dieing server = ???

Options
LiKuiDgHoSt - Harshlands
LiKuiDgHoSt - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Dawnglory (EU)
I've heard a lot of people complaining, or well just stating that this server is/will be dead in the near future. Also that the server is basically pve, there is no pking on the server

now right about now is where i am supposed to add that i am not meaning to start up a flame war or controversy, but we all know that just is impossible b:laugh

so basically here's my take on it and what I have seen as i have leveled up on this server. For one, there is a large abundance of pking and pvping on this server. Every night head to a few different spots to get my share in before i head off to bed. The issue that I think is causing the lack of pvp, is every time a group of mid 40's - 60's starts to have a little fun a whole ton of 80's and 90's begin to show up and well they want to have fun too. Problem is it's like a 700 lb man trying to share a pizza with a 13 yr old girl. . just not gonna happen.

Well honestly what all the higher levels is doing is perfectly normal, if I was as high up as some of you on this server I would be at the hot spots as quick as i could. . But at the same time that is the very issue that is causing all the problems. I have talked with countless people who won't pk because they know the second they get a little party going of it higher levels will come and well, then the lower level doesn't stand a chance.

Basically my point is, and I have written about it before on here. We just all need to give the server time. All us now mid level characters are slowly but surely catching up to the top end guys. There were countless players who out leveled this server ten fold and well that created a giant lvl gap.

give the server a few more months, pvping will be on the rise and people like me will continue to try and get pvp parties going, it's just too fun not too : )

happy pking people b:victory
Post edited by LiKuiDgHoSt - Harshlands on

Comments

• Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Ok.....................
    Quit.
  • Nei - Harshlands
    Nei - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Not sure if you've heard, but 90% of this server has an end date for this game....

sept 22nd

Cheers
  • LiKuiDgHoSt - Harshlands
    LiKuiDgHoSt - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ha, not anywhere near 90% kiddo

part of the intrigue of this game is that it's free
    **** looks amazing I will agree with you there, but pay to play. . I personally have never been a fan

and im sure many are with me on this
  • Urgeoverkill - Harshlands
    Urgeoverkill - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ha, not anywhere near 90% kiddo

part of the intrigue of this game is that it's free
    **** looks amazing I will agree with you there, but pay to play. . I personally have never been a fan

and im sure many are with me on this

In order to get stuff from boutique you need to grind your **** off or spend irl money ,and time is money my friend . So i don`t really see how this game is different from any other paying mmorpg/corpg .
    Sure you don`t really have to buy anything from boutique but we both know that in order to be a factor at end game you have to spare a ****load of your freetime grinding or spend irl money.
  • Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Problem is it's like a 700 lb man trying to share a pizza with a 13 yr old girl. . just not gonna happen.

This made me laugh pretty hard. b:chuckle

The server is brand new, so everyone came here and power-leveled up to the 80s and 90s. They left everyone else behind, so now they have no one to pvp with, and there is no one else in their level range. The reason they call it a 'dead' server is because the rest of the players haven't caught up to them yet.

Just you wait. In a month or two, this place is going to be hella active with all the players hitting 70, 80, and 90.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    see this is what i was saying on another thread lol

lvl 9x says server is dead in 3 months mark my words...
    i said stfu lmao we just ain't caught up yet ^^

and we will catch up it is inevitable due to needing less exp to level up!

shame all the 9x people have declared the server dead and are leaving before they get their 1000 victims paybacks lol
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Nei is right, servers dead....
    And it will be even more if KG gets all the lands
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    see this is what i was saying on another thread lol

lvl 9x says server is dead in 3 months mark my words...
    i said stfu lmao we just ain't caught up yet ^^

and we will catch up it is inevitable due to needing less exp to level up!

shame all the 9x people have declared the server dead and are leaving before they get their 1000 victims paybacks lol

no... the longer a server has been out the more high-level people drop off.

look at lost city, around 1 month after a large group of people got 90 a lot of them quit. this will happen here too and I think it will be an even greater number with the even larger gap between cash-shoppers and free players. not to mention the largest guild disproves of pvp for fun. throw in a game that will actually provide entertainment (pwi epicly failed at adding any of the over9000 weekly events to keep people playing). based on the fact this server is young and very underpopulated it won't be an active server at all.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    it will if people stop cryin and just keep playing lol

so what if the top end guys leave? go to plume/cl/etherblade and ask if anyone cares........i bet they don't have a clue what yer on about tbh

point is the server ain't dead just cus the highbies leave >.>
  • Thc - Harshlands
    Thc - Harshlands Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yep, the server is far from being dead.
    i remember i never saw any person question at places like tusk town, dreaming cloud and kingsfest, now there are atleaast a few people if i visit there.
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Nei is right, servers dead....
    And it will be even more if KG gets all the lands

omg
    EVERYONE WE MUST STOP KEVIN GARNET, FOR ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE FOR HIM.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The server aint deadb:bye
    Quit.
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Not sure if you've heard, but 90% of this server has an end date for this game....

sept 22nd

Cheers

I know i have friends that had to stop playing pwi all summer because they had to go home. But ... 90% of the server really has this same problem?

b:surprised
  • Anders - Lost City
    Anders - Lost City Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    This made me laugh pretty hard. b:chuckle

The server is brand new, so everyone came here and power-leveled up to the 80s and 90s. They left everyone else behind, so now they have no one to pvp with, and there is no one else in their level range. The reason they call it a 'dead' server is because the rest of the players haven't caught up to them yet.

Just you wait. In a month or two, this place is going to be hella active with all the players hitting 70, 80, and 90.
    the fat man would prolly eat the 13 year old girl, toob:surrender
  • SkullsLord - Lost City
    SkullsLord - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    What? dead server? more cash spent here to be good comparing to p2p games? lol
    1st of all, if the maximum level on the server right now was around 60s 70s, there would be more ppl to play against. (so why did u guys rush to 90s then?)

I saw squads of level 80s - 90s around swamps pking, and saying that ppl on this server r carebears and wont fight back LOL. (how is a level 60-70 suppose to fight against level 80-90?) Naturally they will be in safe zone.

I noticed that QQme (the former faction that complained about pvp on this server 24/7) had the highest level wizards, archers and some very good high level venomancers. (all of those r very good pvp classes, so how in the earth can ppl fight against them and not end up in safe zone?)

Oh, and about spending more then u would in a p2p game lol. Its kinda pathetic seeing ppl complain about that, seriously. They say u goota spend cash to be good, lol. Its clearly stated by some1 in pwi that if u wanna have a better gaming experience or make the best use of the game, u gotta spend some cash. But its not stated that u cannot play if u dont spend.

What makes u, her, they or we spend cash is competition . If u play a game u would like to play it, to win or be the best u can. Cause of that, u will want to spend a dollar or 2k if it can make u better. U shouldnt complain about some1 spending irl cash to have a nix or some1 spending irl to have a +11 crossbow to own, cause its their sacrifice. its their cash, its their own power, its their business. The only reason i play pwi and not other mmorpg games its cause i can play it without spending cash, and its pretty decent as well . b:bye
  • BlowMe - Harshlands
    BlowMe - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    1st of all, if the maximum level on the server right now was around 60s 70s, there would be more ppl to play against. (so why did u guys rush to 90s then?)

I saw squads of level 80s - 90s around swamps pking, and saying that ppl on this server r carebears and wont fight back LOL. (how is a level 60-70 suppose to fight against level 80-90?) Naturally they will be in safe zone.

I noticed that QQme (the former faction that complained about pvp on this server 24/7) had the highest level wizards, archers and some very good high level venomancers. (all of those r very good pvp classes, so how in the earth can ppl fight against them and not end up in safe zone?)

Oh, and about spending more then u would in a p2p game lol. Its kinda pathetic seeing ppl complain about that, seriously. They say u goota spend cash to be good, lol. Its clearly stated by some1 in pwi that if u wanna have a better gaming experience or make the best use of the game, u gotta spend some cash. But its not stated that u cannot play if u dont spend.

What makes u, her, they or we spend cash is competition . If u play a game u would like to play it, to win or be the best u can. Cause of that, u will want to spend a dollar or 2k if it can make u better. U shouldnt complain about some1 spending irl cash to have a nix or some1 spending irl to have a +11 crossbow to own, cause its their sacrifice. its their cash, its their own power, its their business. The only reason i play pwi and not other mmorpg games its cause i can play it without spending cash, and its pretty decent as well . b:bye

b:sadb:sad

mommy not handing you her credit card b:surrender
    PWI - retired.
    JD - retiring Sept 22nd.b:shocked
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

shut the **** up carebear. b:cute

some people play the game for the competition and when the competition can throw half their monthly salary into a game you are screwed. you totally contradicted yourself. some people don't play to kill mobs. the best players on f2p will always be the cash shoppers. the best people on p2p are usually the actual people who are good. i'd rather spend 20$ a month than 200$ a week to play the game the way i want to play it.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    err surely the best player would be the player who gets to endgame status without using cash shop shortcuts?

