Most likely to b the third power

riddiculus
riddiculus Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
ok soo out of boredom.. i just want to know you sanctuarian's thought on this.. If there is to b a third 'power' faction on the map (n i mean not just for 1 week lol).. who dyu think will hav the best chance to do so? eg.Regicide, Outlaw...etc etc

n oh yeah.. existing faction only pls b:chuckle n serious reply pls b:thanks
Post edited by riddiculus on

Comments

• slymeria
    slymeria Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    best bet wouldve been when rebirth/ravenous was around. shame the only good guilds apart from the 2 superpowers fell apart...
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    slymeria wrote: »
    best bet wouldve been when rebirth/ravenous was around. shame the only good guilds apart from the 2 superpowers fell apart...

If I am not mistaken he asked about serious replysb:chuckle

I think Outlaw will have a big chance this week, Recluse as well.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think Recluse will be the #3 power. I just dont believe Outlaw's sudden surge in recruits to be "loyal" but im not in that guild so its just my speculation. Regicide for some reason, some of their members left to join Nef and others just left outright im kinda dissapointed at how its turned out for them maybe they can rebuild again.
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    No one.

Disorganization, ego, and biased decision making runs rampant in most of the TW factions.

No one has been able to pull their heads out of their asses and shape up in order to put real pressure on the map. 'Loyalty' is scarce to come by, as I see the people jumping factions every week, for whatever their reasons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I dont know who is the 3rd strongest. But, chances are no one else will join the TW map.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I doubt Outlaw's surge will last. If there's a third power, it would be either Regicide, Recluse, and perhaps Validus.

Btw, Nef, Outlaw, and Recluse are attacking Leg within 3 minutes of each other. Really bad luck for Leg, they'll have to fight strong guilds on multiple fronts. Regicide tried and failed to outbid Recluse, in order to protect Leg. As a result, they weren't able to attack Nef, so no pressure on them.
  • riddiculus
    edited July 2009
    okok.. so i said IF there was to be a third lol...i can understand why a lot of ppl would think there would never b a third...b:chuckle
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    No one.

Disorganization, ego, and biased decision making runs rampant in most of the TW factions.

No one has been able to pull their heads out of their asses and shape up in order to put real pressure on the map. 'Loyalty' is scarce to come by, as I see the people jumping factions every week, for whatever their reasons.
    This. Same. Countless, COUNTLESS attemps to be 3rd power we've seen only to have the players end up getting tired and back in neg or lg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Btw, Nef, Outlaw, and Recluse are attacking Leg within 3 minutes of each other. Really bad luck for Leg, they'll have to fight strong guilds on multiple fronts. Regicide tried and failed to outbid Recluse, in order to protect Leg. As a result, they weren't able to attack Nef, so no pressure on them.

Nef 8:00, Outlaw 8:03 and Recluse 8:06

Really the worst possible grouping but I haven't lost optimism. Also I think you misconstrue Regicide's intentions. While they did overbid, they were trying to get a favorable spot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Its simple it'll be Regicide, if not for irl stuff I would of joined Regicide for TW.
  • scridon
    scridon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Apparently people feel sorry for Leg. For some strange reason a lot of the people who joined seemed to think it wise to attack Nef. Anyway, many of them have left already, not a big surprise really.b:laugh

I am happy to go back to what we had and perhaps plus a few extras who will stick it through.

I just hope that one day any third faction will rise and make things a bit more interesting. I tried, and hasn't been to successful. Was worth a shot I guess but I doubt I will artificially grow Outlaw like this again. Live and learn I suppose.

Good luck everybody.

"I told you so."
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This. Same. Countless, COUNTLESS attemps to be 3rd power we've seen only to have the players end up getting tired and back in neg or lg.

Yes you are right,I've just tried it,some ex-nefs did too and we learned that we don't have any1 to work with,every1 just goes for the weaker side instead of trying to steadily attack both and do whatever it's needed to keep balance up and slowly try to squeeze in.

I am back in legendary,and I shall stay there and fight nef or any1, no matter if we loose lands , I won't leave till the last land or till the day I'll quit(yes even if I don't have much or no late game desire I'll still be logging for TWs mby even if I don't log on week time at all).
  • scridon
    scridon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yes you are right,I've just tried it,some ex-nefs did too and we learned that we don't have any1 to work with,every1 just goes for the weaker side instead of trying to steadily attack both and do whatever it's needed to keep balance up and slowly try to squeeze in.

I am back in legendary,and I shall stay there and fight nef or any1, no matter if we loose lands , I won't leave till the last land or till the day I'll quit(yes even if I don't have much or no late game desire I'll still be logging for TWs mby even if I don't log on week time at all).

