Hercules skills

2»

Comments

• Emily - Dreamweaver
    Emily - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    so in TT/FB i get Roar or bash ??

If you're doing solo TT runs mostly, Bash.

If you're doing a lot of group work, Roar... But Bash really will cut it also. Just have to tell your DD's not to go nuts right out the gate.
  • _petgoddess_ - Dreamweaver
    _petgoddess_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    *drools over the Herc's three buff skills* I'm planning to replace Pounce with Bash aswell since it will be my PvE only pet. Pounce on Phoenix on the other hand...b:laugh
    9999 Forces Completed -Hercules Acquired-
    9999 Feathers Completed -Phoenix Acquired-
  • Kageneko - Harshlands
    Kageneko - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Now, I dont have herc yet, but very soon I will get it. And wondered the same thing. "Level Punce, or replace it with Bash?"

So here is my opinion on matter.

If 99.9% ppl with herc(that are 70+ as a mater of fact) say Punce does not work on bosses, and only one veno(no matter what lvl) say Puonce works on all bosses...well do the math. Makes one wonder if that one person actualy wants ppl to waste their money and die like mad, messing their game experience, while he/she laughs as result, when they cant stun bosses? hmmm?

Btw some1 mentioned bash cant steal aggro from barb's FR? Try lvl1 Bash on golem lvl40, it steals aggro from pk build barbs lvl60 with no problem. Cant keep it for long, but steals every 2nd time it hits, same would be probably with Herc and upgraded bash.

My choice will be Bash(more universal then Roar). After all I dont like bugging ppl all the time, and try to do my things solo as much as I can. The very description of Roar say that it pulls aggro on caster(Herc in this situation), so ya, prooly the best aggro pullin' skill, but bash imo has more universal role especialy in tough situations when u have to solo somethin' very strong, so u only spam or semi-spam pet heal and let bash of ur pet do li'l by li'l dmg, with addon of ur attack skills from time to time as well.

As far as veno AoE grinding: I dunno bout that, all AoE skills veno have even with arcane build, dont do significant dmg imo. Plus waste of so much time to gather mobs for AoEing them. Tho I might be wrong on this one, not sure.

Cheers
    Working on sig atm, Im missing it due to lack of ideas.
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    TT/FB bosses cant be stunned. Period.

And i agree, i like the idea of bash level 5 more than roar level 5. I wish i knew just how much aggro is generated by those 2 skills.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    And i agree, i like the idea of bash level 5 more than roar level 5. I wish i knew just how much aggro is generated by those 2 skills.

Seems like it'd be pretty easy to figure out. Get pet to Bash a mob once, then stop it from attacking. Then you cast low-damage spells at it until you pull aggro off your pet. Add up the damage. Repeat for Roar.
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Seems like it'd be pretty easy to figure out. Get pet to Bash a mob once, then stop it from attacking. Then you cast low-damage spells at it until you pull aggro off your pet. Add up the damage. Repeat for Roar.

Good plan, but at my level i dont have the money for those kind of test lol b:cry