The Ultimate Whine Thread....

Options

Comments

• sotsf
    sotsf Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This isn't a kindling the fire post. Just wanted to say that your (Faustinna's) reply was a very educational read. I wouldn't mind having friendly debates with you on different topics b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    sotsf wrote: »
    This isn't a kindling the fire post. Just wanted to say that your (Faustinna's) reply was a very educational read. I wouldn't mind having friendly debates with you on different topics b:cute

Oh yes, he is obviously a very well educated person. Who makes some good points. I do think he's a tad full of himself. But thats what makes arguing with people like this fun, lol.

Seeing him say he was religious was telling. (Not that I have any trouble with that) It helps me understand a bit where he is coming from. And even though I disagree with some of what he speaks. I got a feeling in real life, he might be someone I could be friends with, and have epic debates with at the same time hehe.

But for now, I'm gonna go play the game and get off these forums. Plenty of time some other day for excellent debates. Have fun guys. That goes double for you Faust.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    And what made you the moral authority of humanity exactly? You sit there behind a computer and judge all of humanity yet what exactly are you doing thats so righteous? Playing a videogame and criticizing the way things are does not make you any better then the rest. The fact is you don't feel that passionately about any of what you're saying, because if you did you wouldn't be here you'd be out there doing something to make a difference.

Up until a little while ago people used to gather in town squares to watch public executions. The whole family would attend. It was concidered good wholesome family fun. Up until a little while ago black people were getting linched in america. It was concidered good wholesome family fun. Go to south africa, and the likes, today, and most villages concider **** to be a normal part of everyday life.

What defines morality is your upbringing and serroundings. You have very christian beliefs. Some poor villager born in a village that had a diamond mine, who's mother was **** and murdered, her father the same, then taken as a child to become a soldier for said rapists and murderous, is he an evil being? He will ****, he will murder, he will steal, but he is just a product of his environment. Like you are, like i am.

Point being, morality is all fine and good when your belly is full and you are not in constant fear for your life. If you want to judge a thief, you first have to be one. If you want to judge a murderer, try being one. It's really easy to sit on a high horse and judge everyone who doesn't live up to your standard, but what you don't realise is morality is a washcloth and nothing else. It is discarded once it has served its purpose.

Like i told you, on a good day if humanity tries really hard it can apsire to something less then pure evil. Your problem is you put humanity on a pedestal and then are sorely disapointed when they don't meet your standards. My point is, i take humanity for what it is, a multi-celled organism trying to survive, and at that basic level, i'm never disapointed or happily surprised.

Dont forget rome lasted for a thousand years, and for a good part of those years murder was concidered family fun. They threw christians to the lions, this is not a saying but actual fact. Less then 70years ago humans were hearded into concetration camps and either starved to death or put into gas chambers. We're talking over 40million people died during WWII alone.

And in the face of all this you want to tell someone "murder" and "violence" is not the norm? It's the only "norm" humanity has ever known. Might equals right. That's it and that's all. You either have or you don't. You're either rich or your poor. Morality is a bed time story you tell your children to shield them from the harsh realities of life. There is no morality in nature whatsoever, and as part of nature, there is no real morality in human beings. It's all religious propaganda.

I actually am religious, i actually believe like you that some things should be the norm. Not stealing, killing, ****. But unlike you, i fully realise these are just blind illusions when you understand that humans are just another form of ape. And the one truth i have realised in my life is those that have will have, and those that don't won't. Some of the wealthiest families in america alone all earned there wealth a few generations ago through criminal acts. The kenedies were bootleggers for christs sake. Drug peddlers of the drug of there day. Today one of the most respectable families in the US.

So please, leave morality at the door when you speak about reality. Now i know you'll come back with a post of your own detailing this and detailing that...you're bored at work and need something to do i know, but this discussion is over. Once you realise that the ideals you try to live by were invented by people who did not want competition, you'll realise how sobberingly black and white life really is.
    Which proves my point, 90% of humanity just needs to Die. We'd be better off if 100% of humanity died. I refuse to accept that "the norm" in any way shape or form is good at all. Nothing anyone can say will ever make me believe that humanities cesspool can't be better if we actually tried instead of taking the easy way out and allowing ourselves to fall into the greater evil.

And if you had bothered to actually read what I said, I lump myself into the same category with other humans, because I, like nearly everyone else, often takes the easy way out. Now.. as to my 'sitting here doing nothing' WRONG, I go out every day and do something to try and better Humanity. DAILY. I am part of a local organization trying to bring Maui into self sustainability in an environmentally friendly manner, I walk on the beach every day carrying a trash bag and clean up the beaches, I spend hours a day giving my time to, and the time of my company to, local charities.

I'm not perfect by far. But from where I sit, and from what I see. Humanity can do a lot more than they are, if people got off their asses and even volunteered just 1 hour a day of their time to help others, instead of only thinking about themselves.

So yeah, I might be up on a "moral high horse" and looking down on Humanity, but at the same time, I count myself a part of the problem, and try to be a part of the solution. Do you? I would hope so. Sadly MOST of humanity are only a part of the problem and sooo few are trying to be a part of the solution. And that is the core of the problem.

~S
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Boy, this is quite the derail, but then again the entire thread is a joke...

Faustinna, very well said - I mostly agree with you. Morality is something created by empathy, and as such, I feel should be based on reciprocity. It's true we're products of our environment, but we are also products of our genetics. One of the things that make us human (and a few animal species have elements of this, so it isn't only humans) is our empathy - the ability to understand what others are going through.

Sure, there are those with more or less of this ability, and some without it at all (sociopaths, for example), but most people are built with the tools for cohesive social interaction. In other words, we are hard-wired to get along with one another. Using reciprocity, aka the "Golden Rule," is not just something that is learned, it is a part of [most of] us.

The world would be a much better place if we relied on empathy more, rather than our baser instincts. However, to say that humanity is (paraphrased - Saitada) 'the worst thing for this planet' is very shortsighted. All life has the same base instincts that we do: protection, food, and reproduction. Most atrocities are caused by these instincts, with the only difference being a bigger weapon - our advanced minds. If you notice in the animal kingdom (and on a much slower scale, plants), 'atrocities' happen all the time, but we write them off for "not knowing any better." Such is life, and we are subject to it just like everything else. The fact that we can reason changes it just enough so that we can feel bad for [and about] ourselves.

As time goes on, humanity has become more comfortable. Many of us no longer need to worry much about our base needs, the things that drive our instincts, and we have time to think. Sure, there are still atrocities, and there are still a lot of 'bad people,' but much of that is due to unseen circumstances caused by one part genetics, one part environment. But overall, we're doing much better than we were 100+ years ago.

Saitada - I'm sure everyone's noticed this, but you are incredibly abrasive toward just about everyone. Do you not see that you are perpetuating the hate? It may be why you see hate everywhere, because they are only reflecting back what you give off. Try reciprocity. Try being nice, having patience, accepting people for who they are. It really isn't as hard as it sounds. You wish the world were a better place, then help change it without eliminating 90% (or more) of the population. Help change people.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    .......... Damn, Can't argue that! *Bows in respect*

~S
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    well...welll....Saitada.....b:angry
    I WANT YOU NERFED BECAUSE YOUR SIG IS SO COOL LOOKIN!!!!b:cry

Check your forum Messages. Enjoy.

~Saitada
  • blo0dyyay
    blo0dyyay Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I want gm's nerfed so i can pk them
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Check your forum Messages. Enjoy.

~Saitada

HAHA well thats one way to get a Sigg I guess, lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    HAHA well thats one way to get a Sigg I guess, lol
    yup lol

~S
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    NERF COOKIES THEY R OP b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    NERF COOKIES THEY R OP b:angry

NOOOOOOOOOO b:cry
    Not my cooooookkkieeess!!!!
    Nooooo! NO!!!! NooooOooOoOo!!!
  • chipsing1234
    chipsing1234 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Oh I get it you want our pet heal nerfed so we die every time we attack a mob. Now I get it.

