Give FistMasters Some Respect Every Once in a While...

Options
13»

Comments

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Watch out for Lyndura, the 12 year old fist hating.....
    And no, a fist is not that good in PvP, they get better post 90, but everyone pretty much balances out then anyway. They are however, very efficient in PvE, and have very cheap costs.

some people don't like playing their games on the VERY EASY setting.

I think "he" is a "she", judging by the avatar and nickname but not sure anyways. b:laugh

Those are exacly my current thoughts with fists until somebody proves otherwise.
  • eleasar
    eleasar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I think "he" is a "she", judging by the avatar and nickname but not sure anyways. b:laugh

Those are exacly my current thoughts with fists until somebody proves otherwise.

@ Lyndura
    Stop trying - you did try your best to show everyone how to be an effective Warrior. All of my friends who did start out with fists either quit the game or switched to Axe later on. Just let them go their way and find out the hard way themselfes...
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    eleasar wrote: »
    @ Lyndura
    Stop trying - you did try your best to show everyone how to be an effective Warrior. All of my friends who did start out with fists either quit the game or switched to Axe later on. Just let them go their way and find out the hard way themselfes...

I think your comment is fare enough.b:victory

By doing that, some people might give a fare chance to the other BM branches by trying them and deciding after. They might change to axes later or quit the game.

However, the most important is that it opens the posibility of they discovering the secrets of those branches and make them more viable.

Every time I get in touch with a high level fist or sword users (since they are rare). I ask for tips in how to play them. Still, I have not received anything outstanding but the search continues.
  • Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    okay im here to give fist blademasters there due credit
    i play a private server and i have a lvl 150blademaster who uses fist
    now my fist give me -.1atk interval and the lion rex gloves and boots give me -.15 and my windblown cape gives me -.05 now thats -.3 attack interval now if you dont know these interval stack in a unique way
    a normal fist atks at 1.43 a sec now if you minus .1 it goes to 1.67 then if you minus .05 it goes to 1.82 then another -.1 and it becomes 2.22
    now after that it depends on yoru culti on how fast you hit
    if you are demon cult you can use dark cyclone kick and attack at 2.5 then if you use dark fury burst you attack at 3.33 (this is w/the attack reduce items)
    now if you use both you hit at 4.xx a second now if you take the +12 fist that i use decadal god which is damage about 2k-2.5kish (the weapon alone) now on a fully heavyarmored bm i hit (w/o buffs on either) 500-1k with 1.5k-2.5k crits now all heavy armored ppl with +12 have at least (lvl 105+) 16k hp
    now if you take in the hiero which has a 10sec cool down if i attack at about 4hit a second thats 2k-10k a second depending on crit now that ticks the hiero then in the next 10seconds i have to hit around 16k of hp then it a done deal
    now on light i hit around 1k-1.5k with up to 3k crits
    (not taking in dodge amulets etc)
    on arcane i hit around 2k normal hits and 5-6k crits
    now fully buffed enemies take off 100-600of that damage on a opponet
    give or take a few hundred
    now on a holy wr the advantage is damage reduce and cyclone kick lasts longer so you can use cyclone kick then holy fury burst and hit for 15second were as on a dark combo you only get 12seconds of fast attack
    <.< now if we have a opponent who has full god stones in his amour or full phy stones it is a diff story but the build i use 350str 400dex 5con 5int does not miss at all and i use evasion stones because i fight melee on my bm so my evasion is around 10k and i use darkgrandfrost badges for rings with is +50%accuracy each so i have 10k accuracy so i never miss and i almost always dodge
    now you can say but wait what about the other classes damage and ill say what damage they are dead by the time my opening stun is over :3

id reall like to see it is there a prvate server? i dont really belivev so the highest lvl is 101 not 150 so srry i dont believe you
    "When life gives you arrows give them back ", Divine_Demon b:sin
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    id reall like to see it is there a prvate server? i dont really belivev so the highest lvl is 101 not 150 so srry i dont believe you

