Lower levels getting treated badly!!

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This isn't happening in Sanctuary as i have been around there for a few days Naf. doesn't show up.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • silenthand
    silenthand Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    dougdread wrote: »
    You seem to apply cowardice to anyone who doesn't do everything at a whim due to thinking about the consequences. It seems pretty shortsighted because this assumes that thinking about the consequences is all about fear - it isn't.

Have you ever encountered very attractive women (or men) who drive your hormones insane? Have you resisted the urge to act on those hormones by not sexually assaulting them in any way? I hope that you don't consider those who resist do so purely out of cowardice due to the repercussions they could face from the law.

How about when you are in a face-to-face argument with someone who is greatly angering you over the argument enough that you want to assault him? Do you call those who resist doing so cowards and assume they only do so because they don't want assault charges?

What about a (really corny) situation such as if someone left a pie to cool by an open window and the smell of the pie seems extremely appetizing to you? Do you call those who don't steal the pie cowards?

Really these are all examples of repressing our basic instincts not because we are cowards (unless you think everyone is like me of whom you think have 'no empathy or compassion') but because we strive to show ourselves in the best form as possible (higher brain functions and all). Games like these where there are no consequences (no legal or reputation or necessary feeling of remorse [unless you choose to bring your real life self into it]) are excellent ways of interacting with others with your base instincts free to flex themselves a little.

So long as the other extreme doesn't happen (leaving the instincts in the game while enjoying life with your limiters on), I feel that this is a wonderful tool.

While I'm a huge fan of the Vikings they can be a pretty **** poor quality football team. They have had some of the greatest players in centuries but they never maximized their potentials. Do you think this is in part because they are repressing their basic urges as you call them to make themselves the needed to be under dog feeling? Or do you think its something slightly different? I'm just wondering.

On to your misguided conception of repression vs cowardice theology. Let us take your examples at a face value that is more determinate then you have shaded the gray so far.

Cowardice -- noun lack of courage to face danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.
    Origin:
  • silenthand
    silenthand Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Noooo my beautiful words were destroyed -_-...I'll think of something funnier later.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i can sort of understand a high lvl cutting a line. if a player is really high level, by all means realize them finishing their quest would go a lot quicker. it'd just be more efficient for everyone. if they have a lot of oracles (like say 100), then i can understand holding off after a little while to let others have a turn just to be nice, but if they just have 10 and pop the boss in 2 hits each, then how much longer did you really have to wait? in a way i think its almost like people paying for memberships not having to wait in line for tickets. the higher lvls have something extra over the lower levels, and that is them having spent much longer time in the game.

heres a scenario:
    we receive several mob quests that tell us to kill a certain number of mobs in the area, add those to 1 man army, and it ends up as us needing all the mobs in the area.

we arrive with a squad of 6, all needing the mobs for the quests. theres 1 guy there and we certainly can't invite. do we wait for this guy to finish his quests first, one bloody mob at a time up to 60+, or do we kill everything in sight in less than 10min and leave? by all means we dont attack the mob he started hitting, but with all of us there, chances are hes going to be hitting nothing for the next 10min. what would you do in that situation if you were in the squad of 6?
  • dougdread
    dougdread Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    silenthand wrote: »
    While I'm a huge fan of the Vikings they can be a pretty **** poor quality football team. They have had some of the greatest players in centuries but they never maximized their potentials. Do you think this is in part because they are repressing their basic urges as you call them to make themselves the needed to be under dog feeling? Or do you think its something slightly different? I'm just wondering.

On to your misguided conception of repression vs cowardice theology. Let us take your examples at a face value that is more determinate then you have shaded the gray so far.

Cowardice -- noun lack of courage to face danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.
    Origin:

I love extreme thinking - you take someone's argument that you shouldn't apply cowardice to everyone and giving examples of how repressing isn't necessarily cowardice, then apply it to mean they think ALL forms of holding back is repression instead of cowardice to prove your half-witted point again.

I could see this is an all-or-nothing argument you are making. I will clarify that my previous post was to show you that not all forms of holding back are a form of cowardice - I didn't think I needed to specify that some acts are cowardice.

Thanks for the definition of cowardice by the way and the history lesson. I didn't know you were so apt in Viking history.

