Another reason why you can't play Mage unless you LOVE your class.

Comments

• WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I need wine for my fb before I can think about Undine Strike......then sporific whisper....then my ultimates.....then my regular spells.....then my masteries.....could someone lend me between 30-50mil :3
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Vazaares - Sanctuary
    Vazaares - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    sounds like alot of pain and suffering, glad i started a wizard... Sigh

Only reason id start a wizard is to end up buffer than most classes by the time you're at max level, is that even remotely the case?
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lol and TT90 costs like 40mil... the 90 sage skills cost 1.8mil to buy hmm and 79s are like 6mil total i think... yay=_______= and pure wiz needs like 8/9k hp for delta

Lol... Elayne doesn't even have that much and he's 101 and arguably the best geared mage on Lost City at this point and time. You don't need 8k, not even 7k, just a good party. Mages do it with ~5-6k.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vikaila - Sanctuary
    Vikaila - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Gah...Only skills I have maxed are Gush, Stone Rain, Pyrogram, Dragon's Breath, the 3 Masteries, and Stone Barrier...:S my Glacial Snare and Sandstorm are both lvl7...was planning to max them, but then I was told how much of a must Undine Strike was >< haha.
    I spent so much money and effort into my lovely LA gear, ever since I learned about RB I forgot about my skills b:chuckle
    But I guess, getting Undine Strike will be the thing I'll get before I lvl to 86, lolz (then pray I get to do delta, so far I have 5.1k hp buffed :S)
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    You won't have the DPS to do delta, 90 gear is required. I never did rebirth below delta, but I hear it's pretty easy, and from what I've seen in 86+, it's anything but easy.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    gamma is easy, i use to do it daily. my old party outleveled me after i stopped playing, so i can't find any party who knows how anymore.

the difference between gamma and delta is astounding. you'd need some pretty amazing gears at 86 to do it.
  • Vikaila - Sanctuary
    Vikaila - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Heh, yes, did not mean to do it at 86 :] pretty sure I'd die pretty fast there if so, I've heard plenty about its difficulties. lol. Guess the earliest I'll try it would be lvl88-89...but probably 90, haha. (not looking forward to the grinding hurr)
    But at lvl90, at least, I hope I'll manage to get good hp for delta by then ;P along with lvling more of my skills :S
  • Pyro_lord - Sanctuary
    Pyro_lord - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thats ALOT of money! i hope its worth it but as my name indicates, it's a small price to pay to be Lord of FIRE!
    It takes skill to be Lord of Fire.
    Even more when they got nerfed.
    And this character is being deleted.
  • Anubisdrak - Sanctuary
    Anubisdrak - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Eh i know its not untill level 100 and I bet the skill doesnt last as long as the description says but regardless, Manifest Virture is a total must have if your a die hard pure (haha die hard :P)

I love making my level 90 cleric friends complain with my hat which gives me +451mp (enough for a spare nuke/ult :D) and just using welspring and jumping mine up to near 9k

So yeah Manifest Virtue would be perfect for any wizzy, throw on a bunch of +magic/mp gear use Wellspring, Manifest, then just hit someone with an ult. Sounds like super pwn to meb:victory
    Wiz: Joins squad
    Wiz: Wiz is silent... <--code of honor kill quick and leave without saying a word.
    Wiz: Stays in back incase they pull aggro (better for mob to run towards you then to be next to you, gives squad time to pull aggro from you)
    Wiz: Wiz happens to pull aggro
    Wiz: Wiz stands ground
    Wiz: Wiz kills mob/ or is killed by mob
    Wiz: Honorable death is seen by squad

<likes that xD, im either the quiet one or the active avid talker ;D
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Eh i know its not untill level 100 and I bet the skill doesnt last as long as the description says but regardless, Manifest Virture is a total must have if your a die hard pure (haha die hard :P)

I love making my level 90 cleric friends complain with my hat which gives me +451mp (enough for a spare nuke/ult :D) and just using welspring and jumping mine up to near 9k

So yeah Manifest Virtue would be perfect for any wizzy, throw on a bunch of +magic/mp gear use Wellspring, Manifest, then just hit someone with an ult. Sounds like super pwn to meb:victory

Not quite.
    Manifest Virtue is pretty weak.
    By the time you're 100 to get it, your mana would probably not reach beyond 20k. Meaning with Manifest Virtue (which costs 2 sparks, cooldown FIVE MINUTES!), you'd only be doing the equivalent of... a level 1 spark?