Our JOB is to solo (that is what the class was designed to do, for the 15 billionth time). This means soloing bosses, mobs etc before anyone else can solo them. You forget one significant thing over and over again. for us to solo an FB boss (as an example) lets take an FB 59 boss. We have to be at least 15-20 levels higher than the FB to solo it, with a Herc this gets slightly reduced, either way, we STILL have to be higher than the FB to solo the FB. Unlike Barbs with a cleric. or even blades with a cleric. They can go in and run their fb at and even below the level of the bosses. Where as we, if we don't want to be bothered by idiots like you without the balls to post with their mains, have to wait to finish our culti's etc until we are already high enough to do the next set.
    Wait a second. Venos are a solo class. So..."This means soloing bosses, mobs, etc before anyone else can solo them." Where did you find this definition? Venos are called a solo class and that automatically justifies being able to solo bosses, some of which no class can ever solo? That's what you mean? You apparently didn't get my statement before that yes, though venos are a "solo class," why should they be given this much soloing power?
    And you put words into my mouth again. I never said venos shouldn't be able to tank mobs, that would be idiotic. I'm simply suggesting not letting venos be able to solo bosses, or at least TT bosses, as this provides far too much of an advantage over other classes.
    Arcane veno - vs - LIGHT ARMOR mage is not a comparison. Compare a LA Veno and a LA Mage. Mage still pwns.
    If a veno can ever outdamage the highest DDer in the game, both using normal attacks, then you cannot say the veno has weak attack. Weaker than mages, but not weak.
    Pet heal is over 3 seconds per tick, including channeling time and the amount healed is based off of our mag attack. The lower the Mag Att the lower the heal so LA and HA Veno's have suck **** pet heals. To get the best level of heal for our pet we have to stay squishy... i.e. ARCANE build. And I know from my OWN experience, that a LA build veno can't heal their pets anywhere as good and burn a lot more mana trying to do it. I went LA and was barely able to keep my pet alive in TT 1-2, went back to Arcane build and had no problem.

If we are on a boss, we are almost always spam healing our pet. This means no or very little DD. Again, you OBVIOUSLY didn't learn enough about veno's by playing one to lvl 20 and stopping.
    Notice that you're 70, and TT 1-2's level requirement isn't much less than that. Level higher, get the new pet heal at 73, and see how "hard" it is to keep your pet alive then. It's too bad no other class at 73, or even 83 has a chance at "soloing" TT. Sure little DD from you, but pet does normal damage. Why do you think pets steal aggro from barbs even as they're spamming flesh ream? Maybe it's because of their damage output that increases their threat level to become greater than a barbs?

What you really want chipsing1234 who hides his main behind an alt, is for veno's to be removed from the game. ALL your arguments point to that, and even though they have been refuted over and over and over again by Veno's and OTHER classes, you STILL refuse to admit your just **** sore and can't handle the thought that someone might be able to do something you can't, even though that is how the class was designed.
    Once again, I've already hinted at my level. And once again, you are making false accusations. As I said earlier, my main point of complaint is that venos can solo TT, and even more so with Hercules, which gives them far too much of an advantage. Twenty mil in 9 days with a hercules? You going to call that balanced because "it's a solo class"? The veno class was designed to solo, I've repeated what you've said many times now. But you never seem to see the next sentence. Why this much?
    Once again. Veno's are a soloing class. This means (read slow here so you will absorb it) we are designed to solo what other classes have difficulty or find impossible soloing at the same level.
    Oh? You must be this game's God favored children if you are simply designed to do things other classes can't. In real life, this is known as imbalanced.
    You say the rankings can't show how overpowered the class is, but here your wrong. They can show if the class is over powered or not. Lost City, the oldest server. Veno's are not the number one class in the rankings. In PVP or PVE. Heavens Tear, still older than sanctuary... Veno's are not the number one class in the rankings. In PVP or PVE. Sanctuary, the youngest server with the lowest overall level average, Venos are only marginally above other classes in PVE and second in PVP.

If the class was as overpowered as you say they would be on top of the rankings across the board. Period. You can try as much as you like to deny this simple fact, but you can't. ARCHERS rule the PVP and PVE rankings everywhere but the newest, and youngest server, and they are closing the game on it.

Ok, you started out saying how rankings do show if the class is overpowered or not. I thought you were going to actually try to prove exactly how they do show it, but instead you only pointed out the stats of the rankings themselves, which needless to say you have already done. You didn't explain how they exactly prove, without a doubt, that venos aren't overpowered. How the rankings that show what they show support your argument, not what they show.