Oh and in case you were worried I was gone to take my time thinking of new comebacks - I was enjoying an episode of star trek voyager. I tend to watch one and read posts in between as this is a nice day for me to relax. On the last season finally!

Please don't get too upset if I have dinner which will be soon. It's a nice steak with a beautiful mushroom sauce I found on recipezaar and I will want to slowly enjoy it thoroughly.

Edited grammar mistake
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Everyone wrote:
    QQ

Wow...

You guys take this game waaaaaaay too seriously. To me, you're all pixels and NPCs. Stop trying to dictate how we play.

Don't like it? Take us off the map next week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • sekmetstouch
    sekmetstouch Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I love extreme thinking - you take someone's argument that you shouldn't apply cowardice to everyone and giving examples of how repressing isn't necessarily cowardice, then apply it to mean they think ALL forms of holding back is repression instead of cowardice to prove your half-witted point again.

I could see this is an all-or-nothing argument you are making. I will clarify that my previous post was to show you that not all forms of holding back are a form of cowardice - I didn't think I needed to specify that some acts are cowardice.

Thanks for the definition of cowardice by the way and the history lesson. I didn't know you were so apt in Viking history.

Oh and in case you were worried I was gone to take my time thinking of new comebacks - I was enjoying an episode of star trek voyager. I tend to watch one and read posts in between as this is a nice day for me to relax. On the last season finally!

Please don't get too upset if I have dinner which will be soon. It's a nice steak with a beautiful mushroom sauce I found on recipezaar and I will want to slowly enjoy it thoroughly.

Edited grammar mistake

Ahh a Star Trek Voyager fan. Then you should have learned much regarding moral values and hard choices that have to be made. You remind me of the Kazon in your attitude as well as Seska. You most certainly are no Janeway,nor Tuvok.

For those non Trek people what i'm saying is this guy likes mind games anad twisting others words around and cannot think of the consequences all the way thru with logic, displine nor rational.

He can only straight up attack or bend,twist and turn words to his will and make it seem like he has a valid point.

The sunglass thing a good example of hiding your true nature if you look at from a certain point of view. But, then it is still a twisting of perception, words or what ever. At least there are those who speak clearly and make their point.

Oh and by the way, the end episode is pretty good IF you understand Temperal mechanics- which I really doubt. Though it is nice to see how life affected Janeway when they did arrive home in the original timeline and how she came back to fix it so it was sooner to save some of her crew's lives and misery and of course destroy the Borg Queen once and for all. Oops did I just spoil the show for you? Oh well, you'll still be able to enjoy your dinner.
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You seem to apply cowardice to anyone who doesn't do everything at a whim due to thinking about the consequences. It seems pretty shortsighted because this assumes that thinking about the consequences is all about fear - it isn't.

Have you ever encountered very attractive women (or men) who drive your hormones insane? Have you resisted the urge to act on those hormones by not sexually assaulting them in any way? I hope that you don't consider those who resist do so purely out of cowardice due to the repercussions they could face from the law.

How about when you are in a face-to-face argument with someone who is greatly angering you over the argument enough that you want to assault him? Do you call those who resist doing so cowards and assume they only do so because they don't want assault charges?

What about a (really corny) situation such as if someone left a pie to cool by an open window and the smell of the pie seems extremely appetizing to you? Do you call those who don't steal the pie cowards?

Really these are all examples of repressing our basic instincts not because we are cowards (unless you think everyone is like me of whom you think have 'no empathy or compassion') but because we strive to show ourselves in the best form as possible (higher brain functions and all). Games like these where there are no consequences (no legal or reputation or necessary feeling of remorse [unless you choose to bring your real life self into it]) are excellent ways of interacting with others with your base instincts free to flex themselves a little.

So long as the other extreme doesn't happen (leaving the instincts in the game while enjoying life with your limiters on), I feel that this is a wonderful tool.

I defind your statement as perfect cowardice. I am not calling you a coward for not acting like a jerk in real life. I am calling you a coward because you will not act out in real life because of the consequences, but because reason you give for acting like a jerk in the game is because there are no real consequences. And the reason I say that you lack human compasion and empathy is because you stated the only reason you do not act out is because you fear retribution from those around you in real life. The reasons most people choose not to act like a jerk is not because of retribution, but because they do not want to cause physical pain or emotional pain to others. Nor do they wish to see others in pain. I recognize that the other players in this game are people with emotions. Acting like a jerk can cause others emotional pain. If that were not so, then this thread would not have even been started.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • dieseasily
    edited March 2009
    terminova wrote: »
    dieseasily, dougdread, and silenthand.

