Another reason why you can't play Mage unless you LOVE your class.

Comments

• Rezsonate - Heavens Tear
    Rezsonate - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    pffffft thats not enough money is you ask me b:laugh
    no but seriously, so wat?
    Dang!...I just lost my train of thought...
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    it proves that if your willing to spend that much, you love your class. That IS a lot of money. You could have done a lot with that much money.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    it proves that if your willing to spend that much, you love your class. That IS a lot of money. You could have done a lot with that much money.

Exactly. 40mil to just get the skills u need to play your class is alot. With that you could have started a veno at lvl 1 with a herc and nix ready to go. Which would u rather have? If you picked the wiz, you must love your class.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Dang, I didn't even notice I've spent that much on my own mage.
    Including all the armor, cash, coin, and skills all in coin currency, that's... at least 80 mil or more.. :o
  • Blackpray - Heavens Tear
    Blackpray - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My Wiz realy eats my coints...
    And I only skilled the fire skills and the start skills
    (And the shilds because I thought i could need them same as masterys)
    But that it would be so much money b:shocked
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    QQ Cq!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Nerithos - Sanctuary
    Nerithos - Sanctuary Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Agreed with the cost. Skills are eating up my coins like nothin' else.

Also, awesome sig, Amour. Snowmen shall be feared for their deep, metaphysical thoughts.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    there should be a mastery to reduce channel... these spells are truly a rip off and getting high -% channel gear is even worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    QQ Cq!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QQ Cq +1!!!!!!!!!!! b:cry
  • Coldflash - Dreamweaver
    Coldflash - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Heaven Pyrogram ---- Spirit 1 112 100 -- Coin 1 143 190
    Heaven Gush
    Spirit 1 140 200 -- Coin 1 181 780
    Heaven Stone Rain--- Spirit 1 174 200 - Coin 1 226 840
    10 Glacial Embrace - Spirit 171 680
    Coin 223 920
    10 Stone Barrier
    Spirit 171 680 ---- Coin 223 920
    10 Morning Dew
    Spirit 457 280 ---- Coin 608 400
    10 Divine Pyro
    Spirit 416 200
    Coin 556 100
    10 Hailstorm
    Spirit 343 000
    Coin 450 800
    10 Dragon's Breath - Spirit 802 900
    Coin 1 071 000
    10 Phoenix
    Spirit 1 006 300 -- Coin 1 348 000
    10 Wellspring Quaff - Spirit 642 080 ---- Coin 856 800
    10 Sandstorm
    Spirit 1 006 300 -- Coin 1 348 000
    10 Distance Shrink - Spirit 568 330 ---- Coin 749 700
    10 Force of Will
    Spirit 2 298 400 - Coin 3 082 000
    8 Glacial Snare
    Spirit 1 109 400 - Coin 1 482 000
    Essential Sutra
    Spirit 69 600
    Coin 96 000
    10 Blade Tempest - Spirit 3 013 000 -- Coin 4 060 000
    10 Water Dragon -- Spirit 3 013 000 --- Coin 4 060 000
    10 Mtn Sieze
    Spirit 3 013 000
    Coin 4 060 000
    10 Fire Mastery --- Spirit 780 900
    Coin 1 041 000
    10 Water Mastery - Sirit 780 900
    Coin 1 041 000
    10 Earth Mastery - Spirit 780 900
    Coin 1 041 000
    Sop. Whisper ---- Spirit 1 000 000
    Coin 6 000 000 (approx)
    Undine Strike
    Spirit 1 000 000
    Coin 7 000 000 (approx)
    TOTAL
    24, 874, 250
    43 951 450

25 mil spirit and 44 million coins, not including level 1 skills like emberstorm and not including ANY heaven skills minus the initial 3.

Morning dew: worthless, somewhat nice at earlier lvls to heal between mobs, later on so lame
    Hailstorm: hardly worth buying imo, though I've been told it has its uses
    Dragon's Breath: Take it past lvl 5 and you hemmerage far more mp than neccesary
    Wellspring Quaff: Completely pointless until such time as you get the lvl 100 skills which use max mp in their equations, or the sage/demon versions which have somewhat useful addons
    2 spark aoes: Useless unless in mass pvp (TWs), or actually fighting more than one mob while not zhenning. In the time you cast a two spark aoe, you could cast WoP, and at least one other spell. Also using the 2 sparks on a 2 spark aoe is a waste of power, exempting of course exploiting elemental weaknesses, you could just as easily, and far more efficiently, use a single spark eruption twice with a WoP and other stuff, or slightly less usefully use a doubel spark eruption. Or best yet use a sutra combo which will do more damage most likely anyway.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Morning dew: worthless, somewhat nice at earlier lvls to heal between mobs, later on so lame
    Dragon's Breath: Take it past lvl 5 and you hemmerage far more mp than neccesary
    Wellspring Quaff: Completely pointless until such time as you get the lvl 100 skills which use max mp in their equations, or the sage/demon versions which have somewhat useful addons
    2 spark aoes: Useless unless in mass pvp (TWs), or actually fighting more than one mob while not zhenning. In the time you cast a two spark aoe, you could cast WoP, and at least one other spell. Also using the 2 sparks on a 2 spark aoe is a waste of power, exempting of course exploiting elemental weaknesses, you could just as easily, and far more efficiently, use a single spark eruption twice with a WoP and other stuff, or slightly less usefully use a doubel spark eruption. Or best yet use a sutra combo which will do more damage most likely anyway.

