Options

Comments

• Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    zhaxor wrote: »
    Yay my first ever post :-)

You know what really annoys me? I'll tell you, its noobs (like me hehe) who think they should be able to get the best stuff within a month or two of joining a game like this. The idea of an ultimate weapon is that they are RARE! The only way to make them rare is to make them a) hugely expensive or b) very hard to get or make. If everybody suddenly started running around with Warsoul weapons the devs would have to invent a new ultimate weapon, and then guess what? People would all be back complaining because they are so hard/expensive to get.

In a game like this, in fact an any MMO, there should be items that are rare, even items that are limted in number, you can only have so many superdupersoulsmasher swords on the server. Of course that does bring up the problem of all the good items being hoarded by the top factions, but there are ways around that.

For instance a magic weapon that has a desire to be used, and if you just tuck it away in faction vault and never use it eventually it will magic itself away to a random mob in the world, you can imagine the rush to start killing mobs if there was an anouncement that the ultimate weapon was out there wating for the lucky dude to get hold of it. Oh yes, and I would also make it a must drop on PK item, so once you've got it you have the problem of trying to keep hold of it. It would eventually gravitate to the highest lvl player of course :-) But even then he has to bring it out every now and then. I can imagine entire factions created just for that opportunity, a whole mob of lower lvls attacking a player wielding the ultimate weapon, then if they win they have to decide who gets it, I can imagine them turning on each other and fighting over it. You would only ever dare bring it out if you were surrounded by fellow faction members, and then another faction would mob em to try and get it, and then if it dropped by chance a low lvl noob might pick it up and run away with it, lucky him lol.

Still, the point is, there should be rare items that only a few players can get, otherwise it just becomes a race to get everything ASAP and no challenge anymore!

Exactly!

Most people are just lazy and don't want to do the hard work as always. There excuse is... "It's impossible!"
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Sheonite - Lost City
    Sheonite - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Maybe in a few years if Conqueror from lost city keeps saving up their weekly TW money if an event doesnt come. b:chuckle
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    but looking at ur lvl u are doing that ;D

Since when do you have to do ANYTHING on that list to reach lvl 100? Lowbies are ignorant.
    Maybe in a few years if Conqueror from lost city keeps saving up their weekly TW money if an event doesnt come. b:chuckle

xD That'll only happen if no one got salary
  • Illumminatti - Heavens Tear
    Illumminatti - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Don't know about you guys but I like the idea of 500 people making a weapon so 1 person can pwn all with it, HELL YA!
  • Zerosen - Lost City
    Zerosen - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

Hello. Your name fits you. Bye byeb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No matter where I am I'll always be a part of Conqueror, thank you all for the memories and for this awesome adventureb:thanks
  • Ainen - Sanctuary
    Ainen - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    This game lacks content. It would be much better if it was in sync with the Chinese version. Advertising Warsoul Ultimate Weapons is for attracting new players only.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

Really only need to do dailys + cube and played PWI since server started to be lvl 100 by now to. Getting lvl 100 in this game its not hard at all, even eternal nubs like me can do it and im sure u can to if you played for 8-9 months. Dont even have to grind just fly WMs afk b:surrender.

But posting a warsoul guide for new players is lame and it feels like Gms kinda spits in the face on us that played this game for a long time. I wonder if Gms actually knows how hard those items are to get and the % chance of actually getting warsoul mats - even if u use rare HH-gold.

Its like telling new players is possible to reach lvl 105 b:angry. Only gear that requires warsoul items, that you can actually get, that wont taker more than 3-4 months is the cube necklace.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Only gear that requires warsoul items, that you can actually get, that wont taker more than 3-4 months is the cube necklace.
    Please dont say you expected to get warsoul with only money in 3-4months... we dont want this game turned into a MMO for 10yr olds with short patience spans.

Also the implements now, are tipped off compared to the rate the original PW can get warsoul.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Chiv - Lost City
    Chiv - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    It really irritates me how some people act like the Warsouls should be impossible to get because it should be a challenge because they are ultimate weapons. If you've actually looked at the math and seen how long it would take to get it grinding chips everyday it would take 40 years. Sorry im not willing to invest that much time into a game that will probably be gone in 5. add the extra content, and maybe you can get it in 10 years, for a game that will still probably be gone in 5. It is impossible, and its stupid for the developers to have created them.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    It really irritates me how some people act like the Warsouls should be impossible to get because it should be a challenge because they are ultimate weapons. If you've actually looked at the math and seen how long it would take to get it grinding chips everyday it would take 40 years. Sorry im not willing to invest that much time into a game that will probably be gone in 5. add the extra content, and maybe you can get it in 10 years, for a game that will still probably be gone in 5. It is impossible, and its stupid for the developers to have created them.
    Its only calculated at that span cause of the limited resources in the international version. I know PW japan has been out for about 3yrs or so and their still glitched. We have what, just neared our 1st anniversary? You can even say its a near 'beta' stage till the 1st anniversary is over. This is a foreign 'free to play' game. They are not, and do not, have the duty of launching a 100% done multinational multilaunch.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Neltharius - Heavens Tear
    Neltharius - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    its as simple as this

it can't be done in the game's current state

it needs more implementation

there's people in PW-MY with it

but then there's tons of people in PW-MY with the rank VII weapon

when the rank VII weapon is pretty close to impossible here too

we just need to wait till its out a bit longer

idk why people are getting so aggravated about this stuff

the people who started since beta have dealt without it quite fine

we dont NEED them.

we just want em. if you really really really want it, then just stick around and put effort into the game
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I believe their intentions of the entire warsoul implement was for levels past the current level cap. If at level 102ish you started really trying to get one maybe by the time you reach level 130ish you might have it? I really don't know.

Or maybe so level 102 players could be not so completely overwhelmed by level 130ish players?

Anyways, until they release new content, getting a warsoul weapon would require massive cooperation. Getting one warsoul fragment would be a serious challenge for one person, and getting 700 people [for example] exchanging their warsoul fragments would be an even bigger challenge (starting with: how do you reward 699 people properly)?

But just before they released this announcement, I was reading lots of forum posts by various people, talking of warsoul weapons. Of course, naturally, whenever pwi does something, somebody will complain. Now if we could just harness our community's complaint power for good...
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Where does this believe that everybody is equall come from?

There are factinless players, there are players in factions, some factions may have some structure and have for example some officers and there are faction leaders.

Who said those weapons are for everybody?

Different factions are run differently I guess, but there might be factions whose leaders will get those weapons.

Hint: No, not gathering the mats alone.
  • Leprechaundh - Sanctuary
    Leprechaundh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Wait or give up.
    Warsoul is an implementation that was made for the 'complete' version of PW, which is the china version that opened YEARS ago. PW international is still in skin and bones stage as far as implements. It would progress faster if it had been an american made game.

You know, I do think that is bullshirt. What is keeping them from giving americans the full **** version? It's not that hard to translate all the in-game text into english. I mean, wtf else could they have to do? It's not like the computers in china speak different code than the computers here. It's all binary in it's basic form. Why the **** do they expect ppl to pay for something that is anything less than the full version? A computer program will not offer a trial version, then once u pay for it turn around and say "Just kidding, you only get half the **** anyway, n00b >:)" I mean, what is the friggin hold up?
  • Skyflower - Heavens Tear
    Skyflower - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    hi
    I read most of your comments tyvm
    I agree yes PWI hasnt been out that long and Warsoul weapons are something to aim at
    Ive had about 12 goes @ manufacturing warsoul items so far, using perfect stones and TT Mats ...so far no luck: is there any word as to a Cultivation Level or Level Requirement for manufacturing these items?
    Im willing to accept the % fail rates etc , but IF @ level 80, or my Cultivation level is too low ,am I just wasting my time?
    anyway , I submitted a ticket -hopeing to get that confirmed /ill post back
    WARSOUL FTW!
    Single Butterfly 4 me plse
    b:thanks
    Sky
  • Burn_ur_ass - Sanctuary
    Burn_ur_ass - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If it was easy for everyone to get it, then what is the point of hard work and dedication?to 'unobtainable'

sorry i thought i was playing a game and not working... u really cleared that out for me ty
    Saving Ladies...For the Old Fashioned Joy of Killing....

hope the only lady u wanna save is me sethie... b:cute
    edited June 2009
    Options
    sorry i thought i was playing a game and not working... u really cleared that out for me ty

if you want an easy game go play checkers with a 5 year old
  • Leprechaundh - Sanctuary
    Leprechaundh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    hi
    I read most of your comments tyvm
    I agree yes PWI hasnt been out that long and Warsoul weapons are something to aim at
    Ive had about 12 goes @ manufacturing warsoul items so far, using perfect stones and TT Mats ...so far no luck: is there any word as to a Cultivation Level or Level Requirement for manufacturing these items?
    Im willing to accept the % fail rates etc , but IF @ level 80, or my Cultivation level is too low ,am I just wasting my time?
    anyway , I submitted a ticket -hopeing to get that confirmed /ill post back
    WARSOUL FTW!
    Single Butterfly 4 me plse

DON'T EVEN BOTHER. If you were to try and get warsould mats by getting M. chips it would take far more than 300k chips to make them. In cube of fate, tho most chips you can get per day is 20. Now, if you were to do the math, it would take 41.66 years of doing cube every day to get a weaopon. It is pointless to try.
    if you want an easy game go play checkers with a 5 year old

Why would one do that when playing checkers with you is far easier? The warsoul goal is far more than a difficult game, it is an unbeatable game. Literally. No one will ever spend half a century to add a few pixels to a game character. Go do the math, dimwit, warsoul is an impossible feat.
    edited June 2009
    Options