Give it a rest. It does not matter. None of it.

All you have managed to do is insult, badger, flame and troll each other to no end.

I too am having fun with this. I believe we are still on topic. This thread was started by a low level complaining about the poor treatment he/she is receiving from High level players. I am defending the low levels point of view. Dougdread is defending the high level player point of view.

What I find funny is that chances are I am a higher level then he is since I started the game a month earlier. OR This could just be our posting IDs.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • sekmetstouch
    edited March 2009
    dieseasily wrote: »
    I defind your statement as perfect cowardice. I am not calling you a coward for not acting like a jerk in real life. I am calling you a coward because you will not act out in real life because of the consequences, but because reason you give for acting like a jerk in the game is because there are no real consequences. And the reason I say that you lack human compasion and empathy is because you stated the only reason you do not act out is because you fear retribution from those around you in real life. The reasons most people choose not to act like a jerk is not because of retribution, but because they do not want to cause physical pain or emotional pain to others. Nor do they wish to see others in pain. I recognize that the other players in this game are people with emotions. Acting like a jerk can cause others emotional pain. If that were not so, then this thread would not have even been started.

For those who saw what I wrote before I apologize I Grabbed the wrong quote. My heartfelt apologies dieseasily. The former was meant for Dread not you.

i'll post my apology 2 times so all can see. again my apologies to you.
  • sekmetstouch
    edited March 2009

sorry Dies that I grabbed the wrong quote and it happened to be yours and for the statements made on the previous post which I edited out.
  • terminova
    terminova Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I too am having fun with this. I believe we are still on topic. This thread was started by a low level complaining about the poor treatment he/she is receiving from High level players. I am defending the low levels point of view. Dougdread is defending the high level player point of view.

What I find funny is that chances are I am a higher level then he is since I started the game a month earlier. OR This could just be our posting IDs.

Are you delusional or something?

What does calling someone a coward or implying cowardice have anything to do with the OP? What does the level of your character have to do with this thread? Does the level or class of your character actually mean anything right now?

Nothing you have said in this thread recently has anything to do with the OP.

Especially the level of your venomancer.
  • sekmetstouch
    edited March 2009
    Are you delusional or something?

What does calling someone a coward or implying cowardice have anything to do with the OP? What does the level of your character have to do with this thread? Does the level or class of your character actually mean anything right now?

Nothing you have said in this thread recently has anything to do with the OP.

Especially the level of your venomancer.

You just proved dieseasily point.

Read the name of the post and you'll see your mistake in your posting it's off topic. It's all about treatment of high levels vs low levels.

As for the RL treatment well think about it--who is playing the char? Oh that's right a RL person.

Yep, I'd say everyone's still right on topic with the OP.
  • dougdread
    edited March 2009

Ok this is going to be a hard post to decipher - please use paragraphs as it's barely readable.

Assuming I read all this correctly I can see you discovered a logic 'hole' in my argument that needs clarification. That hole is that after I have given examples of those who restrain themselves in situations who should not be cowards, then state that the fun in being a jerk in the game is lack of consequences. What I mean to clarify is the consequences here that hasn't been drilled down yet.

The consequences are more than just possible retribution from others but also from my own self - emotional guilt or self loathing that would result from succumbing to your basic instincts or dark pleasures. This includes the want to not hurt other people in real life.

But do remember that every one of us has a dark side of our own. The desires such as the situations I have shown in the post you responded to. We are good at controlling these urges but it's perfectly healthy to have options in releasing some of the built up repression. It is nice to find an environment where you can release your 'other' side and not get attached to the outcome.

It helps to assume that others take this game as seriously as I do, which is just messing around. I am doubtful that if you are frustrated with dying from PKs that you are slitting your wrists over it - you may quit is the worst outcome. As for others who, in reality, DO take this game more seriously - I would hope it can be agreed that they are the ones with a 'deeper real life psychological problem' than myself.

