help me argue with myself plz

2»

Comments

• Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    chi buff every 1min wich gives +50chi is VERY USEFULL, and if u tell it isnt that great is becuz u didnt had any experience wiht it ....if u had use it like i did u should know it is usefull, why? u dont need targets...and thats all u need to know, becuz no targets means chi everywhere and u can get chi wihtout tick ur opponent charm for example....

Yea, because you've definately had more experience than me, based on your level and server. Private server? Account share? To the former, i'm sure the level of intelligence is lacking, and mainly solo pvp due to the lack of an active clan community (is there really organised 10 v 10 pvps with everyone on vent coordinating)? Account share? Tsk tsk.

No targets does not mean chi everywhere, infact it means LESS chi since you're not attacking targets (which is how you BUILD chi).

demon have more reduc channel but not more dmg, look at masteries and find why.

Reduced channeling speeds = more DPS. More crits from masteries = more spike damage. I win.
    what....u use ults 1 time per week?b:shocked

When i'm grinding fish, I don't use ults since they're inefficient in terms of damage (double spark or sutra is far more effective for a single target). Open PVP I always have and always will prefer sutra. Then again, look at your level and server, you probably think PVP is a duel.
    well if u was sage they should be almost like spam, u rly prefer hell spark than sutra+heaven bids....but if u see it carefull u find that sutra+ult=biggest dps in a mage life and dont matter if is oly for 6 becuz in that 6 seconds u can kill so fast like god.

Why would I use an ult on one target (open pvp)? TW = once a week, and more often than not the enemy is dead before I can even throw off an ult. Again, something you wouldn't know about. Sutra + Ult can be done as demon aswell as sage, fyi.

btw using spark is like tell your enemy hey in 3 sec stun me pls...every hell wiz i saw until now must always walk wiht anti-stun and chi pot.....tehy cant even shrink in 1v1 doe to save chi thats a shame...and wiht all the chi u get, wich is much more than demon whatever u say u can sutra+bids every 40sec and if sutra is in CT u can always bids every 30sec... a bids crit will surely give dmg.
    Sooooo not the case, especially with mage sleep, occult ice, DISTANCE between enemy, a seal, and other people that can stun\sleep\keep them from reaching you. Rest of that didn't even make sense sorry.
    rly dont face sages max dps.

As I just mentioned, less channeling time = more DPS.

for me demon just have stone barrier and quaff wellspring

Yea, because being able to stun and control the enemy is nothing.

btw nice sig
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I am a idiot!

b:bye b:bye b:bye
  • Antaury - Dreamweaver
    Antaury - Dreamweaver Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    what Damage said.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Going demon for several reasons

First of all, people getting boners over having more chi (gain 50 chi per 1 minute, and pyrogram's chi gain ability):

Gain 50 chi per 1 minute - WOAH - that's like, the chi equivalent of 3 regular spells which is easily under 10 seconds? Plus if you're against an opponent that went demon, they could clearly drain the chi you make - infact, they can do it twice per minute as opposed to you gaining once per minute. Useless much? If you're going to build chi in safe zone just cast frostblade 4 times. The pyrogram effect is nice I suppose, but how often do you do dragons in mass pvp? When there's bms from a safe listed faction, stun locking your opponent, are you really going to dragon and kill them also?

Who doesn't want reduced channeling, and more damage? And as for stone rain being an unreliable chance, you're going to be grateful for when it does stun since it opens up many oppurtunities (seeing as though the only way we can keep someone from moving, is with mage sleep\occult ice - one with a pathetic cooldown period, and the other with very limited range).

In open pvp are you really going to be glad you have some more chi since your pyrogram just proc'd? Will the reduced channeling on stone rain be more beneficial than stunning someone so the rest of your team can finish them? Not to mention the useless debuffs Glacial Snare and DP provide as Sage (seeing as though your target should be constantly undined in pvp, these effects are useless as opposed to reduced channeling)

And lol at the people going sage for ulti's, I bet half of you will quit once you get 90, can't afford +5 refines to live, and go play *that other game*.

Did I mention pathetic heaven spark? That sounds REALLY useful when you're DD'ing from a distance, as a good mage SHOULD be. Going to be really beneficial to your HH team aswell when you're taking less damage (even though you don't have aggro).

