What Boutique Items does a class need?

Options
2»

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If a person doesn't want a veno without a herc, too bad for them. They don't know what that big hunk of rock known as a magmite is capable of.

Maybe because we NEVER see what it's capable of. I have yet to see a veno list bosses that a magmite can tank that no other free pet can. I have yet to see a veno say how they went down in hits per kill while grinding with a magmite. Instead we see them point to a few stats, make unrealistic assertions, and ignore and blow off shortcomings.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    At least most venos don't write off strong points.

Magmite works great for regular play, to extend your play I would recommend a herc as a veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You just seem to hate magmites for some stupid reason. It's easy to get, has high hp, high attack power, high defense (no trouble on magic monsters for me either)

I tested other pets, none could compare so I kept my golem until I got a herc at level 75.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You just seem to hate magmites for some stupid reason. It's easy to get, has high hp, high attack power, high defense (no trouble on magic monsters for me either)

I tested other pets, none could compare so I kept my golem until I got a herc at level 75.

^^ See what I'm talking about. -LOL!
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Baraya - Dreamweaver
    Baraya - Dreamweaver Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Maybe because we NEVER see what it's capable of. I have yet to see a veno list bosses that a magmite can tank that no other free pet can. I have yet to see a veno say how they went down in hits per kill while grinding with a magmite. Instead we see them point to a few stats, make unrealistic assertions, and ignore and blow off shortcomings.
    You know, a good squad doesn't need a Herc because they've got enough good Barbs to cover for it. Man, cash shop pets ruined the whole Fox class. That's why I'll never get one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ammerex - Lost City
    Ammerex - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    In PvE, as far as I would say, Veno's don't need anything from the cash shop. Except for fashion b:chuckle

For PvP -> Just charm and dolls will do :O
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You know, a good squad doesn't need a Herc because they've got enough good Barbs to cover for it. Man, cash shop pets ruined the whole Fox class. That's why I'll never get one.
    example

Ancient Evil in 2-3 spawns strong minions, usually the veno take 1-2 of them with herc and the bm take the last one (or similar)

can u really tank them with a golem ?

/end of example

and saying "I'll never get one" is like a barb that at 90 decides to not refine his equipment (the price of decent refines is probably higher than buying a herc)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baraya - Dreamweaver
    Baraya - Dreamweaver Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    example

Ancient Evil in 2-3 spawns strong minions, usually the veno take 1-2 of them with herc and the bm take the last one (or similar)

can u really tank them with a golem ?

/end of example

and saying "I'll never get one" is like a barb that at 90 decides to not refine his equipment (the price of decent refines is probably higher than buying a herc)
    Actually, I choose to not buy one because I boycott the cash shop. Even if buying using in-game money, someone had to originally buy that gold that you're getting.

Have you asked yourself how things were done in the old days before cash shop pets existed? People had real brains back then. Now, no one even cares about that. They just want the Fox's pet to do the hard stuff so that no players die. The Fox can just res her pet, after all. No big deal. That's how cash pets ruined the Fox class. In the old days, pets were intentionally not as powerful as a real player, forcing squads to use their brainpower to figure out how to survive. The pets' weaknesses were an actual design feature. Now, none of that matters anymore. Just send in the expendable pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Actually, I choose to not buy one because I boycott the cash shop. Even if buying using in-game money, someone had to originally buy that gold that you're getting.
    correct, it's actually a thing that many players can't realize...

it's like we live of bread and water: u can do fine but u can't stick to those forever and soon or later u'll want some of the cakes in the boutique, real cash or not

we are dependant on the zen buyers, I hate that
    Have you asked yourself how things were done in the old days before cash shop pets existed? People had real brains back then. Now, no one even cares about that. They just want the Fox's pet to do the hard stuff so that no players die. The Fox can just res her pet, after all. No big deal. That's how cash pets ruined the Fox class. In the old days, pets were intentionally not as powerful as a real player, forcing squads to use their brainpower to figure out how to survive. The pets' weaknesses were an actual design feature. Now, none of that matters anymore. Just send in the expendable pet.
    true, the game is already pretty easy and put herc didn't help
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Except for Venos a Legendary something.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.