In real life I am always a polite individual who is active with friends like many of you. I am genuinely nice, have stable relationships, am intelligent in the Engineering profession, and respect others. However I am not above seeing how whiny the population has gotten now that they have more avenues to voice their opinion (internet).

I love the internet and the freedoms of information it grants but it's really a pain to see people who think because they climbed out of a womb and heard of constitutional rights that they are all special people who deserve something for nothing. Then complain that nature has forced competition between people for the limited resources we are offered. Quite frankly unless our technology arises to a level of Star Trek wonder (still watching Voyager episodes) where we can replicate matter, have practically inexhaustible power supplies, and can colonize planets, we will never really arise to the 'everybody is friends' society. It just isn't practical thinking, yet.

edit: fixed a minor mistake (at least I got paragraphs!)
  • terminova
    edited March 2009
    You just proved dieseasily point.

Read the name of the post and you'll see your mistake in your posting it's off topic. It's all about treatment of high levels vs low levels.

As for the RL treatment well think about it--who is playing the char? Oh that's right a RL person.

Yep, I'd say everyone's still right on topic with the OP.

Since when was this thread supposed to be posters making personal attacks against other posters?
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    wraithxxx wrote: »
    It's a game, go talk about respect with your parents. In a game, the better player wins. Suggesting that the higher levels let the lower levels have a turn is like saying, "Oh you always win, would you mind letting me win once?" The idea is stupid.
    I wasn't aware that "beating" other players in the PvE aspect of the game was "winning". Unlike you, I think the vast majority of players consider "having fun" to be "winning" the game. Which is where the whole problem with this comes about - Torm's fun came at the expense of a lot of other people's fun, creating a cumulative net negative playing experience for all players involved (positive for Torm, negative for everyone in line).

But like I already said, the game mechanics aren't there to prevent this sort of behavior. Just ignore it. Report it to the GMs if you like, but leave and come back another day. It'll cause you less aggravation that way.
    You guys take this game waaaaaaay too seriously. To me, you're all pixels and NPCs. Stop trying to dictate how we play.
    If all it is to you is a game and all the other players are just NPCs and pixels on the screen to you, then you should quit MMORPGs and play single player games instead.

If you want to interact with real people through the game, then you play multiplayer games. You treat the characters you meet in the game as real people, not as pixels on the screen, because they are real people.

The truth is people with the sorts of attitude quoted above want to treat other people badly. If they're doing it to NPCs or in a single-player game, it's not as satisfying to them because they know the computer doesn't care. They want the target of their mischief to care. So they come to multiplayer games to do it. And when someone complains about them, they pretend that they feel it's just a game and it doesn't matter to them that there are other players. If they truly believed that, they'd just quit and play single-player games so they wouldn't have to deal with the drama that their actions cause. The reality is they need the other people because they revel in the reactions and drama they can cause. As long as they can provoke it from behind the cloak of anonymity.

Forum trolls also do the same thing. And as with them, your best response is to just ignore them. If you complain, make a scene, post about it all over these forums, etc, it enhances their enjoyment knowing that they've ticked you off that badly. It gives them a false sense of importance because, hey, these people are paying a lot of attention to me. Just ignore them, perhaps pity them, and move on. They're not worth wasting your time on.
  • dieseasily
    edited March 2009
    Ok this is going to be a hard post to decipher - please use paragraphs as it's barely readable.

Assuming I read all this correctly I can see you discovered a logic 'hole' in my argument that needs clarification. That hole is that after I have given examples of those who restrain themselves in situations who should not be cowards, then state that the fun in being a jerk in the game is lack of consequences. What I mean to clarify is the consequences here that hasn't been drilled down yet.

The consequences are more than just possible retribution from others but also from my own self - emotional guilt or self loathing that would result from succumbing to your basic instincts or dark pleasures. This includes the want to not hurt other people in real life.

But do remember that every one of us has a dark side of our own. The desires such as the situations I have shown in the post you responded to. We are good at controlling these urges but it's perfectly healthy to have options in releasing some of the built up repression. It is nice to find an environment where you can release your 'other' side and not get attached to the outcome.

It helps to assume that others take this game as seriously as I do, which is just messing around. I am doubtful that if you are frustrated with dying from PKs that you are slitting your wrists over it - you may quit is the worst outcome. As for others who, in reality, DO take this game more seriously - I would hope it can be agreed that they are the ones with a 'deeper real life psychological problem' than myself.

In real life I am always a polite individual who is active with friends like many of you. I am genuinely nice, have stable relationships, am intelligent in the Engineering profession, and respect others. However I am not above seeing how whiny the population has gotten now that they have more avenues to voice their opinion (internet).

I love the internet and the freedoms of information it grants but it's really a pain to see people who think because they climbed out of a womb and heard of constitutional rights that they are all special people who deserve something for nothing. Then complain that nature has forced competition between people for the limited resources we are offered. Quite frankly unless our technology arises to a level of Star Trek wonder (still watching Voyager episodes) where we can replicate matter, have practically inexhaustible power supplies, and can colonize planets, we will never really arise to the 'everybody is friends' society. It just isn't practical thinking, yet.

edit: fixed a minor mistake (at least I got paragraphs!)

Now your just getting nit picky. Attacking my 1 paragraph for being to long. Geeze man, the longest published single english sentence was about 3,000,000 words in Marienbad My Love. Compare my paragraph to that.

Back on topic though.

I recognize the need to act out ones darkside. But I go out to the local lazer tag arena during the winter months, and to the local paint ball fields during summer months. Much more fun as I get to look the person I am "killing" in the eye as I am splattering them with paint, or setting off their lights and shutting them down. But in my situation they are trying to do the same to me. The way you are doing it, the people you are doing this too are not trying to do the same to you.

I will agree though that anyone who takes this to seriously, the ones who may actually cry in real life when they someone like you comes along, they do have other issues that need to be adressed by a liscensed professional.
  • dieseasily
    edited March 2009
    Since when was this thread supposed to be posters making personal attacks against other posters?

I did not realize that I was attacking dougdread with personal insults. Im sorry Doug if you feel I was "attacking" or "insulting" you as terminova puts it. I thought I was just conveying my opinion of your comments and how they could reflect on you.
    b:chuckle
  • terminova
    edited March 2009
    I did not realize that I was attacking dougdread with personal insults. Im sorry Doug if you feel I was "attacking" or "insulting" you as terminova puts it. I thought I was just conveying my opinion of your comments and how they could reflect on you.
    dieseasily wrote:
    ...I am calling you a coward...

I do believe you started the insulting in post #99. Whether or not dougdread himself is not the point. The simple fact is, that somewhere in your pointlessly empty posts you did.
  • dougdread
    edited March 2009
    Now your just getting nit picky. Attacking my 1 paragraph for being to long. Geeze man, the longest published single english sentence was about 3,000,000 words in Marienbad My Love. Compare my paragraph to that.

Back on topic though.

I recognize the need to act out ones darkside. But I go out to the local lazer tag arena during the winter months, and to the local paint ball fields during summer months. Much more fun as I get to look the person I am "killing" in the eye as I am splattering them with paint, or setting off their lights and shutting them down. But in my situation they are trying to do the same to me. The way you are doing it, the people you are doing this too are not trying to do the same to you.

I will agree though that anyone who takes this to seriously, the ones who may actually cry in real life when they someone like you comes along, they do have other issues that need to be adressed by a liscensed professional.

It's not so much the length of the paragraph - they can be long no problem. It's the content that doesn't flow so well inside the paragraph and the sentences that are hard to read. You are doing much better this time.

As for lazer tag being your release - excellent! It is very fun indeed. However I see it as something that is fun from a purely competition standpoint - I really get no sick pleasure from shooting people with laser rifles. Maybe paintball would change that.

But competition is only one area of human nature AND is something that is commonly applied to everyday anyway - it isn't taboo to be competitive, therefore it really isn't part of our defined 'dark side'.

Dominating the unwilling however is something that PWI is an excellent environment for. For those who do this in real life have done so in a variety of ways - ****, murder are common thoughts but it can be more complex. For example people who have gained power and fortune use that to harass others such as an employer who pisses on employees routinely (just barely within legal limits for the sake of argument) just because he can. Or maybe there's a group of guys who are out drinking and decide to kick the **** out of a smaller group of unsuspecting people. Heck why don't we see some of the **** that Jackass has done inspiring many **** wannabes (cause it's funny to **** in the hardware store toilet, though it's ruthlessly mean to do to someone).

This is extremely horrible behavior that is accomplished by even the most virtuous individuals on a daily basis. Everyone has the potential to be this sort of **** once in a while - I am sure you can think of times where you were no exception.

Now to gather a bunch of friends and pwn some newbs in a video game may look like a loserish thing to do (it is surely) and may be being dickish, but I would rather **** a few people off over nothing like in PWI than release my dickness at a party and make everyone I know despise me. Heck I would prefer if others around me did the same.

The best thing is to all those newbs who I have upset, I can meet them one day and have an awesome time with them and not be the wiser we are enemies in an online game. Who knows, the next newb I kill could be my real life boss! Least I **** him off in game than be a **** to him at a party or something.

And remember, I am not saying we don't have the capacity to control ourselves outside of the game. I am just saying its fun to release myself here and be less prone to slipping up in the real world where it counts.
  • dougdread
    edited March 2009

If you were it doesn't bother me at all. I believe I would be very hypocritical to get upset on a forum when I am arguing to not care about ingame actions.

I am having fun on the forum, just as I do in the game.
  • sekmetstouch
    edited March 2009

I believe I merely asked you to read the topic again and stated a few facts.

If you considered that an "attack" on posters then my apologies. I did not realize how sensitive you were in seeing facts written out and no harsh words spoken/written to you. Nor how seeing your own posts being quoted could be so hurtful.

My apologies again for having to show your own post in a quote but it could not be helped as you were asking the question and I only wish to be clear I am apologizing to you for what you percieved as an "attack" on you.

Oh and I do have to agree with dieseasily in regards to the opinion/comment issue and how things may reflect on an indivdual when they say,do, and/or post something.

Not putting words in dieseasily mouth, but if opinions/comments cannot be shared then why do we even have them or the curiousity to even ask the question and give the best possible answer knowing we could be ridiculed,ignored,and/or even insulted by the answer. The Standard of the IDIC remains but by no way means there are those who follow it, nor see the reasoning behind it. (yes Doug before you say anything another Star Trek reference and Star Trek is a T.V. show. Doesn't mean some principles shouldn't apply in this particular case.)
  • dougdread
    edited March 2009
    I believe I merely asked you to read the topic again and stated a few facts.

If you considered that an "attack" on posters then my apologies. I did not realize how sensitive you were in seeing facts written out and no harsh words spoken/written to you. Nor how seeing your own posts being quoted could be so hurtful.

My apologies again for having to show your own post in a quote but it could not be helped as you were asking the question and I only wish to be clear I am apologizing to you for what you percieved as an "attack" on you.

Oh and I do have to agree with dieseasily in regards to the opinion/comment issue and how things may reflect on an indivdual when they say,do, and/or post something.

Not putting words in dieseasily mouth, but if opinions/comments cannot be shared then why do we even have them or the curiousity to even ask the question and give the best possible answer knowing we could be ridiculed,ignored,and/or even insulted by the answer. The Standard of the IDIC remains but by no way means there are those who follow it, nor see the reasoning behind it. (yes Doug before you say anything another Star Trek reference and Star Trek is a T.V. show. Doesn't mean some principles shouldn't apply in this particular case.)

Heh I actually had to do a google search to figure out what IDIC was. Heard the quote, but didn't recognize the abbreviation.

I am a little confused about this being directed to me since it seems to be going to a different tangent altogether. Since you directed to me with your last paragraph I feel that I am being targeted for an argument on something I think is different from what I was arguing with the others.

To give it a whirl, I think you are equating opinion/comments to actions and deeds and are saying I shouldn't be afraid to expose my other side to the real world due to it being 'different'. I don't have a problem with differing comments or opinions and I also never have problems speaking my mind with others. But this is about regulating my 'basic instinct' side in the real world and enjoy releasing my basic aggressiveness in PWI (you know the poor nerdy kid who never gets a chance to bully in high school so in order to control his rage and shooting up a school he plays some PWI and harasses a poor newbie). This argument is to explain my stance on why people be dicks in a game like PWI and why I condone it.

But as I type this I still get the feeling I still don't grasp exactly what you are saying.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Ignorance is, in this case, PURE bliss b:chuckle
    Even when 5000 year old cultures ultimately came to their end, I dont know what gives a faction less than 1year old this confidence lol.
    Hope they dont hire pple like this for a meeting spokesperson b:shutup

Well damn you're preaching to the wrong person cus see Im Chinese so Im not used to 5000 year old cultures dying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well damn you're preaching to the wrong person cus see Im Chinese so Im not used to 5000 year old cultures dying.

b:laughb:laugh

That is Priceless Hisui. I take my hat off to you! *bows with respect*

~S
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    lolz... thats SO shame...are you serious?
    Dont you even know the peak years considered of your own culture?
    no wonder thers slums out there... too much games and no education.
    Hope you guys at least stopped the rice bowl haircut lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • sekmetstouch
    edited March 2009
    Heh I actually had to do a google search to figure out what IDIC was. Heard the quote, but didn't recognize the abbreviation.

I am a little confused about this being directed to me since it seems to be going to a different tangent altogether. Since you directed to me with your last paragraph I feel that I am being targeted for an argument on something I think is different from what I was arguing with the others.

To give it a whirl, I think you are equating opinion/comments to actions and deeds and are saying I shouldn't be afraid to expose my other side to the real world due to it being 'different'. I don't have a problem with differing comments or opinions and I also never have problems speaking my mind with others. But this is about regulating my 'basic instinct' side in the real world and enjoy releasing my basic aggressiveness in PWI (you know the poor nerdy kid who never gets a chance to bully in high school so in order to control his rage and shooting up a school he plays some PWI and harasses a poor newbie). This argument is to explain my stance on why people be dicks in a game like PWI and why I condone it.

But as I type this I still get the feeling I still don't grasp exactly what you are saying.

No, I wasn't targeting you for an attack Doug. I just wanted to make it clear that I'm not like a lot of other Star Trek fans out there.( You know what I mean). I just happen to think the IDIC could apply in some cases in game, on forums, and in real life. Alas, I know it isn't and sometimes can't be.

As for what you mentioned in regard to the aggression better in a game then real life..well you are correct on part of that. I personally perfer to see it taken out on monsters then chars. Because really if they get ticked off at a char who's to say that they won't try to find that person in RL and go take it out on them in RL (it happened to someone I knew on another game.) or do as you said regarding the school incident or even some random individual, because for some reason the game isn't enough.

I hear/read too many times in the normal chat that these high levels are bored and there is always 1 or 2 who suggest going after the lowbies/noobs just for fun. With of course the, yea let's do it. I have seen some high levels state no and say boring as well. So, there are the good high levels and the bad high levels. Just seems more of the higher levels are of the bad sort recently.
  • Mimiiru - Sanctuary
    Mimiiru - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hmm ... first post and it's after 20 minutes of reading this. All I can do is laugh at certain people on a PVE server calling something on a PVE server carebear. I just find that funny.

And obviously I play on a PVE server.
  • Elvenhawk - Heavens Tear
    Elvenhawk - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Can somebody please call me a noob? I'm curious to see how much this dreaded word hurts.

Wait, lemme go buy some GAs, and put on some protective gear.

Ok, go, shoot with all ya got. b:chuckle

XAsch i was being sarcastic it doesnt bother me to call me a noob i think its quite silly when ppl ake offense to being called that. OH YOUR A NOOB LOL
  • BearArm - Sanctuary
    BearArm - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well it simply seems like some youngsters live their each day as it would be their last. Considering where some of these people are from that attitude may have some foundations.

Kind of sad actually but when you live in a place where people are laid off from work in thousands and your parents (correction: - parent) may loose the job as well as means to pay for the net or mortgage. it may be possible that the player will not be on next month.

or if one lives in a place where people drive like maniacs and fastening seatbelt would be "wuss" thing to do though most cars are from germany and therefore usually lifesavers if the belt is on.

or when one lives in country where crime rate is high and most of crimes are drinking related. so you never know can you get home in one piece even if you're in car because people drive drunk.

Or when one lives in country where all of these problems exist at the same time. Should I be really mad if s/he simply takes the most common attitudes s/he sees every day to the internet into the gameplay? Why does one have to be better that reality around him/her?

Well anyway this thread made good reading to get the day towards the evening. and I just added another few dozen seconds to it