Please, don't comment about that to avoid this tread being closed.b:thanks

This tread is being interesting so far.b:victory
  • Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    well okay i read a lot of you higher lvls argue about how axe and polearm pawn swords and fist ****. about how their skills do all the **** **** and stuff but have you guys ever think about it at all??? do you really believe the god damn statistics? are you serious??? you guys are discriminating against the weapon classes... and have you guys ever challenged a sword BM seriously? cause as far as i have leveled, my chances of killing my opponent in the game really depends on how dumb he is. if he is some dumb ***, even with axe or polearm it wouldnt work... stop discriminating against 1 v 1 weapon class and go do your own stuff. and you guys know what? i freaking follow lyndura's guides... lol ironic dont you think? well what he said is true that we dont lvl fast enough but what you lvl so god damn fast and you reach the level max what you gonna do? pk us? are you seriously that bored? we will eventually reach the same lvl so why not enjoy the process. i know the game dont start till you are high lvl and all but i feel that sword bms and fist bms are too underestimated... people who quit or switch to axe BMs. They play for high lvl? seriously? then they should just quit. dont play for the sake of playing? play cause it is fun. choose the weapon you want and just play it. even if with regrets, we still had fun. and i seriously wont ever believe that axe BMs have a 100% chance of winning against us unless they have better equips and lvl. if not, i find that it is more about your timing of skills and tatics we use.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    They aren't talking about sub 60 lvling faster being that meaningful, they mean the 60/70 - 89 range. This is where lvling begins to become mostly about grind, and people start dropping from the game. And it becomes worse for some, when they hear about the same class with different build/weapon lvling 2X or more as fast for the same lvl. They put that out there so if people do get fed up with slow lvling, they can know that there is another alternative instead of simply quitting.

Or they can make the BM just daily quest from 70 on and start trying out another class as their main for a while. I play my fist BM once a week or so seriously, just doing quests. No mindless grinding on them, and they still lvl very quickly. This is of course a third option available.
  • Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Is true that at later parts, we start lagging behind a lot due to slower grinding. Oh well I have nothing to say anymore. Our weapon class are just too underestimated that everyone simply go with axe or polearm and you see every sword BM just start quitting. There are some who just continue and I will too. To all the BMs in PW, the guide by lyndura is good however if you really feel that your weapon class is fun, just go for it. And this debate is too boring. Can we change some other topics? The arguements place here are all the same. I am sure everyone who reads it knows what is wrong with the sword and fist BM. Anyway although I don't really agree with lyndura on his view about fist BMs, i got to admit that his guide is awesome. It is really good. Thanks for the guide.
  • PhantomDrake - Sanctuary
    PhantomDrake - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    heres the deal in my case...

i hav a lotta respect for Fist BMs becoz of their high evasion and accuracy...but their lack of Str is a bit of a disadvantage non the less...however if u hav a fist BM with a proper build and proper shards on their armor defeatin another BM give or take 5 lvls shud not b too much of a challenge....

btw if u wish to duel me (Dual Blades BM)....meet me near Elder of Arch in exactly 12 hours from this post....that wud b 11 pm PWI timeb:laugh
  • jacobefeg
    jacobefeg Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    FIST BMS HAVE NO USE IN PW! b:angry
  • Eirel - Sanctuary
    Eirel - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm....gonna ignore the last 7 pages, as I'm pretty sure most of it is flame on fistmasters.

All I have to say is that its nice that someone is standing up and willing to give help to those of us who chose this path, instead of the dozens of people whose idea of "advice" for us is to quit and restat to axe/polearm/swords.

I've given up on finding...coherant advice on being a fist-bm. Some say its better for PvP, others say its best in PvE, everyone else says it rocks after 90+ in whatever mode you happen to be on. I'm fine with that - I enjoy finding my own way, and I have the money for restat scrolls when I deem that I screwed up far too much. However, I'm sure there are plenty of others would actually want and need GOOD advice on the subject, and be respected for their choice - instead of being pushed away, called n00bs, and told to either switch paths, get a new class, or quit the game all together.

Every class and their sub-builds all have a purpose in the game. Those higher powers that designed the game obviously included the fist/claw path for a reason, and those of you who would say "we have no place," take it to the game designers and tell them that, while you've probably never played a fist bm, you deem it an absolutely worthless path and believe it should be taken out of the game - see what they say.
    Proud member of the "Fist/Claw Cult" :p
  • KhaosShadow - Sanctuary
    KhaosShadow - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I was building my alt towards the same mentality, but I wasw coming up with 5 attacks a second or so.

