Genie Expansion

Comments

• Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ....So how was any of this related to the genie expansion? Btw, I was looking at the genie skills, didn't find blood clot anywhere.
  • Revert - Lost City
    Revert - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Blood Clot
    Affinity Requirement: Wood Level 1, Earth Level 1
    Learned at Level: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50
    Description: Thickens your blood, forcing it to clot.
    Function: Removes any bleed status effect from yourself.

Second skill listed... how hard did you look?
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    2nd skill listed in what the GMs posted, I got the translated skills of the genies that were posted on the chinese site, and there is no blood clot mentioned there, nothing that cures bleed. There is something that makes you immune to sleep though, I hope that helps with flesh ream too.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    2nd skill listed in what the GMs posted, I got the translated skills of the genies that were posted on the chinese site, and there is no blood clot mentioned there, nothing that cures bleed. There is something that makes you immune to sleep though, I hope that helps with flesh ream too.

Chinese version does not equal this version. We get things localized for our version, which means we may get different versions of what they have.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    ....Ummm...I am almost sure that the company that hosts servers doesn't have the right to change gameplay content, which is prob why flesh ream hasn't been fixed, even though that's more bug than gameplay. Changing skills is gameplay content and prob won't be very different. Also, it seems you cast the genie skills, so purifying yourself won't work when you are stunned so I would rather have that immunity skill work (there is 1 that makes you immune to negative effects, but that's what wings of grace say in this version and it's not what happens.)
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The company that hosts the PWI servers IS the company the devs are at. It's true the GMs cannot alter the game code at all, but they do translate the game and other things and give that information to the devs who then add it into our version of the game.

It's quite easy for the devs to do different things to different versions of the game, actually its quite common.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Touche.
    Highly unlikely for the devs to change content based on the version though.
  • Angelle - Heavens Tear
    Angelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    3 Mirage Stones eh?

Time to buy three before prices go up...XD
    Former Leader of 卓越的 {Transcendent}
    -- DoIl - Venomancer - 6X

;D You can call me Minny.
  • Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear
    Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Ah can't wait for this new little toy to come out for Veno, seeing how I have pet bag maxed ill probably have a genie of each element if it allows it. Then with each genie I would build it up to a likeness of the element ie Earth Genie would be a tank, Fire Genie would be melee DPS, Air Genie would be range DPS etc. Soo exciting b:pleased

geanies can't take damage. might want to change what your earth genie is going to be.
    ~d
    4x veno - dragnbabe
    4x poleblade bm - dragnbaby
    faction: Odinblade
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    one day...
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Either you didn't read carefully or the translations were ****. Chinese version have blood clot skill and so will we.
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    anima wrote: »
    Don't be too happy about the Genie... More money you have to charge for a little bug flying around you ^^.

its not a cash shop item thats already been stated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • legendaryhunter
    legendaryhunter Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Does this mean venos can hav 2 pets summoned at the same time , Nix + Genie = dead on sight b:bye
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Does this mean venos can hav 2 pets summoned at the same time , Nix + Genie = dead on sight b:bye

yes, genies do not count as pets.
    Back.
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Any chance we can have a date? I haven't found anything firm here and I dont really want to read through 15 or whatever pages of flames just to try and find 1 thing tin the original post.
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    People keep being told that genies = a bunch of shared skills. They are more like the fb89 fairies than actual pets. They simply signify that you have certain skills
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    People keep being told that genies = a bunch of shared skills. They are more like the fb89 fairies than actual pets. They simply signify that you have certain skills

I hear that they are like fb89 faeries except they have thier own set of skills and "armor" according to the GM post
    Back.
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i want my genie to grant me 3 wishes b:thanks
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    anima wrote: »
    Ginies are not cash shop pet, it is true. With 3 mirage stones you got 1 ^^.
    But I am talking about leveling it, equipments for it, sometimes have to restat it... It is not so free as you think ^^.
    How do I know... PWI is not the first server releasing Genie ^^.

wait? if i understand this it wil help u with kils?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ya so is it gonna come out this week o_O
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2009
    No. When it's ready, we'll make an announcement.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• darthtatertot
    darthtatertot Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Yes, and in three weeks patch, Venos will be able to use 4 pets at a time, creating a full party so that you can tank, DD, heal, and AOE all at the same time. So start your veno now, because they're already OP and will become even more.
  • QueenOfMagic - Heavens Tear
    QueenOfMagic - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    GENIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want genies plz hurry up
  • KillaBee_ - Sanctuary
    KillaBee_ - Sanctuary Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yes, and in three weeks patch, Venos will be able to use 4 pets at a time, creating a full party so that you can tank, DD, heal, and AOE all at the same time. So start your veno now, because they're already OP and will become even more.

Ok... where do I begin.

1. Everybody will have the ability to summon a genie, so it is an equal increase in power for all classes. It in no way enhances the strength of any one class. I suppose this is only the first introduction to the intellect you are capable of showing, or rather, incapable of showing.

2. No faceless accounts with under 10 posts will ever be given merit to any QQ comments or threads. Go fail somewhere else, but not in here.

3. Other classes can solo grind without the need for a pet; veno cannot do anything without the pet. Its like being squad dependent -always.

4. You present no valid arguments as to why venos are OP, and hide behind an anonymous account. You have effectively stated nothing, or at least nothing worthy of consideration or existence.

5. You post was completely off-topic. And where is the logic in thinking that citing an impossible and incorrect upcoming patch somehow strengthens your "argument?"

6. Have you ever played a veno? I have both the herc and the 'nix, and I am not a god of a player. If you are getting your **** kicked constantly by venos, then it is you who sucks and not the veno that is OP. Your failure as a gamer is your own and it is not the GM's responsibility to cater your to your inabilities.

I think that just about covers it all... Did I miss anything?

-KillaBee_
  • __ares__ - Heavens Tear
    __ares__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    Actually, in the new upcoming expansion, players do not have to purchase Genie's. All players can attain them through the completion of an in-game quest.
    is there a specific level for you to get this quest though? Cause i dont want to level all the way to 70 or something. But as for it being free i say hurrah to that. A guy like me cant even afford fashion.. b:bye
    I like sushi b:pleased

And that is my sig b:victory
    edited April 2009
    4... pets..... at a time?????? b:cry are you serious?

• KillaBee_ - Sanctuary
    KillaBee_ - Sanctuary Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The fact that they have skills to be learned starting at lvl 5, I would imagine they are available to players who are at least lvl 5.

I agree with you; the last expansion was only beneficial to a minority of players who were higher-than-average level. I hope that this expansion will be available to a greater amount of players, including the semi-casual players that are not exactly a "high" level.
    edited April 2009
    Well i hope we can use em at level 5. I wanna see what these lil things can do b:laugh

• Allure - Harshlands
    Allure - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2009
  • Division - Harshlands
    Division - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Surtr wrote: »
    No. When it's ready, we'll make an announcement.

Remember me Surtr? b:chuckle
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009

LOLb:laugh

Honestly, for me that's another reason not to make a veno. The easier the race becomes the more unatractive is for me.b:bye