GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Im a dude b:bye
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    IMO, male clerics look funny when casting, lols.

b:chuckle
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Somehow each class has its own characteristics... *in my opinion*

Wizzi - rather quiet ppl
    BM - proud (alwady busy with compare their crit/armor/Lv with others xD)
    Barb - sq joker (and somehow a little bit perverted sometimes ;X)
    Veno - somehow... dominant
    Archer - adventure seeker (prepare for trouble, archers are crazy ;D)
    and Cleric - convivial (yeah i prefer group play too, even when grinding) b:victory

And I think girls prefer to play a class that plays a lot with other.

btw female ig/rl too b:bye

o.o man i wanted to be different but i'm like all the other archers b:sad

Serious during fbs i charge head first into mobs and tank them all despite there being a barb and BM.

And uh on topic.. I play a male cleric.. i kinda neglected him since I can just play on my gf's sexy cleric lol.. bikinis are win b:dirty

Also i'd rather.. a girl cleric thrusting her chest towards me while doing ironheart vs a guy thrusting his chest to heal me..
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Somehow each class has its own characteristics... *in my opinion*

Wizzi - rather quiet ppl
    BM - proud (alwady busy with compare their crit/armor/Lv with others xD)
    Barb - sq joker (and somehow a little bit perverted sometimes ;X)
    Veno - somehow... dominant
    Archer - adventure seeker (prepare for trouble, archers are crazy ;D)
    and Cleric - convivial (yeah i prefer group play too, even when grinding) b:victory

And I think girls prefer to play a class that plays a lot with other.

btw female ig/rl too b:bye

Sometimes I really wonder why I'm a cleric, because I really hate partying with others, haha. I like helping people when they don't expect it with random buffs XD But I mostly fight myself anyway. I guess I just like being able to heal and buff myself. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    What is wrong with male playing female cleric as long as they doing their jop?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Girl IRL/IG, here.

I see a LOT of male clerics around, but, most of the time, I find they are either those who run only with guilds, or they are soloers - or they stick to doing instances like TT and FBs. Add to this that a LOT of people seem to prefer "something nice to look at", and thus create a female character to play as.

Add to this the stereotypical role of the woman as the healer/cleric (boot up ANY Final Fantasy game, I dare you, and find me a male healer), the overall social belief that being the healer-class is a girly job - despite the cleric in this game being a literal glass cannon when specced right - and you have a lot of very insecure men who prefer to play as females to hide that they don't mind healing people and overall not trying to **** off the territory all the time.
  • GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I play a male because im a male, and i get alot of PMs saying i look smexy :)

got chain pants and boots wid no shirt b:bye

If im a male playing a girl its more like eye candy but i dont level as fast, playing a male makes me think i look "Cool" instead of "Sexy" and i level faster when i think im cool -_-
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Girl IRL/IG, here.

I see a LOT of male clerics around, but, most of the time, I find they are either those who run only with guilds, or they are soloers - or they stick to doing instances like TT and FBs. Add to this that a LOT of people seem to prefer "something nice to look at", and thus create a female character to play as.

Add to this the stereotypical role of the woman as the healer/cleric (boot up ANY Final Fantasy game, I dare you, and find me a male healer), the overall social belief that being the healer-class is a girly job - despite the cleric in this game being a literal glass cannon when specced right - and you have a lot of very insecure men who prefer to play as females to hide that they don't mind healing people and overall not trying to **** off the territory all the time.

FF10, I made Kimari (The Zonzo guy) [Spelling...] the healer lol. (He went Yuna's path then Lulu's xD [spheregrid])

^Lol, anyone can be healer in FF10, I taught Tidus Flare in it for lulz.

FF8, there is no healing class, just whoever drew cure/ra/aga
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver
    Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    got chain pants and boots wid no shirt b:bye

This made me smile. Of course you wear Chain Pants with Chain Boots and no shirt.....just like the other 95% of people who play a male character on this server. It's either that or shorts with flippity flops, right?

For the purposes of the thread, I'm a male who also plays a male Cleric. Things like "smexy" pixels and the ability to look at a female's rear are non-factors when I decide to spend a few hours gaming. Hell, I have a hard enough time trying to justify to my GF why I play these games in the first instance; if she saw me running around as a female, I'd only invite more questions b:surrender

I also don't play the Cleric due to some intrinsic need to help people and become Mr Altruistic. It was a calculated decision based upon versatility. I figured that if I was going to have a main to play, it might as well be a main that can fulfil numerous roles. I get just as much pleasure out of de-buffing and attacking as I do healing and supporting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elf Priest | Dreamweaver | Faction: Mayhem
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2009
    Options
    All the guys are Venos
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    maybe there's just a lot of girls that play this class?

how do you know i'm not a girl? b:question
  • GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    This made me smile. Of course you wear Chain Pants with Chain Boots and no shirt.....just like the other 95% of people who play a male character on this server. It's either that or shorts with flippity flops, right?