1.43 fist speed
    +20% from Skill
    +25% from demon spark
    +25% from apothecary

So 1.43 * 1.7 = 2.431 atk spd

Interval 1/2.431 = .4114

-.1 from deicider
    -.1 from lvl 80 wrist mold

That drops interval to .2114, which means atk speed of 4.73. Which is close enough to 5.

Now this is without counting any real high end gear, such as the -0.5 charm with all those stat boosts. Also, pretty sure there is a cloak that subtracts interval, and some of the items you've listed are prolly going to eventually get added into the game. So fist BMs can end up getting obscene lvls of atk spd for short bursts. Unless they end up putting caps in place, fists stand a chance for being the highest dmg possible. All it needs is a cleric to cast off one simple seal, or a Tyrseus from the bm, and it's all set to go.

Wonder if it will allow a total of -.4 attack interval at some point :) Though having an atk spd of 1/.0114 = 87.7 would prolly end up getting some kind of action in place to prevent the abuse.

You cannot stack the speed buff from skill and apothecary pot. I'm guessing demon spark also doesn't stack as well. Meaning you can get 25% at max. Once I actually manage to get demon I'll tell you if it stacks with anything or not.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'd think that demon spark would stack with skill use boosts, otherwise would kill the point of going demon. That would be enough reason to go sage instead off of that alone, since fist BMs will be using their spark pretty frequently.

One thing I'd want to change after thinking about it, is the timing of the way the computations are done. Went off of another formula, but it made no sense for it to get that powerful that easily. So most likely, the negative interval is applied before the speed boosts. So while still good, it won't be as obscene so easily.
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Come on PWI! Give fist masters skills like Shoryuken and Hadoken! You know you want to! b:chuckle
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    My two jokes of the BM tree swords/fists are allowing me to pass quickly trough the 60's. b:victory
    I'm using a bit of axes for AOE while grinding lower level mobsb:laugh.

I think the 60's is a good place to compare weapon paths. I notice the axes guys use too much MP while grinding those magic mobs.

I only use leap back (cancell first mag attack), shadowless kick (cancell 2nd mag attack) to finish these mobs. The mobs are finished with normal sword attacks.

After two mobs I use diamond sutra, and since I cancel most of the mag attacks, I use ultra marrow physical all the time to take less physical damage.

If you know how to play with your toon, you save a lot in pots. However, I admit is more work to get the best out of your sword/fist toon.b:chuckle
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I am an axe guy. And I use less Skills then you do when fighting these mobs. To make such a definitive assumption is dangerous. I open with AS and fight mobs to death. I use one skill per mob while your using 3 skills. Mob dies before launching a second magic attack. If it got to launch a first magic attack at all. I end up using my sutra around my 3rd mob or 4th mob depending on how the fights go. Its all dependent though. I have used on second mob. Not often though. My AS is maxed so I stun quite often. And therefore take less damage use less mp and less pots.

Edit:

Its all build and equipment dependent I assume. (And the way some just play). What do you see these axe BM's using skill wise? Also are they using there first TT weapon??
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I am an axe guy. And I use less Skills then you do when fighting these mobs. To make such a definitive assumption is dangerous. I open with AS and fight mobs to death. I use one skill per mob while your using 3 skills. Mob dies before launching a second magic attack. If it got to launch a first magic attack at all. I end up using my sutra around my 3rd mob or 4th mob depending on how the fights go. Its all dependent though. I have used on second mob. Not often though. My AS is maxed so I stun quite often. And therefore take less damage use less mp and less pots.

Edit:

Its all build and equipment dependent I assume. (And the way some just play). What do you see these axe BM's using skill wise? Also are they using there first TT weapon??

Notice, fists can attack the mob the same way you do, take the first hit and killing prior the second or cancelling the 2nd with shadowless kick. Just one skill, same as you do. No much difference there. doing this is a waste of MP/HP in my opinion.

However, fists gives you options that axes do not have or are limited:

1) fists can cancell all magic attacks from a single regular mob. Which means, fists can use marrow physical while fighting magic/melee mobs. Fists do not need to do this, but its available for you to do it. It will save you MP/HP in the long run.

2)Still, using marrow physical and Leap back should not count as being used during the fight, since you used those prior facing the mob. which means, you kill the mob which kicks and punches and use shadowless kick 1 time.

