So what's the point of PKing?

Options

Comments

• MiniFace - Lost City
    MiniFace - Lost City Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Only read first post but yeah, pretty simply explanation.

Its fun, something different if your not annoying you'll only pk your own lvls, creates a new sitiation for the entire game. You're not always care free.

And can get other people gears if they're pking also.

no discussion needed, this post is pointless.
    PM me on Lost City if you need some help b:laugh
  • Ishikei - Lost City
    Ishikei - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I can't PK yet (21 more levels!) but simple.

I PK because I greatly enjoy PvP. Whether it's me getting killed over and over again or me killing someone over and over again. :D
    Aina says hi. b:bye
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Speaking of grinding, I wish you get exp from PKing.b:laugh

But yeah, PKing is for the lulz and the rush for sure. I'm on a PVE server but I still PK. It's just a lot harder to find ppl to pk... There are times where I wish I were on a PVP server due to people's stupidity. The option of using force would be something I like about a PVP server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Pking is fun when you have a challenge, but when your doing it to annoy people then meh, i dont really mind being pked im on the sever i chose it and i like it, there are RPKers out there but some are really nice, i had lost some stuff and my friends Red named friend made me skele axes for free and he was really nice, it all depends on how you look at it b:pleasedb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hello! b:pleased, what's the point of PKing? There is no point on PKing at all, some people do that for just fun... Or to relieve the stress of RL? However PKing is typically useless, waste of time and only for people who can't get drops.
    pezizgood wrote: »
    I don't understand the attraction of PK'ing. I'm on a PvE server so obviously I have no idea what it's like, but I imagine it's a lot like:
    1. Pwning lower levels who are just trying to quest
    This is the most fail ever, they can't kill people their own LVLs
    2. Wasting your HP and MP charms
    If they want to waste money trying to be king of PVP is rather pointless
    3. Spending a **** load on Guardian Angels
    That's why guardian angels are there, but not only for PK/PVP alone
    4. Killing a lot of people who use Guardian Angels, leaving you with nothing but a chunk of charm missing (see #2)
    they are scared to lose their items
    5. Going AFK for hours every day to lose your red name
    Same as #4, they might purposely be doing that if they run out of guardianangels
    6. Complaining when getting killed.
    I mainly believe its mostly coming from PVP servers LOL
    7. Complaining on the forums about about Pheonixes
    Again, QQers lol
    8. Calling PvE players Care Bears on the forums
    I love being called Carebear, its a nice name =). Once again its an excuse for attention as people in PVE servers can turn on PK... So they are just idiotic fails of life maybe?
    9. Losing EXP?
    Not that I know of, I was in PK mode to stop someone (was using a LVL30+ barb that time) and got PKed by high LVLs
    10. Because it is fun?
    One answer to my point of view.... nope, there is no fun in PK anymore, i won't even TW, and i won't really dual

Why bother Pking? It just seems really barbaric to me. I may never PK, but if I do, I will chose when and where so that I have a fair chance to kill others who also have a fair chance.
    But then again, why do people continue to create characters on PvP servers?
    Please enlighten me.

P.S. On an unrelated note, I have a PvP question. Is it possible to attack someone in your faction during TW? I'm deciding on skills for my genie and Chi Siphon looks amazing.

PVP in general is supposed to be fun. If some people want to PVP out of status, or show off and look down on other people in an mmo must have problems IRL. PVP is not good for my RL / ingame health b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    Ilenka - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I got into Harshlands because i didnt know that is was a PvP server, i would personaly rather be at a PvE since yo can choose whether to go or not...

It really freaks me out when im farming my crane herb and then some red name comes a pk me in one single shot! thats just stupid... xD

Ps. whoever cares about being called a Care bear in the forums, should really get a real life and attitude... XD (who the hell cares about that?)

Ps. I WONT SWICHT to PvE cuz im way tooo lazy to start over.... xD I rather go into Jade Disnasty.

Cya
    b:victory
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I got into Harshlands because i didnt know that is was a PvP server, i would personaly rather be at a PvE since yo can choose whether to go or not...

