CONTEST: Calendar Design Competition - JUNE!

Options

Comments

• Thelegion - Lost City
    Thelegion - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I just sent in my submission. Lol it took me a while to do it. I'll show it to everyone when June arrives. ^ ^
  • Eledyssil - Lost City
    Eledyssil - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well it's the same here. Put a lot in to it so I will show it after the contest is over I guess.
  • Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    Yanjing - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I am still slaving away at mine, but it's coming together. Many many puns await. b:victory
    yay
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This thread has been awfully quiet this month.

b:surrender

Nice to see new people entering though. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • Salvia - Heavens Tear
    Salvia - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I agree it has been quite quiet. Hm well I decided to make a few entries this round.

The first one didn't turn out so well but that was my first try at drawing anything on a photoshop program. *lol* I'll obviously have to take some lessons before I try that again. http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg299/minavenuslove/June.jpg

Then the second one was just me being random and messing with new brushes more than anything. http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg299/minavenuslove/June2copy.jpg

If I have time perhaps I'll work on one that's my usual style. xD So I'll have a half decent entry to turn in. =P Anyways good luck everyone can't wait to see the winners at the end of the month.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=968287001[/SIGPIC]
    ________Evil is calling her name. . .and she is answering________
    _____________________"Take me away."____________________
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    BloodFire - Harshlands Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This thread has been awfully quiet this month.

b:surrender

Nice to see new people entering though. =D

No one wants their ideas stolen lol.

Or people trying to beat them saying "OH now I see how high the bar is"
    I like to show mine when submissions are over.
  • Soho - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    No one wants their ideas stolen lol.

Lol. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lol. b:shutup

What do you think people don't steal ideas?
    It's a common thing even if it isn't prevalent in this contest so far.
    If you look back someone stole someone's DA submission. Committing plagiarism
    I don't put it pass people to steal an idea.
    A lot of people don't want to take the risk.
    Besides it's more fun to see everyones entry at the end I think.
  • Soho - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    What do you think people don't steal ideas?
    It's a common thing even if it isn't prevalent in this contest so far.
    If you look back someone stole someone's DA submission. Committing plagiarism
    I don't put it pass people to steal an idea.
    A lot of people don't want to take the risk.
    Besides it's more fun to see everyones entry at the end I think.

No but certainly if you post it here, then people will know yours as the original? I know people steal idea's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    Kirashan - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Oh hell! This is my first time entering and after seeing some of the other stuff out there, I'm like "Why bother!" Holy jeez, there are some artists out there!

6p0n10.jpg

Click for full size.
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Even though people know it's your idea, I'm not sure what pw's rules are about plagiarism. I for one don't want my art talent copied and stolen by anyone. Some people believe that if they just cut and paste from someone's art work and put it on another background they own rights to it just cause it's on the internet.

That's why i post mine at the ends so there are no disputes, although since i carefully document my drawings, and can show my process as i'm sure other artist do as well it would be hard to steal someone's work. Stealing an idea I believe too is of the same accord. It's not your original work, just a copy even if you drew or created it better. But like I said I don't know PW's rules or standards about this period. An entry might be disqualified for cheating, but plagiarism is actually a serious offense that you can be prosecuted for.
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    No but certainly if you post it here, then people will know yours as the original? I know people steal idea's.

Then people can be all like.
    OMG NO WAI. We thought of the same theme.
    It's quite simple to take an idea and change it up when it comes to art work.
    Notice I am using the term idea, not design function.
    As an AI student it's hard to break the habit of protect your work at all costs.
  • Soho - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well, I'm not here to argue with anyone, I'm sure your work is great.

=]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Thelegion - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    b:spit Last month this this tread was more interesting... WTH people are u all .... Numb or what , speak for god sake .....b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Then people can be all like.
    OMG NO WAI. We thought of the same theme.
    It's quite simple to take an idea and change it up when it comes to art work.
    Notice I am using the term idea, not design function.
    As an AI student it's hard to break the habit of protect your work at all costs.

