Which would you pick?

2»

Comments

• Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    1000 more damage? who the **** cares? if you hit 4k before, you'll be hitting 6k just from the +atk level it has. the 1k pve damage and 200 pvp damage wont make a damned difference.

jesus christ.

If the butterfly adds 1.3k damage, that means ~325 pvp damage, with +50 attack level that's amplified to ~472 damage, also I'm not sure even a warsoul would be able to reach 6k with gush even after attack level...5k max.

anyway my point is I'd take even a 7-8% increase in damage over an extra 600 hp...the fact that its a glaive with a wide damage range just means those 240 attack points gives you a much higher potential max damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You know that warsoul usually 1shots everything right? 6k gush add ~4k to that. Barbs with warsoul do about 10k in dmg
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    1.3k pve damage is ~300 pvp damage. assuming you hit 2k with glacial snare, it would hit 3k now. assuming you hit 4-5k with black ice dragon, it would be hitting 6-7.5k now.

assuming you add ~400 damage onto that, what is the difference?

there isn't one. so choosing these weapons based on the mods they offer is ****. the only reason i would choose the butterfly is for the -chan. however, i like my defense. and i plan to increase it to be able to tank physical damage without harm. the sword gives that.

(Doesn't preduction only factor in AFTER your pdef? As in 50% pdef of 1000 damage -> 500 damage, then it reduces that 500 by 3%?, not the entire 1000 damage by 53%?)

no. decrease physical harm is stacked onto your current physical resistance. that's why it's so valuable. a weapon i was aiming for gives +3% physical reduction, and +200 or so pdef. so that's like +5% more physical reduction for me.

my pants, my necklace, and my hat, all have +1% physical reduction.

archers hit me for under 700 using skills. normal shot is ~500 from a +7 hh80 gold bow w/ gloom effect on.
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Forp, I'm actually amazed at your ability to be so consistently wrong. I mean, if you were just randomly guessing you should be right about half the time you spout your bull****. But you aren't. That's incredible.

I'm almost tempted to credit you for a campaign of deliberate misinformation and trolling, but I suspect you're just really stupid.

Pro tip: any time Forp says anything, assume the opposite is true.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Forp, I'm actually amazed at your ability to be so consistently wrong. I mean, if you were just randomly guessing you should be right about half the time you spout your bull****. But you aren't. That's incredible.

I'm almost tempted to credit you for a campaign of deliberate misinformation and trolling, but I suspect you're just really stupid.

Erm, you are saying he is wrong without ANY argument. Prove that he is wrong and we will talk further on. Never had debating class at school?

Plus although the glaive does more damage, and even if that damage really IS quite more then the sword, the sword already does so much damage, that more damage wouldnt matter imo. If you are the only one on the server with a warsoul, you would be better then everyone even with the sword.

oh And, if you really put so much time and money in it, I think it isnt wrong at all to pick the one that looks the best. It's not like you'll be getting a bad weapon with the sword.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Xarfox has just confirmed that additional ways to get chips will be added, I guess we may see some warsouls sooner than expected.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009

cool story, bro b:bye
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Man, great minds think alike b:chuckle
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i would choose mysto caster.

since that weapon will be +12 for sure, at the end the damage difference is small between all 3, but the blue bonuses from the mysto caster would help me more.

more magic, more mp, better damage from manifest virtue. magic stat really adds a lot of damage the higher your lvl.

more vitality, more hp, more survivability and it has +3% physical damage reduction. those small bonuses from vit to magic defense and physical defense are not so small at higher lvls.

yes i'll take mysto caster please.
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Leonnator - Sanctuary
    Leonnator - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    So what you guys are saying is that damage is so high it's like choosing between a rapier or a katana while everyone else just have wooden swords?b:dirty
    Too bad I will never get a warsoulb:cry
    Casters FTWb:victory
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    for a wizard yes, like king solomon said, giving a wizard a warsoul is like giving bin laden a nuke
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • cryo
    cryo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    1.3k pve damage is ~300 pvp damage. assuming you hit 2k with glacial snare, it would hit 3k now. assuming you hit 4-5k with black ice dragon, it would be hitting 6-7.5k now.

assuming you add ~400 damage onto that, what is the difference?

there isn't one. so choosing these weapons based on the mods they offer is ****. the only reason i would choose the butterfly is for the -chan. however, i like my defense. and i plan to increase it to be able to tank physical damage without harm. the sword gives that.

no. decrease physical harm is stacked onto your current physical resistance. that's why it's so valuable. a weapon i was aiming for gives +3% physical reduction, and +200 or so pdef. so that's like +5% more physical reduction for me.

my pants, my necklace, and my hat, all have +1% physical reduction.

archers hit me for under 700 using skills. normal shot is ~500 from a +7 hh80 gold bow w/ gloom effect on.
    the difference between 0 and 400 is roughly 400 if your going to talk nonsense you could just babble to yourself and then noone has to be made dumber reading what you write.
    see now if your getting hit for the extra 400 whats 3% off 400. 12, bloody 12
    please do pick the inferior weapon why even bother to upgrade at all man whats the difference huh go back to the level one weapon imo so you hit for 6k less whats the difference huh its just a number.
    your as theoretically gifted as a coma patient
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Me choose....Bacon Axes for me warsoul weapon!
    b:chuckle
    but it's not listed as a choice~ QQ~~
    lols~
    Everyone will fear me! (for about half a second since they'll think im a BM gone mad during that time)

<--- me am a heavy armor fist wizard who happens to be too poor to afford the heavy armor and fists so stuck with arcane robes and magic weapons.
    b:chuckle
    also all me stats decided to hop into MAG.
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    OMG Necro!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2009
    and to this day I would still take the sword over the quoit. looks better. b:bye
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Daily necrohunt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.