Most likely to b the third power

Comments

• Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    In regards of rumors saying that Regicide was trying to "protect" Legendary, you're mistaken. Firstly that's fake bidding and is not welcome in our faction, it clearly violates the Terms of Service. We are highly competitive, but at the same time value our morals and reputation.

As for bidding on Legendary, our intentions have always been clear, "Restore the balances of power." There needs to be checks and balances applied to prevent either Nefarious or Legendary to swallow the entire map, and I can only acclaim that any legitimate faction are more than welcome to do as they like, we are not your enemy, just some fellow competitors. When one approach does not work, we looked for an alternative route. You've got to be flexible, when new components are introduced to TW, the only thing you can do is adjust to that accordingly.

I'm well aware attacking either Nefarious or Legendary may detriment our cause in balancing the powers. If one super power subsides and collapses, it leaves only one super power to seize everything, those are not our intentions. I'd only like to consolidate a position on the map, and establish a third factor in the checks and balances.

As far as communication goes, I have personally spoke with xAsch, Heleina/boynoxtduh, Milari, Akasera and Falls(prior leader of Nefarious) regarding my intentions. I'll admit I have not spoken to Recluse/Outlaw, one reason may be that I had not recognized them as viable TW factions until recently, but what I did do was speak with the factions that participated in TW regularly. In fact after leadership had changed in several factions, I heard very little from the new leadership. I do agree, far enough from the fact, that if there is a large enemy, you'll need to work together in order to defeat them. If there are two reigning guilds, then it's only natural that smaller guilds will obviously try to take them down. If you'd like to converse with me regarding TW, you're more than welcome to contact me, the best way to reach me is in-game.

Regicide does not have any alliances. We have been offered support from outside factions but have respectfully declined, we prefer to be self-reliant. Although we have attacked alongside Legendary, we were not allies, we just had a common goal.

In response to bidding, outbidding is common when multiple competitors desire something in common. So getting outbid should not be taken personally, after all competition exists everywhere. You could call us opportunists; we do like to wait until the last minute to analyze and construe our options. I'd actually prefer it if the server had the spark and competition it once had when the server opened.

Thats why I like ya as a leader man. Nicely said :)
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    There are lots of Legendary lands that are not being bid on. There is no possible motive for a last minute surprise bid, other than to keep that faction out of TW. When this happens to the third or fouth strongest faction on the server, it raises questions.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    There are lots of Legendary lands that are not being bid on. There is no possible motive for a last minute surprise bid, other than to keep that faction out of TW. When this happens to the third or fouth strongest faction on the server, it raises questions.

That's true, there are plenty of lands to bid on; however, the way time slotting works for TW, only three factions may attack a faction together at any given time slot. The importance of attacking anywhere else on the map is negligible, we don't foresee us being able to take any of the two reigning guilds alone.

We do not intend to keep any faction out of TW, we just had a strategical interest in the land Recluse had bid on. We did not force you out of TW, you do have the ability to rebid if you're outbid. If we wanted a strong chance of consolidating a position on the map, we'd have to pair up with the attacks in that specific time slot.

There are many reasons why people wait to bid at the last minute. It gives you an ample representation of which factions attack together on certain days, and lets you acknowledge where your bid would fit your attack onto those given time slots.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Shinome - Sanctuary
    Shinome - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Destroy/bid on Legendary will just help Nefarious conquer the map easierb:shocked
    1 color on the map if that is what u meant "balancing power"
  • Niteblade - Sanctuary
    Niteblade - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Destroy/bid on Legendary will just help Nefarious conquer the map easierb:shocked
    1 color on the map if that is what u meant "balancing power"

destroy/bid on nef will still bring the same result: one-color map..
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This argument is becoming redundant and stale.

It has been repeatedly reviewed over and dissected, from all angles, with the aformentioned end results.

Territory Wars are a competition. Those who are strongest survive. Those who rise to power consume those currently in power. In such a case where the map is split in two, factions MUST bid on one or the other in order to gain sufficient experience and knowledge for any hope in succeeding in gaining a territory or more.

Those who bid on one or the other really should NOT be scrutinized, or blamed that they 'dislike', 'hate' or have a vendetta against that particular faction. This subject is merely a source of bland discussion out of boredom and speculation, and should have been ended a long time ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Destroying/wiping factions is not a stated goal at all lol. Besides, Nef/Leg didn't start on the server with 20+ lands each, they all started at ground 0, and had to take land from other factions which got them to that point.

If we get claim from Nef, doesn't mean we aren't able to attack Leg, or vice versa

Also I want to add, on the Heaven's Tear server, there are 5-6 different guilds equally powerful as Nef/Leg with only 8 lands or less lands. The amount of lands a faction has shouldn't affect the strength of the faction. It should be the personality and reputation of the faction that draws members in.