You, apparently, simply refuse to acknowledge any sort of possibility of venos having too many advantages in this game with their "soloing" ability, despite the many threads, started by people of different classes, on this topic.
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    sotsf wrote: »

Thank you. Anytime ^^
    Oh yes, he is obviously a very well educated person. Who makes some good points. I do think he's a tad full of himself. But thats what makes arguing with people like this fun, lol.

Seeing him say he was religious was telling. (Not that I have any trouble with that) It helps me understand a bit where he is coming from. And even though I disagree with some of what he speaks. I got a feeling in real life, he might be someone I could be friends with, and have epic debates with at the same time hehe.

But for now, I'm gonna go play the game and get off these forums. Plenty of time some other day for excellent debates. Have fun guys. That goes double for you Faust.

Thank you, and it's "She". Yes women can have intelligent opinions beyond what to wear. b:chuckle
    Which proves my point, 90% of humanity just needs to Die. We'd be better off if 100% of humanity died. I refuse to accept that "the norm" in any way shape or form is good at all. Nothing anyone can say will ever make me believe that humanities cesspool can't be better if we actually tried instead of taking the easy way out and allowing ourselves to fall into the greater evil.

And if you had bothered to actually read what I said, I lump myself into the same category with other humans, because I, like nearly everyone else, often takes the easy way out. Now.. as to my 'sitting here doing nothing' WRONG, I go out every day and do something to try and better Humanity. DAILY. I am part of a local organization trying to bring Maui into self sustainability in an environmentally friendly manner, I walk on the beach every day carrying a trash bag and clean up the beaches, I spend hours a day giving my time to, and the time of my company to, local charities.

I'm not perfect by far. But from where I sit, and from what I see. Humanity can do a lot more than they are, if people got off their asses and even volunteered just 1 hour a day of their time to help others, instead of only thinking about themselves.

So yeah, I might be up on a "moral high horse" and looking down on Humanity, but at the same time, I count myself a part of the problem, and try to be a part of the solution. Do you? I would hope so. Sadly MOST of humanity are only a part of the problem and sooo few are trying to be a part of the solution. And that is the core of the problem.

~S

I don't know you too much but I would like to suggest to you that maybe it would do you some good to speak to a professional about your very deep emotions. Please don't take that as an insult or me trying to pick a fight, you just seem very unhappy for someone who seems to be doing some good in the world. If no professional, then try what my father always told me: "Nothing soothes the mind like physical work.". Ok he never said it that way, but basically when you're dead tired physically you won't be thinking about anything more then food and sleep.

You seem like a good person, probably better then myself, but you can't carry all this anger inside you without it rotting you away little by little. I hope you do concider talking to someone, it might do you some good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    nerf the price of hellhounds! thank you b:bye
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Wait a second. Venos are a solo class. So..."This means soloing bosses, mobs, etc before anyone else can solo them." Where did you find this definition? Venos are called a solo class and that automatically justifies being able to solo bosses, some of which no class can ever solo? That's what you mean? You apparently didn't get my statement before that yes, though venos are a "solo class," why should they be given this much soloing power?
    And you put words into my mouth again. I never said venos shouldn't be able to tank mobs, that would be idiotic. I'm simply suggesting not letting venos be able to solo bosses, or at least TT bosses, as this provides far too much of an advantage over other classes.

If a veno can ever outdamage the highest DDer in the game, both using normal attacks, then you cannot say the veno has weak attack. Weaker than mages, but not weak.

Notice that you're 70, and TT 1-2's level requirement isn't much less than that. Level higher, get the new pet heal at 73, and see how "hard" it is to keep your pet alive then. It's too bad no other class at 73, or even 83 has a chance at "soloing" TT. Sure little DD from you, but pet does normal damage. Why do you think pets steal aggro from barbs even as they're spamming flesh ream? Maybe it's because of their damage output that increases their threat level to become greater than a barbs?

Once again, I've already hinted at my level. And once again, you are making false accusations. As I said earlier, my main point of complaint is that venos can solo TT, and even more so with Hercules, which gives them far too much of an advantage. Twenty mil in 9 days with a hercules? You going to call that balanced because "it's a solo class"? The veno class was designed to solo, I've repeated what you've said many times now. But you never seem to see the next sentence. Why this much?

Oh? You must be this game's God favored children if you are simply designed to do things other classes can't. In real life, this is known as imbalanced.

Ok, you started out saying how rankings do show if the class is overpowered or not. I thought you were going to actually try to prove exactly how they do show it, but instead you only pointed out the stats of the rankings themselves, which needless to say you have already done. You didn't explain how they exactly prove, without a doubt, that venos aren't overpowered. How the rankings that show what they show support your argument, not what they show.

You, apparently, simply refuse to acknowledge any sort of possibility of venos having too many advantages in this game with their "soloing" ability, despite the many threads, started by people of different classes, on this topic.

Your arguement completely fails. You offer no facts, and you are a hipocrit but you prolly do not see why. So I will show you.

You have stated that a venos expenses are not as much as a barbs for expenses are when repairing their weapons and armors. Yet you are also complaining that a herc can "steal aggro from barbs". I don't get it, if a veno cannot steal argo from a barb, which mean less wear and tear on the barbs equipment, then what is the point of having a veno in the party? You want their str reduced to the point that they cannot steal argo from a barb, this also mean they are not doing enough damage to be valuable to the party. May as well replace them with another Cleric or Wizard which is capable of doing either much more damage or healing the barb that is now getting torn to shreds. So now the veno is not welcome in TT parties and cannot do TT on their own. Whats the solution to this?

You say that venos are overpowered and should not be able to solo TT bosses with Hercs, a $200 pet. If I do not get a really good benefit for my single $200 item, why would I spend the money. What would you offer me to cause me to want to pay $200 in this game?

And I know you don't want anyone to use the ACTUAL PVP and PVE rankings to prove that venos are not overpowered because... I guess that "maybe" the veno players are so anamoured with their looks that rather then play they have their hands down their pants. Where as an archer "maybe" more likely dedicated to doing PVP and PVE that of course they are going to be higher. But then again maybe an archer is the class that is truely overpowered and maybe they need to be nerfed, and maybe you are an archer who got to level 80 in 3 days of light playing and you do not want others to realize that, and maybe the moon really is made of blue cheese. Thr problem with all of your maybe reasons is that they work in reverse just as well. Statistacly speaking, there are going to be the same % of perverts with their hands in their pants playing Venos as are playing Archers, and the same %of dedicated venos as their are dedicated archers.

And if the rankings supported your arguement would you not hold them up as proof of your arguement? Its easy to say no now, but had they been in your favor from the start I'd be willing to bet you would have.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Zenpachi - Sorry couldn't quote the entire thing, like my post, would be too long.

Very well said. Comparing humans to base animals could never truly work, but then again an apple and an orange are not the same thing but still part of the same food group. Empathy is one characteristic humans have, but not so much more then a loyal dog. I have seen with my own eyes a deceased owners dog refuse to eat or drink after his owned passed until it died itself.

It's rare true, but it demonstrates sadness on some basic level. When you are angry and come home, your dog will sense it. When you are happy, he will sense it. It is also empathy, and if a dog is an animal then you cannot distinguish humanity from them.

What humanity has more of then any animal on this planet is the capacity for self-sacrifice. Very few instances will one animal give it's life for another. You can watch nature shows where a male lion finds a nest of baby leopards, it will kill them while the mother watches. She will not risk attacking the lion. During starvation, a mother animal will not give the last bits to her children, thus dying in the process. Yes yes we all know the saying "dont get between a female lion and her cubs", but it's just a statement.

When the male of a pride of lions loses in battle to a younger male, he is forced to leave while the new male takes his territory and all his females. The first thing this male does is slaughter all the young offspring of the old male. It is one male lion, maybe two, and over a dozen female lions. They don't do anything while it slaughters them. That's the cold fact of nature.

But humans have a genuine capacity for self-sacrifice. A mother will run into a burning building to save her children. She will jump in front of a car to push her children out of the way. Soldiers will jump on a grenade for another. There are monuments to "unknown" soldiers during WWII who refused to execute prisoners when ordered, knowing they would be executed themselves. Giving ones life for complete strangers no less. This is a capacity no animal has in droves as humans.

With that said, i still believe that capacity is just a part of humanity, not the majority or something to base humanity on. For instance, watch the news on a regular basis. 90% of the news is negative. Death, wars, tension, robbery, ****, murder, thievery. We watch it, but really none of us are shocked anymore unless it's a major catastrophy. We've been desensetized to violence because it has become the norm.

Now when we see something good on the news, like the new york transit worker woman, who was pregnant, and got hit by a van and was trapped inside. People on the street gathered instantly and lifted the truck off of her. The doctors were unable to save the woman, but the baby will be ok. She died knowing her baby would live, thanks to total strangers acting instantly without needing organization. True story from a few months ago. Now that tugs on our heartstrings. We sit, we watch, wipe a tear from our eye and think "you know, humanity really isn't that bad deep down.".

But see, when something "good" is the only thing that evokes an emotional response from us, and all the "negative" things are just "same old same old", then the negative is the norm and the "good" is the abnormal. Random acts of human kindness is something no one expects and we are all pleasantly surprised when we witness it. But senseless violence on the news is something we're all used to.

Go back in time 50 years in America and it was "respect your neighbor". People socialized, spoke, knew everything about there neighbors and were friendly. today, it's "fear thy neighbor". Bars on windows, triple locks on doors. I am generalizing, but it's moving more and more towards "don't speak to anyone, mind your business, when you leave the house go from point A to point B without deviation".

My point is paranoia, anger, violence is becoming more and more the norm. The norm is something you expect, not something that surprises you. More people believe they will be mugged on the subway then "if they drop there wallet a kind stranger will return it". Negativity is the norm, it's just what it is.

We can debate and bring up facts of human kindness, but you can always bring up more human attrocities. Just in the last 100 years how many wars have we had? How many dead? It's like every 100 years we have more "morality" but at the same time kill more humanity then the previous generations. Empathy means very little to the people of hiroshima and nagasaki on the day the americans dropped the atom bomb on them.

I mean we can go back and forth debating between humanities plus positives and negatives, but I can say without doubt when the rules of society cease to apply you will see the true humanity emerge. Just look at any post-apocalyptic movie, or book ever made. Society degenerates into savages. The strong take what they want, the weak suffer from the strong. Theres no difference today. Except "strength" is discuised as civility.

A strong country will offer "economic aid" to a weak country. Completely from the heart of course. What you don't know is the deal that was struck behind the scenes. That same "Weak" country will now owe in ressources to the strong country for 10 generations. It's the same thing as our way of life today. People actually believe they are not slaves. We are all slaves, everyone of us. Instead of a whip on your back it's money in your pocket. We all work ourselves to death to buy 90% of things we don't even need. It's the most intelligent system of control ever devised. Instead of beating you, i give you just enough to get by. You're still doing what I want you to do, but now you think you're free and you have a choice, and now you can earn a little profit doing it.

But then you want more, so you borrow, so you morgage your assets. Next thing you know you're up to your neck in debt and will spend the rest of your youth paying it off. But at least your children will have a better life...until they fall into the same trap and repeat the process. It's a global way of life. We're slaves to money, which in turn makes poorer countries slaves to our needs, and all the while the people who really have money and power are laughing there collective asses off at our ignorance and stupidity.

Once you look passed the mystique of humanity, once you clear your eyes of your desires for humanity to truly be greater then a pile of mud, you realise it's really not. It's just a multi-celled organism trying to survive the best it knows how, and it's small acts of kindness and generosity pale in comparison to its act of brutality and monstrocity. For every one saint theres a hundred sinners. Mathematically, it's the saints that are out of place. If 9 out of 10 people in a room are rich and one is poor, who do you think is going to feel out of place?

Like i always say, if humanity tries REALLY REALLY hard, on a good day, it can aspire to something slightly less then pure evil. I am not jadded or pessimistic about my views either. Humanity is what it is, i am a human, i am no better or worst then the next pile of mud. It is what it is, and thought i can dream of things to be different, i know they won't. Recorded history shows us as such.

As a wise man once said, hope in one hand and **** in the other. See which one fills up first. And that's humanity for you. Hope in one hand, **** in the other. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I will admit that When I look at Humanity I see very little good in it. You said that acts of evil are becoming more and more the norm, that is what bothers me so much. The fact that they ARE becoming more and more the norm. I sit back, watch it all happening and look around me at people going about their lives as if it doesn't matter in the least when it should matter the most.

