The best mage PVP build

Comments

• Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Its not BS, get a respectable level and see for yourself.b:bye
    What I like about this game, it's easily calculated. Also, there are such things like private servers with high exp rates just to test calculations. I've tested all three builds up to 90lvl, so i know what i'm talking about. With exactly (!) the same equipment (same weapon, armor without any +mag/+dmg bonuses) LA damage on 90lvl is ~15% lower (without crits), depending on spell.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    What I like about this game, it's easily calculated. Also, there are such things like private servers with high exp rates just to test calculations. I've tested all three builds up to 90lvl, so i know what i'm talking about. With exactly (!) the same equipment (same weapon, armor without any +mag/+dmg bonuses) LA damage on 90lvl is ~15% lower (without crits), depending on spell.

You cant actually say this as weapon level/refine determine how much of an effect magic has on mattack so the damage difference changes dependent on weapon. It can be said however that light max mattack is generally lower than pure min mattack and that light-pure is a similar mattack difference as 8x-9x weapon.

@Yourmum ur a wf if u were pure at 9x and in rq we would all slap u
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited May 2009

@Yourmum ur a wf if u were pure at 9x and in rq we would all slap u

yeah i don't think i could do robes. i like being able to take a hit or two from an archer so i can get inside their range.

Though WintersTears was pure int and he was a baller
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You cant actually say this as weapon level/refine determine how much of an effect magic has on mattack so the damage difference changes dependent on weapon. It can be said however that light max mattack is generally lower than pure min mattack and that light-pure is a similar mattack difference as 8x-9x weapon.
    I compared myself to an equal level pure mag cleric with a better weapon than me, and no, the difference isn't big enough to care. LA > Robe at 89- for wiz unless you're willing to waste too much money on temp gear.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    You cant actually say this as weapon level/refine determine how much of an effect magic has on mattack
    I can calculate it and check it. Formula is freely avaiable and quite simple. No miracles here like pure mag wizards dealing insane damage and other wiz build being weak. Sorry.
    --
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    I can calculate it and check it. Formula is freely avaiable and quite simple. No miracles here like pure mag wizards dealing insane damage and other wiz build being weak. Sorry.

He means the difference between pure mag and LA is going to be different depending on how refined their weapon and gear is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    *trekkie **** speak*

Stfu n00b!.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVDLV31gW1o

Seriously stop defending it. Its bad.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Llama - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    I compared myself to an equal level pure mag cleric with a better weapon than me, and no, the difference isn't big enough to care. LA > Robe at 89- for wiz unless you're willing to waste too much money on temp gear.

You compared yourself to a cleric? You're an idiot. Mages skills deal twice the damage and more. -_- LA is terrible!
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009

seriously. a 5x's arguments are void.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    missqq wrote: »
    seriously. a 5x's arguments are void.
    All arguments regarding opponent's level, age, sex, nationality etc are void.
    --
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Seriously stop defending it. Its bad.
    Gimme some FACTS or stfu yourself.
    --
  • Llama - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Gimme some FACTS or stfu yourself.

I did but your head is too far up your loose n00b **** to accept them.

I'm a 96 Mage, take my word for it. The most annoying thing is a n00b like you who thinks he knows what the hell he's talking about.

Want some fun stats *******?

I have:

10.7K Pdefs
    9.8K Mdefs
    5700 HP

Guess what thats pure int.

So you can take your nonfactor build and be ignored in every possible scenario. In PK you are ignored. In pve instances you won't be asked because your damage will slow the entire run down.

So ya go light armor if you want to take maybe 1 more hit but be completely ignored for everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    edited May 2009

I have:

10.7K Pdefs
    9.8K Mdefs
    5700 HP

Guess what thats pure int.

Also fully buffed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Llama - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Also fully buffed.

Ya of course. The point is I'm in robes with those stats and I lose no damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Are you ret@rded? You speak about damage and bring me DEFENCE stats. Ok thanks but i already know how much def robed wiz can have. Now try to prove your words about nonfactor LA damage. No, saying that you are 96lvl will not work.
    --
  • spirea
    spirea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lol rinnve is dumb xD
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Doesn't matter what type of armor you wear, any mage the same level as you deals 3 digit damage. Robes...LA...Pure int...<insert **** build here>.

