Watcher Of the Skies

Dinath - Sanctuary
Dinath - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
Am I the only who noticed the Watcher of the skies wings are now blue ?
They've lost their transparency.. b:sad

but Kudos on the updates!
enough room for all my buffs on one row
and I love the new wardrobe !
b:thanks
Post edited by Dinath - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    That is strange, my friend was saying the same thing but I didn't notice any difference. Can you post a screenshot?
  • Dinath - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Before

beforediz.jpg

Now

afterrsc.jpg

b:question b:sad
  • darkjagans
    darkjagans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    maybe a certain graphics setting in your game settings have changed after the patch, some of my settings changed when i logged on just 5mins ago

EDIT: well i just saw a few people with it and it looks normal on my side, so either it's a graphical setting thats been changed in your game settings OR it's a glitch where only the user's of that wing will see that
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Must be some glitch. I do see the elf wings like they've always been, but my Israfel is invisible.

InvisibleIsrafelx.jpg
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    They look cooler now.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Shootuh - Sanctuary
    Shootuh - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I've checked and it's still the same as usual... If it changed I'll be like.. QQ

But yeah your graphic setting might be different or probably the weather.. who knows.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Just saw in-game and seraphic mist are the same now too.

If you don't have the player highlighted, solid instead of translucent like they used to be. And I normally play with graphics maxed, so it's not because of graphics resetting and me forgetting what they were on.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Must be some glitch. I do see the elf wings like they've always been, but my Israfel is invisible.

InvisibleIsrafelx.jpg

Lol, mine is still visible. But heard some of my guildies are invisible. Mine was maxed out though. It seems only the original non-spurred ones are invisible?b:puzzled
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Oh, interesting, mine is actually non-spurred. It has the original +2.0 speed.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    My Nix when my coursor isn't hovered over him has gotten a very vivid make over. I honestly like it. Change is good, IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    They always look that way depending on the lighting and the angle you are looking at them.Mine look that way all the time as I was just on my cleric early this morning.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Lessein - Sanctuary
    Lessein - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    im having exactly the same problem, and i just checked with my girlfriend (we compared our gfx settings) hers are exactly the same as mine - but i see them like in the "after" screenshot, and she sees them as in the "before" screenshot...

They've changed, i used to see them like the before screenshot as well. changed after the patch =P but honestly i dont really care, they're the same speed.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Try flying in very bright sun and you will see them the same.
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i like the dark blue color, but i miss my transperency b:cry, i loved that look of them. but the dark blue to me is a plusb:victory
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    im having exactly the same problem, and i just checked with my girlfriend (we compared our gfx settings) hers are exactly the same as mine - but i see them like in the "after" screenshot, and she sees them as in the "before" screenshot...

They've changed, i used to see them like the before screenshot as well. changed after the patch =P but honestly i dont really care, they're the same speed.

i was doing a fb59 my connection failed so i was teled back to the town by it (forget the name) so theres an archer flying there next to me with watchers an they look like the after shot
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Dinath - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Well I'm glad to know it's not just me.

Most people I've asked in game see the wings as they were before the patch.

My wings are upgraded, max speed, IDK if that changes anything..
    My Nix when my coursor isn't hovered over him has gotten a very vivid make over. I honestly like it. Change is good, IMO.

I also see the 'nix shaded very dark red (until I highlight it with my cursor), it does look very nice that way b:heart
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    This is how my Watchers look like even in a dark area notice they are white looking like normal.

20090730171715.jpg 2009-07-30
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Same issue here. My wings are silver now. I even had an interesting situation where i was flying from 1 wq waypoint to another and midflight my wings turned transparent. I didnt know what to make of it, but then 2 mins later it turned silver again.

So im guessing its another mess made by our pro game developers.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Same issue here. My wings are silver now. I even had an interesting situation where i was flying from 1 wq waypoint to another and midflight my wings turned transparent. I didnt know what to make of it, but then 2 mins later it turned silver again.

