Beware Of This Scam!!

Comments

• whoisthis
    whoisthis Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It's things like this that prove rules need to change.

There should not be "buyer beware"

It should be "Seller be banned" so this kind of scamming never happens again.

rofl.... if you are stupid enough not to check how much your buying things for, its your own fault for getting scammed.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, that is what retail sales is. They buy at wholesale prices from the manufacturers and sell it to us for 3 times as much. And the worst part is that we are not even allowed to buy from the manufacturers ourselves. You have to have a business license to do that. We are actually forced by law to let the retailers rip us off.
    this is why walmart was invented. they use outsourcing, generic products, and sweatshops to lower prices for us stingy americans :D. same with Kmart the poor man's sears club/montgomery ward xD

take your card out of your wallet and say **** you costco
  • whoisthis
    edited May 2009
    Here it is, simple fact:

Prices, never go up. Only the greed of the players does.

I'm already looking for another game before this one dies an early death like the other dozen or so mmos I've played due to the insane greed of the players.

Although I'd have no trouble affording the prices, as usual with any mmo. Only since I'm a high level though.

rofl... you are a funny person, i have a new theory on zoe, she isnt really as stupid as we think she is, she is **** around with us to aggravate us by making herself seem stupid, i mean not one person i know has ever made such an obviously dense and unintelligent statement before. either your ignorant and uniformed about economics zoe, or your just tiddlywinking all of us... or is it hoodwinking... w/e
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    no, she really is just that delusional. shes spends every part of her day at school and/or playing PW. lol when shes on PW its like 15 hours a day. all she does is kill monsters like a robot.

how do you expect to learn anything pressing the venomous scarab hotkey over and over?
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Happened to a friend of mine. It sucks, but that's why I always craft my CS gems myself and not buy them from Catshops when they're already over priced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • __Longshot__ - Sanctuary
    __Longshot__ - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I replied to this thread earlier, then went and did my crazy stones later. While waiting 10 minutes i checked out the shops around Hou Jenshi. There were 2 shops that tried to pull off this scam.

Like i said earlier, always check your price before buying, seems this scam is catchy.
  • Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary
    Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    *sigh* even in life you double check before purchasing something and check again if you are unsure keep in mind the person maybe scamming you but its still your job to double check, but its always nice to post warnings on forums anyways :D b:victory
    rawr^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    is there any GM who keeps an eye on the Arch catshops? there are some that i have seen, that i really wonder about the owners honesty/ethics. one comes to mind that is selling rainbow eggs, but with the sign up saying "Lion Mounts". my daughter and i have seen that particular shop up for days-she actually saw it go up, and was excited about the chance for a lion-and there never has had a lion there ever. just the eggs. anywhere else, that would be false advertising, especially since the chance of one of those eggs having a mount is so infinitesimal.

there are so many good shops, and cool things for sale...then there are the rotten apples to spoil things..i wish sellers could be banned.

It's things like this that prove rules need to change.

There should not be "buyer beware"

It should be "Seller be banned" so this kind of scamming never happens again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • whoisthis
    edited May 2009
    you cant ban people because they put ridiculously high prices on an item, its YOUR fault for not checking the prices, its 100% PREVENTABLE. just check the buy price before you click ok... not that hard.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    is there any GM who keeps an eye on the Arch catshops? there are some that i have seen, that i really wonder about the owners honesty/ethics. one comes to mind that is selling rainbow eggs, but with the sign up saying "Lion Mounts". my daughter and i have seen that particular shop up for days-she actually saw it go up, and was excited about the chance for a lion-and there never has had a lion there ever. just the eggs. anywhere else, that would be false advertising, especially since the chance of one of those eggs having a mount is so infinitesimal.

there are so many good shops, and cool things for sale...then there are the rotten apples to spoil things..i wish sellers could be banned.

