Your Epic Fail Thread.

Comments

• HuntresPrime - Lost City
    HuntresPrime - Lost City Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i said that like a long time ago in an earlier post, copy cat >_>
    well scuse me missy i dont read every single page of every ones fails to make me feel better.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You get double rep for FBs when you're the tabber.

It is good to know that the tabber gets something. I always thought it was lame that the tabber got less than everyone else (I cannot imagine the designers expected people to let the tabber keep all the good drops so the game appeared to be designed in such a way that the tabber got the least).
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My most recent fail happened was when I thought I was being a clever cheap **** by making this 3.5k piece of equip instead of buying it. The problem was that I needed a couple of mats. If I need a material, I usually grind for it. But it was like 3am and I was nearly keeling over from a headache so I decided to catshop it.

After 3 hours of randomly checking catshops in West Arch, I finally decide to give in and buy the mat I needed for a bit more than I intended. Right before I buy it, I habitually check my notepad and realize I need two. When I bought it, something made me double check my notepad. That's when I realized that the mats I bought cost more than the equip I was about to make. Refund please?? ;_;

So, I went on and made my equip and it came out with no special features whatsoever. b:sad

Fortunately, today made up for my fail when I found a slotted skirt I needed just floating in front of my face after I logged on and when a 3-slot shirt dropped while questing. So...yay! b:victory

I'm still kind of a newb and reading through this thread is making me wonder how many mistakes I'm still making...
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • Dinneta - Lost City
    Dinneta - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My first character on Delphi was a Magician, and for the life of me couldn't figure out why I was having such trouble killing mobs at level 30 when I went back to her a while back, and looked at her vitality.....35 on, I guess, a really screwed up LA build. b:sad

On Delphi the cost in coin to restat her properly would have been in the millions.
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Kept maxing Quickshot on my first character

D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Kept maxing Quickshot on my first character

D:

Yes...yes that is fail lol.
  • Queenofpower - Dreamweaver
    Queenofpower - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Got timed out of room 49 in the cube b:cry didnt know abt the 2 mins b:cry
  • Candydrop - Lost City
    Candydrop - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Selling about 10 copper dragon orders for 25k total instead of 25k each...i was a noob and the AH confused me

I think i bought ur orders b:pleased b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Just remembered another epic fail. Was doing cube one night and I made it to room 50 fairly painlessly. Was all set to talk to the npc and get my 400k exp when I noticed the two new NPCs in the corners. Well, let's take a look and see what their function is. Talked to one NPC and then talked to the other.....wtf?!?!? Got teleported back to room 1! I had forgotten about the bomb I had picked up a few rooms back. The timer had expired. I even had the timer on the right-side of my screen since I track all quest timers to make sure I can finish in time. Getting back to room 50 was not as easy the second time around either. Moral of the story: Don't get distracted by shiny things.
  • Farain - Dreamweaver
    Farain - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I was a level 9 noob veno, (am still a nood, but getting better).
    I got a quest direction arrow and didn't know the what quest it was for, so I decided to follow it.
    I started in Lost city, and it took me into the mountains where I was seeing a bunch of orange names. Well I died a few times, but kept following the arrow until I wound up in Thousand streams. The arrow pointed to to blue door that I could not enter.
    That was when I finally tried to talk to somebody, they told me that I was to young for that quest, and to dismiss it and go home.

When I finally made it back to Lost City I thought that the Celestial stone that I had caused the quest, so I NPC'd it for 500 coin.

It sucks being a noob, and I hope to cure this affliction sometime soon.

Ps I walked to thousand streams to see if I could activate the teleport point I could not, so I had to walk back to Lost city again.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    you couldve town portaled in the 1k streams area to goto town
  • Yukiko - Lost City
    Yukiko - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    you couldve town portaled in the 1k streams area to goto town

IIRC, it has a level 40 level requirement.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Sigh, just did this about 30 minutes ago.

I accidentally dropped a bit over 1 million coin on the ground while transferring stuff to/from my cat shop. For some reason, I'm guessing because of lag, I couldn't pick it up. I tried hitting the pickup hotkey, clicking on the hotkey with the mouse, and clicking on the coins. Multiple times. None of them worked.

Then I watched as someone ran by and picked it up. No attempt to give it back or anything, the jerk just took it and ran. My opinion of the playerbase is greatly diminished... b:angry
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My Epic Fail:

I was farming for Ult. Subs. mats in Santuary. As you know, when you farms mats, mobs are close to the mats and if you attack the mob somebody else might take the mat while you are busy with the mob. This has happened to me several times

Well, I see a mat close to two mobs. A cleric is flying static above the mats. I;m assuming she is trying to make a decision if fighting the mobs or go away.

I noticed she decided to go for the mob and I decided to help killing the mob to avoid anyone taking the mat.

As soon as I start helping killing the mobs. She says the following: "I will never forget this". then leaves without finishing the mobs or taking the mats.

Then I noticed my mistake. She wanted the mobs, not the mats. I felt like an idiot as she thought I was KSING.