You didn't try very hard, you were around for 1.5 weeks and then left even before bid this week. What you and many people don't seem to understand is that for any guild to grow anywhere near the power that is Nef and Leg is for them to have land. As much as I don't like it, people flock to the winning side(s) and the winning sides are the ones with land. If any guild hopes to grow and take on Nef at any point in time, they need people who are decent lvl and are active and ready for TW. The only other route for any other guild to rise up is to wait untill the majority of the faction and server are at 90+.

You have to also understand "opportunity," Legendary and Nefarious saw opportunity many months ago, and they capitalised on it.

Attacking one guild 2 weeks in a row as Outlaw has done doesn't mean that that is the way things will always be. But Of course after 1.5-2 weeks you all seem to think otherwise.
  • TameThat - Sanctuary
    TameThat - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The reason why Regicide was overbidding that territory was for the time slot. Also you guys need to understand that after the regular time for bidding, you can't bid on any other territory. Recluse is protecting Legendary, nothing else. If they are not, they just did a really bad move.
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

Mystical Tome (h ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250862)
    AOE Grinding with Venomancer (h ttp://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Guide_to_AOE_Grinding_With_Venomancer)
  • riddiculus
    edited July 2009
    The reason why Regicide was overbidding that territory was for the time slot. Also you guys need to understand that after the regular time for bidding, you can't bid on any other territory. Recluse is protecting Legendary, nothing else. If they are not, they just did a really bad move.

i dont think anyone is protecting anybody... i hope not cos datll b sad...

anyway i think i shuldve done a poll lol... the answers are getting sidetracked xD
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Tamethat, please hold off the wild assumptions.

We bidded about an hour or two before the end of bidding, in the last 10 minutes Regicide(Who has only declared war on Nef until now) bidded over us. We overbid them once then they overbidded once again.

We changed to the only other open territory, this time LIONSOUL outbid us, we tried once more, outbid again. We switched back to regicide and managed a high bid just before the end.

What was our bad move?, a faction of 70+'s actually bothering to try change the map. Instead of sitting back, crying about it or selling out and joining one of land owners.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Haraku - Harshlands
    Haraku - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I vote that whatever faction Alaxana is in will win. The end.b:bye
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Recluse trying to save Leg LOL, that is some sad propaganda being thrown around now a days.
  • TameThat - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Tamethat, please hold off the wild assumptions.

We bidded about an hour or two before the end of bidding, in the last 10 minutes Regicide(Who has only declared war on Nef until now) bidded over us. We overbid them once then they overbidded once again.

We changed to the only other open territory, this time LIONSOUL outbid us, we tried once more, outbid again. We switched back to regicide and managed a high bid just before the end.

What was our bad move?, a faction of 70+'s actually bothering to try change the map. Instead of sitting back, crying about it or selling out and joining one of land owners.

Lol 70+ ? You're gonna have to scroll down to the bottom of the faction list to see my name. I'm part of the lowest level of my faction.

Also Recluse hasn't shown they could make a change on the map yet, which Regicide did.
    Recluse trying to save Leg LOL, that is some sad propaganda being thrown around now a days.

Are you so afraid to reveal your in-game name ?
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

AOE Grinding with Venomancer (h ttp://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Guide_to_AOE_Grinding_With_Venomancer)
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think TameThat has some ego issues to work out. If Regicide were planning to attack LG this week why bid so late and over another strong faction. Outlaw and Nef laid down their bids before us so you could have easily bid then.

A move like the Dan made is very suspicious.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • AkioHikaru - Sanctuary
    AkioHikaru - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Recluse saving Leg, that is indeed sad propaganda.

In regards to Regicide being the 3rd superpower, I was there to support consolidating "Rebirth" with them. "Rebirth" was falling apart and we could not provide adequate TW for our members. Instead of loosing more of our members due to frustration failing week after week, it just seemed logical to do so. I myself decided that I was burned out of doing TW and created a small faction to take a break from it. Now I'm in Recluse for a number of reasons.

Personally I do not like the idea of Regicide, nor any faction, being an ally to either Nef or Leg. Sooner or later it would only spell misfortune.

I want to see numerous factions taking ownership of the map, new allies and new drama. For the past two weeks members of Recluse have had hopes that Outlaw would remain strong and Regicide could finally take ownership of some land themselves. As it stood it only made sense for Regicide to attack Leg instead of beating their head against the wall...again too familiar to "Rebirth" week after week. I know after the fact that Regicide wanted our time slot, but had not told Queen in advance of what they were doing. Had we known we would have probably given it to them because they were the strongest of the 3 attackers

Of course we want land, but its more important to change the map first.

Will things change short term? I seriously doubt it. There are too many sell outs offering to fill vacancies in Nef or Leg. There just simply aren't enough people with pride willing to make a difference. I've been asked "How can you have pride in a video game?" My response is "How can you have an ego?"