Desensitization

That is exactly what is happening to us and that is exactly why I have come to feel this planet would be better off without us.

A lot of stuff that is negative has happened in my life, and yes it pisses me off a lot. I will freely admit it colors my outlook towards humanity in a very dark and dismal way. I don't like it myself and try to pull myself out of it. It becomes harder and harder each day when I see the news, read the paper, or just look out my window and see so many people filled with hatreds they don't need to have (myself included), hurting one another w/o caring about what they do.

I used to be a lot mellower. As I've aged I've become less politically correct and more vocal about what I see.

I would LOVE to look out my window and see the opposite of what I do. I still hold hope that will someday become a reality, but that hope isn't as large as it was even 5 years ago.

Meh.

Who knows, maybe in 2012 the world will wake up and go WTF have we been doing? Holy ****! And things will change for the better. In the mean time... I go clean up the garbage people drop on the beaches because they are too lazy to walk 25 feet to a garbage can. Try to encourage the local government here on Maui to shift towards self sustainability in an environmentally friendly manner, and I help others where ever I can.

~S
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    My personal feelings concerning the human race as a whole. 90% of humanity really does need to die. Personally, I would be happier if the entire species became extinct. I think Earth would be much better off without us here. All we do is fight, poison, kill, destroy and ruin everything we touch with very few real exceptions to the rule. Humanity hates because of skin color, religion, country, caste, location, hair color, eye color, or just because someone has something you don't or for no reason at all other than they were taught to hate.

If we stopped doing all that, I would revise how I feel about people. I don't see that ever happening though.

~Saitada

lol, i agree :P

and have anybody seen veno animation at all? they are all the same, except for some different color :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think we need to lighten things up around here some...

I like pie. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    **** pie, this world is off, and you know it. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    **** pie, this world is off, and you know it. :P

Well duh!! We all know the world is kinda screwed glued and tattooed right now. The politicians won't stop till it's so broke it can't be fixed.

So how about Pumpkin Pie? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Cheesecake > Pie

YOU HEARD ME! >:O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i never ate pie, and frankly the look of it disturb me. I come from a country where pie doesn't really exist. rofl.

but i've to say, being evil doesn't make humans bad, i mean it's the evilness and the competition that keeps us going foward take a look at WW2, did you know how much advancement we made during that 4 years? a whole lot more. I actually do think that it's our evilness and competitiveness that will bring us to the top.

on the other hand there are stupid countries, that just can't seem to do anything right, always poor, at war, starving, dieing. this are the people i think we should just wipe off the surface of the world. "once you become useless, it's pointless having you around" that's how i see it.

meh i gone way out of topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • godlike2008
    godlike2008 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i never ate pie, and frankly the look of it disturb me. I come from a country where pie doesn't really exist. rofl.

but i've to say, being evil doesn't make humans bad, i mean it's the evilness and the competition that keeps us going foward take a look at WW2, did you know how much advancement we made during that 4 years? a whole lot more. I actually do think that it's our evilness and competitiveness that will bring us to the top.

on the other hand there are stupid countries, that just can't seem to do anything right, always poor, at war, starving, dieing. this are the people i think we should just wipe off the surface of the world. "once you become useless, it's pointless having you around" that's how i see it.

meh i gone way out of topic.

You are a grade A imbecile my friend.
    You have just proved why 90% of the worlds population needs annihilating.
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    haha, i knew something like that would pop up. well my view has always been for humanity to go as far as they can no matter what the cost.

i mean i for one actually like communism if the leaders could be impartial. maybe like giving them a pill that stop emotions like from the movie "Equilibrium" it produces a work force that would continuously propel it self. not like in some places "oh you **** up your life? don't worry we will feed you with the money from everybody else pocket."

i don't like to suffer cause of somebody else stupidity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • godlike2008
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Oh god, please tell me that i am not the only one who thinks Evga is an idiot.
    Go to sleep Evga like a good a little slave -pats Evga on the head-.
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    rofl, i don't disagree, even when i voice my opinion in rl, i make sure it's safe :P

but then again on the internet i have much more freedom too see who agrees and who disagrees without getting killed :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Zenpachi - Sorry couldn't quote the entire thing, like my post, would be too long.