For the purposes of the thread, I'm a male who also plays a male Cleric. Things like "smexy" pixels and the ability to look at a female's rear are non-factors when I decide to spend a few hours gaming. Hell, I have a hard enough time trying to justify to my GF why I play these games in the first instance; if she saw me running around as a female, I'd only invite more questions b:surrender

I also don't play the Cleric due to some intrinsic need to help people and become Mr Altruistic. It was a calculated decision based upon versatility. I figured that if I was going to have a main to play, it might as well be a main that can fulfil numerous roles. I get just as much pleasure out of de-buffing and attacking as I do healing and supporting.

LoL Elven, i dont even play when my GF comes over, she knows i play it, but gets mad if i dont spend all 100% of myself on her. So i kno what ya mean lolz and noo i dont have a online GF thats just creepy
  • Reico_matrix - Dreamweaver
    Reico_matrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Because the idea of a healer and a caretaker is a feminine thing, women naturally make better clerics.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    maybe there's just a lot of girls that play this class?

how do you know i'm not a girl? b:question
    Lets just call it a girls hunch.... that your not a girl >.>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Because the idea of a healer and a caretaker is a feminine thing, women naturally make better clerics.
    Funny thing i noticed is if a man acts like that, he gains popularity from the girls >.> rather than the 'OMGZ lookat ME sh00t!' cleric.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Lets just call it a girls hunch.... that your not a girl >.>;

prove it.

for all you know, i could be a puppy.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    prove it.

for all you know, i could be a puppy.
    D= ...you dont deserve to be a puppy
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    D= ...you dont deserve to be a puppy

b:scorn
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    All the guys are Venos

No they aren't.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Opaline - Dreamweaver
    Opaline - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    That's just a stereotype.
    I've met just as many male clerics as female.
    And most of the female clerics are probably actually guys who think that clerics are "supposed" to be female so they rolled a female.
  • SilentBless - Heavens Tear
    SilentBless - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    im a guy in real life and a guy cleric in game toooooooooo.. my wife loves me. so i dont find anything wrong w/ itb:victory
  • MiniFace - Lost City
    MiniFace - Lost City Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    male irl,and In-game.

next acc I will make is a veno though.. so I guess I have to be a girl. b:cry
    PERIODS ARE DIRTY!

hahahahhaha.
    PM me on Lost City if you need some help b:laugh
  • Anfallas - Harshlands
    Anfallas - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I have actually met waaaaay more male clerics than I have females. All the girls I met want to be tough archers, (which I think it seriously awesome, go girls!) The males however, all a mix of cleric and archer, but most of the ones I regularly squad with are male clerics, and I haven't really met many female clerics. Maybe it's just the different servers?

Oh, and to be, sort of, on topic,
    The reason I chose a cleric is because A) I don't like having to buy real in-game weapons b:laugh (I'm cheap like that, lol) and B) I chose it over other races because they wings were pretty b:pleased
  • ThorbMD - Lost City
    ThorbMD - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    They look better. Guy clerics are ugly and I regret mine.
  • Aendil - Lost City
    Aendil - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Reallife and ingame a Guy, i played priests and clerics since my early days in Rpg, and elves too... so the male cleric Choice came naturally.

Aendil
  • rinalol
    rinalol Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    errrrrmm...real life girl with cleric guy ingame? 8D;;

lol reason? my main chara was a guy in my rpgs in the past, so he will be now too
  • Magnificowiz - Dreamweaver
    Magnificowiz - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    im a dude and i have a guy cleric. I originally had a barb but my IRL friends made me become a cleric cause they needed one. The one problem is that im so scatterbrained i forget to heal my friends or my self and someone ends up dying, but that's just me. I take out my desire to destroy things with a blademaster i made recently, but i prefer to do things like that irl(not to animals). i just did it cause i don't like buying potions, and speaking of potions an instant potion would be nice, i can tell you how many times ive been killed before a potion takes affect. i don't particularly like grouping and Most of my friends don't play PW. (1 can't download it until he gets a new computer, 2 of them jumped ship to WoW , my sis doesn't like it much(she sux) and and the last friend makes mentally disabled people seem like freaking stepen hawking when it comes to this game, All IRl. And the female nurturing thing is a stupid stereotype started in early Europe. though that's what many do cause of the entire child-bearing thing. I know girls/women that would just as soon rip out your still betting heart, shove down you throat and watch you choke on it than help you.
  • John_Scott - Sanctuary
    John_Scott - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    well im a guy in rl so all but my veno are male quite simply coz the game kinda doesnt allow male venos for some odd reason, i mean some guys could easily train pets and such, jst like female barbs could easily do wat male barbs do.

as for guys flirting with me its happened once, it doesnt bother me, if ur a male and play a female character prepare to be flirted with, if not dont be female simple as.

Current Characters (jst incase ur wondering)
    Blademaster - Male
    Venomancer - Female (duh lol)
    Cleric - Male

and tbh i agree tht female characters are gd looking
  • Temblor - Harshlands
    Temblor - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The OP is wrong, there are as many cleric males as females.

PS: Also why isn't there a fifth option "I'm a girl IRL and I play a male char." I'm a girl IRL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kiss my pointy ears!
    Girl IRL-guy cleric IG.b:cute
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    5) I'm girls and guys in game, in rl I'm girl b:cute
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory