No more TWs in HT.

13»

Comments

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You forget that the post you first quoted wasn't even directed at you, so the points I was making in that post have nothing to do with yours, so why try to fit them into the same mold?

I'm saying the person who accused defected of chestbeating is an idiot.

There's no plausible way to deny that Enrage is a heavily PvP-orientated guild. At the same time, my point was that while smaller guilds wouldn't stand a chance 1 on 1, it's still possible to make bigger guilds lose land simply by making them field 3 different TWs at the same time. I agree that this can't be done with 3 guilds of say, 35 people online at the time, but there ARE enough decently large guilds for even Enrage to suffer a dilemma over if 3 attacked at once.

As for smaller guilds wasting money...It "only" costs 500K to make the minimal bid. It's pretty demanding on a guild with no land income, but for a guild of about 100 people who all WANT to use their money for experience or fun, it's not impossible to come up with. Heck, it's only a little bit more costly than a charm. People at Enrage admire TheCore not only because they challenge us knowing full well they won't win but also on their performance off the TW field, where we see them white named but kill AND die in good sport. We laugh when they successfully gank us, and they laugh when we wipe them. Of course, not all guilds WANT to waste 500K just to run around TW knowing they're not going to win, but at the same time you shouldn't deny that some people don't find it fun because there ARE people who enjoy it.

And lastly, while bragging is a blatant form of arrogance, I still feel that it's normal. Especially in this case, where Radiance was the dominant power for so long, and those who came from RoC know the overwhelming power they had; it's their way of expressing their pride at having their hard work pay off in finally beating Radiance. As for belittling others, it's not so much bragging as being inconsiderate and maybe condescending. This of course is limited to the "you suck" comments. I don't really think there's anything wrong with glorifying one's own guild. It's guild pride, and it's not like we're the only ones to do it. Even smaller guilds express it, and it's something good and moralizing for the members.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Who wants fresh baked cookies?
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    *raises hand*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
    edited April 2009
    *raises hand*
    alright, check your mail in 30 minutes.

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Snuggles - Heavens Tear
    Snuggles - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Are they sugar cookies? *holds out paw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    Are they sugar cookies? *holds out paw

TheCore contractual sign on bonus sugar cookies.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    As for smaller guilds wasting money...It "only" costs 500K to make the minimal bid.
    Sure, if you don't plan on showing up. Towers are 100k each, catapults aren't free. I'd put the minimum cost at no less than 1.5 mil, probably closer to 2 mil.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    As for smaller guilds wasting money...It "only" costs 500K to make the minimal bid.

+ the cost for building towers

+ the cost for using catapults

+ the cost of using charms, potions, and other consumables

Unless you stand some chances to win, TW can be a big drain of money on smaller guilds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Which....I didn't deny.....and merely said that some guilds do find it worthwhile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
    edited April 2009

+Paying all the QQers
    +Fuel Surcharge
    +Shipping and handling

jeeeeeeeeeeezzzz

**** the towers and cats are chump change. Balls to the wall.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maisahiko - Heavens Tear
    Maisahiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Kaenor..... Honestly before you umm post another comment PAWEASE learn how to do your grammer its BUTCHERED wow

"
    If possible, dont decide what important for me in mmo game. And take it serious, if you need (its remain only a game for enjoyment).
    Thanks, im fine that part what i enjoy. Take you too.
    The line was an example for solve something, and i dont made part of that.
    Back to topic: If you interested with tw, do it and dont bother others, who dont want to participate.
    "

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD OF THIS WTH!!!! i mean come on I break english all the time but this is PAST broken
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Im pretty sure w/e he said there was trying to make fun of your ancestors.

Get even.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Maisahiko - Heavens Tear
    Maisahiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    umm TW Setup in this game is sooo like not logical if you compare it to other Well known mmo's and to be honest revamping Dungeons for EXP/Grinding would be the best thing that we can get the Makers of this game to do because I rather sit in a Dungeon and Grind lvls and O yeah having the Dungeon mobs with Doubled EXP value would be a Plus in my book.

O yeah enstead of having TW Factions should be owning Dungeons getting Taxes from the percentage from ppl who uses the dungeon to lvl that moddle of PvP is better because eachweek you have to defend the dungeon O yeah Free warp to dungeon that your Faction owns.

anyways nice try but TW sucks in general
  • Bookman - Heavens Tear
    Bookman - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    umm TW Setup in this game is sooo like not logical if you compare it to other Well known mmo's and to be honest revamping Dungeons for EXP/Grinding would be the best thing that we can get the Makers of this game to do because I rather sit in a Dungeon and Grind lvls and O yeah having the Dungeon mobs with Doubled EXP value would be a Plus in my book.