Its really not that incredible.
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    It's 1 spark, and I've been told by someone who has it that it's damage is near that of double spark, for 30 seconds. Not bad... not a HUGE deal but another thing to add to a mages arsenal. Surely deadly when used at the right time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    One spark... but it doesn't stack with other sparks too :(
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Would You 9x lvl wizards please tell us at what level (approximately) You maxed Morning Dew, Hailstorm, Dragon's Breath, Wellspring Quaff, Crown of Flames and Pitfall (if at all)?
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    I maxed quaff at 8x, Hailstorm at 7x (in TW our main enemy had wbs that liked to rush past everyone, this helped a lot), Morning Dew at 90, Dragons Breath at 92 (for rebirth).

ell o ell crown and pitfall, gross.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Thank You. Do You remember what level was Your Morning Dew at about 82?
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I maxed Dragon's Breath several levels ago, when I started doing RB gamma. I'll max Hailstorm soon, either that or Soporific Whisper is next on the list.

Haven't maxed the others.

Edit: just maxed hailstorm, 19 pages will take at least a few days, I can get back 300k spirit by then.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Just begin genie'ing your exp at 85 and do as many gamma's as you can to get more and more spirit/coin. I'm currently gunning for Fire Mastery lv.10, then hopefully a lv.79 skill(probably undine), followed by FoW/Glacial Snare, then Ultimates, masteries, then everything else.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thank You. Do You remember what level was Your Morning Dew at about 82?

Just max it when you can, according to your need and circumstances.
  • Writer - Harshlands
    Writer - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Typical pvp server people, think you know everything about everything. PvP is not the entire freaking game for some people.

PvP server people really need to get off their high horses and realize there is more to the game than pvp...

I'ma calling your BS.

I'm sorry, but at least in an F2P game, let alone MMO's what, pray tell, is their left to do after hitting the high levels. Grind more? Socialize?

There's only one real final destination. PVP. Everyone ends up there. I've played too many MMO's and seen to many people that don't PVP say the game isnt about it. When they get high levelled, their tune changes.

And how comes you're 8x (so, actually at a good stage for mages) and, don't like pvp? :S

(I realise, I may have opened the proverbial pandora's box, at least amongst the pve server types.)
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Just max it when you can, according to your need and circumstances.

Thank You for advice :) I think I'm doing just that.

That question wasn't to get some guidance, but I was hoping to show something. I was especially interested in the answer form Miss_Tika.

I think people forget too easy, that their opinions changed with time and weren't always the same as they are now. I can show You a few quotes from the treads about Dragon's Breath, where one of todays high level wizards (and from PvP server), who criticizes Coldflash here, advises to leave Dragon's Breath at 3 or max 5.

Views change with time. Coldflash may seem a bit stubborn, but he will most probably get there too and change his mind. And his opinion in most cases has nothing to do with being on PvE server. Like for example opinion about Dragon's Breath. The only skills that are specifically useful in PvP are Hailstorm and Ultimates. And in case of ultimates You don't really disagree. Read again

The meaning of the word useless also differs a bit if You have to spend every bit of spirit very carefully and when You don't know what to do with Your spirit. In the second case people often level their skills simply out of curiosity or just to make their character "complete" and then find a use for them. But in the forums they act, like they knew from the beginning how important those skills were. BS.
  • KannonC - Heavens Tear
    KannonC - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'ma calling your BS.

I'm sorry, but at least in an F2P game, let alone MMO's what, pray tell, is their left to do after hitting the high levels. Grind more? Socialize?

There's only one real final destination. PVP. Everyone ends up there. I've played too many MMO's and seen to many people that don't PVP say the game isnt about it. When they get high levelled, their tune changes.

And how comes you're 8x (so, actually at a good stage for mages) and, don't like pvp? :S

(I realise, I may have opened the proverbial pandora's box, at least amongst the pve server types.)

That is soooo the truth... it deserves to be quoted.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Typical pvp server people, think you know everything about everything. PvP is not the entire freaking game for some people. On PvE servers if you can't get into a guild that holds 3+ territories, there isn't a point to pvp, since if you have less than 3 territories you are likely to get wiped out in 10 mins of a TW, and pvp outside of TW on pve servers is incredibly pointless.

Morning Dew: We are not a freaking healer class, morning dew is freaking joke, there is absolutly nothing you can say to change my mind on that, sutra or no sutra, if a cleric can't provide enough healing then you're freaking screwed.