~Dan

edited July 2009
    Jesus Dan, your 97 already? your a machine...do you ever sleep? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

• Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It should be the personality and reputation of the faction that draws members in.

~Dan

That sounds strangely true >_>
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Jesus Dan, your 97 already? your a machine...do you ever sleep? b:shocked

Sleep?... What is sleep? b:cute

• Venomeow - Sanctuary
    Venomeow - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Sleep is something Dan doesn't do with girls. b:chuckle

Bidding on lands by any faction is done in the interest of that faction. The leader/officers decide to bid so that they can benefit their own faction.

Random speculations and assumptions are not necessary. b:victory
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The way things are going, I'll predict Legendary as the third power. Slots one and two will be occupied by Nef.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Venomeow - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Honored, but I think 1 faction can only occupy 1 power o_O

And so far its Nefarious, Legendary, and ____<--up for discussion.
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Without question Regicide is far and away the most plausible contender for 3rd place on the server. Outlaw, Dreaming, Recluse, Validus, none of them even come close. The turning point on Sanctuary's TW map will come when 3 factions (that don't include either Legendary or Nefarious) can mount an attack on either of those dominant powers and be successful. It doesn't really count if you're just riding coattails. (cough Dreaming few weeks ago cough).

Of course this is speaking from a strictly numeric perspective - you can't quantify loyalty, love, hamsups or lulz. b:victory
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    The way things are going, I'll predict Legendary as the third power. Slots one and two will be occupied by Nef.

Slot one Nef Slot two Eminence?

• Venomeow - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Makes no sense either way, as Legendary is already the other power.

-stalked dan-
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Well, I really only meant that while Leg seems t be dealing with some transition issues, Nef is well on their way to having over twice as much of the map as Leg.

I had not thought about the possibilities of what Nef could do with a real sub-faction (whether that is what Eminence is or not, they could start such a thing). Given the track record of "loyalty" among TW players, if Nef suddenly had more room for members (and could coordinate membership across two or more factions) without running afoul of the fake bidding issues, they really could take up multiple slots.

Lycanthar, I disagree about the turning point. The real turning point will be when a third faction can expect to hold any land they gain. That means being able to defend with a high likelihood of the battle being 1-on-1 with one of the major powers. While that remains out of reach, I often wonder what all of the scheming to win land through favorable time slots is really supposed to accomplish. The morale boost of winning land is surely offset by the damage of losing it the next week in a more lopsided battle. I've seen how crushing it can be to go from "Yay, we are doing great." to "OMG, they wiped us out like a low level FB." The experience of learning how to fight may be the goal, but it seems like a clever leader would want to keep cranking up the expected competition, not trying to face the B- team every week. After all, the goal isn't to beat the B- team, it is to hold off the A team for 3 hours.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Well, I really only meant that while Leg seems t be dealing with some transition issues, Nef is well on their way to having over twice as much of the map as Leg.

I had not thought about the possibilities of what Nef could do with a real sub-faction (whether that is what Eminence is or not, they could start such a thing). Given the track record of "loyalty" among TW players, if Nef suddenly had more room for members (and could coordinate membership across two or more factions) without running afoul of the fake bidding issues, they really could take up multiple slots.

Lycanthar, I disagree about the turning point. The real turning point will be when a third faction can expect to hold any land they gain. That means being able to defend with a high likelihood of the battle being 1-on-1 with one of the major powers. While that remains out of reach, I often wonder what all of the scheming to win land through favorable time slots is really supposed to accomplish. The morale boost of winning land is surely offset by the damage of losing it the next week in a more lopsided battle. I've seen how crushing it can be to go from "Yay, we are doing great." to "OMG, they wiped us out like a low level FB." The experience of learning how to fight may be the goal, but it seems like a clever leader would want to keep cranking up the expected competition, not trying to face the B- team every week. After all, the goal isn't to beat the B- team, it is to hold off the A team for 3 hours.

Or quite the contrary, the winning of land offsets the prior losses, and from there put out more firepower each week until it's plausible to reach the goal of beating the A team.

Obviously if you can't beat the B- Team you're not going to beat the A team. Take it one step at a time... the fundamental goal is to beat the B- Team and get stronger, and eventually beat the A team. Powers won't emerge out of no where and miraculously beat the A team without a sweat, it takes time, effort, and organization to reach the top.

~Dan

• Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Couldn't agree more. Y'all would do well to listen when TheDan talks about TW.