Saying that, if I have extra sparks, like two sparks and chi bar full. I start the fight with drake bash from axes and I return to fists right away. but this skill requires MP and a spark. which means, it is reliable but not efficient.
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    As much as I loved getting to 70 with Fists (and the occasional switch to TT60 axes to AoE magic/physical mobs that were close together, after an opening stun), I was one of the lucky few to get Calamity Axes to drop on my FB69 in Dreamweaver.

I'm hooked. Seeing 12k crits with my as-yet unrefined, unsharded Calamity Axes, with only 4 into Axe mastery compared to 9 with Fist mastery, and while using under-leveled Axe skills has convinced me. I'd been going 3 STR 2 DEX (with a little bit into VIT here and there) as a contingency for if I ever decided to switch to another weapon, and I'm glad I did. My +3 Dark Flashes (less damage than TT70 fists, but I got them for their price and their awesome utility effect of purify/heal 5% health) will only be brought out on bosses, and magic/physical mobs.

I'm kicking myself for the points I wasted into the polearm tree, but I'm already getting xp three or four times faster than I was with fists.

My advice to up and coming BMs (to which I am still a party): Leave your options open. Spirit and XP may be sparse at lower levels, but once you start your 70s you start getting enough spirit to cover the myriad skills BM offers. Don't buy into this **** that's preached on this forum; BM don't specialize in one weapon, there are no "Fistmasters" or "Axemasters", a good BM will utilize multiple trees for maximum effect.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Don't buy into this **** that's preached on this forum; BM don't specialize in one weapon, there are no "Fistmasters" or "Axemasters", a good BM will utilize multiple trees for maximum effect.

I agree with you and I think we are growing.b:victory

A guildmate called me "Rambo" last weekend after seeing me switching weapons and armor in a TT run.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Notice, fists can attack the mob the same way you do, take the first hit and killing prior the second or cancelling the 2nd with shadowless kick. Just one skill, same as you do. No much difference there. doing this is a waste of MP/HP in my opinion.

However, fists gives you options that axes do not have or are limited:

1) fists can cancell all magic attacks from a single regular mob. Which means, fists can use marrow physical while fighting magic/melee mobs. Fists do not need to do this, but its available for you to do it. It will save you MP/HP in the long run.

2)Still, using marrow physical and Leap back should not count as being used during the fight, since you used those prior facing the mob. which means, you kill the mob which kicks and punches and use shadowless kick 1 time.

Saying that, if I have extra sparks, like two sparks and chi bar full. I start the fight with drake bash from axes and I return to fists right away. but this skill requires MP and a spark. which means, it is reliable but not efficient.

1.)I understand you are taking a different option. But i was pointing out that you do use more skills per mob...even if you use them before engaging, then I do, therefore using more mp per mob then i do. (I save MP)

2.)I am not wasting HP. I mean i just said i take on more mobs in a row then you do before i use my sutra. (saving HP and MP remember i am using Aoelian Strike. I stun my opponents quite often and therefore take less hits)

3.) I save my chi/sparks for dangerous situations; like when a mob spawns behind you and now you have that magic mob casting spells on your behind. I use roar to stun both canceling his magic. And of course its situational once again. Do I aoe(unleash the dragon..hehehe) or land a couple hits....usually its aoe (regular) till stun effect goes away/first mob is dead and then I turn and take out the other mob.

Now I know you really like your fists. And after running some TT's I really want to get my hands on some good TT fists. I just lack a little bit of Dex. With that being said. I am working on getting some good fists so i can cancel TT bosses aoes attacks with our tank. I already have my TT blade and axes. But i have not bought any sword skills. (Its just been awhile since my BM has held a sword in his hands. And I am trying to see how to use them efficiently. There attack speed is great. But the skills i need are in the fist tree)

I've been playing out scenarios in my mind. First and foremost my axe/hammer path skills will always be priority. I love to aoe. I protect so many of my party members by doing so, keeping the clerics alive is priority for me.. And since i don't have the dex for great fists yet i settled on trying out some swords first. And they are pretty good. Even without any mastery i deal a good deal of damage with them.

I really believe in what the above poster said. We are indeed Blademasters. And i can see myself buying up other path skills. I will most likely only concentrate though in some weapons mastery's and getting the shadowless kick until I am in the 80's. To stop bosses AoE atacks. I have not yet set a path in front of me. I am only trying to keep all my options open.