DB at 10? You may as well throw your freaking money away, the increased mp cost doesn't make up for the pitiful extra damage you do, the only thing remotly useful in higher DBs is sage/demon bonuses, both are fairly nice.

Hailstorm: Yeah works great in pvp, yay for not caring? Rebirth? Well I haven't done it so I can't say much about that. FBs? So many other things that I would rather use to just kill the mabs instead of MAYBE freezing them.

2 Spark AoEs: Well we all have our own opinions on these...in pvp they are beast cause you can possibly one shot people, whereas sutra will just tick charms most likely, but again if you don't pvp...

Wellspring: Tika, elaborate please. I don't see the point I really don't, educate me with words not guns in my face.

PvP server people really need to get off their high horses and realize there is more to the game than pvp...

Oh wow i forgot about this thread. And now I'm going to continue making you look even more of a dumbass

Typical PvP Mage? rofl xD Just because some of the moves are good for PvP, most of what I stated was for PvE. And hate to say it but, all the core players are on Lost City b:surrender

Morning Drew: I'll repeat. It's VERY CHEAP TO level up. Are you really going to be a jew over 500k? Who cares if we're not a cleric. Dew can still heal very well, like i said, in room 47, Sutra heal, or just back up healing whatever.

Hailstorm: lol xD You're a nub its ok. When you start doing rebirth, PvP, TW, then we can talk about Hailstorm's usage

Ultis: A mage with out Ultis isn't a mage. If you dont PvP you suck. Ultis are #1 best move in TW, Rebirth and also work in PvE with groups of mobs.

Wellspring: who the hell wouldn't 15k MP? With more max MP, you get more MP recovery from Fury, more MP regen and just... MORE MP. You;'re a PvE mage, wouldn't you like more MP and MP regen? FFS

PvEs need to get their head out of their **** b:chuckle
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    Ishmah - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    <snip>

Tika, that really necessary?
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Tika, that really necessary?

absolutely
  • Writer - Harshlands
    Writer - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    absolutely

Haha, that made me laugh.
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009

Oh come on, don't generalize like that.
    If you dont PvP you suck

Ok I think I can agree although in my case it's rather the opposite. I suck, so I don't. But it works the other way too. If You don't practice you suck. You meant something else of course, but that is just an irrelevant opinion. You could also say that people who like strawberry ice cream suck. You have right to think so, but so what? By the way, despite the fact that I suck, my Wellspring Quaff and Hailstorm are level 10.
    Morning Drew: I'll repeat. It's VERY CHEAP TO level up. Are you really going to be a jew over 500k? Who cares if we're not a cleric. Dew can still heal very well, like i said, in room 47, Sutra heal, or just back up healing whatever.

Lets see. Amour writes a post where she presents how expensive our skills are. Coldflash writes that Morning Dew is useless in response to that post, like he tried to contradict the claim, that we have to spend so much. And You say Morning Dew is so cheap. Who do You criticize actually and who looks like a dumbass after your response huh?
    Ultis are #1 best move in TW, Rebirth and also work in PvE with groups of mobs.

Right, but Your example on how You use them in PvE is laughable. Once again look at the context. Amour says how expensive those skills are and you say that you use them to kill 3+ mobs for fun (if you happen to find them) like it was a reason to spend millions to get them. You got them for PvP and You can foul around with them because You already have them.

I use my ults too and in PvE, but I was lucky. I met a cleric who happens to find some joy in grinding with me and he can gather 8+ poisoning mobs for us both to nuke. 3+ which actually means 3 - 4 in your example is hardly worth 2 sparks. Fouling around for some fun - that's what it is. (Ok fun is important so it may be worth it to spend 2 sparks for it) Would You get ults just for that, if your other skills were not leveled?

I'm not saying Coldflash is right. He doesn't realize how perspective changes after next 10 - 15 levels. But You also refuse to notice, that he is 82 and he just needs to get there. Don't respond like You were talking with someone with your experience but just stupid. This is a different situation.
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    I said they were expensive, but I still frown upon any mage without decently leveled skills.
    Unlike archers, we can't get away with auto-shotting things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Oh come on, don't generalize like that.

I'll generalize as much as I want. Because Coldflash said same thing about PvPers

Ok I think I can agree although in my case it's rather the opposite. I suck, so I don't. But it works the other way too. If You don't practice you suck. You meant something else of course, but that is just an irrelevant opinion. You could also say that people who like strawberry ice cream suck. You have right to think so, but so what? By the way, despite the fact that I suck, my Wellspring Quaff and Hailstorm are level 10.