I could not give an explanation as I got busy with two mobs and she left right away.b:laugh
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    nb5cap.png
  • blademaster661
    blademaster661 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    well someone sold an verenda top for 40k if that counts lol
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i did that before, but luckily when soloing TT i bring an alt who has a herc too LOL. it just takes over while i resummon. i have 2 hercs and 2 phoenixes >_>

^ this would have to be an epic fail posting this on the forums your not supposed to have more then 1 account let alone play em both at the same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ^ this would have to be an epic fail posting this on the forums your not supposed to have more then 1 account let alone play em both at the same time.

incorrect, only against rules if they are being played from same computer

my fail :believing a friend will sell me orbs today/gold so not buying gold from AH on friday and now there is only 2 gold in ah and its for 50k more then 2 days ago

there goes my time spent on saving coins for orb sale b:cry
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lol luckily pwi wasnt my first mmo so i dind't make THAT much of a noobish mistake but the worst is not discovering that i could free tele to archosaur from any major town.. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Just happened today.....trying to +5 my already +4 axe. Got my +5 orb I needed to upgrade...but forgot to put it in and........b:sad. After that...I tried to +2 it w/o using any orbs and kept failing on +2. Got tired of all the failing, I ended up buying orbs and +2 to +5 my axe again. All together I wasted an extra 7-8 golds to get my axe to +4 again. My mirages went from 76 back down to 43b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Just happened today.....trying to +5 my already +4 axe. Got my +5 orb I needed to upgrade...but forgot to put it in and........b:sad. After that...I tried to +2 it w/o using any orbs and kept failing on +2. Got tired of all the failing, I ended up buying orbs and +2 to +5 my axe again. All together I wasted an extra 7-8 golds to get my axe to +4 again. My mirages went from 76 back down to 43b:cry

I lol'd at that :P
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i spent 3 hours grinding, making money to get a decent genie and a charm, well i gathered aroun 600k, and i went to west arch, was laggy and saw someone selling ultimate substances for 62k each, so i bouhgt 5, only then to realise they were those stupid hp recovery powders! what a waste of 300k! =O
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    *coughs* b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    my biggest fail was ever voting for george w bush when he first ran thinking hed bring GOOD change >_>;
  • Caestus - Sanctuary
    Caestus - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    EDIT: deleted link cause of thread being removed.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    EDIT: deleted link cause of thread being removed.

Naw they just merged the threads its post no. 5 now lol.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=309601
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Lol soooo wheres the GM fails >.<
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    well today, I got an exp stone for my genie from wather of the earth.

I was trying to transfer the exps from the stone to my genie. I did a big mistake, I tranfered my owns exps rather than the one from the stone.

I tranfered all my exps at the moment (20% of what I needed to level up). that leveled up my genie from 5 to 29 lol.

While I was doing it was like: "wow this stone is so good, my genie is leveling up fast". After I was done, I see my own exps on 0% lol.
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    my biggest fail was ever voting for george w bush when he first ran thinking hed bring GOOD change >_>;
    Wow, I was sure you were like 13, but this puts you at no younger than 26. b:surprised
  • OO_Byakko_Oo - Sanctuary
    OO_Byakko_Oo - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    - Before i erased my first character ever on PWI, RyuuseiTwain (lvl50 BM), i decided to do a last fb39 run. Almost all the team was in the cave, and the ones that were in (along those, me) were told they could start cleaning up. As i was lvl50, i thought i could take care of some mobs, so i targeted a Nether Servant. As its attack is Magic, it quickly killed me and we had to wait for the team's cleric to arrive. after that i just kept doing little extra damage during all the fb XD

- Team for Suzerix: My veno alt (KyuubiNaruko, also on Sanctuary) was lvl46. I asked on the fac and a high lvl Wiz poped up. We formed team with him and some others on the fac that needed Suz too. We were gathering to make a plan (though...Suz is Wizard's Kun Kun XD). When we thought we were safe, Suzerix suddenly poped up right behind us. While most of the team managed to fly away to safety, i didn't react as fast b:surrender We had to wait for the cleric on the team to arrive and res me. While it was arriving, i made comments on team chat about me still having that res scroll in the bank thinking i wouldn't really need it XD

- On my way earlier days at PWI, when Ryuusei existed, i missed my fb19 boss kill (somehow) so i asked in my fac if someone could help me. The leader herself (a lvl60+ cleric in that time) told me she would help me. So we formed team along with another cleric just in case.When we got to the boss room, she started gathering the mobs to use Tempest on them. Something happened that got us killed all...except the other cleric...that just kept running around being chased by the mobs (luckily not by the boss). We had to get out of the cave, and at the safe area, we got to know she had ran out of mana to res us and, anyway, the fact she was being chased by mobs wouldn't have helped.

- I once had a great chance to buy widgeted Wings of Daedalus for /Hope\ (my cleric, also at Sanctuary) at AH for around 2.2m. I nearly had that much and selling some stuff would have helped, but i waited too much and i eventually forgot about the wings at AH and started asking in West Arch, just to end up getting normal WOD at 1.8m...a lost chance i will hardly ever forget b:cry (btw...i know it's not the place to do this but...WTT Seraphic Mist Wings for normal WOD + 150k XD...or eventually Buy them)

- The fact i erased my first char, lvl50 BM, for own reasons counts as an Epic Fail? XD
This discussion has been closed.