I know you use swords. But I have only seen you really comment on your fists. I could use some information on swords from people with experience using them. Hit me up with a PM. (this goes for anyone) I have my TT blade and I am wondering. Should i keep it? Sell it? Use it on mobs 1v1? ( I don't want to hijack this fist thread and talk to much about swords)
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    1.)I understand you are taking a different option. But i was pointing out that you do use more skills per mob...even if you use them before engaging, then I do, therefore using more mp per mob then i do. (I save MP)

2.)I am not wasting HP. I mean i just said i take on more mobs in a row then you do before i use my sutra. (saving HP and MP remember i am using Aoelian Strike. I stun my opponents quite often and therefore take less hits)

3.) I save my chi/sparks for dangerous situations; like when a mob spawns behind you and now you have that magic mob casting spells on your behind. I use roar to stun both canceling his magic. And of course its situational once again. Do I aoe(unleash the dragon..hehehe) or land a couple hits....usually its aoe (regular) till stun effect goes away/first mob is dead and then I turn and take out the other mob.

Now I know you really like your fists. And after running some TT's I really want to get my hands on some good TT fists. I just lack a little bit of Dex. With that being said. I am working on getting some good fists so i can cancel TT bosses aoes attacks with our tank. I already have my TT blade and axes. But i have not bought any sword skills. (Its just been awhile since my BM has held a sword in his hands. And I am trying to see how to use them efficiently. There attack speed is great. But the skills i need are in the fist tree)

I've been playing out scenarios in my mind. First and foremost my axe/hammer path skills will always be priority. I love to aoe. I protect so many of my party members by doing so, keeping the clerics alive is priority for me.. And since i don't have the dex for great fists yet i settled on trying out some swords first. And they are pretty good. Even without any mastery i deal a good deal of damage with them.

I really believe in what the above poster said. We are indeed Blademasters. And i can see myself buying up other path skills. I will most likely only concentrate though in some weapons mastery's and getting the shadowless kick until I am in the 80's. To stop bosses AoE atacks. I have not yet set a path in front of me. I am only trying to keep all my options open.

I know you use swords. But I have only seen you really comment on your fists. I could use some information on swords from people with experience using them. Hit me up with a PM. (this goes for anyone) I have my TT blade and I am wondering. Should i keep it? Sell it? Use it on mobs 1v1? ( I don't want to hijack this fist thread and talk to much about swords)

I find Aeolian Blade (AB) not reliable for these purposes because the stun chance is 50% at level 10. Saying that, AB is the concensus for this purposes among Axes users. So, I should be wrong.b:laugh

Yeah, I use swords for normal attacks and this is my main. I find very litle uses for sword skills in PVE. However, when fighting bosses, I built chi using fists normal attack and as soon as I built my two sparks. I switch to swords to use Myriad of swords stance.

if I want to use couple of MP pots I use my sword combo. Which I think is more efficient than other weapons, since it will not agro any other mob, as the skills are 1v1 oriented.

Other than that I find very litle use for sword skills in PVE.

I know everybody agrees that fists do more DPS than swords. However, for some reason I'm getting the opposite. I have both passive to max and I'm using TT weapons on both. I'm getting more DPS with sword than with fists.

My PVE fights end quicker if I use the sword for normal attack and switch to other weapons for the skills (Fists/Axes).
  • _____ - Harshlands
    _____ - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I have a BM main on Lost City (Don't look at my low lvl arch QQ) The only reason you win in duels is because there are no herios involved, if this was regular PvP you would get your b:shutup to. The reason being is that Fists have no spike dmg, so once they tick someone's herio they can't kill them in a 10 second period.

Everyone knows that the b:shutup is xD
    b:bye
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    Pyreon - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Hipocricy much?

Problem spelling much? xD
  • KhaosShadow - Sanctuary
    KhaosShadow - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Actually Fist's can kill people rather fast threw there hp charm. In actual pvp it really doesn't matter what weapon you use, you're not going to kill another BM or a barb(if they're relatively the same lvl and have a charm. If they're a lot lower level then you then you can kill with fists).

And as far as saving hp/mp pots. Using charms is more cost effective. The hp one will prevent you from dieing if you're facing mobs 1vs1, when one spawns behind you it's not a big deal. And cost wise, its cheaper to get a mp charm then mp pots that equal that amount of mp recovery. If you time sutra well then the hp charm will rarely break as well.