The turning point I was describing has 3 strong factions coordinating attacks on either Nefarious of Legendary each week, with at least 1 of those 3 factions taking land every single week. It doesn't matter if the they lose that land the very next week if they're taking a new one anyway. If that were possible, I think it would encourage more and more competitors to enter the arena and break this months old tedium that is Sanctuary TW.
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Venomeow - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Couldn't agree more. Y'all would do well to listen when TheDan talks about TW.

The turning point I was describing has 3 strong factions coordinating attacks on either Nefarious of Legendary each week, with at least 1 of those 3 factions taking land every single week. It doesn't matter if the they lose that land the very next week if they're taking a new one anyway. If that were possible, I think it would encourage more and more competitors to enter the arena and break this months old tedium that is Sanctuary TW.

-points at Dreaming- They got land yeah?

200mil maxbidbomb. No more land. 3 strong factions, even with 1 winning land, will be hard to put up a fight with a superpower the following week that's more than happy to dump 200 mil for free land.
    edited July 2009

200mil maxbidbomb. No more land. 3 strong factions, even with 1 winning land, will be hard to put up a fight with a superpower the following week that's more than happy to dump 200 mil for free land.

lawl

/10char

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Technically nef just gave up on the land dreaming got to fight LG so we cant say dreaming got it out of "sheer skill and hard work". But in the case that they or any other faction actually did, and even if the bigger fac dumped 200M on them the following week, that would cause some kind of growing movement.

If say by chance it wasnt Dreaming, but Regi that got that 1 land back then, it might have actually started something due to their on going actions and history for the past few months in TW, regardless of whether the land might have been a 'given sacrifice'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Technically nef just gave up on the land dreaming got to fight LG

Wrong. Get your facts straight.b:cute
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Venomeow - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Agree ^

If say by chance it wasnt Dreaming, but Regi that got that 1 land back then, it might have actually started something due to their on going actions and history for the past few months in TW, regardless of whether the land might have been a 'given sacrifice'

Also wrong, would not survive a 200mil bidbomb which would present most likely a 1v1 situation. b:cute
    edited July 2009
    Wrong. Get your facts straight.b:cute
    or someone else i forgot already. Dont post if all your trying to attain is stamping down on others post, and not offering facts that you quoted said to be wrong. If i did that ill be have more than 1000posts a day. All i remember is dreaming saying they saw 15or so nefs and like a veno pulling the hay filled cart lol.........man i cant remember
    Also wrong, would not survive a 200mil bidbomb which would present most likely a 1v1 situation. b:cute
    good lord blind person read my post more carefully before you embarrass yourself. You dont have to explode a lake to cause a ripple in the water.
    Technically nef just gave up on the land dreaming got to fight LG so we cant say dreaming got it out of "sheer skill and hard work". But in the case that they or any other faction actually did, and even if the bigger fac dumped 200M on them the following week,(and for the simple minds, this means their gonna loose most likely, its more the psychology than the actual win/loss gain) that would cause some kind of growing movement.

★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Venomeow - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    1. Don't accuse Holy of stamping, we were both in Nef when it happened. The reason for not presenting facts to back it up is a matter of loyalty and keeping the facts where they belong.

2. Excuse me? Trying to start a flame war? My point was that if a faction somehow got land, Dreaming or other, they would be max bidded, and lose that land. The so said psychology that would bring is just a bunch of random factions trying to get land for a week, which is not really a cause for a growing movement.
    edited July 2009
    1. Don't accuse Holy of stamping, we were both in Nef when it happened. The reason for not presenting facts to back it up is a matter of loyalty and keeping the facts where they belong.
    Then why do you expect unpresented facts to be straightened out by another person out of the faction, if the facts are kept disclosed?
    2. Excuse me? Trying to start a flame war?(how your trying to twist this into a flame war is beyond my logic...) My point was that if a faction somehow got land, Dreaming or other, they would be max bidded, and lose that land. The so said psychology that would bring is just a bunch of random factions trying to get land for a week, which is not really a cause for a growing movement.
    I would completely agree with you on this if this were other menial factions. But. I will have to assume you dont have much TW history for the last past 6-7 months because you dont seem to understand why I used Regicide as a specific example...

With that said, chill out, you sound like youd jump an old woman for sneezing on you.
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The so said psychology that would bring is just a bunch of random factions trying to get land for a week, which is not really a cause for a growing movement.

rofl,Venoman b:chuckle
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Bring back Seppuku. Lolololololololololololololol.
  • satown
    satown Posts: 9
    edited July 2009
    All i know is that there is gonna be no change of any sort for a while we all know this but wat can u do but sit back relax and try and pick a favorite color red or orange so the map can be more pleasing to the eye