LA(s) do 5XX while robe(s) do 8XX. critical hit rate is a chace depending on %. Law of probability, if you have 99.9% chance to succeed then there's a 50% probability you can fail.

LA mage's damage: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/siliconknights/PW/Full-MoonNight/Failrobemage.jpg

Robe mage's damage: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/siliconknights/PW/Full-MoonNight/Moog.jpg

They're just 3 levels higher than me so the damage reduction is pretty decent. It's a pity sandstorm from a LA hits 4XX while the same hits 8XX from a robe.

All you need is a 64% damage reduce by defense and you are good. i.e. you need around 6k pdef and 6k mdef to be okay. Roll a robe mage, choose heaven, get gears + vit mods, get the heaven stone barrier, socket pdef stones, use pdef ornaments, refine your gears to +6 min. and you'll have a decent survival rate and good damage. that doesn't garentee you a victory against your target(s) it just puts you on the survivable league as them. you can still get chain stunned dragoned to death or triple sparked arrow from an archer or the damn nix.

LA is good at the upto 60, where all your quest mobs deal physical damage and you can't afford to refine your gear. But when you reach endgame and want to solo pk, roll robes... or you are doing it wrong.

How can you play a wizard when you don't understand how it works?
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • Llama - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    severan wrote: »
    Doesn't matter what type of armor you wear, any mage the same level as you deals 3 digit damage. Robes...LA...Pure int...<insert **** build here>.

LA(s) do 5XX while robe(s) do 8XX. critical hit rate is a chace depending on %. Law of probability, if you have 99.9% chance to succeed then there's a 50% probability you can fail.

LA mage's damage: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/siliconknights/PW/Full-MoonNight/Failrobemage.jpg

Robe mage's damage: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/siliconknights/PW/Full-MoonNight/Moog.jpg

They're just 3 levels higher than me so the damage reduction is pretty decent. It's a pity sandstorm from a LA hits 4XX while the same hits 8XX from a robe.

All you need is a 64% damage reduce by defense and you are good. i.e. you need around 6k pdef and 6k mdef to be okay. Roll a robe mage, choose heaven, get gears + vit mods, get the heaven stone barrier, socket pdef stones, use pdef ornaments, refine your gears to +6 min. and you'll have a decent survival rate and good damage. that doesn't garentee you a victory against your target(s) it just puts you on the survivable league as them. you can still get chain stunned dragoned to death or triple sparked arrow from an archer or the damn nix.

LA is good at the upto 60, where all your quest mobs deal physical damage and you can't afford to refine your gear. But when you reach endgame and want to solo pk, roll robes... or you are doing it wrong.

There are many robe mage who stat some vit. So really the difference I was showing that idiot is that your stats can be godly defense wise in robes. The damage is obviously better so why kill your class?

The guy is 5X and has his head so far up his **** he has no idea what he's talking about. Light armor is terrible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    LLama, your gear is basically unobtainable without a fat bank account to back it up, or weeks and weeks in CQ. I agree LA past 90 is terrible, but you should consider how much you spent on on that gear before boasting about stats.

+5 with g6 defense and +4-5 ornaments are a little more realistic.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    The damage is obviously better so why kill your class?
    You are surely ****. Mid-9X pure wiz with good equipment have enough survivability to claim these ~15% damage from extra mag stats. But before that point pure wiz is so fragile that this damage is useless 'cause you'll be dead most of the time. This is killing your class, making it 1shot and therefore useless. Also, we were speaking not about defence but about DAMAGE, about that bs "pure have ungodly damage but la is weak".
    --
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    severan wrote: »

Thats gush without undine strike bro. Pretty good considering i hit almost 1k on a bm using magic marrow with a regular gush. With higher damage spells the difference between la and robe becomes bigger.
  • Llama - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    You are surely ****. Mid-9X pure wiz with good equipment have enough survivability to claim these ~15% damage from extra mag stats. But before that point pure wiz is so fragile that this damage is useless 'cause you'll be dead most of the time. This is killing your class, making it 1shot and therefore useless. Also, we were speaking not about defence but about DAMAGE, about that bs "pure have ungodly damage but la is weak".

