dieing server = ???

2»

Comments

• grimmness
    grimmness Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The grinding though.. ugh.. I know every game has it pretty much but only getting a few % an hour is just insane. Too much of the same thing over and over to my liking.. It's like you get 4 quests a level and the quests are even grinding with no story behind them.. The rest of the 95% needed to get levels now are spent grinding.

The game you're so highly anticipating is made by the same company who defined the term "korean grinder". Not only was it notorious for the insane grinding (grinding 8 hrs a day every day for 3 years and never reached level cap), notorious for botting (doesn't even ban botters, not even temp ban) but also for the ridiculous class imballances, and that game was actually succesfull. Then it followed up with 2 fail mmo's and now ****. Well, I'll probably try it, but don't have too much high hopes for ncsoft... I had high hopes for ... the first flopped and the second was "average".
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    grimmness wrote: »
    The game you're so highly anticipating is made by the same company who defined the term "korean grinder". Not only was it notorious for the insane grinding (grinding 8 hrs a day every day for 3 years and never reached level cap), notorious for botting (doesn't even ban botters, not even temp ban) but also for the ridiculous class imballances, and that game was actually succesfull. Then it followed up with 2 fail mmo's and now ****. Well, I'll probably try it, but don't have too much high hopes for ncsoft... I had high hopes for ... the first flopped and the second was "average".

Then you probably havent read enough (or played enough) if you think that way. But... b:chuckle we cannot talk about that!
  • Aragorn - Harshlands
    Aragorn - Harshlands Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    We will see.. I will definitely try but not sure if I will stick with it. So far my favorite two are WoW and by far.. UO is in there as well.
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    /derailed thread

on topic i don't see the server dyin' at all and countless other ppl have agreed, i have also just read that the best gear is not cash shop-able lol and also if this game is geared based not skill based why do i kill lvl40+bm/barb/veno's when i was only lvl 37 lol

tbh imo this thread is just full of the old people you see in pubs talking about "i remember when this was all fields" lol
  • Aragorn - Harshlands
    Aragorn - Harshlands Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Wait until you get to the 80s and it takes hour after hour of grinding to make a dent in your leveling. And when stones quest gives you 3%, and world quest has you flying around and teleporting everywhere for about an hour only to get you another 3%.

The game lost my interest when I realized the questing was only getting me about 5% of my level and having to grind the rest on rinse and repeat mobs.

It's just not that fun of a game anymore for me so I quit.. No big loss as I didn't talk to many people.
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Wait until you get to the 80s and it takes hour after hour of grinding to make a dent in your leveling. And when stones quest gives you 3%, and world quest has you flying around and teleporting everywhere for about an hour only to get you another 3%.

The game lost my interest when I realized the questing was only getting me about 5% of my level and having to grind the rest on rinse and repeat mobs.

It's just not that fun of a game anymore for me so I quit.. No big loss as I didn't talk to many people.

lol i came from rfonline dude there is no slower mob grind then rfonline retail
    i am used to it literally taking months to get one lvl it's what i am used to ^^
    (there was one quest per lvl and no dailies at all)

and also the pvp on rf was madness compared to here lol u couldn't walk across a map without war breaking out lol and there was a war every 8 hours sooo yeh the pvp and grind were alot more intense then here tbh

if yer wondering why i left it was due to going offline for too long to be able to catch up so i started here ^^
    good luck on yer new game but don't act like this is the worst grinding mmo out at mo lol cus it really is nowhere near lol
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Rebirth order?b:cute
    Quit.
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    Aeneas - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Rebirth order?b:cute

Only lasts until about level 86.

86 - 87 and 87 - 88 are easily the toughest levels in the game. So many people get daunted by it. It gets better at 88 because you have an obvious goal to go for (89 culti) and lots of people daily most of 89 because you have to live in HH for so long to get your 90 gear anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elyvwayn - Harshlands
    Elyvwayn - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    :D

Thats why I quit, been playing **** CBT since ;D

Epic Win Gladiator.
    ^^;

Besides, I spent around $100 on this game...in less than what..2 months?

**** = 13 bucks every month..

Could have gone atleast 8 months on that money.
    IMHO **** = Niiice (:
    Can't wait!
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The grinding does get a bit intense, but it's a lot easier than most other games that emphasize grinding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Starrr - Harshlands
    Starrr - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    this server isnt dying its already DEAD. maybe if people actually PVP on PVP server it would have lasted longer instead of running their mouths as they boost sz.
    Staring at the wall is much more rewarding than playing PW.
  • Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver
    Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Isnt 22 US and 24 EU???? b:cute
    Dont forget headstart

PWI is becoming p2p????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...
  • Aznchristmas - Harshlands
    Aznchristmas - Harshlands Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    :d

Thats Why I Quit, Been Playing **** Cbt Since ;d

Epic Win Gladiator.
    ^^;

Besides, I Spent Around $100 On This Game...in Less Than What..2 Months?

**** = 13 Bucks Every Month..

Could Have Gone Atleast 8 Months On That Money.
    Imho **** = Niiice (:
    Can't Wait!
    OMFG ely you exist
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2009

b:laugh I'm from the day's when there was no such thing as a daily. Try that one and let me know how the "grind" is. This game, now, is notorious for the numerous ways you DON'T have to grind to lvl. Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's the only way.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Ixta - Harshlands
    Ixta - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    this server isnt dying its already DEAD. maybe if people actually PVP on PVP server it would have lasted longer instead of running their mouths as they boost sz.

For people to PVP, they actually need the same level as you d!ck head.

It's ppl like you that killed it, with like 20 levels above..and OP pet Bleed..

..and you're here commenting still? go hide................run and ...hide...

..you got nothing to say here.
  • Ultimate - Harshlands
    Ultimate - Harshlands Posts: 649 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    For people to PVP, they actually need the same level as you d!ck head.

It's ppl like you that killed it, with like 20 levels above..and OP pet Bleed..

..and you're here commenting still? go hide................run and ...hide...

..you got nothing to say here.

U sir have no idea WTF you talking about. In Lost City there was always PvP from 3X to 9X and that pathetic excuse of you only kill ppl your level is ****. LC never went to ruin because RQ killed every single lowbie they saw, nor did CQ lowbies stopped their way to PvP+getitng to 90+ when BL was constantly PKing them.
    Even more now with genies out, lower levels have higher chance to beat higher levels than it used to be. If they have a few more numbers they can easily overwhelm us. It's the lack of actual PvP that makes ppl bad because they don't get used to come up with strategies nor work as a team.
    Also, i blame it on how carebear most 9X are in the big guilds.
    Just a while ago for example, 3 KD(Rome, MrG, and Deathdealer) all 9X vs a lvl 78 barb, a lvl 82 BM, and as soon as me and suwaki show up they leave.

Trying to blame this on the ppl that actually PvP is the most stupid thing anyone could say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    PWI is becoming p2p????

Its a secret another game we cannot speak of b:thanks
  • Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver
    Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ah ok ^^ just making sure i didnt waste a whole buncha time playing this b:cute b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    there's too many references to other online games to keep this thread open. It's not hard to follow that rule, just don't mention other games. K? I really don't care to go around locking threads, but when you do that I have little choice.b:shocked
This discussion has been closed.