NOTICE:New Free ZEN Promo Information

Comments

• Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This is pathetic.

I was thinking about investing my hard earned money into this companie's stock. I think not anymore. Seeing as your shares has dipped slowly lately anyway, and are expected to plummet soon.

Yeah I've already spent a pretty penny on pwi and was glad to support them like I support Nintendo but now with all these sales, gold prices, ect. I always have 10+m from just selling coin boxes and selling OBPs and shards from delta at insane prices. So pretty much I don't need to spend any more money on pw because I'm always rich in coins as of late and since it seems like pwi is spoiling the gold buyers and ignoring the F2Pers I could care less about their stocks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Dianocus - Sanctuary
    Dianocus - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This "FREE ZEN" is hardly free at all. The only zen you can really get for free is about 200. I did a moble survey and got 126 zen while 90% of these offers require a credit card or a charge to sign up. Where is the "FREE ZEN?" I think I would rather stick with paypal.
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It's free because you're not paying for the Zen. A lot of offers will be free trial deals, you sign up, and they ask for a credit card so they can bill you if you decide not to cancel before the trial expires. As long as you cancel before the trial period ends, it's completely free, for ones that require you to pay for shipping and handling, they are considered free because you're not paying for the product, nor are you paying the company that is sending it to you, you are paying the government, who do not ship anything for free. Even ones that you are paying for something, you are still getting the Zen for free. You're paying for the DVD, the membership, or whatever it is you're paying for, not for the Zen, the Zen is an added bonus, and most likely worth more than whatever you just paid. As I pointed out, if you're that concerned about losing money on these deals because you're afraid they'll steal your credit card information or some such, take out the money you need for the offer, go to Wal Mart, get a prepaid Mastercard or Visa, use it. No risk, no way for them to charge you $50 more than they should have, because the only money that will be on that card is however much you choose to place on it.
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yeah I've already spent a pretty penny on pwi and was glad to support them like I support Nintendo but now with all these sales, gold prices, ect. I always have 10+m from just selling coin boxes and selling OBPs and shards from delta at insane prices. So pretty much I don't need to spend any more money on pw because I'm always rich in coins as of late and since it seems like pwi is spoiling the gold buyers and ignoring the F2Pers I could care less about their stocks.

Imagine a *BUSINESS* concentrating on their *PAYING* demographic...

oh ray b:laughb:chuckleb:victory
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Imagine a *BUSINESS* concentrating on their *PAYING* demographic...

oh ray b:laughb:chuckleb:victory

lmao....well....uh....still they shouldn't make it so hard on the F2Pers b:surrender

Its bad enough all the low level F2Pers wont get to tw but they also have to go through this insane game economy. I'm just looking out for the little guys since their motivation for playing pw must be nearing zero...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
    edited August 2009
    And that's precisely what this is. It's a way for a free player to get some free gold, even if it's only a little bit. And this will be pumping more gold into the economy, more gold, same demand, lower gold prices. If anything this is great for free players, even if they themselves aren't doing any of the offers that require some form of payment, they're allowing the players who DO pay for gold with cash an alternative to get far more gold for the same amount of money.
  • killermcd
    killermcd Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    These so called "free" offers for rewards like the "Mygift" have been around on other games for years. You must fill out dozens of forms complete surveys and do silver, platinum and gold offers. Popup pages will spring forth like crazy. But always you have to provide a credit card number or your cell phone number and then the billing begins. Not to mention what ever email account you use will get about 50 spam messages a day because all similar offers trade info with each other and there is no way to opt out of the emails.
    To top it all off there are no rewards in the end because you didn't fill out the right number of offers or surveys. Was a scam on other games and it will be no different here.
    edited August 2009
    There's no such scam for this, you don't have to do multiple offers, unless one of the offers specifically requires it to be done. For the Net Flicks offer it's exactly as advertised, you sign up for Net Flicks, you pay them, you get your Zen, that's it, no other offers required. If you're that paranoid about it there's lots of ways you can go about doing it to eliminate risks, don't want your e-mail full of spam? That's why you have multiple e-mails. I have one e-mail I use exclusively for signing up for websites, and one that I use for actual e-mail, the former gets the spam, the latter does not. Worried about your credit card information? As I've already stated twice now I believe, use a prepaid card, they're safe and easy to use. Your phone number? Well unless they state specifically in the offer some where that you'll get billed on your monthly phone statement the worst you'll get from that are some telemarketer calls.
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well... No real good offers for Australian users here...

Same thing for us Canadian users.
    How exactly is this fair for other players in other countries with little to no offers?

Yes call me jealous or whatever, cause I am and I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one.

Also, don't forget the exchange rate from other currencies to US dollar, which is pretty substantial and we get nothing more for our extra dollars than American users do, and we spend just as much, if not more than our US friends.