Lol exactly. It's important that credit go to the proper person. When a contest occurs you don't want anyone stealing your work or your idea as well. To be honest where is the originality in everyone's piece if we all steal off the same idea. I enjoy coming here and looking at the creativeness of others. Lol makes me even reflect on my own talent. Every artist is different it brings a bit of excitement. You're free to post yours early soho I enjoy your work, but don't think someone hasn't copied your work and entered their "own version" of it into the contest. April's thread was a good example of plagiarism. I'm surprised GM's didn't take down his work seeing as someone used a stolen art entry. Nor did anyone notify the artist on devanart that his work had been stolen.
  • Soho - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lol exactly. It's important that credit go to the proper person. When a contest occurs you don't want anyone stealing your work or your idea as well. To be honest where is the originality in everyone's piece if we all steal off the same idea. I enjoy coming here and looking at the creativeness of others. Lol makes me even reflect on my own talent. Every artist is different it brings a bit of excitement. You're free to post yours early soho I enjoy your work, but don't think someone hasn't copied your work and entered their "own version" of it into the contest. April's thread was a good example of plagiarism. I'm surprised GM's didn't take down his work seeing as someone used a stolen art entry. Nor did anyone notify the artist on devanart that his work had been stolen.

People have stolen my idea's before, yet, I'm proud of my work and want people opinion's on it. It's very, very, sad that people have to steal it and have no creativity of their own. I think of it as their loss, not mine though. =X

It's nice to win these contests but I also like just sharing my work with people, so.

b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    People have stolen my idea's before, yet, I'm proud of my work and want people opinion's on it. It's very, very, sad that people have to steal it and have no creativity of their own. I think of it as their loss, not mine though. =X

It's nice to win these contests but I also like just sharing my work with people, so.

b:faint

So do I. I love sharing my work. Which is why at the ending submission day I end up dumping my work xD. And I love sharing opinions and everything. I love PWI for putting out a design contest. Something I thrive off of and was pleasantly surprised to see this implemented.
  • Aia - Dreamweaver
    Aia - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    -has been lurking since the beginning-
    I've already submitted my first entry as of a few days ago and I've seen one or two people use the same 'summer phrase' I was originally considering. No biggie tho, it's neat to see all the different entries..even if I do have to wait til the end for most of them to be posted. I prefer keeping mine to show until the end also. b:cute
  • Thelegion - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This Thread are becoming in what????... like i see people no posting they arts cauze they think can be stolen, i can`t get the meaning of this.

By the way, why people think this is a mistery competition...???

And yes i havent post the mine but someone see it.... Hope in the end can we joy a long b:victory

Good luck to all....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I figured I'd try one for the "funny" category too.

2emm0dg.jpg

Click for full size.
  • Aia - Dreamweaver
    Aia - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    @ Thelegion: You know artists are often overprotective and proud of their work, it makes sense to not want to have an idea taken or "borrowed" by someone else. It's up to each individual whether or not they feel they want to post their work before the end. b:cute

@ Kirashan: Very clever, hehe, looks like a great vacation spot. b:pleased
  • Soho - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    [/URL]

Love it, nice idea!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    @ Kirashan: The first "funny" calendar that actually made me LOL!

Ah I might have a go at this, but I had been busy and my laptop is dying :(

*Installs Photoshop on friend's PC*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • Thelegion - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options

2emm0dg.jpg

Click for full size.

DUDE i love it I almost Pisss my pants ... Fuuunnnyyyy And very original Congrantb:flower
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    Yanjing - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Just finished mine and don't mind sharing. Warning: puns ahead! b:victory

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa273/sura416/calendarjune.gif
    yay
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I like the style, yanjing! Really nice!
  • KallenHapti - Sanctuary
    KallenHapti - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I though i'd wait till the contest ends but whatever.b:chuckle
    The chars don't have bikini so i had to draw them with some. I guess it's not that great but it's my first time entering so i'm kind of excited. b:shy
    junee.th.jpg
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Banned TB hairstyle made my Kallen cry b:sad
    Training my new wizzie. Current status lvl5X. b:pleased
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    here's mine...
    still practicing with photoshop^^ but it's a lot better than my first pic I colored with it :]

June.jpg
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!