new player only been playing for a month or so an have no way of charging ur own zen but would like to try some of the items in the cash shop u head over to the auctioneer an find that gold is so expensive it will take u a week or better to raise the funds to buy enuff gold to purchase something out of cash shop that im sure would make a few thousand new players want to just quit. Ive been here a year and honestly if the economy keeps gettin worse i wont be playing much longer either. GM's stand up an take notice u are gonna loose alot of people if things dont start changing for the better.
Im sure at some point a GM has looked at this i think many are expecting and would appreciate an answer or a solution that will ACTUALLY work to solving the horrid state of the economy. I for one would like a response from a GM. Im looking thru the forums an the overwhelming disgust by long time players speaks volumes
Post edited by FooFooKity - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• HxC_Cherry - Lost City
    HxC_Cherry - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    well Said :)
  • Velsin - Sanctuary
    Velsin - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I know I read this somewhere else. Some visionary of a standard beyond our comprehension said that prices are set by the players. I can only come to the conclusion that somehow any one person who participates in gold trade is somehow guilty. That can't be right, what fault could the players possibly have in this?

*sniff* I think I smell a corporate bail out.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I want to know where they are going with this...
    Its a 1 day event, the anniversary packs, right?
    So with luck things will stabilize just a little after its done. I'm sticking around and being a loyal player so I hope I'm not dissapointed.

Could we get a GM response? Gold prices on Lost City have peaked at 990k.
    I uhhh... could use some direction?

I like the event, I do (Aside from the annoying Duke Shouts) but err... this is maybe slightly out of hand..? :O

Idk what I am looking for but a GM response would be nice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amarta - Sanctuary
    Amarta - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I know I read this somewhere else. Some visionary of a standard beyond our comprehension said that prices are set by the players. I can only come to the conclusion that somehow any one person who participates in gold trade is somehow guilty. That can't be right, what fault could the players possibly have in this?

So... the GMs are Obama.

and somewhere in the mix, Wizzeled is Hilary Clinton.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    people who buy little to no gold will never get anywhere in this game now. People who are emptying their wallets are getting items a normal person who spends little to no cash a week couldn't even think about obtaining with just a few clicks. Like I said your new expansion better be **** amazing or pw is totally fcked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    no the anniversary packs are in for the whole month of sept if i read the update news correctly so we will have gold prices on the rise for the next month
  • Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Yeah, like every other topic on the General Discussion =.=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
  • AstigII - Sanctuary
    AstigII - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    isnt this STABLE? its the people playing PWI are Greedy!
    PNAS recruiting all pilipinos apply at: pnas.guildlaunch.com
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So... the GMs are Obama.

and somewhere in the mix, Wizzeled is Hilary Clinton.

Who's McCain?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Velsin - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Who's McCain?

ME! Buy your own damn health insurance!
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What i'd like to say about the GM's right now would earn me a lengthy ban sadly.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Velsin - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What i'd like to say about the GM's right now would earn me a lengthy ban sadly.

Say it, please.
  • ButtHurt - Lost City
    ButtHurt - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:thanks GG pwi
    say hi to 500k gold
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Say it, please.

Pay me anniversary boxes and i'll think about it
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    GG pwi, i can no longer afford to pk or TW. 500k gold= 2 mil gold charms
  • roseandra
    roseandra Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Um... Well my title pretty much says it all.. someone please give a little more depth for me. I'm new to PWI (2 weeks or so) and after trollin the threads im wondering if i shouldn't waste my time trying to play. I have no intention to supply RL$ on a game so basically that means I'm going to go no where in the game? I've got the whole cash shop and gold exchange thing down already since this is a common thing in MMORPG's what I'm not understanding is what's up with the expansions? Maybe I just haven't got to that yet or something... One thing I was quick to pick up on is it looks like today something bad happened and no one is happy about it... at all. So give it a chance or is it just a lost cause?
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    can't wait till GM's get done with all the maintance and come hit up this forum. Get hit with so many threads about there cuasing disaster. they should have put a limit on gold prices when it was asked for a amount of time till economy became stabl. like a rollback? everyone who just bought gold at 300k-1mil, should just have to live with it. insane enough to buy that high in the first place to bad for youb:bye

^--to the person above .. no you shouldn't waste your time playing this, or if so get to 30 see how things are by then, when your in arch
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • AstigII - Sanctuary
    AstigII - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    roseandra wrote: »

Um... Well my title pretty much says it all.. someone please give a little more depth for me. I'm new to PWI (2 weeks or so) and after trollin the threads im wondering if i shouldn't waste my time trying to play. I have no intention to supply RL$ on a game so basically that means I'm going to go no where in the game? I've got the whole cash shop and gold exchange thing down already since this is a common thing in MMORPG's what I'm not understanding is what's up with the expansions? Maybe I just haven't got to that yet or something... One thing I was quick to pick up on is it looks like today something bad happened and no one is happy about it... at all. So give it a chance or is it just a lost cause?