In all reality, your weapon and your stats mean nothing. You are the one that makes your character good or not. The title of this thread is "give fistmasters some respect". I know I have earned respect of those who have seen me use my fists, go out and earn respect with fists if you want it. Like they say, talk is cheap (even cheaper then the hp/mp pots you use while grinding).
  • superher0
    superher0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'll stop reading these ponts about BM, they are confusing me x.x

I really wanted to use Fists... Then one guy started talking that its good to PvE. Then someone say its horrible at PvP.

So:

Fists (or claws) are good at what?
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thank you Granrey!! You answered my question perfectly. I have been using the sword to build up my chi during boss fights (and if i spark i like to use sword too. So many more hits. And more critical chances) so i can unleash my axe's Dragon AOE. And now knowing I can get a good amount of DPS with the sword (I was worried that i should just get fists as i don't see any really use full skills at this time for me in sword tree) I think I might start to upgrade the mastery. I'll wait another day or two. Would you say that I should just buy the fist skill shadowless kick and not worry about having a good set of fists on me; therefore when fighting say the drum boss in TT i can just dis-equip weapon and use the kick to cancel then re-equip? Or should i just get a good fist??

And Khaos actually I have both an MP Charm and an HP Charm. You are totally correct. They are cheaper then buying up a lot of pots. The pots I use are from drops. Or lucky "insert name for level here". I do like to have pots on me for the times when my charm is recharging. Just in case. But I would rather use um...I think its called Jiaso for my HP. Anyways. I often find myself with a **** load of pots because of my wonderful charms. So I use them up when questing/grinding. Now when I am AOE'ing on thieves i just rely on my Charms and cleric. b:laugh
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thank you Granrey!! You answered my question perfectly. I have been using the sword to build up my chi during boss fights (and if i spark i like to use sword too. So many more hits. And more critical chances) so i can unleash my axe's Dragon AOE. And now knowing I can get a good amount of DPS with the sword (I was worried that i should just get fists as i don't see any really use full skills at this time for me in sword tree) I think I might start to upgrade the mastery. I'll wait another day or two. Would you say that I should just buy the fist skill shadowless kick and not worry about having a good set of fists on me; therefore when fighting say the drum boss in TT i can just dis-equip weapon and use the kick to cancel then re-equip? Or should i just get a good fist??

And Khaos actually I have both an MP Charm and an HP Charm. You are totally correct. They are cheaper then buying up a lot of pots. The pots I use are from drops. Or lucky "insert name for level here". I do like to have pots on me for the times when my charm is recharging. Just in case. But I would rather use um...I think its called Jiaso for my HP. Anyways. I often find myself with a **** load of pots because of my wonderful charms. So I use them up when questing/grinding. Now when I am AOE'ing on thieves i just rely on my Charms and cleric. b:laugh

Regarding me doing more dps with the sword rather than with fists. I guess it has something to do with my stats but I'm not sure.

A good thing switching between fists and sword, its the transition between the two. Single sword will take big chuncks of HP from the enemy bu the time between hits is long. However, when you switch from fists, in some secuences you do a sword big hit right after a regular fists hit.

Yes, you can just get shadowless kick to level 1 and dont get any mastery in fists if you want and you dont need the weapons to use them.

that's exactly what this guy does and thats how I learned to use the skill:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=224552&highlight=great+blademaster

Saying that, I'm not as good as himb:laugh. So, I prefer to change to fists a couple second prior the attack (mag attacks happen about every 11-12 secs and the mob hints you prior doing it too).

However, I upgrade fists masteries, every time I get a chance since I mostly stay in fists most of the time against "pure magic mobs". For some reason. Fists has also a bigger chance of cancelling mag attacks just by doing normal attacks. Why? I dont know, I think it has something to do with the amount of hits your toon does per second.

I'm expeculating hereb:surrender. I think if you hit the mob at the right time with a normal attack you can cancell mag attacks too. So, as many hits you do per second, you have a better chance of hitting at the right time.

Another reason for me to master fists is because I use the fists AOE skill when Im fighting several mobs. However, If my built was axes, I would not get this fists skill.
  • Suiguintou - Lost City
    Suiguintou - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Problem spelling much? xD

This is an online game for crying out loud, who gives a damn for spelling. Just to make you cringe some more here is a misspelled list of frequently misspelled words:
    alot
    changable
    definately
    excede
    ignorence
    mispelled
    recieve
    relevent