i think you described the richestplayer not the best but maybe "best" can be meant in different ways i see "best" as having more skill/experience tbh not someone who pays to play a f2p game
  • Starrr - Harshlands
    Starrr - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    err surely the best player would be the player who gets to endgame status without using cash shop shortcuts?

i think you described the richestplayer not the best but maybe "best" can be meant in different ways i see "best" as having more skill/experience tbh not someone who pays to play a f2p game

that would be true if this was a skill based game. this game is 90% level and $$$ 10% skill. so spending $20000 can actually make you good. just look at deity from LC. he had 0 skill but spent a lot of money so it made him good since he was able to 1 hit most people.

on p2p since there are no cash shops only skill and time playing can make you better than others. f2p its all about the $$$.
    Staring at the wall is much more rewarding than playing PW.
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    that would be true if this was a skill based game. this game is 90% level and $$$ 10% skill. so spending $20000 can actually make you good.

Well, when you get levels, you get some skills, just through sheer practice. And even a 10 level advantage makes quite a bit of difference. But you made up your percents. And I believe money and time in game are interchangeable, and if you are willing to go slowly in game you can earn enough coin to prepare yourself decently.

Of course... if you do not have lots of time for playing, going slowly in game can be very, very slow...
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Never forget

Power in numbersb:laughb:laughb:laughb:cute
    Quit.
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

sept 22nd

Cheers

Lies.
    Its september 24 since some didnt pre ordererb:surrender
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Thc - Harshlands
    Thc - Harshlands Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Nei please tell me ur leaving too!
    1 no-lifer less on the server :)
  • Oromis - Harshlands
    Oromis - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    stop saying p2p games are better your giving the GMs ideas b:sad
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Lies.
    Its september 24 since some didnt pre ordererb:surrender

Isnt 22 US and 24 EU???? b:cute
    Dont forget headstart
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I have chars on both servers. Before you ask it's the same name as this char on LC. I have noticed that it is much quietier, kinda dull, and I miss the RQ equilivent. You need that randomness sometimes. I haven't decided which server will def be my main yet, but the way it looks LC will stay my main. I will continue to dabble in HL, but I agree there is very little action on that server. It will probably just take some time.

P.S. To ease any fears PW1 was p2p and PW2 (what you are playing) is f2p and f2p>p2p always. True it's about the gear, but noone has the best gear yet and it can't be bought off boutique b:chuckle
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Aragorn - Harshlands
    Aragorn - Harshlands Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I couldn't take much more of this game. The grinding takes hours just to get a few % points. That's not what I want in a game. So Grinding is what finally made me not like this game. Went back to WoW until ****.

LOL didn't let me say ? ROFL Stupid PWI.
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I couldn't take much more of this game. The grinding takes hours just to get a few % points. That's not what I want in a game. So Grinding is what finally made me not like this game. Went back to WoW until ****.

LOL didn't let me say A.I.O.N.? ROFL Stupid PWI.

I for once agree with you. Better games on the horizon b:dirty
  • Aragorn - Harshlands
    Aragorn - Harshlands Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I for once agree with you. Better games on the horizon b:dirty

Yah.. After going back to WoW I realized how much better it is, and how much more I spent on PWI than I do on WOW $$$$ wise even though it's a free to play.

The grinding though.. ugh.. I know every game has it pretty much but only getting a few % an hour is just insane. Too much of the same thing over and over to my liking.. It's like you get 4 quests a level and the quests are even grinding with no story behind them.. The rest of the 95% needed to get levels now are spent grinding.

Now who wants my character?
  • Moodyflame - Harshlands
    Moodyflame - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yah.. After going back to WoW I realized how much better it is, and how much more I spent on PWI than I do on WOW $$$$ wise even though it's a free to play.

The grinding though.. ugh.. I know every game has it pretty much but only getting a few % an hour is just insane. Too much of the same thing over and over to my liking.. It's like you get 4 quests a level and the quests are even grinding with no story behind them.. The rest of the 95% needed to get levels now are spent grinding.

Now who wants my character?

Me