So is there a chance to get a lion mount from a rainbow egg? If so it is not so much false advertising as too little information, but that is just a side effect of forcing us to keep our cat shop titles so short. I always use every available character for my cat ship title, but it is still never enough to say as much as I would like. If I had my way you would know whether you wanted to look at my wares just from the title. As it is, I can only give the most general information and hope it is enough. It would be nice to have a title long enough to let people interested in what I have sell know that it was worth looking at and save everyone else the trouble of bothering to look. I have no desire to waste the time of people that are not interested in my wares.
  • Lycanclaw - Heavens Tear
    Lycanclaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    first of all its not much of a scam, you werent paying attention and got ripped off. bad deal, hell yea.. but not a scam. the price of everything in a catshop is shown when you move the mouse over it. if you'd taken the time to read it then it wouldn't of happend. You click buy at your own will..what this is, is too much pride to accept responsibility for what happend. if say it was **** so that the true value of the item was hidden, and instead it showed a much smaller sum, and in buying, the hidden value was charged..THAT would be a scam, but the value of the item was clearly displayed. the fact you wanted to buy the shards at a catshop at 5k each because it was right there, rather than just get them from an npc(which would work out slightly cheaper) indicates you rushed it.. and c'mon it doesent take that long to get 'em from npc's..
    what the catshop selling them did was sneaky, but thats all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RogueFox - Heavens Tear
    RogueFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Morale of the story watch wat you are buying. Player scams are big everywhere. Always check the price. And also MOVE THE DAMN SEA OF CATSHOPS ELSEWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, they make catshop city, man the lag there would be horrible yet hilarious b:laugh
    hehehe i like my sig >:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    looool this is no scammm .... this is just U not paying attension ... why pieppp do u buy shards from cat shops for daily?? takes 2 min to combine and its cheaper + the npc wont change the prices .....
    this is what we call the HUMAN RASE who put in the prices themselfs .... u the 1 buying and not paying attension i would say LMAO loooooool u shoulda looked man ... its that simple this not scamm buy this just UR OWN FAULT and now some even say bann the sellers??? ehhh try hitting urself against ur head and look next time will work better i think ... prices cant be set if its player who sells player u just gotta look what u do and buy ... dont blame others for UR MISTAKE ...

this is just like the reall world when it comes to trades we human u can expect it .... dont ever trust no1 in game not even ur own mom ...
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • cronoslave
    cronoslave Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    That's just the thing, players should NOT be able to sell at whatever price they want. EVER

I'm sure there's a "In Soviet Russia..." joke somewhere in there b:chuckle
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    That's just the thing, players should NOT be able to sell at whatever price they want. EVER

That right there ruins games when they can. This one is already starting to fall apart as a result.

You want proof? Read this topic.

This game will soon be rendered unplayable due to player greed.

looool u can make craft get EVERY ITEM URSELF ... u dont neeed to buy do u??> its ur choise .... if the game becomes like u say ... i will surely quit, catshops is a way to make good coins the person woh bought it did it himself if he didnt look or see thats his misttake end of discussion u all blaming peeps but .... only u selfs are to blame whahahab:victoryb:victory
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • LadyVvall - Sanctuary
    LadyVvall - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well I'm not going to say names of course but it was discovered several days ago that one of our faction members was one of the people scamming this way. As there are no rules against it there is technically nothing wrong with it. But it made our faction look bad, and to me that is unacceptable. The person was asked to either quit scamming people or leave the faction. As he's not left or been kicked out I can only hope he quit scamming.
    I don't like people. The sooner you can accept that, the sooner we can all go on with our insignificant lives.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    cronoslave wrote: »
    I'm sure there's a "In Soviet Russia..." joke somewhere in there b:chuckle

In Soviet Russia, Prices sell players b:chuckle
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • __Longshot__ - Sanctuary
    __Longshot__ - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If they don't do anything about this, i see in the future lots of catshops being setup with million dollar shabby stones.....
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I wonder: if the alleged offender is advertising stones for a certain price, but is running this "scam," this is a ban-able offense right?

Now Zoe on the first page suggested that it shouldn't be "buyer bewar," but rather "scammer be banned."

But if the catshop just says "Shabby here" & you buy 5 shabby shards for 200k, that seems like it's totally the buyer's fault; because, after all, I have the right to sell my anything for whatever price I want-- you and I as the buyer have the right to not buy from these shops...

anyways, it's cheaper always to make your own stones & takes a matter of 2 minutes.
  • Lycanclaw - Heavens Tear
    Lycanclaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well I'm not going to say names of course but it was discovered several days ago that one of our faction members was one of the people scamming this way. As there are no rules against it there is technically nothing wrong with it. But it made our faction look bad, and to me that is unacceptable. The person was asked to either quit scamming people or leave the faction. As he's not left or been kicked out I can only hope he quit scamming.

your faction is too uptight
    How is this a scam!? i've explained how its not, others have explained how its not, you dont get it by now!? b:angry ffs..

theres no arguable elements in saying this is a scam, nothing done was illeagal. this is exploiting stupidity, not scamming. if your against it then you probably fell for it and want revenge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    Yanjing - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It's just business. In the real world we all know of stores that overprice the things they sell, and how do we react? DON'T SHOP THERE.

