Rate the Signature Above You!

Comments

• Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Changed my sig...yet again, this time done in GIMP rather than Picasa! As I wanted to give it a shot and Picasa was just becoming too "Dumb guide to media editing" I know my current sig isn't all that GIMP is capable of but I wanted to get a sig out quick and this took me about an hour and a half >_> so rate please!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why did you resize it like that? D: I think it would look good if you have kept the proportions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
    edited April 2013
    Why did you resize it like that? D: I think it would look good if you have kept the proportions

I didn't know how to =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    I didn't know how to =/

Ahh you triggered my tutorial mode! D:

1. First of all you should be working in layers. In your case 5 of them (2 char pics, background, name, server). That way if you need to change anything you can do it easly withough effecting the other parts.

2. Make back-ups. By that I mean simply duplicating the layer when you do some progress on it (ex. removing background). That way if you mess something up later on you don't need to remove background all over again. Click the eye icon in the layer menu for the back-up layers so they are not on the way. (make sure you have the right layer selected though, not the back up one... happens to me all the time D:)

3. Scaling. Say you already have the elements you will be using (char with no backround for ex.). Make another image in the size of signature and add a transparent layer. Make a selection of the character and copy it there. Leave the pasted layer floating and use scale tool. There is a chain-like icon next to width/height. If you click the chain it will merge, which means the propotions of the image will remain the same when you scale it. If you want to scale height/width separately, click the chain again. After you scale it, move it to the desired spot and anchor it by clicking somewhere off the selection or right click the layer and Anchor. It will merge with the transparent one.

4. If you wish to move/scale it further, just use one of the selection tools so you have only the image selected. If you scale/move the entire layer it will shrink your working space.

I put the part you didn't know about in bold as I happened to write more then I meant to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    4.5/5

I love everything except the font :3
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    22/7

Because a math sig deserves a math rating... also it quotes me so that's always a plus!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    22/7

Because a math sig deserves a math rating... also it quotes me so that's always a plus!

I posted more 5th grade math and you didn't partake :(

5/5

Best sig ever.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • FieryBlade - Harshlands
    FieryBlade - Harshlands Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    3/5 too much mathb:cryb:surrender

[SIGPIC]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/502x102q90/690/fierybladesigna.png[/SIGPIC]

Sig made by me f:sneakyf:despise

I don't have a bad attitude, I just have a personality you don't like
    edited April 2013
    Rate again please~
    I do realize it's not the best buuuuuuuuuut I was experimenting with a few things I do like it but I dislike some elements of it, if anyone has some tips I'd be glad to listen, I'd like to get up to making sigs like Nariin or Fiery asap :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    3/5

i like the background and stuff but it'd be better if the font was centered and if the server name was smaller
    [SIGPIC]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/502x102q90/690/fierybladesigna.png[/SIGPIC]

• XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    2/5, honestly I liked the forest one better
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I. Hate. Sudden. Borders. That. Aren't. Actually. There. In. Your. PSD. file. But. Appear. After. Resizing.

So much. f:fume

@SonOfCirce

Solid work by Silvy there. I feel like the font could use some more distance to the borders though. Besides that, really a good signature. But doesn't make me want to say "Wow, that's epic" either ._.

3.5/5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Haha, agreed about Circe's signature, it's nothing special really. Though I can't see a problem with the placement of the writing and the border, that's quite like it should be imho. x3 Think I owe him a proper signature /future memo

Anyway, haven't rated any signatures in aeons it seems!

Xainou:

Overall a clean signature, nice rendering; but it looks too crowded. Plus I'm kinda getting tired of seeing pop-out signatures as it seems like almost everyone and their brother has one xD
    But that's just me b:chuckle

For the mini background I'd probably have used something more subtle instead of a simple screenshot (an less distracting abstract bg for example). Plus added either rounded borders and/or another border so it does look a bit more 'closed' in itself.
    The idea with having a close-up of the face in the background however is nice; I'd use the normal render on a different mini bg for that.

To the renders; the border of the full-body one kills the 'pop-out' effect below via the breach of transparency.
    Further, it's debatable whether you really need the full bow on there as well; a waist-up shot instead of the full body render showing only a part of that bow could of probably worked. Disregarding this I'd move the full-body render a bit more to the middle though.

The right render could of been bigger so you could see the face better (the ear wings aren't that important anyway); and the blurred white border around should be toned down a bit.

The two font-faces you used sadly do not harmonise well with each other I fear. I know that you use those two as personal fonts, but in such cases I'd probably go for something that matches the 'feeling' or 'theme' of the signature a better (not to mention complements each other if you're going for two different font faces).
    The name is like a slap into the face with the size you chose in my humble opinion; it just looks too bold altogether compared to the rest of the signature, which is a little sad. Again, I'd probably have chosen something more 'subtle' plus placed the name horizontally instead of vertically. That and another font. Clearly readable and not too bold. Minus that background line even. And without a black border, but something more matching the colour of the border you used on the quotation.

The quote. Personally, it doesn't really make much sense to me. If ya're goin' in for the kill, you are already a predator, ain't you? Nevermind that. The font you used bugs me again; it's just too 'nice' or 'girly' for the message of the quotation that you probably want to convey. Otherwise it makes me wanna ask; so ya're goin' in to kill... a ball of wool? That's pretty badass in a way, too, I guess.
    So, another more 'deadly' font perhaps? Aside from the font, the placement of the writing seems off to me as well. I wouldn't place it across the mini background and the actual transparent one, that looks a bit... meh.

The only thing left would be the watermark... not a fan of these to be honest. I find them silly and 'if' I wanted to steal your signature, it'd be gone in no time. tiger-2.gif
    One thing though, ya watermark overlaps with the fairy, I'd swap the layers I guess... xD

All in all, an 'okay' signature, there's room for improvement I'd say...
    I'm getting no vibes from it; there's like no real message conveyed to me. It looks like it serves no other purpose but to present the bow (which is quite nice of course!)
    I miss the connection between the quote and the images presented. :(

No numbers from me, as numbers are useless. >:D
    Hope I could be of help. :3
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yay new signature from Silvy :D

As for that one. I don't love it. It seems very muted, which while it conveys a point, is vaguely unsatisfying somehow.

I do think it works with the quote and the words after it though, though I think Comic Sans for a theoretically serious/pensive/soul searching quote seems rather counter intuitive.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Airiok - Raging Tide
    Airiok - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really like the design of yours. 4/5
    Born in death, raised in blood. The dragon within now lives.
  • wushih14
    wushih14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    XSonOfCircex- I always love it when dark red and blue is combined. b:cute 4/5 :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Eyes like a sunrise, like a rainfall down my soul...'

Spearena|The blithe demon Archeress

~Signature made by me! XD
    edited June 2013
    I like it wushih, it shows elegance, like dancing under the stars, or an elegant ball dance.
    9/10
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not overly busy, good colors without being too much, bit I would make your name smaller as it overlaps too much of the wording behind it. 4/5
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • ThatTankGuy - Archosaur
    ThatTankGuy - Archosaur Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How do i get a form Signature?
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    How do i get a form Signature?

You make it. Or make a request in one of the Sig threads

To submit you go under "User CP" -> Edit signature
    Insert the picture below and press Submit.
    To make it appear as your signature type [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] in the text space.

Oh and it needs to be the correct size. You will see the req. in the signature submition page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    @Nariin

That old scroll effect is something I haven't seen before. And hell, it works. Awesome atmosphere to that sig too, only critique I got is the name being so hidden. Maybe having it like it's an old map and in an old withered font would be better :p
    4.5/5

Also, I want a sig :< I seem to have channeled all my creative energies into other stuff and can't find them back atm lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Lucky I like yours Xainou :3

However... It does look kinda idk, "busy" but I'd still give yours a 5/5. (because that's just my opinion)
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Hmmm Kris. Did I ever tell you that I quite like the drawing on your sig? :p I love how it's a veno, yet more looking male. Pretty awesome imo.
    Background and font work nicely too, can't find anything negative o,o
    5/5 then!

And yea, I did... something. Not quite sure what to think xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ^Cool siggy, makes me wonder if Xainou is comparing herself to a certain mad king?

Aerys Targaryen and Ashnard of Daein come to mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    That bow is freaking epic
    i like how the dark ss goes with the purple and black background
    but the part that was the most amazing for me was the quote
    TELL THEM HOW IT IS LOL

5/5

• Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That bow is freaking epic
    i like how the dark ss goes with the purple and black background
    but the part that was the most amazing for me was the quote
    TELL THEM HOW IT IS LOL

5/5

Thank you Xainou for that amazing work again. Also i love my bowb:dirty

I like animated siggy like yours. I began created an animated siggy using a fire emblem gba sniper sprite (whoever that pre leveled sniper you get from arcadia later in sealed sword is) but i quickly remembered that i had forgotten how to make gif animations look nice, because i hadnt touched sprites in 5 years b:cry

4/5 for you though, because of the starting pose of your seeker, seems off
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Been awhile since I've been on this thread o-o.

Gecko your sig; 5/5 awesome colors and stuffs, I like it :3!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Zheii:

Interesting signature. I like how the colors work and the character placement besides the very right one. The angle is a little weird and she's facing outwards without a reason ._.
    The name is on the borderline to being hard to read but it works. I maybe would have used different letter sizes though.
    @ Besides the fact that you mention your name already on the signature xD

Overall you get a 4/5 from me though, for the actual image sig P:

@Gecko: A certain mad king, yea. Not one of popular fiction though although the name would ring some bells with the old forumers here I guess. f:hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    Wolfssohn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,535 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The main image (feathers, crown & text) of your sig is not exactly central...it's slightly off to the right...
    I might've placed the feathers closer to the crown...
    No idea what "Mad King" is related to, but the font doesn't fit to the medieval theme...mainly 'cause of the "G"...

Talkin' 'bout it...I like the simple medieval theme...looks sort of noble, fitting for a king...even though your char is female...
    Does the text on the background have any specific meanin'...or was it simply part of the background ya used...? Can't read it unfortunately...

Anyways...it's simple, not overdone and fits to the medieval theme, so...
    4/5...
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    looks neat :o

im so lazy to make one b:laugh
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!