Warmachine's Axe Warrior/Blademaster PvP Guide

Comments

• dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    andracil wrote: »
    Whoops, should've stickied this earlier.

Better late than never b:chuckle
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i can't find the: how to drop eq's effectively part in the guide b:surrender
  • dekciw
    edited March 2009
    i can't find the: how to drop eq's effectively part in the guide b:surrender

die devoted b:angry b:laugh
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • shizo
    shizo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Good guide, thumbs up slotmachine b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shizo - Blademaster 9x - Conqueror

Quitted trolling the forums. PM me ingame, if want something

Sig by Sev.
  • wolfdog68
    wolfdog68 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Good guide man +1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ BlackCard ~
    IGN - Skye
    Class - Priest
  • wolfdog68
    wolfdog68 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    oh yeah, ive got a question...so like you cap vit at around 50-60? how come you don't keep going? thx ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ BlackCard ~
    IGN - Skye
    Class - Priest
  • dekciw
    edited March 2009
    wolfdog68 wrote: »
    oh yeah, ive got a question...so like you cap vit at around 50-60? how come you don't keep going? thx ^^

Hmm not quite sure what you mean by "keep going" but if you mean why I don't make it higher is because points in "vit" don't add that much HP, you get way more hp from decent refining which I can afford at this point of the game. I get way better bonuses from dex ( crit, accuracy, evasion ) so I decided to add more dex rather than vit =]
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • grimmjoww2
    grimmjoww2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    im sorry i dunno if anyone can help me.... in this guide it says that the build is wepon req. of str and dex.. rest bit and magic 3.. my question is each time you lvlup u have to put 3 points in magic????
  • dekciw
    edited March 2009
    grimmjoww2 wrote: »
    im sorry i dunno if anyone can help me.... in this guide it says that the build is wepon req. of str and dex.. rest bit and magic 3.. my question is each time you lvlup u have to put 3 points in magic????

Nah, it means your magic must be "3".

let's take for example some lvl 70 axes.

Str req = 212
    Dex req = 39

well your stats would be

Str = 212
    Dex = 39
    Magic = 3 or 5 depending if you restated or no
    Vit = Everything else ( about 109 or so )

That is for vit build btw and is mostly for pve and tw(basically simply stunning)
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • grimmjoww2
    grimmjoww2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    oohh ok ok and what build do you recommend... vit build or dex???
  • dekciw
    edited March 2009

I recommend some sort of dex build if you want to pvp. You can add more/less than I suggested.. really up to you and how much money you want to spend on refine but in any cases, you really need that accuracy.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • tr0oll
    tr0oll Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Pure vit, Axe warrior. Anything else is a total failure at endgame in world PVP and TW.

At endgames you need lots of HP to survive or you'll end up getting one shotted by mages.

I had a level 98 pure vit Axe warrior on MY-EN, 8k HP without any support buffs. A warrior's damage is low compared to an archer, you need to depend on stun chains to kill your targets as they can run away from you making it hard for you to attack them. In TW you are the 1st line of attack and defense, and Magic does not miss. When you get buffed by a wearbeast, your HP massively increases. If you are a demon warrior, you can survive any damage using your alter defense skills.

At Endgame, the best warrior would be an Axe user with 10% critical hit rate, 8k passive HP. You need dex and strength to level faster deal more damages and AoE. But when you reach your endgame you won't need dex. Accuracy can be fixed using 50% and 30% accuracy rings. So till you reach your endgame, keep your vit as low as 70 and then re stat dex points to Vit when you think it's time to stop grinding and go all out in PVP.

Just keep these in mind: Axe, Berserk, AoE, Massive HP and Elixirs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Purified, Harshlands
    I'm the Veno with a phoenix zerging your ****

Signature by Sev
  • eleasar
    eleasar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Great Guide - keep up your work!