It really freaks me out when im farming my crane herb and then some red name comes a pk me in one single shot! thats just stupid... xD

But I think harshlands is still easier for farming herbs and materials than Heaven's Tear or Sanctuary or even Dreamweaver.

On Harshlands, characters our level might occasionally have to run from (or maybe die from) an occasional level 90 character. But, PVE servers are so crowded you would often will not have anything to farm unless you are standing by your herb when it respawns (and, sometimes, not even then).
  • System
    System Posts: 311 mod
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Basically PvP doesn't give you the option to easily shove PKers away with the click of a button, making it more realistic.

I like knowing that I might by PKed when im out questing or farming, I also like being able to back up my friends when they are getting PKed.

And somthin about watching a level 90+ trap everyone in Hidden Orchid makes me smile because you can truley have power in a PvP server.
  • LadyShiva - Lost City
    LadyShiva - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Today, I learned the hard way exactly what PvP and PvE mean. So...I have no problem with being called a carebear. Carebears are adorable. :D

Oh, and I believe PK is just a way for the gamers to fulfill their juvenile fantasy of dominating the weaker people because they were bullied in junior high. Think about it. Hug a nerd. Someday, he may or may not PK you in a game.
  • juric
    juric Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Just a thought but I think the point of pvping is lost when you equip hp charms. Its not the strongest that wins but sometimes its the one with most charms.
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Oh, and I believe PK is just a way for the gamers to fulfill their juvenile fantasy of dominating the weaker people because they were bullied in junior high. Think about it. Hug a nerd. Someday, he may or may not PK you in a game.

Oh, and I believe someone who stereotype PKer is just a sociopath and a narcissis because they hate anyone who is different from them. Think about it. Put them in re-education centre. Someday, they may or may not go to forum and talking trash.
  • Euclidius - Lost City
    Euclidius - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Pking is an easy solution to problems... CareBears probably sit there for an horu or two "debating" over a solution or about an arguement. Where on the PK servers, its over as quick as it started and if it does take an hour or two.. its what we call a "Good Time!".
  • Chisukie - Lost City
    Chisukie - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Lower levels? When Im red named and PKing, I will atack anyone. 40 levels bellow me or 40 levels above me.
    Yea, beacuse charms costs SOO much *cough*. And I dont use a HP charm for PK, ruins a huge part of the fun.
    Bounded items for the win? And one doll is usely more then enouph to be red for a day or two, if you use them.
    4. Killing a lot of people who use Guardian Angels, leaving you with nothing but a chunk of charm missing (see #2)
    I once fighted a same-level barb, we were both full charmed. The fight went on for more then 20min (I know beacuse I had to re-cast Blazing arrow - twice) In the end we had both spended more then 60k of eachothers HP charms. In the end when I won (all my magic atacks crited in a row<3) We both ended up as very good friends beacuse we both thought it was the best fight ever. And also another point; Theres nothing more fun then someone cursing at you, thinking you actully care.
    ...Or just kill the time while doing WQ? I alweys end up adding more hours though...
    Just no.
    Nixs arnt that bad now with the anti-bleed thing.
    So what? You just called us barbaric.
    9. Losing EXP?
    No.
    10. Because it is fun?
    Yes, and beacuse it matches my characters look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Pking is an easy solution to problems... CareBears probably sit there for an horu or two "debating" over a solution or about an arguement. Where on the PK servers, its over as quick as it started and if it does take an hour or two.. its what we call a "Good Time!".

Or you can just LOL at them to shut them up and make them walk away from you, if someone is being a pain, just make a little fun at them. I do that and it lasted for like... maybe 5-6 mins most at some, then they just walk away xD

PKing would just make them try PKing you right back one way or another. You'll spend a decade fighting with the person your angry at. Now what does that solve? b:chuckle

