venos

2»

Comments

• FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    for God's sake, people, why this endless bitching about venos?! if people think venos are OPed/dislike our pets/etc, LEAVE THE GAME. its that simple. venos are part of the game, and there are many more who like playing venos, or who appreciate what we can do, than there are of those who hate us.

for those who like us,(((hugs))).

for those who hate us, theres the door. dont let it hit you in the butt on your way out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Clerics shouldn't have heals because it gives them an unfair advantage.b:chuckle
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Control of the fight speed. With a veno you can kill quickly or kill slowly. If you're running low on mp and your mp replenishing skills aren't going to recycle for a bit, you can just slow down your kill rate and let your pet do a greater share of the damage. This creates the illusion of reduced downtime, when in fact your kill rate (kills per hour) is reduced the same as having downtime.
    Somewhat disagree about the bolded part.

If you feel comfortable in a certain area you can do the following:

Your mana replenish is on cooldown and your mana is running low (let's say you're down to 1000 mana).
    You can use Soul Transfusion to switch your HP value with your Mana value and thereby regain a ton of mana. You can bring your life back up with your life replenish skill.
    I made that statement with Soul Transfusion, Metabolic Boost, and Nature's Grace taken into account. MB and NG have 5 minute cooldowns, so it's pretty easy to get into a state where you're short on mp and hp before those cooldowns are finished. When that happens, the veno has the option to kill mobs more slowly, giving the illusion to players watching her that she has no downtime. A cleric or barb in a similar situation would be forced to sit to med/heal.

I would argue that it's actually more time-efficient for the veno to sit to med as well. Due to the 2x medding regen bonus and the 1/4x combat regen penalty, slowing down a fight so it lasts 15 seconds longer only saves you 1/8th as much mana as you'd get if you just stopped fighting and sat to med for 15 seconds. But people play games to do things, not to stare at their character sitting in one place. So I can understand the desire to want to decrease downtime at the expense of killing slower.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I made that statement with Soul Transfusion, Metabolic Boost, and Nature's Grace taken into account. MB and NG have 5 minute cooldowns, so it's pretty easy to get into a state where you're short on mp and hp before those cooldowns are finished. When that happens, the veno has the option to kill mobs more slowly, giving the illusion to players watching her that she has no downtime. A cleric or barb in a similar situation would be forced to sit to med/heal.

I would argue that it's actually more time-efficient for the veno to sit to med as well. Due to the 2x medding regen bonus and the 1/4x combat regen penalty, slowing down a fight so it lasts 15 seconds longer only saves you 1/8th as much mana as you'd get if you just stopped fighting and sat to med for 15 seconds. But people play games to do things, not to stare at their character sitting in one place. So I can understand the desire to want to decrease downtime at the expense of killing slower.

I do one of three things when I'm short on mana since I really don't like stopping (it's oh so boring <.<).

1. If the CDs are close to up, I just burn a MP pot or two considering I have a ton since I rarely use them. If my HP is low I probably already burned a HP pot already.

2. Switch to Fox Form, and keep going slightly slowing down if it's more than just a few ticks away, or be more conservative of my mana.

3. Actually stop for a few ticks and med.

Usually, unless I've been taking hits due to pulling aggro, or mobs spawning on top of me, that's all it usually takes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    soul transfusion, cast some spells, then foxform, leech. theres my solution when both metabolic boost and nature's grace are on cd.

or use a pot once in awhile, since you probably accumulate quite a few of them from mobs. the only time i really burn pots is when doing cube.
  • Pantufinhas - Sanctuary
    Pantufinhas - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    pets are seriouz business!!!!11111
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I will add what I have said many times. Most games have dificulty settings, in my opinion, easy mode is playing as Veno.

I dont see anything wrong with it.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I will add what I have said many times. Most games have dificulty settings, in my opinion, easy mode is playing as Veno.

I dont see anything wrong with it.

All classes outside of wizard are easy to play. Wizards are just a PITA class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]