Long term though I believe as the thousands of players advance toward 90+ and the level gap/gear closes, things will become harder for Nef and Leg to hold dear to what they possess. People in all these 90000000 factions I see WC for recruitment will become bored, want war and willing to consolidate. My hopes are that when that time comes, factions like Regicide, Outlaw, Recluse, Shockwave, Amplified and so on will be ready.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Lol 70+ ? You're gonna have to scroll down to the bottom of the faction list to see my name. I'm part of the lowest level of my faction.

Also Recluse hasn't shown they could make a change on the map yet, which Regicide did.

Are you so afraid to reveal your in-game name ?

You still havent proved ur point in Recluse saving Leg, nice try to twist it around on me but you know its more then a lil uncalled for saying Recluse is doing something with no proof. Its like people saying Regicide is getting paid by Legendary to tw but they arent. How would u like if it we said Tamethat likes to bot and ks with no basis on it but my "feeling" that u are, wouldnt that be unfair? I keep my in game name secret cause i dont need to get credit for anything, it gives users a choice to dismiss my statements or to check it out themselves and thats good enough.
  • Serashra - Sanctuary
    Serashra - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    What people fail to see is that supporting the faction that has the edge will do nothing to change the map, at least not the way you want. Faced with 3 strong attacks, Leg did the logical thing; they conceded Nef, and made sure they killed the two other attacks rather than risk multiple losses. If the server's solution to the current lack of color on the map is to simply feed the larger color more land, I fail to see where it stands to gain.

Asian servers and Lost City have already proven it's more than feasible for one faction to hold a map if they want and the server lets them. Level gaps may close, but gear>level, and no faction can hope to compete with the refines and shards that a map dominating faction will field across its entire collective thanks to the income, plus the huge advanatge of lv6 apoth meds, plus charm costs. Further, for the same reason that the server is going after Leg atm, so too will Nef (and Emi, for that matter) just keep reloading at the expense of all opposition. Those expressing the desire to stand against the status quo make up the minority, basic human nature is to seek the path of least resistance, which means joining the dominant faction (in this case Nef) for $$$, late game content, validation, whatever. As is, unless you work on tearing both factions down at the same time, you merely change a two headed dragon for a single behemoth.
  • TameThat - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Personally I do not like the idea of Regicide, nor any faction, being an ally to either Nef or Leg. Sooner or later it would only spell misfortune.

Actually Regicide is not allied with either Legendary or Nefarious. It's more that we like less Nefarious then Legendary.
    Of course we want land, but its more important to change the map first.

And you expect a land change by taking Regicide spot ?
    I know after the fact that Regicide wanted our time slot, but had not told Queen in advance of what they were doing

I could say the exact same thing from our side ... nobody in the faction knew why Recluse was overbidding with such arrogance. You have to understand that Recluse is still smaller then Regicide. If you want something to happen leave the big faction get an attack.
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

edited July 2009
    Wow....TameThat, are you Regicide's spokesperson?

My how things have changed since I left.

TW is about bidding, it is the name of the game. If you knew your Leader, TheDan at all, he is one of the few on this server that has mastered that game. He is the King of Last Minute Bidding.

Also, I think it is unwise for you to claim that Regicide dislikes Nefarious more than Legendary. You are not the spokesperson, you do not know the opinions and views of EVERYONE, and I know damn full and well if I were in Regicide, Id have a major issue with your comments. Im sure a few people arent happy about it right now either.

And Recluse, and any other faction can do whatever they like. Regicide doesnt get special treatment and allowed passage to fight over anyone else. Got outbidded? Oh well, pay attention next time. Thats how TW bidding goes.

I'd say let TheDan or one of Regicide officers speak on behalf of the faction.

Lastly....COMMUNICATION PEOPLE. Is it REALLY that hard?! Faction leaders should discuss amongst themselves, if they want to work together. *facepalm*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

• TameThat - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    We don't really have a spoke personn and I've never heard any faction having one. For the fact that most member like less Nefarious, it's based on the large number of conversation that I have seen going about Nefarious. You should also re-read what I said. I said "like less", not dislike. If you where actually gonna ask in faction chat, the tough people have about Nefarious vs Legendary, it would go more on Legendary side. Last TW didn't help at all for Nefarious reputation since they where just trying to **** us off. This doesn't mean we hate or dislike Nefarious.

Also this isn't a leader only thread. Member of different faction can exchange their tough about the way TW bidding went.
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

• AkioHikaru - Sanctuary
    AkioHikaru - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Tame, at the very least you could do if you copy a quote, make sure to include the entire quote. Do not try to pick apart something to turn something in your favor.

As for that time slot being exclusively for Regicide, that was our original bid land. Re-read what I said about where we would have given up that land if we had known Dan was going to do that. Don't talk about arrogance, because bidding over us without communication was a slap in the face.

Risen is correct..communication IS key to doing anything, whether it being on the job, at school and yes..in game.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    In regards of rumors saying that Regicide was trying to "protect" Legendary, you're mistaken. Firstly that's fake bidding and is not welcome in our faction, it clearly violates the Terms of Service. We are highly competitive, but at the same time value our morals and reputation.

As for bidding on Legendary, our intentions have always been clear, "Restore the balances of power." There needs to be checks and balances applied to prevent either Nefarious or Legendary to swallow the entire map, and I can only acclaim that any legitimate faction are more than welcome to do as they like, we are not your enemy, just some fellow competitors. When one approach does not work, we looked for an alternative route. You've got to be flexible, when new components are introduced to TW, the only thing you can do is adjust to that accordingly.

I'm well aware attacking either Nefarious or Legendary may detriment our cause in balancing the powers. If one super power subsides and collapses, it leaves only one super power to seize everything, those are not our intentions. I'd only like to consolidate a position on the map, and establish a third factor in the checks and balances.

As far as communication goes, I have personally spoke with xAsch, Heleina/boynoxtduh, Milari, Akasera and Falls(prior leader of Nefarious) regarding my intentions. I'll admit I have not spoken to Recluse/Outlaw, one reason may be that I had not recognized them as viable TW factions until recently, but what I did do was speak with the factions that participated in TW regularly. In fact after leadership had changed in several factions, I heard very little from the new leadership. I do agree, far enough from the fact, that if there is a large enemy, you'll need to work together in order to defeat them. If there are two reigning guilds, then it's only natural that smaller guilds will obviously try to take them down. If you'd like to converse with me regarding TW, you're more than welcome to contact me, the best way to reach me is in-game.

Regicide does not have any alliances. We have been offered support from outside factions but have respectfully declined, we prefer to be self-reliant. Although we have attacked alongside Legendary, we were not allies, we just had a common goal.

In response to bidding, outbidding is common when multiple competitors desire something in common. So getting outbid should not be taken personally, after all competition exists everywhere. You could call us opportunists; we do like to wait until the last minute to analyze and construe our options. I'd actually prefer it if the server had the spark and competition it once had when the server opened.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
    edited July 2009
    In regards of rumors saying that Regicide was trying to "protect" Legendary, you're mistaken. Firstly that's fake bidding and is not welcome in our faction, it clearly violates the Terms of Service. We are highly competitive, but at the same time value our morals and reputation.

As for bidding on Legendary, our intentions have always been clear, "Restore the balances of power." There needs to be checks and balances applied to prevent either Nefarious or Legendary to swallow the entire map, and I can only acclaim that any legitimate faction are more than welcome to do as they like, we are not your enemy, just some fellow competitors. When one approach does not work, we looked for an alternative route. You've got to be flexible, when new components are introduced to TW, the only thing you can do is adjust to that accordingly.

I'm well aware attacking either Nefarious or Legendary may detriment our cause in balancing the powers. If one super power subsides and collapses, it leaves only one super power to seize everything, those are not our intentions. I'd only like to consolidate a position on the map, and establish a third factor in the checks and balances.

As far as communication goes, I have personally spoke with xAsch, Heleina/boynoxtduh, Milari, Akasera and Falls(prior leader of Nefarious) regarding my intentions. I'll admit I have not spoken to Recluse/Outlaw, one reason may be that I had not recognized them as viable TW factions until recently, but what I did do was speak with the factions that participated in TW regularly. In fact after leadership had changed in several factions, I heard very little from the new leadership. I do agree, far enough from the fact, that if there is a large enemy, you'll need to work together in order to defeat them. If there are two reigning guilds, then it's only natural that smaller guilds will obviously try to take them down. If you'd like to converse with me regarding TW, you're more than welcome to contact me, the best way to reach me is in-game.

Regicide does not have any alliances. We have been offered support from outside factions but have respectfully declined, we prefer to be self-reliant. Although we have attacked alongside Legendary, we were not allies, we just had a common goal.

In response to bidding, outbidding is common when multiple competitors desire something in common. So getting outbid should not be taken personally, after all competition exists everywhere. You could call us opportunists; we do like to wait until the last minute to analyze and construe our options.I'd actually prefer it if the server had the spark and competition it once had when the server opened.

I couldn't agree more

• Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    In my opinions those are the top 10 factions atm:

Nefarious, Legendary, Outlaw, Recluse, Dreaming, Balance, Regicide, Audeamus, D Gamers, LIONSOUL.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden