[Enrage] is calling out the following guilds..

13»

Comments

• Sonnestark - Heavens Tear
    Sonnestark - Heavens Tear Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ....oh and on a side note I noticed KP used the term "straw-men" when trying to insult Cat, a term used constantly in posts by Sonnestark when he debates with Cat. Coincidence or is there a deeper truth here we are missing *x-file music*
    You know, I'm not even going to flame you...

"Straw man" is not a term I invented and it is also a widely known and acknowledged fallacious argument. It is an argument where a person uses a fallacy of extension, which is attacking an exaggerated or caricatured version of your opponents position.

For example, if someone says, "I don't care for PvP," and another would reply, "that's because you're a of fail noob that QQ's when you get pwnt." Really, any of Cat's typical generalizations over an entire faction of 200 people where the members change fairly often, typifying them into one pervading "straw man" of flaws she wants to attack. Regardless of the actual and diverse motivations and intentions, she'll group them into one stereotype and argue against her own perception of them deaf to anything they truly say.

There is no deeper truth, it's plain to see. Also, it's the reason I rarely bother to confront her, and those who act similarly, with anything other than unconstrained spite.
    Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries - for heavy ones they cannot.
  • KillerByte - Heavens Tear
    KillerByte - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I don't recall anyone requesting your analogy of a phrase Sonnestark, rather a comment was passed to highlight the fact that a somewhat antiquated phrase is used by two accounts on the same forum in a sea of thousands. Both interestingly enough aimed at the same recipient stemming from members from the same faction. Originality personified.... what are the odds ?
    edited April 2009
    I don't recall anyone requesting your analogy of a phrase Sonnestark, rather a comment was passed to highlight the fact that a somewhat antiquated phrase is used by two accounts on the same forum in a sea of thousands. Both interestingly enough aimed at the same recipient stemming from members from the same faction. Originality personified.... what are the odds ?
    Yeah... this is why sneering contempt is usually the best response.
    Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries - for heavy ones they cannot.
    edited April 2009
    Yeah... this is why sneering contempt is usually the best response.

'sneering contempt' is an affliction of the arrogant. Arrogance is a poor substitute for intelligence. Concise, informative and most importantly relevant replies are something we are not accustomed to with your replies. Schoolboy trivia is more your calibre.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Is it really hard to believe that a person who makes use of straw men is pointed out by 2 people? I don't see how straw men is at all antiquated, besides people in the same faction tend to share similar goals and are like-minded, so is it really that surprising that 2 people from an group of 200 may generate a similar conception of a person?

Act a certain way and people will brand you as such, the odds are incredibly high. Originality personified? Now you're just throwing in random words.

Also, what Sonnestark posted was an explanation/definition, not an analogy. He's just trying to illustrate why the two of us happening to use the same terms has no real significance.
    edited April 2009
    Empty words, dissapointing and seriously not worth the effort. Quid pro quo. b:chuckle
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I doubt its actually there which is why I asked for the proof. If you can't get it then don't try to use it as a point, pure and simple.

So you agree that you are the queen of straw men?

Nope, I merely pointed out how lame you sounded.

And theres proof ALL over the forums. As Crysta already showed you and thats not the only the post. Go find the rest yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Crystabella - Heavens Tear
    Crystabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Is it really hard to believe that a person who makes use of straw men is pointed out by 2 people? I don't see how straw men is at all antiquated, besides people in the same faction tend to share similar goals and are like-minded, so is it really that surprising that 2 people from an group of 200 may generate a similar conception of a person?

Act a certain way and people will brand you as such, the odds are incredibly high. Originality personified? Now you're just throwing in random words.

Also, what Sonnestark posted was an explanation/definition, not an analogy. He's just trying to illustrate why the two of us happening to use the same terms has no real significance.

Ahhh KP so unlike you not to see the tongue in cheek content of a post. I would have thought the "x-files music" indicated I was having some fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MrConce - Harshlands
    MrConce - Harshlands Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Woohoo So much stuff im missing on!!! Thank god is entertaining. Funny how double faced *** act and run around when the going gets tough. Now suck on tt's and enjoy the server!! Keep the flaming going !! Popcorn is good and the drinks are on da house!! b:victoryb:laughb:pleased
    "Always Outnumbered,Never Outgunned." + "For You My Lover,Pa Que Te Enamores" ~ Co7Vc3 ♥ El Romance Letal ♥ ~ Director of CareBears ~ Harshlands. Guess who's back? Bought a sexy **** powerful gaming laptop. Ready to be exploited. On my way to tech school/dorm. Be back soon. =)
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Cat's typical generalizations over an entire faction of 200 people where the members change fairly often,

Regardless of the actual and diverse motivations and intentions
    besides people in the same faction tend to share similar goals and are like-minded

Isnt that contradicting each other?

You got sonne saying im trying to group the guild together when they all have different motivations and intentions.

Then you got KP saying people in the faction share similiar goals and are like minded......

lol good stuff b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Krasava - Heavens Tear
    Krasava - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    5. To look at Clunker's lack of pants

Sort of like this guy here? --> My Pants
    b:chuckle
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Today is actually No Pants Day:

http://www.nopantsday.com/wp/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ahhh KP so unlike you not to see the tongue in cheek content of a post. I would have thought the "x-files music" indicated I was having some fun.
    oh don't worry, no cheekiness gets past me. My more serious reply is in response to Kilerbyte.

Also Cat, I am the King of Pickles, that is my official title. So by comparing me calling you Queen of straw men to you calling me by my title suggests that I correctly identified you as the queen of straw men.

If you actually managed to read the thing you quoted you'd see that I said "tend" therefore it's not a definite statement, but once again you construct a straw man by asserting that I have said that all people in the faction are like-minded.
    edited May 2009
    oh don't worry, no cheekiness gets past me. My more serious reply is in response to Kilerbyte.

Also Cat, I am the King of Pickles, that is my official title. So by comparing me calling you Queen of straw men to you calling me by my title suggests that I correctly identified you as the queen of straw men.

If you actually managed to read the thing you quoted you'd see that I said "tend" therefore it's not a definite statement, but once again you construct a straw man by asserting that I have said that all people in the faction are like-minded.

ROFL Kingpiccostark, that was a serious retort ? no point continuing with you.
  • Zefria - Heavens Tear
    Zefria - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Seriously Enrage, Your rants and raves are getting boring. I have been watching these forums for the last 6 months, but the last 3 months I have seen nothing stupid comebacks by you guys. All you guys do talk about how great you are and the posts I see, Oh my god please can you guys get anymore childish. You guys sound like middle school drama queens.

P.S. If you actually respond to this post then you just prove my point and I will not respond to your post.
  • poopie
    poopie Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Seriously Enrage, Your rants and raves are getting boring. I have been watching these forums for the last 6 months, but the last 3 months I have seen nothing stupid comebacks by you guys. All you guys do talk about how great you are and the posts I see, Oh my god please can you guys get anymore childish. You guys sound like middle school drama queens.

P.S. If you actually respond to this post then you just prove my point and I will not respond to your post.

Oops.

b:cryb:surrender
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Cool cus we're not even 3 months old :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Cool cus we're not even 3 months old :(

Inorite lol oh and btw Hisui you are so great!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited May 2009

QQ

10QQerz

And yea I replied just to prove your point. I'm so generous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Krasava - Heavens Tear
    Krasava - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2009

First and foremost, i would like to state for the record that i'm not in Enrage.
    Hence i'm not proving your point and you CAN, in fact, reply to my post.
    YES. YOU. CAN.

Secondly, for some unknown reason that you can't even explain to yourself, you keep coming back to this forum. You obviously don't post alot, but you read the threads. What compels you to do it?

If you see a thread from some Enrage member (and i'm sure you know who they are), don't read it. If it's all one and the same -- just bragging and boasting -- skip over it and save yourself the grief. There is a General Discussion or whatever section of the forum that has the most topics and posts. It's not server specific. If you're into browsing forums, i suggest you lose yourself there in the myriad of topics, some of which are quite informative, i assure you.

But you know you want to read Enrage threads. You love that feeling of indignation that arises within you as you read another hilarious post from Hisui or Defected. You love to hate them. You need counseling. b:chuckle

b:bye
  • Nubble - Heavens Tear
    Nubble - Heavens Tear Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    edited May 2009
    Disappointing...