What problem do people have in a game anyways?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Lower levels? When Im red named and PKing, I will atack anyone. 40 levels bellow me or 40 levels above me.
    Yea, beacuse charms costs SOO much *cough*. And I dont use a HP charm for PK, ruins a huge part of the fun.
    Bounded items for the win? And one doll is usely more then enouph to be red for a day or two, if you use them.
    I once fighted a same-level barb, we were both full charmed. The fight went on for more then 20min (I know beacuse I had to re-cast Blazing arrow - twice) In the end we had both spended more then 60k of eachothers HP charms. In the end when I won (all my magic atacks crited in a row<3) We both ended up as very good friends beacuse we both thought it was the best fight ever. And also another point; Theres nothing more fun then someone cursing at you, thinking you actully care.
    ...Or just kill the time while doing WQ? I alweys end up adding more hours though...
    Just no.
    Nixs arnt that bad now with the anti-bleed thing.
    So what? You just called us barbaric.
    9. Losing EXP?
    No.
    10. Because it is fun?
    Yes, and beacuse it matches my characters look.

Wow, a player that actually has sensible things to say about PvP on PvP servers. b:pleased

The only thing I somewhat disagree with unnecessary PK of chars that are obviously 40 levels below you UNLESS they are red.
  • Chisukie - Lost City
    Chisukie - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Wow, a player that actually has sensible things to say about PvP on PvP servers. b:pleased

The only thing I somewhat disagree with unnecessary PK of chars that are obviously 40 levels below you UNLESS they are red.

Well, to tell the true Im happy so menny camp the 3x areas and not the others. When a 3x dies it loses hardly any charm (Low mp/hp on that level) And they have a really short way to walk back. While then lets say I go and kill a lvl 8x wizard. BAM, there he lost maby like... 8k? on his mp charm and those in that level usely have a doll to not lose exp, also they have to fly a loooong way back to there training spots. So after geting PKed once a 8x can have lost kinda alot off its charms, 1 doll and alot of time. While the little 3x dosn't even lose 3k in total on its charms and like never wear dolls. So to tell the true I think the higher levels should QQ more then the little 3x's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I like to kill lvl 30's, I cant handle people my level
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    And I dont use a HP charm for PK, ruins a huge part of the fun.
    I once fighted a same-level barb, we were both full charmed. The fight went on for more then 20min (I know beacuse I had to re-cast Blazing arrow - twice) In the end we had both spended more then 60k of eachothers HP charms.

Wow, a player that actually has sensible things to say about PvP on PvP servers.

b:shutup
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    For those on PvP servers ----> After FB's b:victoryb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well, to tell the true Im happy so menny camp the 3x areas and not the others. When a 3x dies it loses hardly any charm (Low mp/hp on that level) And they have a really short way to walk back. While then lets say I go and kill a lvl 8x wizard. BAM, there he lost maby like... 8k? on his mp charm and those in that level usely have a doll to not lose exp, also they have to fly a loooong way back to there training spots. So after geting PKed once a 8x can have lost kinda alot off its charms, 1 doll and alot of time. While the little 3x dosn't even lose 3k in total on its charms and like never wear dolls. So to tell the true I think the higher levels should QQ more then the little 3x's.
    I think the point their pointing out is that your taking candy from a baby even in a virtual game and your justifying it by saying they wont mind cause their small anyway. lol

on a side note, hats off to you guys who pvp/pk near your lvl. You got skills and your not afraid of a challenge b:victory You retain a sense of nobility in that carnage and most likely end up being a motivation for excitement and thrills, without the bullying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited September 2009
    Options
    For those on PvP servers ----> After FB's b:victoryb:chuckle

That is really sick. I have a friend on LC who got PK'd by someone in the Squad that did her FB.

It really upset her, she does a lot of PvP herself but under fairer conditions. It was a shock that someone in the squad just turned around and one shotted her just for a laugh. True there is no rule against it and yes she should have done the FB with her Faction, but still that was not called for.

I don't understand the motivation of bullies to destroy players that have absolutely no chance against them.

Why not go around killing lvl1 mob. That is basically the same thing when the level difference is so huge.
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    There is a different between killing a mobs and a player. There are people who take enjoyment from minimizing others'. You should be thankful that they do not act accordingly in the real world, and go to a virtual world which are meant to satisfy exactly these type of people (PVP server) and do that instead. If anyone get upset because of that, it is meant to be so. If people do not get upset of that, they are just an exception that is not intended by the devs.
    No one is taking candy from any baby, the character did that to each other. People really need to distinguish "you" refers to people and "you" refers to their character, now they use both and (perhap intended?) cause confusion.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ilystah wrote: »
    No one is taking candy from any baby, the character did that to each other. People really need to distinguish "you" refers to people and "you" refers to their character, now they use both and (perhap intended?) cause confusion.
    roflcakes. you must be one of those pple thinking thers no one controlling the other characters, no one exists on the other side of the monitor. A robot is a piece of lump without its controller. lol I should start a scam business online using my character, since its my character acting and not me to be responsible b:chuckle "Hey i didnt do it! my character did!"
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That is really sick. I have a friend on LC who got PK'd by someone in the Squad that did her FB.

It really upset her, she does a lot of PvP herself but under fairer conditions. It was a shock that someone in the squad just turned around and one shotted her just for a laugh. True there is no rule against it and yes she should have done the FB with her Faction, but still that was not called for.

I don't understand the motivation of bullies to destroy players that have absolutely no chance against them.

Why not go around killing lvl1 mob. That is basically the same thing when the level difference is so huge.

You are assuming I pk the tabber, Zzzzzz....I pk guildmates...well we all just fight each other for fun b:chuckle

And for the record I do not rpk ---> KOS only
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Mycerinus - Harshlands
    Mycerinus - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    roflcakes. you must be one of those pple thinking there no one controlling the other characters, no one exists on the other side of the monitor. A robot is a piece of lump without its controller. lol I should start a scam business online using my character, since its my character acting and not me to be responsible b:chuckle "Hey i didnt do it! my character did!"

PLZ STFU IT IS A GAME

so what if someone uses their char to kill your char , get over it .I dont give a **** how someone feels if I pked their char , if they get upset over some petty **** like that then they need to re-evaluate their life seriously. I honestly can't see why ppl get upset about being pked. Also pking each other after FBs is like a tradition for me. Its all in fun and it doesn't do any harm (unless your red and drop something lol)
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You are assuming I pk the tabber, Zzzzzz....I pk guildmates...well we all just fight each other for fun b:chuckle

And for the record I do not rpk ---> KOS only

Thx for clarifying. I think this is how it should be done. b:pleased

PvP should be fun and challenging, not a place to get solace from personal RL inferiorities by repeatedly ganking low levels to upset them.
  • Mycerinus - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Thx for clarifying. I think this is how it should be done. b:pleased

PvP should be fun and challenging, not a place to get solace from personal RL inferiorities by repeatedly ganking low levels to upset them.

Oddly enough i agree , i find repeated ganking to be just lame as **** . I do one sweep in some areas and try not repeat kills lol ( yes i pk lvs 30-55 , so what?)
    edited September 2009
    Options
    PLZ STFU IT IS A GAME

so what if someone uses their char to kill your char , get over it .I dont give a **** how someone feels if I pked their char , if they get upset over some petty **** like that then they need to re-evaluate their life seriously. I honestly can't see why ppl get upset about being pked. Also pking each other after FBs is like a tradition for me. Its all in fun and it doesn't do any harm (unless your red and drop something lol)

Well doesn't someone have anger management issues b:chuckle

Like it or not there is a person at the other end of the char. If you don't care that there are people that get upset and still do it knowing you are purposely upsetting them that shows something about you as a person.

My friend did get upset because she did not expect the squad members to turn against her. Not only that one of the A-hole squad members ran off with one of the rare drops even though she was assured that she would get all drops.

I think what actually hurt was the squad members she thought were becoming her friends and that she could trust actually weren't.
  • Mycerinus - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Honestly **** happens tho , and if she is on a pvp server thats kind of her fault in the first place. The point i was making is that i dont feel for ppl who get upset over a game because I find that sad. If it where some RL issue I would feel different. not to sound like an **** but i dont have time to consider most of other ppls feelings in a game , unless they are a friend or guildmate. ( i dont play much anyway and wont untill the new classes come out). and btw im mostly a very passive person.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    PLZ STFU IT IS A GAME

HAHA chill b:chuckle your getting hyped up over wordsb:laugh hothead much
This discussion has been closed.