Dude, reread my post.

My defenses are better
    My HP is better
    My damage is MUCH better.

Why would anyone go LA?

A mage is first and foremost a DD. If you do a build like light armor you are undermining what your class is meant for and you hereby make yourself useless.

The only class that should use LA is Archers, because they have no choice. Any other class doing it doesn't realize how bad it is. If you're gonna do something stupid with your class at least go with heavy armor because that will give you a noticeably better survivability rate. Unless you're like danika. When I say go heavy I mean go the expensive 90+ heavy gear with stat items. LA will gimp your damage to gain nothing. You may gain 1-2% more damage reduction, a little bit of HP but you lose alot of mdef and way too much damage. its just stupid as hell. Don't do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I kno I switched to LA in my mid 20's. I love it so far, but I have all intention of buying up some reset scrolls once I get close to the 90's. I will be going back to PURE all the way. I think that LA is great until you get past 60, 70 max then RESPEC. You want to be full LA go make an archer or since you're fail make a LA Barb.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    My defenses are better
    My HP is better
    My damage is MUCH better.

Why would anyone go LA?
    Lol, reread my post. Before 9X defences are lower, hp is lower, damage is 0 because you are dead.
    --
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    The only class that should use LA is Archers, because they have no choice. Any other class doing it doesn't realize how bad it is. If you're gonna do something stupid with your class at least go with heavy armor because that will give you a noticeably better survivability rate. Unless you're like danika. When I say go heavy I mean go the expensive 90+ heavy gear with stat items. LA will gimp your damage to gain nothing. You may gain 1-2% more damage reduction, a little bit of HP but you lose alot of mdef and way too much damage. its just stupid as hell. Don't do it.

plenty of venos go LA la. (cwutididthere)

half the damage comes from the pet anyways, and low magic doesn't affect the effectiveness of purge and amp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • missqq
    edited May 2009
    Lol, reread my post. Before 9X defences are lower, hp is lower, damage is 0 because you are dead.

Well, sorry your only 59 and a non-factor.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Well, sorry, posts without any arguments are non-factor.
    Also, I can now say that up to 59 pure wiz is completely wrong build. Don't know about LA, but vit is surely good and solid on those levels.
    --
  • missqq
    edited May 2009
    My argument is that your lv59 and you dont know anything about real pvp 90+
    Try harder plz 5x
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well, sorry, posts without any arguments are non-factor.
    Also, I can now say that up to 59 pure wiz is completely wrong build. Don't know about LA, but vit is surely good and solid on those levels.
    missqq wrote: »
    My argument is that your lv59 and you dont know anything about real pvp 90+
    Try harder plz 5x

I'll agree with Rinnve, you can't simply say someone is a non-factor when he has clearly demonstrated intelligence to compete with you...

Don't be a coward missqq, show that "low level wizard" WHY YOU ARE RIGHT missqq, or else I can only laugh at your ignorance. Do tell what real pvp 90+ is all about..... Rinnve told you what real pvp is about pre 60. But all you did missqq is bull**** out of your **** and be a coward....

I'll make this straight and clear, GTFO missqq or actually make a point. That goes with all of you who supported missqq.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • DishyWiggles - Harshlands
    DishyWiggles - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Amen. But ill share my PvP experience. I met the first LA wiz out on jade shore and i was like "Heh, cool, i guess." and then he started KSing me because i was killing monsters quite a bit faster than him. he finally decided to attack me rather than try to annoy me and his damage was "WOW"!!!!

He hit a nice 500 sandstorm on me. i was like "lol" i hit a 550 gush and then 800 will of pheonix right after his 330 gush. maybe its my matk is 1800-2400 and his is 1-10 but id say I did quite a bit better. ( btw earth resist is only 1.1k without shield ((i was buffed with fire shield)) )

Edit: Well, this Isn't a good comparison, considering that I have a +3 2 soc (+20 mag gems) wheel of fate and he had god knows what weapon. and my rings just happen to be legendary. I guess if we wanted 2 compare damage, I should take my wep off to even the score.