Where Are My Chips?

koukou
koukou Posts: 35 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
Tell me PWI,

Last week you raise the cost of everything chips related on the mysterious merchant, promising us we will be able to get more chips with the new incoming daily quest.

I did my new daily bounty hunter quest, and I got no chips.

So, where are the chips you promised us?
Post edited by koukou on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    What level are you?
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Fantazian - Dreamweaver
    Fantazian - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Bounty_Hunter

u need to be level 100+ to get chips. great right . hahahahahahaha. i so wish this was a joke.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think i have some chips in between my cushions on my couch. *hands one to Rose*
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think i have some chips in between my cushions on my couch. *hands one to Rose*

b:shocked

And on topic: Having only Level 100+ be able to get the Chips, is the only real thing that I think is fail about this. In my opinion the lower levels need it more then the Level 100's. This just smells of Warsoul Fragments b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    actually, i believe the higher levels are the one that needs chips more. farming lunar, tt 3-2 and 3-3 takes significantly longer than the lower level tts and one gold mat for lvl99+ can go up to 800-900 chips. while the lower level gold mats and molds can be purchased from lots of people.

not saying the lower levels don't deserve chips but it is at higher levels where chips are necessary for gold mats.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    b:shocked

And on topic: Having only Level 100+ be able to get the Chips, is the only real thing that I think is fail about this. In my opinion the lower levels need it more then the Level 100's. This just smells of Warsoul Fragments b:surrender

yups..... and lunar gear.......

Is it me or do levels 80-89 really got the short end of the stick?
    Damned Gaurnob FB69
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    actually, i believe the higher levels are the one that needs chips more. farming lunar, tt 3-2 and 3-3 takes significantly longer than the lower level tts and one gold mat for lvl99+ can go up to 800-900 chips. while the lower level gold mats and molds can be purchased from lots of people.

not saying the lower levels don't deserve chips but it is at higher levels where chips are necessary for gold mats.

All good and I can see that, but on Lost City it is going to be a race to Warsoul b:chuckle

Damned Gaurnob FB69

Yeah well us 9x got Linus...zzzzz that fb so long b:cry

But wines FTW!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Damned Gaurnob FB69

Damned Guarnob was just the beginning. I did him with a squad of 2 clerics, a wizard, a BM, and another Veno... Then we got Polearm. After wiping on him several times, we said **** it, and just left.

Also, I think a lot of people are going to be very upset at this new chip system. Some of those are for level 60 items. Raising the chip cost, telling us there are new ways, and having those ways be only for level 100s just reeks of BS.
    edited August 2009
    Damned Guarnob was just the beginning. I did him with a squad of 2 clerics, a wizard, a BM, and another Veno... Then we got Polearm. After wiping on him several times, we said **** it, and just left.

Also, I think a lot of people are going to be very upset at this new chip system. Some of those are for level 60 items. Raising the chip cost, telling us there are new ways, and having those ways be only for level 100s just reeks of BS.

I guess we do not have to worry about doing any of the bounty hunter quests for levels 80-89.... sigh... sooner or later I get to be 90 and do the much easier FB79... grinding time...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Jeagerjaques - Lost City
    Jeagerjaques - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2009

No way, I did FB69 today with 2 clerics, 2 BMs, veno, and me (barb). We finished the FB in 35 minutes flat. I think we have an easier time than the 90-99, FB79 is indeed time-consuming. And think about it, this will increase the amount of molds in every server! Every bounty quest could also be taken as a mold run. I predict that I will be getting the FB69 cape a lot faster than I originally thought.
    Damn right I'm good in bed! I can sleep for HOURSb:victory
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Clearly, lvl 99 people deserve 0 chips, and lvl 100 deserve up to 200 chips per day.b:victory
    edited August 2009
    No way, I did FB69 today with 2 clerics, 2 BMs, veno, and me (barb). We finished the FB in 35 minutes flat. I think we have an easier time than the 90-99, FB79 is indeed time-consuming. And think about it, this will increase the amount of molds in every server! Every bounty quest could also be taken as a mold run. I predict that I will be getting the FB69 cape a lot faster than I originally thought.

Actually, with all people in squad so much higher leveled than the fb lvl, drop rates will be next to nil. Mold drop rates are already tiny to begin with. The only thing this will do is drive mat prices through the roof. Remember, with gold at 200k each, the "ceiling" effect of cash shop mat packages don't quite kick in.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009

JJ in the forums!!!! b:shocked

Hi!!!! b:byeb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2009
    Actually, with all people in squad so much higher leveled than the fb lvl, drop rates will be next to nil. Mold drop rates are already tiny to begin with. The only thing this will do is drive mat prices through the roof. Remember, with gold at 200k each, the "ceiling" effect of cash shop mat packages don't quite kick in.

Just wait to need to get that level 6 manufacturing skill and mats are at 10k+ each...... The prices of mats are going to go up, but it seems that PWE already expected that, based on the pricing for mat packages in cash shop.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Personally 5-15 chips per day from cube with 450k exp aint too bad XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Personally 5-15 chips per day from cube with 450k exp aint too bad XD
    Cube is not a reliable source of chips.