I wouldn't call you jealous, just asking for fairness... like the rest of the world is doing. A good percentage of PWI players are not from the US either, but PW seems to favor only it's American players.

Fair? Go figure...
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
    edited August 2009
    a subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: PWRD), publishes free-to-play, online games and provides online services in North America. The Company primarily publishes three-dimensional, or 3D, online games based on the Perfect World proprietary Angelica 3D game engine and game development platform. Perfect World Entertainment’s goal is to provide North American users with perfectly polished gameplay, exceptional localization, the highest quality customer service, and an unparalleled online community experience.

Really, it's pretty unfair to begrudge the company for taking care of their target audience first.
    edited August 2009
    x_x (curse my own country) well thank ya spoons for the answer xD can i ask if in a near future ( like in a couple months ) pwi will allow us ( ppl from other countries ) to use this system ?

Many of these systems are NOT allowed in our non-US countries for obvious reasons, so maybe it's all for the better that the rest of us cannot benefit from PWI's apparent "generosity".

Take also into account our punishment for the currency rate, where we end up paying more than our American friends. But PW is not in the least concerned with it's non-American users, or so it seems.

Well... why should we be?
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    edited August 2009
    You make it sound like Perfect World Entertainment has some form of control over how much your country's currency is worth on the world market.
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    spammusubi wrote: »
    I used a similar site to get a free Ipod touch, only cost me like $30 in real money to get.b:chuckle
    I love it... I got a FREE ipod for $30.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Again I point out, the iPod was free. They did not pay for the iPod, they paid for whatever goods and services the sponsors had to offer. It's just like when you go to the grocery store and you get something from a buy one get one free offer, you pay for the first, the second is free.
  • Yaoko - Dreamweaver
    Yaoko - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    hey guys, this may be a dumb question but... if you do the ones under free that you have to apply for a credit card, what happens? if youre approved can you say No I don't want a credit card or does it mean you now have one...

Thanks -__-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    You make it sound like Perfect World Entertainment has some form of control over how much your country's currency is worth on the world market.

Absolutely not... it's just the consideration we are asking for. After all, we do spend as much - if not more - real $$$ than everyone else.
    Crafting:
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I dont understand why the offers dont show up in the status thing...i completed them until i got a result, and yet no offers show up...whats going on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • nimbb
    nimbb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I dont understand why the offers dont show up in the status thing...i completed them until i got a result, and yet no offers show up...whats going on?

that happened to me... I just waited for a while and mine popped up.
    Not sure if they will for you
    edited August 2009
    You'll note under the amount of Zen you'll receive for each offer, it gives a very rough estimate of when you should get your Zen, immediately, in minutes, in days. Unless it says immediately, I wouldn't expect to get your Zen that quickly.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It said in minutes...still isnt here and i did it right after the servers went down...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Laoko - Dreamweaver
    Laoko - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i did the netflix one but its not showing, it better show soon. >:[
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lol...I tried one and it not showing either and has been about an hour >.>

Maybe it is because of maintenance....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    PW, lets not show that you care more about money than your customers, remove these offers, it's the same old ripoff **** that people use for their myspace apps to basically sell customer information. Not a good thing for a real business to use. Far from respectable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • Laoko - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    I hope so!!! D:
    i guess we'll have to wait and find out. b:victory
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    I hope so!!! D:
    i guess we'll have to wait and find out. b:victory

Well...I did a few earlier today and worked in a few minutes b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2009
    PW, lets not show that you care more about money than your customers, remove these offers, it's the same old ripoff **** that people use for their myspace apps to basically sell customer information. Not a good thing for a real business to use. Far from respectable.

Tell that to my perfectly respectable Wii sitting next to my couch.
  • Laoko - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Well...I did a few earlier today and worked in a few minutes b:victory
    Yup, me too. It has to be the maintenance....
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well an update for Aussie people, an extra 3 "FREE" offers now, totals at about 51zen

1 app (mafia game), 1 annoying toolbar and 1 sign up for a lotto game

the app and the toolbar seems too dodgy and i wouldn't wana risk my computer health for <50zen

EDIT: gratz on winning the Wiki contest Rose :)
  • FireBirdy - Dreamweaver
    FireBirdy - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Awww, the only offers I see demand payment upfront. b:sad
    $20 for 15 gold? 10 euros for 10 gold....

I also want some free offers. b:cry
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Well an update for Aussie people, an extra 3 "FREE" offers now, totals at about 51zen

1 app (mafia game), 1 annoying toolbar and 1 sign up for a lotto game

the app and the toolbar seems too dodgy and i wouldn't wana risk my computer health for <50zen

EDIT: gratz on winning the Wiki contest Rose :)

b:thanksb:cute Thank you very much!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.