give wizards more power

SweetDream - Lost City
SweetDream - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
all guys which play a wizard know that they go down fast as hell in duel.give us a morepowerful thing like some new strengh on a weapon like: have a chance to do double dmg at the lost of 5% MP.or make the arcane equipment better with more phy def~.~ i think all wizards know what i want to say

~~~~~~>my new skill ''undine'' helped me rly out in pk.now i can kill without some problems archer and other classes in my lvl.but a stun atk would be nice too.like the hell skill stone rain have then a chance to stun but only with 20%.i cant w8 till i reach lvl 90 with my hell skills and hh90 eq ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by SweetDream - Lost City on

Comments

• Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    all guys which play a wizard know that they go down fast as hell in duel.give us a morepowerful thing like some new strengh on a weapon like: have a chance to do double dmg at the lost of 5% MP.or make the arcane equipment better with more phy def~.~ i think all wizards know what i want to say

If we had berserk on magic weapons, that would effectively make Clerics even more op than they already are.
    Already they can do what a mage can do + more.

I'd say, give mages more disables.
  • Link - Lost City
    Link - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Ever saw a high 9x MG with decent gear in action? They are supposed to suck in the lower levels, but in endgame they are really strong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'd say, don't judge a wizard by their ability to duel.

I agree wizards need something to make them more desirable in parties, but better dueling ability...unnecessary and unneeded. Wizards aren't meant to duel, and dueling isn't a part of the game that needs improving.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • SweetDream - Lost City
    SweetDream - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Ever saw a high 9x MG with decent gear in action? They are supposed to suck in the lower levels, but in endgame they are really strong.

hmm im atm lv83 near 84 hope with my hell skills from lvl89 and the hh90 equipment it will be better than before xP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well, wizards are complicated for me already. You guys simply "vanish" and show up somewhere else.
  • Ethree - Lost City
    Ethree - Lost City Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    CQ mages **** b:laugh and Link come back b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] tx Haiz too pro
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well, wizards are complicated for me already. You guys simply "vanish" and show up somewhere else.

Well just so u know when they "vanish" they show up 16-25 meters (30 meters if they have the demon skill) in the direction they are facing. Wizards only distance shrink in the direction they are facing so its predictable after a while.

@OP: So far i like wizard the way it is although the only thing they could really use is a reliable stun not a sleep i want it for air battles. Doesnt really matter if they change wizard or not, I am pretty happy with it.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2009

~~~~~~>my new skill ''undine'' helped me rly out in pk.now i can kill without some problems archer and other classes in my lvl.but a stun atk would be nice too.like the hell skill stone rain have then a chance to stun but only with 20%.i cant w8 till i reach lvl 90 with my hell skills and hh90 eq ;)

Wiz sucks totally til lvl 90...its not even fun playing in pvp. And its also the class that takes most effort and skill to pvp with. And even at 90+ unless you have really nice gear, ure not that amazing. Still the weakest class 1v1, u still die in 2 sec from phoenix, archers tear u apart and BM to. But at least u can kill alot of ppl in group pvp with maxed ultis and the hh90 set makes u live alot longer.

At lvl 100 tho, with lvl 99 skills, grade 12 or 13 weapon highly refined u can pretty much 1 shoot most people. Its kinda weird with wiz that way, they suck so bad for so long, than at lvl 100 they become extremely powerful. 8jun wiz with +12 weapon can like 1 shoot archers with gush <.<

But most ppl tend to give up before lvl 100 b:chuckle
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    What kinda wizard struggles in duels

Spark during count down

Force of will

Sutra

Sandstorm

Divine pyro

Nix

what's so hard?
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Spark during count down

Force of will

Sutra

Sandstorm

Divine pyro

Nix

what's so hard?
    So wizards can only win at higher levels, since FoW is a joke unless it's leveled because you'd get stunned out of sutra, and then you need full chi. And even then you'd get owned by a cleric who'd stack heals during countdown. Or a BM Leaping/sprinting out of range after seeing you spark.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Oz - Lost City
    Oz - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Agreed on Lily, wizard suk bad before 90, and even then PvP isnt easy.
    I can still get killed by all other 9x classes if im not careful, you will never be able to just stand there and whack at people like BMs or barbs.
    Slowly starting to get 99 gear shows that Lily is right tho. Once u get a higher crit rate and can refine your gear a bit it gets a LOT better. I do 1-shot archers now (not everytime of course, but it happens) and any 3-spark crit is instant death for low-hp classes.

You have to be patient and persistent under 90, especially if you arent rich enough to put some + on your armour and weapon.
    Many people try to compensate their "high dying rate" with light armour, which does help you to survive, but imo makes you even worse in PvP since you wont kill people with your low int. (Unless you are Pandora and have a +8 weapon and 2 clerics spam-healing you all the time)

Go full int, + your stuff, get some crit gear (rings) and go lvl is the best option if you want to have a nice wizard in the end, just my opinion.