O yeah enstead of having TW Factions should be owning Dungeons getting Taxes from the percentage from ppl who uses the dungeon to lvl that moddle of PvP is better because eachweek you have to defend the dungeon O yeah Free warp to dungeon that your Faction owns.

anyways nice try but TW sucks in general
    and o yeah please never post again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    At the same time, my point was that while smaller guilds wouldn't stand a chance 1 on 1, it's still possible to make bigger guilds lose land simply by making them field 3 different TWs at the same time. I agree that this can't be done with 3 guilds of say, 35 people online at the time, but there ARE enough decently large guilds for even Enrage to suffer a dilemma over if 3 attacked at once.

That is basically the very core of my line of thought. How many guilds are there on HT that are considerably larger than mine _and_ not already doing TW? I know there are a few, sure. But how many guilds are there, on the entire server, that have a full roster of close to 200 and no alts in them? I would dare saying that the average non-PvP-focused guild has a lot less than 100 members even. My estimation would be that the average computer gaming guild has somewhere between 25 and 50 members (no, I don't have any numbers to back that up, it's just a guess I believe to be correct). So, in the end, there aren't many guilds on this server that could manage to field enough TW players to be a match for you, even as part of a coordinated attack. If I remember correctly, that was even tried once with RoC - how many lands did you lose in that attack? None?

In the end, one of the biggest gripes I have with the TW system (and also the reason why there are only a few guilds for you to fight) is that numbers really matter in TW and at the same time the maximum of 200 means you'd have a really, really large guild. Most guilds would find it hard to grow that large, even if they wanted to. Many wouldn't even want to. So in the end, TW is meant for super large guilds - and exactly this will seriously limit your chances of getting fights.
    As for smaller guilds wasting money...It "only" costs 500K to make the minimal bid. It's pretty demanding on a guild with no land income, but for a guild of about 100 people who all WANT to use their money for experience or fun, it's not impossible to come up with.

It's not impossible to come up with per se, no. And if you'd ask me directly if our 100 member guild could cough up the cash for a round of TW, yes we could. But if you have no land income and know your members struggle even with raising enough cash for Crazy Stone and buying skills and TT gear, I guess any sensible guild leader should think twice about putting even more financial strain on their members, really. Who knows, one day we might do a round of TW, too. And maybe, just maybe, after having a lot of beer and wine, we might even go after you guys for a laugh. But for the time being, there are a lot better ways for us to spend our money. And I think that's true for the vast majority of guilds out there. It's yet another huge flaw of the TW system (If I tried to list all flaws of that system I guess this post would easily reach novel size...). Why, oh why does PvP need to cost money - there is no better way of saying "If you'd do it only for a laugh, keep out!".

In the end I wish PW had a PvP system where everyone could have PvP fun, powerful guilds and casual guilds alike. But it's not the case and neither you nor I can change that. I am still not QQing in any way here, just digging into the question why there isn't too much TW going on.

PS: If there is any mass attack coming up next weekend at all, I dare predicting the target won't be you... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    First faction to bid on a land gets the attack.
    Times of attacks totally random.
    Number of times one faction can be attacked by different factions in one day not limited.
    Crazy idea?Yes...but it'd be fun ):
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • _pixiebutt_ - Heavens Tear
    _pixiebutt_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Personally. My faction is small. and we are being brave and tryin out TW for a learning experience. o.O Which may lead to death for epic fail. But hey we are learning. and least we are brave enough to try? Ey...

And honestly.
    I Love defect, and MsEvilnesss....with a few choice members of enrage.
    They helpeed me and were nice about it. Made it.. well FUN :)
    But the rest of the [badword] people in enrage. I hope they take
    a dive off of -looks around- Scorpian Valley :P To be pg about it :D
    They are the rudest . well you all know :)

b:chuckle

So i honestly wish someone would try and take them down o.O
    I might just for sh... and giggles :P b:chuckle Give everyone
    something to wonder why the heck a small faction would do it
    but , well you know second thought.
    Why give them my money for us to die.
    b:laugh Well Nevermind on that Thought b:bye
    IGN: _Pixiebutt_
    Server: Heavens Tear
    Faction: KuraiKage-Leader

Gettin Married Friday: xoAngelxo b:cute
    edited April 2009
    Personally. My faction is small. and we are being brave and tryin out TW for a learning experience. o.O Which may lead to death for epic fail. But hey we are learning. and least we are brave enough to try? Ey...

And honestly.
    I Love defect, and MsEvilnesss....with a few choice members of enrage.
    They helpeed me and were nice about it. Made it.. well FUN :)
    But the rest of the [badword] people in enrage. I hope they take
    a dive off of -looks around- Scorpian Valley :P To be pg about it :D
    They are the rudest . well you all know :)

b:chuckle

So i honestly wish someone would try and take them down o.O
    I might just for sh... and giggles :P b:chuckle Give everyone
    something to wonder why the heck a small faction would do it
    but , well you know second thought.
    Why give them my money for us to die.
    b:laugh Well Nevermind on that Thought b:bye

They are all evil, they hate babies.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    and kill puppies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • deeznuts13
    deeznuts13 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    And balls.

In your mouth.b:victory
  • deeznuts13
    deeznuts13 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Look in the mirror much? *grin*

Do you LOL? GD hypocrite.b:chuckleb:victory