I ended up many times with 0 chips.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
    edited August 2009

yah, but talk about motivation to grind :) you are only 2 levels away from the chips reward for bounty hunter
    edited August 2009

A level 98 gets to do cube, spending up to a mil of mirages, for 0-20 chips. A lvl 100 gets to do bounty hunting, at no cost, for 200 chips per day.

Time to start grinding again.b:chuckle
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2009

72 cleric, 73 barb, 72 bm, 77 veno. We've been doing runs just to get some molds. Learn how the fight works, and then learn how to do it with minimal forces. We do it in 20 minutes. We were actually really happy about the Bounty Hunter quest; free 150k xp for doing what we planned on doing on server-up anyway.

Technically, the barb and I could duo it all, but that just takes forever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Here it is, folks. The direct quote from Xarfox about the Chip incident.
    xarfox wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

The answer is pretty straight forward. In the coming weeks a new NPC will be added to the game, the Bounty Hunter. This NPC will provide players with a new daily quest to kill different bosses within the game for extra EXP/rewards. The highest tier of rewards includes stacks of chips, hence the increased cost for some items.

Phew, pretty refreshing not having to be vague for once. ;)

He even said it right there... HIGHEST TIER. Meaning, that it's the level 100. Now... Why that would be a good reason to increase the price of things level 60+ would want to obtain is something we're going to have to figure out someway else...

EDIT: And Terraa, the BM was just only 74. He was there for the Chrono Quest, not the actual Bounty Hunter. No 74 BM is going to be able to do what an 73 Barb can do, honestly. BM's aren't heavy duty tanks, and no offense to any BMs out there, but it wasn't going to happen.
    edited August 2009
    72 cleric, 73 barb, 72 bm, 77 veno. We've been doing runs just to get some molds. Learn how the fight works, and then learn how to do it with minimal forces. We do it in 20 minutes. We were actually really happy about the Bounty Hunter quest; free 150k xp for doing what we planned on doing on server-up anyway.

Technically, the barb and I could duo it all, but that just takes forever.

You won't be as happy when mat prices gets to be 10k each. It's a daily quest, after all.
    edited August 2009
    You won't be as happy when mat prices gets to be 10k each. It's a daily quest, after all.

That is besides the point, they do it now for molds, but they will not get that daily until they are level 80, at which point, the drop rate for molds in the FB69 is very sad.... That team gets together to make mold runs... once they are 80, they will want to do mold runs on FB79..... and your bounty hunter quest will be in FB69..... so you will spend money in wines, to kill a boss that will have a very very low chance of dropping anything else....

It seems they made the quests one FB lower so it is not worth to farm them for molds.... If they were trying to maximize people's time, they would make the bosses you have to kill be from the last FB you did. So level 80-89 would do FB79s bosses, levels 90-99- FBs 89, etc.
  • Yasmine - Heavens Tear
    Yasmine - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    and from where u all get those 200 chips?
    i done my bounty quest and all i got was 50 socket stones and no xp, so just stop qq about those chips.

GO AND LVLUP
  • Hari - Heavens Tear
    Hari - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Actually I'm fairly sure once you do bounty hunter, you get the next tier bounty hunter... so for example if you're 90, you kill ethereal abomination, then you get assigned peachblossom ritualist afterwards.

basically, you need to do your level's, then you get the next level's, until you end up with peachblossom.

I can't confirm this (have to turn in my ethereal kill atm), but it's what the GMs said in their bounty hunter guide.
    HT clerics at their finest:

hari: can you do mdef debuffs? makes the fight go faster
    naughty_x: waste, I do more damage without them
    hari: ...you do more damage in 2 seconds than reducing mdef by 35% for 4 casters does in 20 seconds?
    naughty_x: is waste, i do more damage

hari: 3-3 BH goes a lot faster with a sin
    naughty_x: no, only a difference of like 3 minutes
    hari: ...we've been in here a lot longer than 3 minutes already
    naughty_x: your opinion
    edited August 2009
    i done my bounty quest and all i got was 50 socket stones and no xp, so just stop qq about those chips.

GO AND LVLUP

Hey, everyone else get nothing, when they were promised something, why are you complaining?
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Actually I'm fairly sure once you do bounty hunter, you get the next tier bounty hunter... so for example if you're 90, you kill ethereal abomination, then you get assigned peachblossom ritualist afterwards.

No. Did both Linus and Abomination. Nothing else so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
    edited August 2009

GO AND LVLUP
    You just fcked up with the quest is all b:chuckle
    Stop bein greedy lol 1 socket stone=7k average each = 350k in coins if u decide to sell them. Even if its not matched up to charms costs, that profit is only second to what cube gives on a LUCKY day at most.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hey, everyone else get nothing, when they were promised something, why are you complaining?

I believe the GM said that the highest tier will get chips. So where is this everyone were promised something come from?
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    I believe the GM said that the highest tier will get chips. So where is this everyone were promised something come from?

The quote from Xarfox was in direct response to the question of why several mid level molds had been changed in price. As a result, we took it to mean that he meant there was an easier way to obtain the items in question, not that only 100+ would ever see such a reward.
    edited August 2009
    Its coming from a fact that some pple forgot that diff. country servers have diff. level averages, but still decided to implement a quest meant for older country servers.