And oh, farm herbs like an idiot and make anti-stun pots, you will need them ^^
  • Arisaka - Lost City
    Arisaka - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Seriously, clerics suffer just as much as wizards in PVP. The cleric is slower to attack and does way less damage than wizards, just for a chance to stun for about two seconds.
  • Thelegion - Lost City
    Thelegion - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    In al game i was magic Nuker Type... but i try using wiz here in pwi and i only do it until 50 cauze pk action become hard.... i will like wiz have mor def cauze 1 shot from phy kill y and whit a nix b:angryb:surrender... is bad that wiz can handle a ppl in 1v1 even in groups wiz die like hell.... wiz have to be the stronger but no the more fragile......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Because everyone uses chi pots during duels?
    dueling is for **** anyways.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Seriously, clerics suffer just as much as wizards in PVP. The cleric is slower to attack and does way less damage than wizards, just for a chance to stun for about two seconds.
    - Clerics don't attack slower
    - Clerics have almost as much power as Wizards
    - Clerics can self heal
    - Clerics can immobilize the target with paralyze/sleep
    - Clerics have a skill which defends them from physical damage
    - Clerics have a spammable physical damage skill

You're an idiot. Clerics are FAR easier to pvp with.
  • Kikuzakura - Sanctuary
    Kikuzakura - Sanctuary Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Still the weakest class 1v1, u still die in 2 sec from phoenix, archers tear u apart and BM to.

Phoenix: if you saw phoenix soon enough, force of will, and you have five seconds (distance shrink and kill veno, or will of the phoenix and you have an extra second or so for phoenix. if not, burn your soporific whisper -- no point in saving for archer or blademaster if you would be dying anyways.

Archer: essential sutra

Blademaster: distance shrink (perhaps straight up -- fly first if were on land), gush, etc.

All of this assumes you were not incapacitated before you could do anything. But, personally, if I did not enjoy constant wariness and paranoia I would play on a PvE server. (... and ... i do not enjoy either of them...)
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Phoenix: if you saw phoenix soon enough, force of will, and you have five seconds (distance shrink and kill veno, or will of the phoenix and you have an extra second or so for phoenix. if not, burn your soporific whisper -- no point in saving for archer or blademaster if you would be dying anyways.
    Force of will has a 2 second cast time; meaning even if you max it at level 85, you'll only really have 3 seconds. Distance Shrink - 1 second. Gush/phoenix - 2 seconds.

That's gonna need to be one hell of a gush/phoenix. b:surrender WotPhoenix won't even help that much, the thing will be back in your face in one second. And we're still ignoring the fact that the veno can stun/etc in the meantime.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Spark during count down

Force of will

Sutra

Sandstorm

Divine pyro

Nix

what's so hard?

u've obviously never played a wizard lol
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Ghettodog - Lost City
    Ghettodog - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Everyone says a class is "awesome" at endgame lol.

People say that about barbs but i still own now. b:chuckle
  • Koyote - Harshlands
    Koyote - Harshlands Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    noooo! make the nix more powerful. and give clerics a *kill wizards instantly AOE* skillb:chuckleb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Koyote - Wizardhunter of Harshlandsb:pleased. (I hate wizardsb:angry)
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    :P Wizards already have the highest PWI damage out of all the other classes, what else do you want?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • Zosai - Harshlands
    Zosai - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    hehe wizards are great target practice b:chuckle
    they r like GET CLOSE and im like Winged Pledge b:shutup
    dueling means nothing dude when u pvp, go with full chi and nuke them :). and if u dont want to take a chance just nuke level 6xs lol :)
    noooo! make the nix more powerful. and give clerics a *kill wizards instantly AOE* skillb:chuckleb:pleased

And i was going to say something about give BMs a kill wiz in 1 hit kill but thats every one :)
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Spark during count down

Force of will

Sutra

Sandstorm

Divine pyro

Nix

what's so hard?

The WR stands right next to you, stun as your spark animation finishes, stunlock you to death. Next.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Duels as a wizard fail.

I can say from personal experience that I relly on my hp charm HEAVILY in pvp. Most of my gear is 2 or 3 star giving lots of blue stats of pys def so I can take 4 or 5 hits from a bm before my charm ticks. Once it ticks I NEED to fall from the sky or blink away to get my charm to tick. Fighting a bm is the easiest 1 vs 1 for a mage. Archer is a lot harder 1 vs 1 since blink is basically worthless verse them.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2009

the only thing we need is a mana shield. That would make us on par with Archers/Clerics. Take 40-60% off phys dmg from Mana points and not HP.
    One simple thing like that, and no one will laugh at a wizz lower than 80.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    All u range classes that complain about pvp should really spend ONE DAY as a barbarian.

Know what it's like to have to run up to your prey EVERY SINGLE TIME YA WANNA HIT?(ok 90% of the time, yeah we have ONE range move-_-) and even then MISS like a blindman swinging a toothpick!

Anyways thats not my point, i could say hey all other clases have range moves, bm's can do the speedy thing or the tigerleap thing. Barbs are slow and cumbersome....blah blah.

But in the END, somehow every class has some skill that makes it overpowered against another class and some stuff that COMPENSATES for some thing their lacking in too.

Just gotta feel ya character and get to know whats the ups and downs.

NOW GO FIND OUT!:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • Alyza - Harshlands
    Alyza - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Except that wizards have absolutely no advantages. Ever. The only advantage I can even think of is if you can ninja a sutra, and even then if the other player has a charm, they won't die unless you get a lucky crit (and wizards have **** crit %). So what good are wizards?

Archers are wizards with more survivability and MUCH more crit/instakill capability

Venos are wizards with amazing bodyguards

Clerics are wizards that can heal

Wizards in and of themselves are practice dummies
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Once rep comes in and later on when 8jun isn't re.tardedly rare mg's with 8jun will **** everyone off.
  • Mezzy - Lost City
    Mezzy - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I think the idea of a 9x Wiz with a genie scares me... uh oh the time is near b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I think the idea of a 9x Wiz with a genie scares me... uh oh the time is near b:sad

b:chuckle
    88, 190% to go.
    Still won't fvck with robe venos... or half robe venos b:surrender
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]