Morning Dew: Your Sutra "Oh-****" combo in a party which surprisingly heals an enormous amount of hp. At level 10, it heals incredibly. So, sorry I don't agree.

Hailstorm: Are you kidding me? 10 meter radius maxed, with chances to freeze. Its incredible in tw, and very fun to use during aoe parties.

Dragon's Breath: I don't think any parties would let you join them to zhen in heaven/hell if you tell them you've got a level 5 Dragon's Breath.

Wellspring Quaff: If you don't want to use a charm to grind, wellspring quaff added on with triple spark will give you approximately 2800 mp each time you triple spark. I use maybe one mana potion every 30 minutes now when I solo grind.

2 Spark aoes: Tell that to the barbs I do over 10k damage crit to with my BIDS. That ulti hits like a train. Extremely easy to bypass hieros with.
    A level 1 ultis weaker than a sandstorm.

But, I can see where you're going with this.
    You rarely need to pvp at all, so the ultimates do you no good.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'll forgive you since you play a PvE server.
    BTW, you're a mage. Your only use is TW, why WOULDN'T you build for it.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited June 2009

WOW

I disagree with EVERY PIECE of bull**** that you just said. And no Amour, i'm not going to forgive him. Because PvE server mage need to know what the **** they're doing.

How is our only heal spell worthless. Its cheap to level up. Works wonders with Surtra and as a secondary healer. Or even in room 47...

Wellspring useless? Someone get me a gun. And GOOD LUCK getting the "level 100 skills". With your reasoning I'm surprised you're an 8x

Hailstorm works in PvP, Rebirth, FBs, whatever. It's also very cheap to level up. So what the hell not?

If you dont have level 10 zhen (Dragon's Breath) then get the **** out of my zhen party.

And lastly. What is wrong with our AoE's in PVE LOL. Doing past daily I love finding 3+ mob orgys and bringing them down to 90% health in one shot. Sparking is fine too but dont diss the mage AoE ^^
  • Coldflash - Dreamweaver
    Coldflash - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Typical pvp server people, think you know everything about everything. PvP is not the entire freaking game for some people. On PvE servers if you can't get into a guild that holds 3+ territories, there isn't a point to pvp, since if you have less than 3 territories you are likely to get wiped out in 10 mins of a TW, and pvp outside of TW on pve servers is incredibly pointless.

Morning Dew: We are not a freaking healer class, morning dew is freaking joke, there is absolutly nothing you can say to change my mind on that, sutra or no sutra, if a cleric can't provide enough healing then you're freaking screwed.

DB at 10? You may as well throw your freaking money away, the increased mp cost doesn't make up for the pitiful extra damage you do, the only thing remotly useful in higher DBs is sage/demon bonuses, both are fairly nice.

Hailstorm: Yeah works great in pvp, yay for not caring? Rebirth? Well I haven't done it so I can't say much about that. FBs? So many other things that I would rather use to just kill the mabs instead of MAYBE freezing them.

2 Spark AoEs: Well we all have our own opinions on these...in pvp they are beast cause you can possibly one shot people, whereas sutra will just tick charms most likely, but again if you don't pvp...

Wellspring: Tika, elaborate please. I don't see the point I really don't, educate me with words not guns in my face.

PvP server people really need to get off their high horses and realize there is more to the game than pvp...
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Morning Dew: We are not a freaking healer class, morning dew is freaking joke
    l2p nub. I saved barbs several times with sutra healing when cleric was lagging or not strong enough for damage spikes. Sutra healing is the highest heal-per-second spell, if you ignore it then you are not using your class at 100% power.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    DB at 10? You may as well throw your freaking money away, the increased mp cost doesn't make up for the pitiful extra damage you do, the only thing remotly useful in higher DBs is sage/demon bonuses, both are fairly nice.

You will need DB at 10 for rebirth delta etc gl finding a sucessful delta party with only lvl 5 DB....and Q.Q at mp costs since lvl 10 DB is cheaper mp wise then lvl 1 barrage for archers >.> .
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    GL doing rebirth 86+ with level 1 hailstorm ults and dragons breath.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Morning Dew: We are not a freaking healer class, morning dew is freaking joke, there is absolutly nothing you can say to change my mind on that, sutra or no sutra, if a cleric can't provide enough healing then you're freaking screwed.
    Some people use vent or other decent ways of communication. Clerics needs to res someone? You can cover any emergencies. Something went wrong in HH? You can heal the BM while the veno revives the herc. And so on. And I'm just going to guess you don't even know what cube room 47 is, but it's definately useful there.
    PvP server people really need to get off their high horses and realize there is more to the game than pvp...
    Uh, no there isn't. We're on pvp servers because pve only is boring. The game we play is a lot more interesting than yours.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Typical pvp server people, think you know everything about everything. PvP is not the entire freaking game for some people. On PvE servers if you can't get into a guild that holds 3+ territories, there isn't a point to pvp, since if you have less than 3 territories you are likely to get wiped out in 10 mins of a TW, and pvp outside of TW on pve servers is incredibly pointless.

Hailstorm: Yeah works great in pvp, yay for not caring? Rebirth? Well I haven't done it so I can't say much about that. FBs? So many other things that I would rather use to just kill the mabs instead of MAYBE freezing them.

2 Spark AoEs: Well we all have our own opinions on these...in pvp they are beast cause you can possibly one shot people, whereas sutra will just tick charms most likely, but again if you don't pvp...

Wellspring: Tika, elaborate please. I don't see the point I really don't, educate me with words not guns in my face.

i'm not in a pvp server and i disagree with everything you say.

dew: rocks
    db @5: solo grind to 100
    hailstorm: 1 of 3 skills that a mage has to stop their opponents from moving, + it's an aoe
    double fury skills: i can't remember the last time i didn't fire off a mountain seize in tw when i got 2 fury ready for it. pve wise, using a spark is more mp efficient; in pvp, it just gets you targeted
    wellspring: 15k mp looks cool, and that there level 100 skills power is drawn entirely from your mp pool. so, don't aim for 100, bucko
  • Chrysocolla - Harshlands
    Chrysocolla - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Exactly. 40mil to just get the skills u need to play your class is alot. With that you could have started a veno at lvl 1 with a herc and nix ready to go. Which would u rather have? If you picked the wiz, you must love your class.
    No, the thread proves nothing since other classes have to buy skills to (b:shocked) and all classes have roughly the same cost in total at the end.. Skills of the same starting lvl generally cost the same over all classes, lvl10 ulti's cost 4.06m in total for all classes, all masteries cost 1.071m to get to lvl10, ect...
    And 44m isnt as bad as it sounds considering your paying that over however long it takes you to get from 1-9X, not in one go, so you cant compare it to a WF having to pay $400 straight to get a herc+nix at lvl1...
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    mage spends more than any other class, skill-wise. they have 3 ultimate skills(only class that needs all of their 59 skills), that alone is 12m. that's more than you've spent on all of your skills i'm sure.

mage also has the same amount of skills as a veno, and only has less than a warrior(which a warrior wont max every single skill anyways, that's 4 branches).

mage is the only class that pretty much needs their 79 skills

the list goes on, if you want to keep going
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have to agree with Forp here.
    A mage basically needs all the available skills (with a few exceptions) and they are damn right expensive. Other classes can just focus on one branch, but for wizz that's not an option. Las time I upgraded a bunch of non primary skills I got scared at the amount of coins I was missing after.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    you forgot the cost of buying the books/mats for the skills and lv 11 skills lol
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    pls don't ever talk about those, I'm still doing math on how can I afford both 79s.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    LOL ursa
    i got enough for undine strike im not worrying about soporific whisper until lvl 85 ish
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    LOL ursa
    i got enough for undine strike im not worrying about soporific whisper until lvl 85 ish

lol and TT90 costs like 40mil... the 90 sage skills cost 1.8mil to buy hmm and 79s are like 6mil total i think... yay=_______= and pure wiz needs like 8/9k hp for delta
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    I'm still missing about 12 more pages to get Soporific Whisper :(
    But yeah... a mage without level 79 skills = not a mage.
    Undine is what sets us apart really.
    We're so incredibly weak without it =/
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm still missing about 12 more pages to get Soporific Whisper :(
    But yeah... a mage without level 79 skills = not a mage.
    Undine is what sets us apart really.
    We're so incredibly weak without it =/

Im so happy I bought undine this weekend then b:laugh I love it! Was only 4 mil for me, pages costs really starts to drop. (Okay 5 mil including the ink).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Hurray! Welcome to part 1 of being a super awesome mage, CeliaZ! :P
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    pure wiz needs like 8/9k hp for delta

I hope ur talking about with buffs since im bearly breaking the 5k hp markb:shocked.
This discussion has been closed.