Really, guys, it's about as simple as can be. They've got every right to sell their stuff for whatever price they want. Don't like it? Inspect before you buy, and just don't shop there.

Not even going to get into all the stuff Zoe posted...
    yay
  • erethizon1
    edited May 2009
    I wonder: if the alleged offender is advertising stones for a certain price, but is running this "scam," this is a ban-able offense right?

If a shop is advertising blemished stones for 4750 each and 4 of the 5 stones are up for sale for 4750 and the last one is 200k then the seller is not lying and should not be banned because he is in fact selling blemished stones for 4750. Just because some of his stones are more than that (200k in this case) does not mean that he is not selling some blemished stones for 4750.

Personally I do not think he should be banned even if every stone was 200k and he was just outright lying because I do not believe lying should be a bannable offense. It is rude, but not rude enough to warrant kicking them out of the game. I see people talking about how cool they are in world chat all the time and I am almost positive they are lying. b:laugh

You would also have to decide where it ends. I see people with shop names like "Free stuff" and "Stuff you need" and those have both been lies every time I have checked (which is not very often). Cat shop titles are so short that we have to do what we can to attract enough attention to sell things.
  • RapiBurrito - Heavens Tear
    RapiBurrito - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This game is based on Capitalism, if u get scamed, its YOUR problem.

The real life economy has showed us... Capitalism is a fail, the "liberty of market" is a fail as well.

But this is a frikin game OMG!

Just dont try to blame other cuz u dont want to check how much u are paying >_>
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This scam has been going on for months. I'd have more empathy, but when I opened the catshop there was obviously something wrong. In order to make money, they must charge more than it cost. So either they use drops, or it will be more expensive than if I just combined them myself. Since there were a good amount of each gem, and rather even distribution, it mostly removes drops as a possibility. So once the only thing left was them buying gems, combining them, and then selling at a discount it was rather obvious there had to be some catch. Moused over each gem, and found the 200k one at the end.

Dunno if this is the same guy, but the one I saw had reduced cost on the first 4 types of gem. So I bought all of them up and left him with just the over-priced one. No one else will buy since it will be obvious, and I got some cheaper gems and a sense of satisfaction b:laugh
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Dunno if this is the same guy, but the one I saw had reduced cost on the first 4 types of gem. So I bought all of them up and left him with just the over-priced one. No one else will buy since it will be obvious, and I got some cheaper gems and a sense of satisfaction b:laugh

Pity "common" sense isn't common enough for more people to follow your example.

Though... now I'll actually look through the catshop prices if I can save some coin versus combining them myself. b:thanks
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This game is based on Capitalism, if u get scamed, its YOUR problem.

The real life economy has showed us... Capitalism is a fail, the "liberty of market" is a fail as well.

But this is a frikin game OMG!

Just dont try to blame other cuz u dont want to check how much u are paying >_>

Wrong.

What the real world economy has shown us is that a DEBT BASED SYSTEM is fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Badarcher - Harshlands
    Badarcher - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Really sad ppl try anything to make money like scam the new ppl.
    one of the stupidest thing i have seen is someone selling sadness cards for 1k+ when they are worth 1 coin and they do nothing. lol
  • erethizon1
    edited May 2009
    Really sad ppl try anything to make money like scam the new ppl.
    one of the stupidest thing i have seen is someone selling sadness cards for 1k+ when they are worth 1 coin and they do nothing. lol

While I can agree it makes a bad impression on a new player to be scammed, no one needs to buy processed stones until they hit level 41 and by that time they are no longer new. 40 levels is plenty to get a feeling for how the game works and to know to check what something costs before you buy it.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It's a scam. End of. No argument.

The fact that a player can try to take advantage of their fellow player who is merely trying to get through the game and take a huge sum of coin from them for their own gain is bad enough, but when the player who get's scammed is called an idiot, stupid and flamed and the scammer encouraged, you really begin to wonder =/

I'm thoroughly disgusted with a large number of posters in this thread. I'm absolutely certain 50% of players in any mmo are greedy, lazy, cheating scammers, therefore despicable behavior will almost always be defended to the death.

There's nothing right about taking advantage of, ripping off or scamming people and there never will be, no matter how much you pretend or reason it b:angry
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Its not a scam... its like buying something from the internet. You just need to pay attention. If youre not a wake customer you will get own. Maybe is not morally correct, but is not a scam at all, its just getting pwn bcs you dont look well.
    Otherwise we could call ppl selling charms at 600k scammers too, which are not.