Genie Expansion

SATII - Lost City
SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Patch Notes 110
"Gameplay Changes

Data has been included in this week's patch in order to lighten the load for the upcoming expansion."

Next week?
Post edited by SATII - Lost City on

Comments

• Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Either that or possibly lvl 100 skills being implemented. I will still take flesh ream fix over either of those.
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    Osiris - Dreamweaver Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I guess the most precise answer you can expect is something like 'genies are already on the horizon'. Just stay optimistic :)
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Don't be too happy about the Genie... More money you have to charge for a little bug flying around you ^^.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    Osiris - Dreamweaver Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    anima wrote: »
    Don't be too happy about the Genie... More money you have to charge for a little bug flying around you ^^.

Genies won't be cash shop 'pets'.
  • SilverTease - Heavens Tear
    SilverTease - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    me wants a geenie b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    b:pleased I love my Neph b:pleased
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Actually, in the new upcoming expansion, players do not have to purchase Genie's. All players can attain them through the completion of an in-game quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anima
    edited April 2009
    Ginies are not cash shop pet, it is true. With 3 mirage stones you got 1 ^^.
    But I am talking about leveling it, equipments for it, sometimes have to restat it... It is not so free as you think ^^.
    How do I know... PWI is not the first server releasing Genie ^^.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KillaBee_ - Sanctuary
    KillaBee_ - Sanctuary Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    Actually, in the new upcoming expansion, players do not have to purchase Genie's. All players can attain them through the completion of an in-game quest.

So they are coming next week? o.O

*Smiles*

*Hugs GM*
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Ginies are not cash shop pet, it is true. With 3 mirage stones you got 1 ^^.
    But I am talking about leveling it, equipments for it, sometimes have to restat it... It is not so free as you think ^^.
    How do I know... PWI is not the first server releasing Genie ^^.

Here's your solution. Grind yourself to give exp to it, while you are grinding you make money to buy equipment for it, and don't **** up while stating your genie.

Oh look, they happen to be free after all.
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Patch Notes 110
    "Gameplay Changes

Data has been included in this week's patch in order to lighten the load for the upcoming expansion."

Next week?

The patch is 19k in size. How does that lighten the load for the upcoming expansion? b:puzzled
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
  • anima
    edited April 2009
    LoL, Haiz. You do know the element of the Genie is random right? So to have the element that you prefer, it depends on your luck (not to mention that each time the "talent" point of your Genie is... random too ^^).
    How you stat your Genie, it depends on what skill you want first, not like stating your char... so sometimes, restat is a must.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • d0pey
    d0pey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    yay genieb:victory
    To act is to live.
  • _petgoddess_ - Dreamweaver
    _petgoddess_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Ah can't wait for this new little toy to come out for Veno, seeing how I have pet bag maxed ill probably have a genie of each element if it allows it. Then with each genie I would build it up to a likeness of the element ie Earth Genie would be a tank, Fire Genie would be melee DPS, Air Genie would be range DPS etc. Soo exciting b:pleased
    9999 Forces Completed -Hercules Acquired-
    9999 Feathers Completed -Phoenix Acquired-
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Ah can't wait for this new little toy to come out for Veno, seeing how I have pet bag maxed ill probably have a genie of each element if it allows it. Then with each genie I would build it up to a likeness of the element ie Earth Genie would be a tank, Fire Genie would be melee DPS, Air Genie would be range DPS etc. Soo exciting b:pleased

As far as i know Genies dont get equipped in your pet bag, they go into an inventory slot like your armor and weapon.
  • Agentzero - Lost City
    Agentzero - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    As far as i know Genies dont get equipped in your pet bag, they go into an inventory slot like your armor and weapon.

Does that mean we can get other genies from PK b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Does that mean we can get other genies from PK b:dirty

I dont know. But i'm pretty sure you can have more than 1 genie. Not much official news is out on genies yet.
  • Senyo - Heavens Tear
    Senyo - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the Genies are bound to your character
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    xarfox wrote: »

in coins?
    cuz the skills will cost coins to upgrade right >_>
    loooooooooooooooooots of coins...
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the Genies are bound to your character

TT weapons are bound too but if one drops and somebody takes it, I dont think they will give it back to you, since they can be descomposed. Personally, I would return it to owner.

Regarding Genies, it was mentioned in another tread, that genies would have their own storage system. Similar to pets.

However, it was not confirmed.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Here's your solution. Grind yourself to give exp to it, while you are grinding you make money to buy equipment for it, and don't **** up while stating your genie.

BEGONE WITH YOUR SILLY LOGIC!!! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    TT weapons are bound too but if one drops and somebody takes it, I dont think they will give it back to you, since they can be descomposed. Personally, I would return it to owner.

Regarding Genies, it was mentioned in another tread, that genies would have their own storage system. Similar to pets.

No those weapons are not bound normally, though you can bind them.

If genies can be dropped I'm not going to bother leveling one, I'll just farm pvp till I get a decent one since O NOES my nix bleed won't work and everyone can kill me, hopefully they'll flag back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    No those weapons are not bound normally, though you can bind them.

If genies can be dropped I'm not going to bother leveling one, I'll just farm pvp till I get a decent one since O NOES my nix bleed won't work and everyone can kill me, hopefully they'll flag back

So, I'm confused then. I thought that after you use them they bind to you. b:surrender
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009

LOL HAHAHA ROFLMFAO that was funny to read b:thanksb:chuckle
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • JaneMcFierce - Heavens Tear
    JaneMcFierce - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    TT weapons arent bound unless you specifically bind them using a binding charm
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    So, I'm confused then. I thought that after you use them they bind to you. b:surrender

The ones you make with gold mats are bound to you, not the normal ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rosiejess
    rosiejess Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Expansion Preview - Genie System

All related ?'s can be found here...this is what PWI has "given" us...

**Can't wait....b:cute**
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://classyguild.com
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Green TT are not auto bond, but gold TTs are auto bond. I would give it back to the owner too, for a little finders fee (aka fair market value).
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    LoL, Haiz. You do know the element of the Genie is random right? So to have the element that you prefer, it depends on your luck (not to mention that each time the "talent" point of your Genie is... random too ^^).
    How you stat your Genie, it depends on what skill you want first, not like stating your char... so sometimes, restat is a must.

If points are random, it would make it a pain in the *** to get some of the skills that require say 10 pts of 1 element.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    thanks guys for all the clarifications regarding biding items.b:victory
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Green TT are not auto bond, but gold TTs are auto bond. I would give it back to the owner too, for a little finders fee (aka fair market value).

I once PK'ed a red level 70 who didn't have either a Guardian angel or his TT item bound - after he mistook me for a 60 since I was playing around with a regular level 60 3 star weapon.

He had to have been fresh 70 from his player information page. He dropped his TT item, and was begging for it back. So I did... Just the soul sledge...

The chat was priceless.