Good.
    Lets see. Amour writes a post where she presents how expensive our skills are. Coldflash writes that Morning Dew is useless in response to that post, like he tried to contradict the claim, that we have to spend so much. And You say Morning Dew is so cheap. Who do You criticize actually and who looks like a dumbass after your response huh?

Just because its expensive to level up spells, doesnt mean you can't level up a cheap one. The "expensive" spells are the 79 skills and the 59 skills with some others like Glacial snare and Force of will. Otherwise spells like Morning Dew is cheap as hell and nothing to complain about. Who cares what Coldflash says, he's a 8x nub on a PvE server, who hasn't done most of what this game even offers (rebrith, pvp, TW, aoe grinding etc etc etc), So why would ANYONE take advice from him?
    Right, but Your example on how You use them in PvE is laughable. Once again look at the context. Amour says how expensive those skills are and you say that you use them to kill 3+ mobs for fun (if you happen to find them) like it was a reason to spend millions to get them. You got them for PvP and You can foul around with them because You already have them.

Have you ever heard of AoE grinding? Maybe not because you're not even 9x.
    Amour said they're expensive, yes, its not like you're going to level them all up during one friday night. They take time obviously. And just a thought, but this GAME itself is rather expensive, from skills, to gear even down to fashion and mounts. Complaining about cost in an expensive game like this is ridiculous. Anyway, I didnt get them just for PvP. I have all Ulti's level 11 (sage level) because ITS WHAT A MAGE DOES BEST. Must suck doing Pyrogram and Gush all the time
    I use my ults too and in PvE, but I was lucky. I met a cleric who happens to find some joy in grinding with me and he can gather 8+ poisoning mobs for us both to nuke. 3+ which actually means 3 - 4 in your example is hardly worth 2 sparks. Fouling around for some fun - that's what it is. (Ok fun is important so it may be worth it to spend 2 sparks for it) Would You get ults just for that, if your other skills were not leveled?

Oh i guess you you do aoe grind, awesome! and its not hard at all to get sparks. What else are you going to do with the sparks, Fury and hit each mob one by one?

over all any wizard with unmaxed ulti's (especially tempest) is gimp and is unworthy of being a wizard. We're already one of the "gimp" classes in the game. why not embrace one of the best moves in the game, mage ultis.
    I'm not saying Coldflash is right. He doesn't realize how perspective changes after next 10 - 15 levels. But You also refuse to notice, that he is 82 and he just needs to get there. Don't respond like You were talking with someone with your experience but just stupid. This is a different situation.

Then people like him shouldn't respond in a thread like this, acting like he's completely right. In all he's giving false information to any newbies reading this thread.

NEXT

Edit: re-reading this... am i really arguing with nubs that refuse to level up their skills? If you're a dumb poor ****, by all means don't waste every penny just to level Tempest to 9 or 10. I had Tempest and Dragon level 7/8 as a low 8x. Level'ed them to 10 when i was a high 8x. Then level'ed mountain sieze to 11 when i started doing TW and Rebirth more, and it works amazing in PvP. If you find no use for them in your pitiful game playing, then dont level them. But Every mage i know in Lost City at least at 8x and 9x has their skils leveled.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    But Every mage i know in Lost City at least at 8x and 9x has their skils leveled.

Make that some 7x's as high as can be too b:cool
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Edit: re-reading this... am i really arguing with nubs that refuse to level up their skills?

Not in my case. I don't refuse to level my skills. I'm just arguing a bit, because I don't like the style of Your response to Coldflash. Jrudora did it with class
    If you're a dumb poor ****, by all means don't waste every penny just to level Tempest to 9 or 10.

Yeah, if someone is a poor ****, he must be dumb, but do You really have to state that so explicitly?
    I had Tempest and Dragon level 7/8 as a low 8x. Level'ed them to 10 when i was a high 8x. Then level'ed mountain sieze to 11 when i started doing TW and Rebirth more, and it works amazing in PvP.

How about Morning Dew?
    If you find no use for them in your pitiful game playing, then dont level them.

Ah finding use for them. This is actually interesting topic and I'm serious here. You could write something more about this AoE grinding instead of showing how smart You are, by bashing someone at lvl 82 for not having the perspective of a lvl 100 wizard. I don't know if what I do with my friend cleric can be called that, but if it's anything similar, You can't do it alone. Thus the problem is not, that a wizard has to find use for his skills. The problem is, that others have to find a use for a wizard and his skills. What changes at 90+ that others suddenly find it useful to team up with a wizard?
This discussion has been closed.