u should QUIT now b4 its toolate! like everyone else! addicted to PWI b:chuckle
    PNAS recruiting all pilipinos apply at: pnas.guildlaunch.com
  • Pommie - Harshlands
    Pommie - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    beware of scammers offering gold and other serivces , have had a run in with barackObama saying he had a certain item of mine only to my cost found he did not, well he did not live long enough to enjoy it.
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well done GM's a little good will here is in order.
    1st mistake, you put the aniversary pack in the cash shop. Thats driving the price insane. Ok who's controlling the price of gold? The players right? Ok so let me think about this for a short time..
    Who on Heavens tear would have the kind of capital too buy all the gold in the AH an re sell it for an insane price, my answer to that is the big ubber TW guilds. These are the people pumping up the price into the realms of insanity. GM's you need too think with your heads not your wallets. Cap the gold price an make the game fair for everybody.
    I charge my own zen, i payed 1000's of $'s too build my toons i think that would make me a loyal player right? Do the right think for the average Joe kid that wants too play PW an cap them prices before you loose the lot.
    If you dont people will leave en mass.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well done GM's a little good will here is in order.
    1st mistake, you put the aniversary pack in the cash shop. Thats driving the price insane. Ok who's controlling the price of gold? The players right? Ok so let me think about this for a short time..
    Who on Heavens tear would have the kind of capital too buy all the gold in the AH an re sell it for an insane price, my answer to that is the big ubber TW guilds. These are the people pumping up the price into the realms of insanity. GM's you need too think with your heads not your wallets. Cap the gold price an make the game fair for everybody.
    I charge my own zen, i payed 1000's of $'s too build my toons i think that would make me a loyal player right? Do the right think for the average Joe kid that wants too play PW an cap them prices before you loose the lot.
    If you dont people will leave en mass.

^what she said .. you can't leave the gold price up to the players anymore there killing the game for lower players, and no one is that kind hearted enough.
    Retired Sage.
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Perhaps a better way to have introduced the anniversary packs would have been to award the long time players with them instead of this ugly mount perhaps 2 a day for those who have been here longest and 1 a day for those who havent played as long, or even the amount of packs daily related to how many months u have been playin . TAKE THEM OUT OF THE CASH SHOP before the game is completely RUINED for all.....
  • Niro_Etran - Lost City
    Niro_Etran - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The only reason there letting it stand is because the gold prices means that if the gold goes up that much then people have to buy there OWN gold with there REAL money which in all terms is just gaining money for PWI but hurting the players who have no jobs or just kids and can't afford to pay for ZEN which means there goes your players who quit the game because of that reason. I can't believe that paying close to a mill in Lost City like 2k short of a mill is worth paying for, people can't afford that and the GMS just let it ride and they are the ones trying to fix the economy that just shrunk to a bottomless pit, if all sakes at least add the free offers back for those who can't pay and let them do surveys for an hour or charge a dollar to there card to get some zen I mean come on GMS your making the game not fun anymore for everyone and only hurting yourself's in the long run.
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It would've been nice if they gave a free pack thingie each day to players or once a week or something that are x amount of days/weeks/months/or year old lol (to prevent abuse...sorta...XD).

But yeah...looking in AH hurts...and after this event is over, many people that were able to spend zillions of dollars ingame and managed to get a lot of those lucky token things can exchange them for the 10 mil bank...and will no doubt have 100s of millions of coins sitting in their inventory. ):

<shrug> I don't see gold prices going down any time soon.

Edit: Nvm, FooFoo beat me to that part thing...@_@
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well if GMs think that only people over 20 with stable jobs and a credit card play this game....I'm sorry but they are REALY stupid (no offence)

Get REAL... 90% of the players purchase gold in-game coz they can't buy it for real money, either because they are underage, jobless, credit-card less..or don't live in the USA and can't buy the damn prepayd cards.

With this gold prices I wont be able to afford anything, coz I happen to enter under all the categories listed above...and this is killing the fun of the game to me.b:cry

So much about gift packs...

GMs pls save the average player from bankrupt...put a damn cap on those gold prices b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • Niro_Etran - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    No instead there going around locking all the topics and threads instead of posting some helpful tips on what could fix the issue. b:sadb:surrender
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Thats cuase ppl can't read, there are many threads already on this subject.............
    Retired Sage.
  • duskefalling
    duskefalling Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Thank you, Foo Foo, you said it beautifully. Especially about the part of new players who have just heard of this game and want to play. I love this game, though I've been a player for around a month. What BITES is the fact that there's an "Anniversary", yet, people are having to pay real life money for gifts. That's... odd. Secondly, newer players who hadn't had the pleasure to hear of this game, get to sit back, enjoy massive lags in town, greedy people selling tokens and the annoying cry of the Duke. Oh, not to mention missing out on anything that has to do with the anniversary of the game. Just because they (we) are new, does that mean we are any less important than older players? Also, the price of gold, as it has been mentioned, is insane. Yes, the gms ARE doing nothing about it, because they are only thinking about the money they are getting. Who wants to play a free game where you can't afford to pay for special event items with real money? If I wanted to pay for a game, I'd play WOW.
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    And I'm not technicaly "poor" in real life...I just don't have a job atm (big surprise...world crisis...), I don't have a credit card, and I don't live in the USA

Thus, even if I could afford spending lots of money for this game, I CAN'T...and the fact that the creators are not considering people like me is getting realy annoying.

And consider the young player population in this game...Frankly if I'd be a parent I would never use my credit card to buy my kid somenthing from this game every other week...Maybe for a birthday...but that's as far as I'd go as a parent.

So it's actualy a smart move...realy...drive away the poor, the children and the sane...just keep the obsessed rich ones...too bad that's 10% of all the players

But it dosen't seem to worry them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • Niro_Etran - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Up until now PWI has been a great amazing game to have lots of fun and meet new ppl now it's become a nightmare GMS when you read this you should take it to heart when I speak for all those who loved the game at once but you guys have really messed things up, your making it harder for the people who are looking for a free game to not have to pay anything to going to having to pay for gold which is costing them money, and some can't even afford it let alone there internet but they manage because they care for the game. This is the worse thing that could have happened you are hurting a lot of ppl in this game specially those that enjoy playing, and yes are those that played for a year more important than those that have been playing for close to a year or so because that's how the rest of us feel you made us feel like where small **** on the plate thanks a lot.
This discussion has been closed.