There is nothing wrong it is your graphic settings look at mine same as when I bought them.
    edited July 2009
    There is nothing wrong it is your graphic settings look at mine same as when I bought them.
    So my graphics setting changed to normal and back again on a 2 min timeframe on its own? Just out of curiosity, which exact setting would you say make my wings look like it used to be (transparent)?
    PWI:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nicoleluver
    nicoleluver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ewww Look ugly
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Quite frankly, I strongly prefer the way they look now over the transparent look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    So my graphics setting changed to normal and back again on a 2 min timeframe on its own? Just out of curiosity, which exact setting would you say make my wings look like it used to be (transparent)?
    I think they did as I had to click the setting that showed people and mobs in the radar.I haven't had to touch my graphics but my wing look ok as i took a flight from the City of Misfortune to Tusk Town Thurs. morning.Watchers have always looked a little transparent in certian lighing conditions mine do when I am in swiftwind village where it rains same in some other places.

It could be you never took notice about it before maybe you autopathed a lot.Mine are fine.

@nicoleluver you stopped playing this game so your post is a waste.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think they did as I had to click the setting that showed people and mobs in the radar.I haven't had to touch my graphics but my wing look ok as i took a flight from the City of Misfortune to Tusk Town Thurs. morning.Watchers have always looked a little transparent in certian lighing conditions mine do when I am in swiftwind village where it rains same in some other places.

It could be you never took notice about it before maybe you autopathed a lot.Mine are fine.

I've looked at my wings under every graphics option and every lighting condition, and they most certainly have changed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Elfaria - Dreamweaver
    Elfaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Mine looks the same.
    I kinda want the change of wearing that dark blue one though.

Toggle from Light to Dark mode? :P
  • Leannekitten - Sanctuary
    Leannekitten - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    my wings are doing the same bluish colors. I really don't like it. I noticed it yesterday after the patch. I tried playing with my settings but nothing helped. They were so pretty!...now ugly. They look metal and such. I miss the transparent blue.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think they did as I had to click the setting that showed people and mobs in the radar.

Regardless of that...his graphics wouldn't automatically change mid-flight for no apparent reason. He didn't say he logged on after the patch and they were like that. He said they changed while he was using them. Read before you post please b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear
    AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2009

TT.TT MY BEAUTIFUL WINGS
    I look like a fell in a can of metallic paint!

(ni absoulth :P)
    edited July 2009

Despite of any lighting effect, the wings have always looked transparent. They never changed in the 3 months i've had them nor did they look weird when i saw players wearing before i had mine. I can change the setting in every way possible, its stays messed up. Its not a setting issue, its an update flaw. Its clearly having some conflict with some hardware our great developers forgot to test, reason why for some its working fine and for others its weird.

My guess is T&L (transform and lighting), a feature some boards dont have, is having some effect on this update, which up till now it never did. Same thing happened to 1st person shooter i used to play. The game worked perfectly for everyone. After 1 update, most couldnt even start the game. The game had nvidia and ati sponsoring, and the the update guys said pretty clear "buy 1 of those graphics board or you wont be able to play". Considering they have links for drivers to both boards on the 'download game' section, makes my guess a possibilty.
    Some games require T&L, but u can still play without it. Others you cant play at all.

For some reason im not feeling too great about the great update the GMs have in mind for us. Im sensing a dejavu...
    Regardless of that...his graphics wouldn't automatically change mid-flight for no apparent reason. He didn't say he logged on after the patch and they were like that. He said they changed while he was using them. Read before you post please b:surrender
    Actually, it did change after the update. What i said was it was already silverish, went back to normal (transparent) for 2 mins and then back to silverish.
    Read before you post please :P
    TT.TT MY BEAUTIFUL WINGS
    I look like a fell in a can of metallic paint!
    (ni absoulth :P)
    Hey azure ^^
    PWI:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Actually, it did change after the update. What i said was it was already silverish, went back to normal (transparent) for 2 mins and then back to silverish.
    Read before you post please :P

'Changing' doesn't necessarily mean changing to silver. o_o I meant change at all. If they changed at all without messing with graphics settings (back to transparent or otherwise), then it wouldn't be the graphics settings that caused it, right? Or am I missing something here o.o'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."