Relative speed of starter aerogear

Flexfit - Dreamweaver
Flexfit - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
I'm lv29 Bm right now, and not very far from lv30 and wondering about the speed of the lv 30 starter flying sword

I read somewhere that the sword is 0.5 m/s, so is that the same as me walking 0.5m/s on the ground or is the speed of the aerogear different from the ground speed
Post edited by Flexfit - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm lv29 Bm right now, and not very far from lv30 and wondering about the speed of the lv 30 starter flying sword

I read somewhere that the sword is 0.5 m/s, so is that the same as me walking 0.5m/s on the ground or is the speed of the aerogear different from the ground speed

i think...there has already been a thread about this...try to use the search buton...
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    it's 5.0 m/s + what written in the areogear info

with basic sword u fly at 5.5 m/s basically
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If you really think you're going to be playing this game for a while, invest $30-$40 and get a max'd aero. Either that or grind hard and save up. You won't regret it.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I managed to save up enough money in game to get elven radiance without spending any real world money.

Now to get those pesky wind widgets.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    it's 5.0 m/s + what written in the areogear info

with basic sword u fly at 5.5 m/s basically

Wrong it is 0.5m/s for normal speed hasted it is 2.5 m/s.Trust an elf.It is not the same as walking that is different and land speed boost don't work.

That means the quested sword would beat my cashsop wings with your information.Mine are faster.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • darkjagans
    darkjagans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Wrong it is 0.5m/s for normal speed hasted it is 2.5 m/s.Trust an elf.It is not the same as walking that is different and land speed boost don't work.

That means the quested sword would beat my cashsop wings with your information.Mine are faster.

right...

/facepalm
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    Lyzzern - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'll put it in a simple way since no one else did.

Lv. 30 Sword adds +0.5m/s to your normal land speed (Doesn't show on character stats). About the hasted part, you have to click Accelerate on your Action Window (Alt+E). For that you need to have fuel, which is generated with Chi Stones like Yiyuan or Perfect Stones.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2508297003&dateline=1263853257[/SIGPIC]
    Asoteric Runewolf just pwned you b:victory

(Yet another player who has quit this game :>; See you in Forsaken World)
  • Aesprika - Sanctuary
    Aesprika - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Its your walk speed + aero gear speed.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    darkjagans wrote: »
    right...

/facepalm

Why did you do that I am right.

@Lyzzern and Aesprika. Landspeed does not effect flight speed it is just .5m/s nothing other.
  • Aesprika - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Why did you do that I am right.

@Lyzzern and Aesprika. Landspeed does not effect flight speed it is just .5m/s nothing other.

Yes it does. Then explain how I'm practically keeping up with a 9m/s panther with my 3.0m/s Swiftshadow?
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Yes it does. Then explain how I'm practically keeping up with a 9m/s panther with my 3.0m/s Swiftshadow?

No it doesn't as we dicussed in another way back.It may look like it but everything looks different when you fly.I can beat a swiftshadow with 2.0m/s wings as I have.I have panther and find it slower than flying and it has to be feed.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009

your speed is 8 m/s theirs, 9 m/s

However you fly in a streight line, while they have to go up and down with the terrain. You are actualy traveling less distance than they are, that is why you are "almost" keeping up.

Even the GMs have said that the flying speed is 5 m/s for everyone, and that the only thing that affects it are the speed bonuses on aerogear and the new basic skill of the white genie (not counting flight mastery on the elves white wings)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited July 2009

learn to fly

and aniway it's not either ground speed + aereogear otherwise I would fly around at like 13 m/s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Every single character flies at default 5.0m/s. Buffs, pills, skills do not affect this (other than THAT genie skill)
    Thus an aerogear with +0.5m/s means you fly at 5.5m/s, regardless
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Panda dude and IceJazmin win. Rest of ya are way off, and MystiMonk, please don't post anymore :S
    b:dirty
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    learn to fly

and aniway it's not either ground speed + aereogear otherwise I would fly around at like 13 m/s

I know how to fly as the max for quested flight gear is set at .5m/s nothing effects else effects it.There is thing called depth perception as it feel you are going faster if this were the case then Clerics and Barbs would be the slowest at flying with thier areorgear maxed which we aren't.We have the slowest walking speeds of all the races mine being at 4.8m/s.

