Thank you for killing the new servers!

Seckskitten - Harshlands
Seckskitten - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Really, thank you so much.
Some guy went from about 30th rank to 4th today without moving from the same spot.
Post edited by Seckskitten - Harshlands on

Comments

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    And he also paid lots of money to do it while you sat there playing the game for free. Sounds fair to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Seckskitten - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    And he also paid lots of money to do it while you sat there playing the game for free. Sounds fair to me.

So you support the concept of "rich people are better at video games"?
    Cool.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So you support the concept of "rich people are better at video games"?
    Cool.
    Naw he supports the concept that rich people keep the free to play games running by being rich and buying things a lot. Or is that too hard a concept for you to grasp?

~S
    edited March 2009
    Naw he supports the concept that rich people keep the free to play games running by being rich and buying things a lot. Or is that too hard a concept for you to grasp?

~S

Doesn't mean they should automatically get lvl 65+

Think I can offer them $100 for a brand new lvl 65 character? Basically the same thing.

I'm talking about how they put it out a week after the server is open. Everyone works their asses off, and then this event comes. Everyone just throws money out and they catch up without doing anything.

If you can't understand that, leave.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Doesn't mean they should automatically get lvl 65+

Think I can offer them $100 for a brand new lvl 65 character? Basically the same thing.

I'm talking about how they put it out a week after the server is open. Everyone works their asses off, and then this event comes. Everyone just throws money out and they catch up without doing anything.

If you can't understand that, leave.
    I've spent well over $1500.00 in this game in just the few short months i've played it. This helps to keep the game running. The concept your failing to grasp here is this... MONEY is what this game is REALLY about, i.e. THEM getting MY money every way they can think of. If that means an event that helps people level fast and fat.. guess what.. they throw it. And guess what.. people like me profit from it and people like you QQ over it. Makes me laugh.

When you grow a few hairs between your legs you might understand this concept.. till then QQ all ya want, you make me laugh.

~S
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Look, money doesn't come from thin air. If he had a lot of money to spend on the game, that means he was out making money WHILE you were HERE grinding. He still had to work for it. Do you know how much work it takes to make 1K USD, which seems to be a number you just pulled out of your ****?

Of course he could also be a spoiled kid with rich parents, in which case I'd have to concede that QQ life isn't fair.

And FYI, I don't think rich people are better at games and neither do I think the rankings are the only factors determining how good of a player you are. A rank is a number. It's cool to have, and if you have it, good for you. But I know plenty of people on my server who are excellent players and don't have their names on HT's rankings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    edited March 2009
    I've spent well over $1500.00 in this game in just the few short months i've played it. This helps to keep the game running. The concept your failing to grasp here is this... MONEY is what this game is REALLY about, i.e. THEM getting MY money every way they can think of. If that means an event that helps people level fast and fat.. guess what.. they throw it. And guess what.. people like me profit from it and people like you QQ over it. Makes me laugh.

When you grow a few hairs between your legs you might understand this concept.. till then QQ all ya want, you make me laugh.

~S
    Yes, I know all they care about is money. I'm not talking about their perspective. Thanks for stating the obvious though.

And no, I could very much throw money at the game or buy dolls with my coins. I'd rather not.
    edited March 2009
    Look, money doesn't come from thin air. If he had a lot of money to spend on the game, that means he was out making money WHILE you were HERE grinding. He still had to work for it. Do you know how much work it takes to make 1K USD, which seems to be a number you just pulled out of your ****?

Of course he could also be a spoiled kid with rich parents, in which case I'd have to concede that QQ life isn't fair.

Unless you're from one of the new servers, your opinion isn't valid.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009

I currently have characters on both new servers. My opinion is valid. I think your just spewing out sour grapes because you didn't spend money on a free 2 play game like the guy your talking about did and feel **** burned about it.

Truth is, guys like him and me support the game so you can keep playing for free. You should be greatful we do spend our hard earned cash in this game... because if we didn't.. it would NOT be here for you to play.

Simple truth of the world for you... people with money ALWAYS have more of everything than those who don't have it. In Free 2 Play games, people with money ALWAYS are better off in equipment and pretty much everything else, than those who don't have it.

In this case, someone with money, spent a good bit of cash and got themselves some levels. They PAID to get ahead. Thats the way the game runs.

~S
    edited March 2009
    I currently have characters on both new servers. My opinion is valid. I think your just spewing out sour grapes because you didn't spend money on a free 2 play game like the guy your talking about did and feel **** burned about it.

Truth is, guys like him and me support the game so you can keep playing for free. You should be greatful we do spend our hard earned cash in this game... because if we didn't.. it would NOT be here for you to play.

Simple truth of the world for you... people with money ALWAYS have more of everything than those who don't have it. In Free 2 Play games, people with money ALWAYS are better off in equipment and pretty much everything else, than those who don't have it.

In this case, someone with money, spent a good bit of coin and got themselves some levels. They PAID to get ahead. Thats the way the game runs.

~S

Why would I be grateful? If it wasn't this game, I'd just play another. But yes, you support the game. I understand that, I respect it.

What I don't respect is that they give you events that are... a little TOO kind.
  • beautifulthess
    beautifulthess Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    yea Sechskitten have right....ppl who spend lot money in game, will be in 1 week lvl 100, and just farming oracle bosses CONGRATZ!!!!
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Why would I be grateful? If it wasn't this game, I'd just play another. But yes, you support the game. I understand that, I respect it.

What I don't respect is that they give you events that are... a little TOO kind.
    ok, on that I do agree with you. It wasn't exactly what I would consider to be the right thing to do either. It is a bit 'too' kind. That is why I haven't bothered to do the event myself. I actually prefer to work for my levels rather than have them handed out to me for paying cash.

But... the point is, this game is driven by Money. They are going to find every possible way to get it, and you do have to admit, this 'even' was a brilliant way to do it.

~S
    edited March 2009
    ok, on that I do agree with you. It wasn't exactly what I would consider to be the right thing to do either. It is a bit 'too' kind. That is why I haven't bothered to do the event myself. I actually prefer to work for my levels rather than have them handed out to me for paying cash.

But... the point is, this game is driven by Money. They are going to find every possible way to get it, and you do have to admit, this 'even' was a brilliant way to do it.

~S

Judging by this post, we've been on the same page the whole time.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009

If you're gonna be cheeky with me, I am FROM the old servers, and I PLAY the new servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Judging by this post, we've been on the same page the whole time.
    lol yeah but we got off on the wrong foot.

~S
    edited March 2009
    If you're gonna be cheeky with me, I am FROM the old servers, and I PLAY the new servers.

Not cheeky, just truth. And you're on this forum a current player "from" the new servers.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    That's all nice and warm and fuzzy but telling people their opinion isn't valid doesn't strike me as the most mature and intelligent way to make a point.

Additionally, you had no right to make any claims on which servers I play. What if I stay on this account simply because I like the shiney level and post number already associated with my name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If you cannot to bear with the fact that players who invest money in the game will overall generally have better equipment, level faster, will have an advantage over those who don't, then I suggest you leave free to play games with cash shop and go play pay to play games, where everyone is on the same stand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
    edited March 2009
    If you cannot to bear with the fact that players who invest money in the game will overall generally have better equipment, level faster, will have an advantage over those who don't, then I suggest you leave free to play games with cash shop and go play pay to play games, where everyone is on the same stand.

Yet again, not talking about players. Talking about the event.
    edited March 2009
    Yet again, not talking about players. Talking about the event.

Ebent or no event, the result would be the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2009
    Ebent or no event, the result would be the same.

The basic result yes, but not to this degree.
    edited March 2009
    The basic result yes, but not to this degree.

Why not?

Someone with the money can level faster than anyone else, with or without the event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2009
    Why not?

Someone with the money can level faster than anyone else, with or without the event.

Is that so? The highest level before the event didn't spend a dime. Still using crystalline magmite.

And you still don't get what I'm saying.
  • Getmoneyson - Harshlands
    Getmoneyson - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    yea Sechskitten have right....ppl who spend lot money in game, will be in 1 week lvl 100, and just farming oracle bosses CONGRATZ!!!!

and just how much do you think this would take? maybe i wanna do it to... seriously lvl 100 off this quest of little exp.... have you ever been over lvl 30? do you know how much exp from lvl 61-62 let alone 90+.
  • Paganpriest - Heavens Tear
    Paganpriest - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well to me it don`t matter if they spend money or not it does not ruin my enjoyment of the game.
    This game is free ipso facto,if people want to spend their money on this game then thats up to them,if they want to rush ahead and lose or not see much of anything in the game to get to a higher lvl then so be it,who am i or anyone else for that matter to tell them how to spend thier money.
    Come on people this is not a way of life it is a game and should be treated as such,just plya the game and dont worry about what outher people are doing
    as long as one enjoys the game then what does it matter,i for one plan to spend
  • Katryn - Heavens Tear
    Katryn - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    xp=/= experiance. Just because someone buys off their levels, doesn't automaticaly mean they know how to play at that lvl too. I don't know about you.. but I'd rather have around a lvl 40 who knows how to play their lvl 40 character... than a lvl 80 who's a total noob and doesn't know his character past what he knew at lvl 10. Buying off xp only hurts themselves in the end. I've seen this too with people who buy accounts, and start trying to play that lvl 90 of a class they've never played before.

IMHO, you can buy XP, but you can't buy experiance.

(And yes, I have a character on new server too.)
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The only things I see with this events are is that Beautiful shards are dropping to half or a quarter of their actual price, oracles are cheap as heck, scarlet fruits are down to a price where those who have a use for them can actually afford them, and guardian angels cost around 50k each now.

To those who whine: This is one of the VERY FEW games where you can have the EXACT same priviledges as the gold-buyers, because you can buy gold with IN-game coin. YOU can get guardian angels, too, if you'd pulled your head out of your navel and start using that empty vacuum between your ears. If you can't figure out how to use the Gold Auction, then find a catshop! I see literally dozen of catshops around Jolly Old Jones, selling nothing but guardian angels.

I collect shards. I have for a long time. My wish has been to get an Immaculate shard at some point. What happens? This sweet, sweet event comes by, and gives me a ton of experience books, BEAUTIFUL shards and scarlet fruits which I can sell for a literal fortune as soon as the event ends. Do I scream and cry because I paid 200k for a Beautiful shard the day before this event started? No, because I've not only earned that thrice over, I've ALSO earned a lot more than I shelled out to get dolls in the first place.

So, please, stop whining and wailing like spoiled little children who don't get everything you point at. Those of us who buy gold with actual money are those who pay for the bandwidth YOUR character uses, and the room that YOUR character fills, and probably also the gold that will be used to buy YOUR fancy aerogear, YOUR mount and YOUR black clothes.
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    and i don't get it. people with money will lvl faster always, with tp stone, estorcia, hp charms, guardian angels, higher refinement equipment etc.

the moment you spend money you have a lot of ways to make your char lvl faster then people. it's just the rule of the game. the only difference with this event is how much faster. i seriously don't think it's something you can complain about as to you can also spend that amount of money and have gain the same amount of exp. but if you won't don't whine about it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    As I will post in every other thread:

PWI is a business, out to make money, so its in their interests to get people to buy from the cash shop. Keep that in mind and stop whining, go grind, that's free.

OH, and btw, I haven't spent more than $100 on all of my characters, and none of that before level 50, so it's possible, just takes a little time and effort. OH pardon me, you whiney kids don't know what effort IS, do you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • devildee
    devildee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    xp=/= experiance. Just because someone buys off their levels, doesn't automaticaly mean they know how to play at that lvl too. I don't know about you.. but I'd rather have around a lvl 40 who knows how to play their lvl 40 character... than a lvl 80 who's a total noob and doesn't know his character past what he knew at lvl 10. Buying off xp only hurts themselves in the end. I've seen this too with people who buy accounts, and start trying to play that lvl 90 of a class they've never played before.

IMHO, you can buy XP, but you can't buy experiance.

(And yes, I have a character on new server too.)

Alot of them came from other servers though lol. And the ones that are new can learn I'm sure. =/
This discussion has been closed.