Imo you high 9x's are just biased towards sage since you chose it and don't want to look like morons. Have fun with your increased gush debuff duration, bigger orange bar (that should be full ANYWAY before you go into open PVP - hello embrace, hello spamming skills to gain chi), "better" ults (that really only get used once a week for TW), and a nice white pixie following you around.

damn you have no idea what you're talking about LOL. You're actually questioning why people dragon in mass pvp when ultis were made for **** mass pvp GG. 20% chance for stone rain IS NOTHING. As a mage you need to use your timing for your sleep and seal. Sage stone rain is a massive increase of DD cause of the decreased channel and increased damage. You do have a point in sage glacial snare seeing how its debuff is worse than undine. And seriously what kind of mage does a 3 spark? Mage 3 spark is imo the worst class to use a 3 spark when we can use our ultis to 1 shot multiple people with less chi, and also sutra kills people faster than 3 spark imo. And finally tell all the high lvl 99+ conc mages they are morons for choosing sage when they one shot your factions highly refined wbs and bms with their sage bid. And if you don't use ultis outside of tw than you fail.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    damn you have no idea what you're talking about LOL. You're actually questioning why people dragon in mass pvp when ultis were made for **** mass pvp GG. 20% chance for stone rain IS NOTHING. As a mage you need to use your timing for your sleep and seal. Sage stone rain is a massive increase of DD cause of the decreased channel and increased damage. You do have a point in sage glacial snare seeing how its debuff is worse than undine. And seriously what kind of mage does a 3 spark? Mage 3 spark is imo the worst class to use a 3 spark when we can use our ultis to 1 shot multiple people with less chi, and also sutra kills people faster than 3 spark imo. And finally tell all the high lvl 99+ conc mages they are morons for choosing sage when they one shot your factions highly refined wbs and bms with their sage bid. And if you don't use ultis outside of tw than you fail.

No one is calling anyone morons omg please its personal preference let it be...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    How often you can use 3spark demon and have 25% reduce channelling, when you don't have enough chi?b:chuckle
    With -channeling staff I will as a sage sacrifice 3spark demon and 25% less channeling for few second. But what i cannot sacrifice is high DPS. And don't forget you have from masteries just 1% of critical not 3%!!!. Huge difference.
    I gave you example how much you lose damage on masteries if you are not sage.
    But is everyone's decision. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yea, because you've definately had more experience than me, based on your level and server. Private server? Account share? To the former, i'm sure the level of intelligence is lacking, and mainly solo pvp due to the lack of an active clan community (is there really organised 10 v 10 pvps with everyone on vent coordinating)? Account share? Tsk tsk.

No targets does not mean chi everywhere, infact it means LESS chi since you're not attacking targets (which is how you BUILD chi).

Reduced channeling speeds = more DPS. More crits from masteries = more spike damage. I win.

When i'm grinding fish, I don't use ults since they're inefficient in terms of damage (double spark or sutra is far more effective for a single target). Open PVP I always have and always will prefer sutra. Then again, look at your level and server, you probably think PVP is a duel.

Why would I use an ult on one target (open pvp)? TW = once a week, and more often than not the enemy is dead before I can even throw off an ult. Again, something you wouldn't know about. Sutra + Ult can be done as demon aswell as sage, fyi.

Sooooo not the case, especially with mage sleep, occult ice, DISTANCE between enemy, a seal, and other people that can stun\sleep\keep them from reaching you. Rest of that didn't even make sense sorry.

Edit: "LOL I DIDNT KNOW U CAN USE SKILLS WHILE SPARK IS CASTING U MIGHT BE SPECIAL"

As I just mentioned, less channeling time = more DPS.

Yea, because being able to stun and control the enemy is nothing.

btw nice sig

i give up, go demon if u want but dont come to forum post bullsh.it.....sage have THE BEST MAX DPS....

and teh chi buff is usefull as SS

sage masteries means +5% dps than demon becuz demon masteries dotn stack...and demon oly have +1% crit wiht all masteries maxed..while sage can get +30% wiht a bids, who have more crit power?
    who have + dmg?
    where is the demon - channel when i just see it on hell spark that can output by sutra, quaff wellspring dunno if stack....and pyro can be comparable to SR!!!!

i can be missing ur point BUT DONT TELL CHI BUFF IS USELESS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Buy a keyboard with a working RETURN key

Try again

Btw I see you tons in open pvp!!! Not.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    please don't flame threads. For everyone flaming in this thread consider this your warning
This discussion has been closed.