Why would one do that when playing checkers with you is far easier? The warsoul goal is far more than a difficult game, it is an unbeatable game. Literally. No one will ever spend half a century to add a few pixels to a game character. Go do the math, dimwit, warsoul is an impossible feat.

read my previous post on this thread before that one
    i state that its impossible right now
    but as soon as game gets more implementation that it has on other versions, we'll be able to get them
    however, it does not mean that it won't be difficult
    the way she says it, it seemed she wants it to be so easy so that everybody can get one

its the ULTIMATE weapon
    not everybody will be able to obtain it and we WILL have to WORK for it.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

Since when is there a game where you don't have to work hard? Let me put it this way... If you want something in the game (that isn't required for further gameplay and is rare), you have to work on getting it. You can't just say I want one and it will appear. It never happens that way. The world doesn't even happen that way. The game can still be "easy and non-working hard" without the weapon. But if you want one, you'll have to work for it.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i can almost guarentee that warsoul will not appear on this server. if it does, it will in about 8 years. my reasons?

1) in the other versions of the game, entire guilds worked together for a LONG time to acquire this weapon for a SINGLE member
    2) americans in general are greedy. no guild with 200 members is gonna devote 1 year + of their time to help a single member get an overpowered weapon which they themselves want.

no offense to americans, heck, ive got my american citizenship. but its not going to happen ANY time soon.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Since when is there a game where you don't have to work hard? Let me put it this way... If you want something in the game you have to work on getting it. You can't just say I want one and it will appear. It never happens that way. The world doesn't even happen that way..

except in JD >__> free botting, legal botting ftw?
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i can almost guarentee that warsoul will not appear on this server. if it does, it will in about 8 years. my reasons?

1) in the other versions of the game, entire guilds worked together for a LONG time to acquire this weapon for a SINGLE member
    2) americans in general are greedy. no guild with 200 members is gonna devote 1 year + of their time to help a single member get an overpowered weapon which they themselves want.

no offense to americans, heck, ive got my american citizenship. but its not going to happen ANY time soon.
    so trueb:laugh
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited June 2009
    Options
    With all events released and under optimal/almost best conditions (ie you win all the time/every day), it would take around 6 years using just chips.

This is also assuming PWI never releases lucky boxes that have chances to give packs of 8-15 chips or rare gold TT99 mats.

b:cool
  • Nekhebet - Heavens Tear
    Nekhebet - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    for a full 99+ team it would take about 1 year to make one weapon but that is only if those 6 people have no life and are fkn freaks that spend 25/24h in front of the pc.....i read almost all replyes and i see some of u realy think they will be able to get it ..well good luck but in my opinion it's not worth spending all that time in a game just to get a weapon....where is the fun in that?....from what i know most people play games for fun so it's not logical to make out of a game a job(geting a warsoul weapon is a job in my opinion)
    I agree whit the ones that say best weapons must be hard to get but in this game "hard " is not eaven close to the truth.

So better get a lvl 99 or 100 good weapon refine it and have fun in game cause that is why we are all here.

Ahh and PWI how about u stop loosing time by making ultimate weapons guides and start fixing the real problems of the game..like uber huge gigantic lag in TW's...cause we ar at the point where TW is nothing more then a lag orgy .

Ty have fun and enjoy PWI(if possible)b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just another veno!!!
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    also the weapons are untradable, do u really want to spend years to make a weapon for... ur leader/friend whatever ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i think in a few years itll be possible for one person to spend about 1 - 2 years to get one

there's quite a few ppl on pw-my who have it and claim to have done it themselves
    a mixture of farming and buying the other mats themselves

yes, they had to spend real life money
    one of them said he spent about 1k in real money to make it
    the rest was all farmed in 2 years and he still participated in his TW, leveled up and did his usual thing just not as much because he did have to farm for mats around 3 - 4 hours a day
    edited July 2009
    Options
    one of them said he spent about 1k in real money to make it
    You gotta be ****ting me if it only takes 1k....
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You gotta be ****ting me if it only takes 1k....

thats all he spent
    but he also farmed up around 4 hours per day every day for 2 years
    he went ahead and spent ingame money that he grinded up or got from selling other mats that he didn't need or traded some items for mats

anyway, it was a mix of things that he did
    you dont necessarily have to farm every last mat or buy every last mat

their version is a few years older than ours so you must realize that there's TONS more implementation

there's also players who consider it to be close to impossible and don't really care much for putting that sort of effort into the game just for a weapon so they put up all their mats for sale in the game

but yes, to the point: all he spent was around 1k of real life money
    everything else he worked for himself ^^
    edited July 2009
    Options
    but he also farmed up around 4 hours per day every day for 2 years

lolz T_T you left out the big stuff
This discussion has been closed.