Beware Of This Scam!!

Options
124»

Comments

• Mariejjane - Sanctuary
    Mariejjane - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    you do not sell things cheaper, you sell them for ridiculous prices, like trying to get a spurred raptor for a wof. then you go and try and get people to sell you gold for 100k when standard is up in the 110-120ks. cutting people like that for profit is cheap.

lol that time i was noob spured raptor lol long time ago... i learn from all deal i made, see now i have my nix and herc and nice black raptor and still buy gold 100k and sell items for rate of 105 per gold i make 5k on 1 gold

so what is the problem now ???
    100 demon veno
    90 sage barb
    90 demon psy
    90 demon cleric
    b:bye
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    lol that time i was noob spured raptor lol long time ago... i learn from all deal i made, see now i have my nix and herc and nice black raptor and still buy gold 100k and sell items for rate of 105 per gold i make 5k on 1 gold

so what is the problem now ???
    which you got by talking people into selling battle pet packs from newbs for like half of what theyre worth. go away scammerrrrrr, phoenixes and hercs shouldnt be in the hands of conmen.
  • Mariejjane - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    which you got by talking people into selling battle pet packs from newbs for like half of what theyre worth. go away scammerrrrrr, phoenixes and hercs shouldnt be in the hands of conmen.

not my problem if you sell force - and feather for 2.5k and i sell them 2.2k

who is the scammer now lol ??

bet this.. any one pm me ask me my price on stuff and pm tear se who have the best price

oh yes her gold is 110 -120 my is 105 all time b:kissb:bye
    100 demon veno
    90 sage barb
    90 demon psy
    90 demon cleric
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i dont see how that is relevant to anything, but since you cannot come up with a coherent backing to your arguments, i will take my leave of you scam lord.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Don't I get any fancy title? I made 5mil in a few hours during jolly old jones.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    nah, youre fine, that was an event where makin money is easy.
    talking people out of their items for cheap **** prices is scummy.
  • Mariejjane - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Don't I get any fancy title? I made 5mil in a few hours during jolly old jones.

making money its now a scam b:victory
    100 demon veno
    90 sage barb
    90 demon psy
    90 demon cleric
  • ghelland
    ghelland Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    when i hit the catshops to find items/gear or crafting components i will always go to three or four different sellers. i have seen some outragious prices even for level 1-2 items. these idiots who are charging out outragous prices tell me two things one they think everyone is stupid and 2 they are too lazy to make the money like the rest of us, not sure if thats how they are in RL or just in game but it does make you wonder... an easy way to get rid of these rip-off artists is to shop around don't buy from their shops
  • fyreal
    fyreal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    So is there a chance to get a lion mount from a rainbow egg? If so it is not so much false advertising as too little information, but that is just a side effect of forcing us to keep our cat shop titles so short. I always use every available character for my cat ship title, but it is still never enough to say as much as I would like. If I had my way you would know whether you wanted to look at my wares just from the title. As it is, I can only give the most general information and hope it is enough. It would be nice to have a title long enough to let people interested in what I have sell know that it was worth looking at and save everyone else the trouble of bothering to look. I have no desire to waste the time of people that are not interested in my wares.

This is exactly why selling four gems for one price and one gem for a much higher price is not a scam. Allow people a title long enough to say "most of the gems here are 5k but one is 200k" and problem solved.

I have seen so many occasions where someone is selling a potion or a quiver of arrows for millions of coin. Ban them? I hope not.

This also happens on accident. Someone makes a typo, and either rips someone off or gets ripped off themselves. And catshop logs don't tell you who to give refunds to. The auction house is a prime example of this. Sellers make typos all the time.

So, ban catshops that are misleading? If so, where is this huge fuzzy line that divides misleading from honest?

Part of what separates the good players from the noobs is knowledge of prices of different items. So you got screwed over due to lack of knowledge of an items price? Should we ban the seller because the buyer is ignorant, or had one ignorant moment?
  • Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver
    Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    It's things like this that prove rules need to change.

There should not be "buyer beware"

It should be "Seller be banned" so this kind of scamming never happens again.

lol.. are you kidding me?

its the buyers fault that they are being scammed. the seller is the smart one in all of this. yes unethical but smart. IT IS YOUR FAULT FOR BUYING OVER PRICED ITEMS! IT IS YOUR JOB TO LOOK OUT FOR YOUR MONEY!!!

but what I would like to see is a price cap on items so sneaky business like the one OP mentioned are harder to pull off.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lol.. are you kidding me?

its the buyers fault that they are being scammed. the seller is the smart one in all of this. yes unethical but smart. IT IS YOUR FAULT FOR BUYING OVER PRICED ITEMS! IT IS YOUR JOB TO LOOK OUT FOR YOUR MONEY!!!

but what I would like to see is a price cap on items so sneaky business like the one OP mentioned are harder to pull off.

What is difference between overpricing one item 1000 coins or 10 items 100 coins? Price caps would turn into minimun prices in very short order, you can see that all over the world, as soon as a price cap gets implemented, than everyone will charge that amount.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver
    Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    What is difference between overpricing one item 1000 coins or 10 items 100 coins? Price caps would turn into minimun prices in very short order, you can see that all over the world, as soon as a price cap gets implemented, than everyone will charge that amount.

ahh... i didnt think of that...

than no cap it is... but seriously.. people need to open their eyes when they are buying something... its your fault for buying a lousy gem for 200k when its not worth near that amount.
  • ItzPaine - Lost City
    ItzPaine - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If you get scammed then you deserve it because you should always pay attention there is nothing wrong with what those people did sorry for those of you who don't pay attention but it's a good lesson in life.
    XBOX Live Gamertag:VincentV4Gaara
    MySpace URL:myspace.com/thomashoyt
    MySpace Account Name:T Rated
  • miera
    miera Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The first concept you need to grab here, is that none of the posts here are supporting the so called "scam". There is a concensus that this behaviour is in not so many words, BAD.

A lot of what they are trying to say is, it is YOUR responsibility to take care of YOURSELF.
  • miera
    miera Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    It's a scam. End of. No argument.

The fact that a player can try to take advantage of their fellow player who is merely trying to get through the game and take a huge sum of coin from them for their own gain is bad enough, but when the player who get's scammed is called an idiot, stupid and flamed and the scammer encouraged, you really begin to wonder =/

I'm thoroughly disgusted with a large number of posters in this thread. I'm absolutely certain 50% of players in any mmo are greedy, lazy, cheating scammers, therefore despicable behavior will almost always be defended to the death.

There's nothing right about taking advantage of, ripping off or scamming people and there never will be, no matter how much you pretend or reason it b:angry

The first concept you need to grab here, is that none of the posts here are supporting the so called "scam". There is a concensus that this behaviour is in not so many words, BAD.

A lot of what they are trying to say is, it is YOUR responsibility to take care of YOURSELF.
  • skell7
    skell7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The player(the one who sets the shop) is obviously trying to take advantage of the buyer(whatever the situation of the buyer may be). No matter if you want to call it "scam" or "trick" like someone did, it is indeed dishonest and by all means wrong. I would really like to know a GM's opinion on the matter, though.
  • Chowy - Lost City
    Chowy - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Lol scams...

You just gotta check stuff before you buy it. Double check the number of stones, double check the cost. Or you can just remember the cost of your daily stone quest, like for 81+, it's 71550, and thats how I know I'm buying the right number of stones.

Although I'm surprised people actually buy stones from catshops near, it really isn't that far of a run to the nearest merchant
    edited June 2009
    Options
    uh yeah we got this was a scam, why bump this to repeat the same debates O: