Another cleric complaint

Options

Comments

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    clerics are not slow. i'd have to say, next to every class, the only class that can out-solo a cleric is a veno.
  • Advent_fox - Sanctuary
    Advent_fox - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    clerics are not slow. i'd have to say, next to every class, the only class that can out-solo a cleric is a veno.

there meaning running speed hun b:chuckle
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    there meaning running speed hun b:chuckle

+.3 speed boots, +.2 sleeves ftw?
  • Taetee - Heavens Tear
    Taetee - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Actually cleric damage and veno spell damage is quite close to each other.
    veno spells are very mana effecient.
    cleric is 140's per cast thats only on plume shoot and cyclone.
    other spells cost a lot more

What really surprise is that the ONLY class that can heal and keep people alive.
    have such poor mana efficience on their healing spell. 224 mana per cast on ironheart. that is a lot cause you need to keep spaming it. spell only last 15 secs.
    Either they increase that spell duration to like 25 sec or reduce the mana cost.
  • AnimeQT - Lost City
    AnimeQT - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Only problem i have is the mana because i do agree my charm goes down so fast even the gold >.< but everything else i see no problem, drop's you just have to be in the right group, dont go into groups where their known as non shares, as for buffs its sorta expected clerics are the support class of healing and buffs so you cant really complain about that, and about being slow just started running straight after you killed the boss as long as you know where your going ^^ plus if they dont wait for you to catch up before going into a mob or boss and die its your fault, it aint ours that our class are slow
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    wanted to change that- dex doesnt increase speed after i did some testing. for some reason my BM dex went from 4.8 to 5 at lvl 5. game glitch i guess

2nd: i find it really offensive when you say you cant find a squad. I play a wiz and been playing for a week and only had 1 squad. So i have to solo all my quests. Everyone wants a cleric especially at lvl 19 when the can ress. So usually its the cleric that get the squad then BM, barb, veno and everyone leaves the wiz alone.

No one puts wiz as a solo class. We have to solo basically until lvl 60 when those same people that ignored us earlier wants us to do some very incredible spell or whatever.

as for your mana you just gotta deal with it. if you really want to use cleric then you shouldnt have any problem just hold you head up and keep on goingb:victory but you can try to add more mag. the reason wiz doesnt run out of mana is cause we use a pure build and just raise mag and str for armor/wpns at your level it shouldnt be too much of a loss

i dont believe in charging for heals and ress...
    its like a BM charging to cut something or a barb charging to tank you dont charge for something your character is made to do. also dont wanna tick people off cause a wiz heal heal them to FULL health which is more efficent than spamming ironheart as people say.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • tempusio
    tempusio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ok, small jumping in post....
    hi all...
    As l70 cleric I picked few points...
    - If anyone asking for BB with charm, then I request same, HP charms on all...I am not selfish, but... get a life...
    - Any1 whining about heals, then, next action, he/she is out of them... Mostly ppl ignore tactic, and rush before time, then scream...HEALLLL.... healing stopped... go play cleric...!!!
    - Money is actually no subject... Use it wisely, fashion is nice, not life saving....
    - Skills..... Only upgrade important ones...
    - Res only nice ppl... I will not go for: "Res, coords are..." yeah, right...
    - Explain to ppl in pt, boss time, that your primary objective is one person: tank... Crazy stunts are.... crazy....
    - When is ultimate panic, advance in "opposite direction"... Good players will cover clerics while moving out, so keep your Rez maxed..
    - And mostly, find a good fraction, and keep friends close...
    Then U will enjoy top of the game... PWI rockz
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    tempusio you are, correct, correct correct, correct and correct again.

when I see people spam "HELP!!!!!!! I DIED 456 235 REZ PLZ!!!!!!!!" I ignore it

when I go TT or something I will do BB using my own charm but if someone wants help and they need BB be decent.. give pots or something BB is very charm draining
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Eorween - Heavens Tear
    Eorween - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    if some people asking for help and say you have to us BB.
    see which boss fight it is. ask them for charm for your mana.

bronze or silver whatever.
    its nice that some people willing to help but some just
    have their own game and demand certain things..

consideration is the key for been a cleric, but most player see you just another player.
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    why are people so poor? i have 4m rolling around in my bank, 1m in my inv. i wont even estimate items cost, more skills that some level 90s, a maxed inventory -almost maxed bank-, a helmsly coat, swim trunks, flip flops, and i buy a gold hp charm every time mine decides to run out(usually after mass pk, mobs rarely tick my charm. luckily it's there, saves me life).

i think you all waste your coin on something but never work for it back. or you're just so incredibly unlucky that you can't pay your repair bill.

i agree forp....all u gotta do is mine.....as a cleric i know that its hard to skill and hard to keep mana, but ive been inventive...using gold charms will pay for itself in the long run, and while it is on u can feel free to stock all ur needed magic remedies. Doing a 2-3 hour mine run can earn u an easy 450K, and even tho im a cleric i solo constantly on quests--which = more drops and exp and coin for ME (iron heart allows u to solo). and once u ave hit 64+, a cleric should have their buffs rez and other priority spells maxed, which will leave you with more money to play with.EVERY class can make money, but all classes have a different way
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i definitely agree with several things that were said here.

especially the slow speed of the cleric, and not getting drops. i've stopped doing random distribution squads, and while in a squad i'll kill mobs so i can get the drops (free dist) and jus keepa eye on the squads health. if someone needs a heal i finish the mob i'm on and throw some iornheart on 'em. rebuff when needed. if someone gets killed, its their fault cause they kept on going when they should have stopped for a moment to allow me to finish the mob or to reach them to heal them. (i've seen ppl that think "oo goody a cleric i can just run around and kill stuff like a madman and not look at my HP at all cause he'll be there to fill it back up)

there are those of us who play cleric class that like to kill mob too, and have the ability to heal others. just cause we're clerics dont mean every time we're just going to play a support role (its boring as ____)

the above mentioned, is of course, during normal questing and not in FB or other dungeon (and keep in mind i'm also jus lv22)

but on topic, i havent used the first MP charm yet, and just comparing the two kinds of charms, i was like 75% wtf? lol. the MP charms should tick at 50% or less, not 75%. and +1 on clerics not getting much drops at all in random dist squads. i've got a 22 cleric and 24 archer and it seems like my archer always gets more drops than the cleric while in random squads, and in either case the whole squad was +/- 1 level of myself, and the mobs were +/- 1 or so levels of anyone in the squad.
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ok so i have a 79 cleric

i also noticed that clerics their droprate s*cks
    we almost get nothing, we ned to pay our pots(lots of them) our armor
    so we almost have nothing left of it

i understand that clerics aren't supposed to be killing ppl but healing zo our mp rec rate doesn't decrease but still if i'm only healing the mp rec rate can't keep up

i would say give us clerics an mp rec skill !
    why the hell do veno's have mp rec skill?
    wiz ok they get mp rec skill and mp %increased

but i really don't get it why veno's get that skill ?
    also a puri for veno's pet would be nice

clerics are nice but they need to fix ppl's droprate
    they need to fix the aoe/squad magic def buff ! sometimes it doesn't buff at all :s

and mp rec skill wouldn't hurt o_O
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Grip - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I get the complaint about running speed, but if your in a good (smart) party they will wait for you.

Mp consumption, I kinda agree with... But only when I solo. In a party I usually can keep my mp up, just double spark when you got the chi. Not only do you get mp, but your wellspring is crazy strong for 15 seconds.

Money issues? Grind from time to time, I make 100K plus from an hour of foxwings. Granted during this time I eat pots like mad, but I more than make some good coin after upkeep. Another way to make money.... PICK UP EVERYTHING! Arrows, bolts, shot. Anything and everything that gets dropped you pick up.

Again, grinding makes both money, exp and spirit.

I noticed the poor drop rates as well, it happens.

I agree with Inias, please fix the mag def buff.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I get the complaint about running speed, but if your in a good (smart) party they will wait for you.

And archers can help you run faster.
  • bebisita
    bebisita Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    To me it sounds like you've never played an online game before.
    That rant sounds like run-of-the-mill things that the healer classes in any game ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS (get it yet?) ALWAYS have to deal with.
    It's actually the first law of MMOs that all healers must be harassed for buffs and heals.
    The second is that healers will always be the "poorest" class unless the game is set up as such that they can sell their services, like in Ragnarok and Flyff.
  • DoctorHouse - Sanctuary
    DoctorHouse - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    At my level I havent experienced the many of the problems of the original post, but regarding the drops, I would not join a team that sets it for free for all, as tank/BM will end up getting all the goodies. just not fair to Wizzies, Archers, Venos and Clerics in the team if they are in it.

I have a veno, and yes, they are very easy to farm with, and cheap to "run", but they arent "too strong" I think they just well rounded solo class.
  • Imuretay - Heavens Tear
    Imuretay - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    tempusio you are, correct, correct correct, correct and correct again.

when I see people spam "HELP!!!!!!! I DIED 456 235 REZ PLZ!!!!!!!!" I ignore it

when I go TT or something I will do BB using my own charm but if someone wants help and they need BB be decent.. give pots or something BB is very charm draining

Quick question... what would you rather hear? Unfortunately, when I die, there's typically no one close enough to tell what class they are simply by looking. What's left other than sending out a general, "any clerics nearby who can spare a moment for a res?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I dont think that clerics are getting low drops ur just squadding with the wrong level.....
    when a server "sees" a mob getting killed it will calculate ur level compared to the mob level, so, if u have a higher lvl no matter if its just a couple levels higher then the mob, then the server will calculate drops and exp based on the table it uses.

Bottom line is, if u want more drops then u gotta solo more or make sure that all in the squad are lower or equal lvls with the mob being killed.

but for maximum drops or exp etc., u would need to kill 15+ lvls higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    one suggestion for you: uninstall plz
  • Kinoku - Sanctuary
    Kinoku - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    honestly guys your the cleric. . if you are getting shafted on drops ask your squad to even it out

if they don't your in a horrible squad. . people know the cleric keeps the rest of us alive, so i help them out whenever i can

I realize they are slower then the rest of us, so i slow down

everyone is always in such a rush. . as soon as our task is complete it's "thanx, goodbye"

honestly people, just slow down, give your cleric some respect, they pay soo much to keep us all alive

Honestly I think this says it all. In the squads I lead I make sure everyone understands what's going to happen.

If your cleric dies, or in incapable of proceding because of not enough chi, mana, or what ever reason it is; the party is pretty much at a stand still. Also I don't know about other cleric's but my friend meditates his mana back from 0 to full in about 2-3 mins. If the group proceeded without him we'd all be dead, what's more important runing in early and dieing or waiting 3 mins?

About drops I normally go in order of the following.
    1. Need, who truely needs the certain item.(I don't care if you need it to sell, sell something else)
    2. Who provided or incurred the most cost
    3. Cleric or barb normally gets an amount higher that's in fair consideration of the other players in the party. In a high lvl TT run, barbs can leave there with an easy 60k+ repair cost, and like wise clerics can walk out of there with 100k+ less on charm.
  • ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary
    ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    im never going to understand people's complaints about always being broke

yes we cost a little more to run here and there, but I am currently lvl 53 and have still never had to buy a mp or hp potion. . i get soo many from mob drops its crazy

im currently sitting on a little over 2 mil coin. . watch the market people, buy low sell high

and quit buying potions, its a money drain

also a mp charm here or there helps. . you can find people selling them for as low as 280k on sanctuary because of the event right now
  • rizzen
    rizzen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    My first character was a Cleric as well, he was during the Closed beta, and again after the char wipes and I found a solution to the Cleric problems. Battle Cleric, I spend lots of points in str and Hp, equipping light or heavy armor and the Magic sword and I fair quite well.
  • Kasiel - Lost City
    Kasiel - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    All the whiners just dont know how to play a cleric. I have no problem at all with anything, I use the event food, havent used a mp charm ever aside from TWs. Dont zhen at all, I can get 6% exp at lvl 77 from killing butterflies on exp scroll, even a little higher than 6%. That beats zhen and is a heck of a lot cheaper.

In TT you either divide equally at the end or call the items you need, just dont TT with *******s. I always have enough money and I dont even grind a lot, the only time i have no money is when i lvl from only fbs and dailies.
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    On SPEED PROBLEM:

Get +speed gear - problem solved (at least it did mine); unless your barb turns tiger & runs off, but then they can't complain about getting killed cause it's their fault.
  • Eorween - Heavens Tear
    Eorween - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Currently my cleric is high 60's and I use MP charm.
    I would say solo grinding, if I use up like 1/3 of my charm.
    I made at least 500k coins back + repair is already taken care of.
    What ever is left on the charm is free for me to use more solo grind for coin or make some dungeon runs.

Any of you have trouble doing simple thing as this and cant manage you issues with coins, it isnt the game its you.
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Currently my cleric is high 60's and I use MP charm.
    I would say solo grinding, if I use up like 1/3 of my charm.
    I made at least 500k coins back + repair is already taken care of.
    What ever is left on the charm is free for me to use more solo grind for coin or make some dungeon runs.

Any of you have trouble doing simple thing as this and cant manage you issues with coins, it isnt the game its you.

QFT it's so ****ing easy to make money in this game. For all you clerics whining about money and MP, get yourself an MP charm and grind it away. You'll get at least 700k+ back, more than enough to buy yourself a new one. I hope you guys know how to pick up DQ drops.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    you're level 60. the game doesn't get expensive at 60. i had a load of money early 70s, now i'm broke as hell all the time.
  • missqq
    edited May 2009
    Options
    you're level 60. the game doesn't get expensive at 60. i had a load of money early 70s, now i'm broke as hell all the time.

o qq. you obviously don't know what you're talking about.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    know what i'm talking about? i unloaded about 13m into my skills and i've put 7m into my armour thus far. i'm not done, either. all my coin is spent before i get it.

maybe it's u that doesn't know what they're talking about, eh? ever played a cleric? ever done things that require u to have a charm?

probably not.
  • missqq
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Maybe you just don't know how to make money. Im higher level than you and Im doing just fine. And yes, I use probably a charm a day, yet I can grind it all back with more money.