@Ninnuam what makes you an expert as we been through this before.
  • Aesprika - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    I know how to fly as the max for quested flight gear is set at .5m/s nothing effects else effects it.There is thing called depth perception as it feel you are going faster if this were the case then Clerics and Barbs would be the slowest at flying with thier areorgear maxed which we aren't.We have the slowest walking speeds of all the races mine being at 4.8m/s.

Depth perception? I was flying at same height as a mount, it can't just be Aerogear speed + nothing else.
    edited July 2009

?_?

it's 5.0 m/s + aereogear speed (so 0.5 for the basic one)

that's it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    ?_?

it's 5.0 m/s + aereogear speed (so 0.5 for the basic one)

that's it

I am talking about the quested one is .5 m/s and no your land speed doesn't count or you would be OPed.I would argue even more if this were the case then elf should have thier flight mastery included making us the fastest which we should be since we are born with wings and the untamed and humans didn't get arerormounts untill elfs came along.
    Depth perception? I was flying at same height as a mount, it can't just be Aerogear speed + nothing else.
    It is just the air speed alone mount have friction to go through.A Pidgeon can actually beat Throughbred race horse.
    edited July 2009
    I am talking about the quested one is .5 m/s and no your land speed doesn't count or you would be OPed.I would argue even more if this were the case then elf should have thier flight mastery included making us the fastest which we should be since we are born with wings and the untamed and humans didn't get arerormounts untill elfs came along.

It is just the air speed alone mount have friction to go through.A Pidgeon can actually beat Throughbred race horse.
    I'm not understanding nothing from ur posts but get over it, life isn't fair

Barbs should be the fastest race of the game (following guides and classes info) while demon venos are faster (can't believe I managed to insert a QQ veno in here too xD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    You know what I am talking about it is what the OP is asking the flying swords max speed is 2.5m/s period.Land speed doesn't effect this.

Why would Barbs be the fastest as you are the heaviest with heavy areromounts.That would be lots of mass?Venos are faster than you sorry to say that and can beat you in a race as your max footspeed is 4.8m/s and their is 5.1m/s.
    edited July 2009
    You know what I am talking about it is what the OP is asking the flying swords max speed is 2.5m/s period.Land speed doesn't effect this.

Why would Barbs be the fastest as you are the heaviest with heavy areromounts.That would be lots of mass?Venos are faster than you sorry to say that and can beat you in a race as your max footspeed is 4.8m/s and their is 5.1m/s.
    my speed is 7.6 m/s do ur homeworkz :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    my speed is 7.6 m/s do ur homeworkz :S

That is when in tigerform or using speed boost as my Barb is 4.8m/s and my Veno is 5.1.
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Mysti, I think there's been some confusion on your part, at least by my interpretation of what everyone else is saying. You are correct in saying that land speed doesn't affect flying speed. Everyone else is saying that flight speed is 5m/s + aerogrear speed. While I personally don't know about this, as there are so many individuals that support it (with one even saying a GM said this), I must assume this is also correct. This mean that the 5m/s they are talking about is a constant across all players, and is a different value than a players land speed.

This means that if two players with aerogears of identical speeds (lets say +2m/s) have a race. This race would be a tie, even if one has a slower flight speed than the other. Also, if these two players should have aerogears of different speeds (one is at +2m/s, and the other gets a +3m/s), even if the +2m/s player has a faster ground speed, the +3m/s player would win.

Hope this helps clear some things up. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Yes it does as I said trust an Elf

Here is the thread in question.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=307882

I had to google this.
    edited July 2009
    so ? that thread only proves more than I'm correct
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yes it does as I said trust an Elf

Here is the thread in question.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=307882

I had to google this.

You read his initial post wrong. He said actual flight speed is 5m/s + .5 m/s which is 5.5 m/s. He is correct.
    I believe what you are thinking he said is the starting gear is +5.5 m/s

Your cash wings are 5m/s + 2(2.5/3, whatever yours is at)m/s which is 7-8m/s
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    so ? that thread only proves more than I'm correct

No it doesn't if you are saying your land speed effects your air speed.
    You read his initial post wrong. He said actual flight speed is 5m/s + .5 m/s which is 5.5 m/s. He is correct.
    This is incorrect as the sword is only .5m/s with no effects from land speed.Which is very slow even with my natural wings I can beat it.
    edited July 2009
    No it doesn't if you are saying your land speed effects your air speed.

where did I say that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This is incorrect as the sword is only .5m/s with no effects from land speed.Which is very slow even with my natural wings I can beat it.

...That's what he just said. You're arguing, but you both are arguing the same point....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."