Very well said. Comparing humans to base animals could never truly work, but then again an apple and an orange are not the same...
    I will admit that When I look at Humanity I see very little good in it. You said that acts of evil are becoming more and more the norm...

I gotta tell you guys that deep heavy **** you posted, but unfortunately you are now perfect examples of why I say EVERYONE is stupid. Please read the rest of this post before you blast me for why I say that.

More and more I see people are concentrating on the negative that is happening around them or to them. Because this is what people are fixated on, it bleeds into their own lives and effects every thing they do and say. Its easy to say that **** has happened to us. Our momies did not love us enough, our daddies wern't there enough, someone we cared about died to young, some highschool crush turn us down, some idiot threw trash on our beach. Some things are worse then others but we insist on concentrating on them all as a whole. And when we concentrate on this is filters out into how we deal with people everyday and how we interact in the rest of the world. If you do not think so, look back at your posts. They are practically scuicidal depressing.

I know what its like to have something negative happen to you, some unmentionable horror. And I choose to leave it as unmentionable. Instead let me tell you about being a dad, 2 times over. Let me tell you how much fun it is to see my sons playing games with each other, laughing and screeming as they chase each other around the room. Let me tell you how my older son, who is almost 5 can score 98% accuracy on the song wanted dead or alive when playing rock band on expert. Sure they are both under 5 and I have not gotten more then 5 hours sleep in one night in nearly the past 5 years, but its worth it. Let me tell you how even before the kids were born my wife and I would go out for walks to the park just to listen to kids play and watch the parents enjoy their families. Let me tell you about the horse farm I volunteer at, about the special needs kids who are receiving hippotherapy. Specifically, about the tears of joy I have witnessed from a mother when her daughter said the words "I love you" for the first time at the age of 6. Let me tell you about a special little 6 year old who had never spoken a word who one day said "I love you". Let me tell you about when I was 12 years old living up at my dads house and I went outside and flew a kite for 10 hours straight. Let me tell you about the time I sliced my hand open on meat slicer because I was laughing so hard at the jokes my boss was telling me(ok this one is weird, but its still a good memory for me). These are the things I choose to concentrate on. These are the things I choose to think about as i see so many other concentrating on the negative stuff in their lives. These are the types of things you should concentrate on.

Find the good things in your life that has happen and prolly happen every day. I can think of 100 good things in mine for every 1 negative. Concentrate on those things every day when you can looking to see which fills faster, a handful of hope or handful of ****, you will start to see the hope hand fill faster more often. Or when you are out on the beach picking up after some litter bug and it seems depressing, look at the view of the ocean you have. Just take it in for 10 seconds, take in the whole scene. The sound of the seaguls, the smell of the fresh salty air, the reflection of the sun or moon off the water, the sounds of the people playing on the beach. And the simple realization that the world is not the evil filled place you think it is will set in and life will become better, not just for you but for the people around you as well. Our emotions are contagious to those around us, so when we are happy those around us become happy. If you think I am full of ****, then prove me wrong. But keep in mind I am not saying evil things don't happen, I am saying that I choose not to concentrate on them when there are sooo many more good things happening around me.

Now lets get back to whining about the game, not your lives. I come to play these games for fun when my kids are asleep or at school. I come to play because these to are happy memories, even if fleeting.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i actually read the whole thing... i got too much free time. and well you are right there is good thing in life, it doesn't mean bad things are not happening around you. for me, i rather be inform of all the bad thing and maybe try to fix it then be happy in my perfect bubble and come in shock when the whole world come crashing down.

but again your argument is valid. but then again, i'm just 21 and you are probably way way older and have seen much more than i have. so in the mean time i can only provide argument through what i've seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • godlike2008
    edited February 2009
    Options
    No i disagree, her/his posts are not depressing/suicidal as dieseasily said in his post, he his merely stating the truth instead of blocking it out and living in a one seasoned world where everything is all hunky dory when in TRUTH it's not.
    You have to find the perfect balance between the positives and negatives, just like yin and yang is used to describe how seemingly disjunct or opposing forces are interconnected and interdependent in the natural world, giving rise to each other in turn.
    They are complementary opposites within a greater whole. Everything has both yin and yang aspects, which constantly interact, never existing in absolute stasis.