I am really looking forward for the tactics vs different classes and to mass PVP (mostly interested in TW)
  • Xurtxel - Heavens Tear
    Xurtxel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    thx for the info^^
  • Mt - Lost City
    Mt - Lost City Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    To be honest war, I laughed when some people told me that you made a WR guide but after reading it, I have to admit, really nice job man ;)
    . . . . . .
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Props for the guide. It's really good. b:victory
  • elgringodela
    elgringodela Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Does i have to use Dual axe or else ?
    Sorry i dont speak english very well and i didn't understood which weapon do i have to take.
    Could you name the 2lvl weapon so i will have an example.
    Thanks for the guide very good and helpful.
  • eleasar
    edited March 2009
    Waiting for a followup

b:beg b:laugh

@elgringodela:
    Just any axes or hammers you come accross. At level 60 and beyond you will probably use TT weapons, most commonly used are the dual axes.
  • Aedus - Harshlands
    Aedus - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Great guide, been using this to help me. Well done :)
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    tr0oll wrote: »
    I had a level 98 pure vit Axe warrior on MY-EN, 8k HP without any support buffs.

Although I agree with HP being important, I must say, I have a little under 8k HP now, with only 78 VIT base (the rest through equipment), and I'm not a VIT build. b:chuckle
  • DarkOsiris - Lost City
    DarkOsiris - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    sup war long time .... any way war ima vit build bm and i ben reading on my about the heaven / hell seems to me a full axe build should go sage ima save all my sprit n stuf for my 9x books so im only going axes and i love being a vit build seems better in pvp and pve iy rings exc exc but what do u think now that its over and said. i mean chi pots are nothing to get in fb89 and i dont see + my attack speed much of help is it ? dose it only work on normal swings ?
  • dekciw
    edited April 2009
    sup war long time .... any way war ima vit build bm and i ben reading on my about the heaven / hell seems to me a full axe build should go sage ima save all my sprit n stuf for my 9x books so im only going axes and i love being a vit build seems better in pvp and pve iy rings exc exc but what do u think now that its over and said. i mean chi pots are nothing to get in fb89 and i dont see + my attack speed much of help is it ? dose it only work on normal swings ?

There is basicaly no difference between the two untill you get the 92+ books (hard to get). Anyways it's mostly a personal preference as it's been said so many times.

About attack speed, I think it affects skill as well. I'm not 100% sure about this though. I'd need to test it. Spam your skills when you're under the effect of red bubble. Notice how fast the casting time is (not the channeling but casting time). I mostly noticed it when castin Dragon. I really need to do some testing on that, it could become another factor if it works on all skills/ is attack speed related.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    dekciw wrote: »
    There is basicaly no difference between the two untill you get the 92+ books (hard to get). Anyways it's mostly a personal preference as it's been said so many times.

About attack speed, I think it affects skill as well. I'm not 100% sure about this though. I'd need to test it. Spam your skills when you're under the effect of red bubble. Notice how fast the casting time is (not the channeling but casting time). I mostly noticed it when castin Dragon. I really need to do some testing on that, it could become another factor if it works on all skills/ is attack speed related.

Attack speed doesn't affects your skills.

You can easily see this using Fist weapons or when a mob reduces your attack speed...it only affects normal attacks, not the skills.

The reason why skills attack faster under the effect of red bubble is because it reduces the skill/animation delay.

"Using entire vigor energy to form a 20 meter radius of mystique array, consuming 500 points of mana every 5 seconds, to equally increase the normal attack rate, the skill delay reduction rate and the magic chanting speed by 20%, also gain 100% physical and magic attack damage from the equipment attack value, will last until the mana is totally consumed, manually canceled or by pressing ESC."
  • shakaboom
    shakaboom Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i wonder whats the best Axe at 80 ?

i have Dark death thunderclap with crit 2%, HP+205 and Max atk.118
    i use this since i have a dex build with good enough crit rate ..at 10% so if i use this Axe i will have 12% crit

any suggest?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    shakaboom wrote: »
    i wonder whats the best Axe at 80 ?

i have Dark death thunderclap with crit 2%, HP+205 and Max atk.118
    i use this since i have a dex build with good enough crit rate ..at 10% so if i use this Axe i will have 12% crit

any suggest?

1.- Calamity Axes of Blood
    2.- Thunderdeath Edges
    3.- Shinroaxes
    4.- Lion King Axes
    5.- Giant Ape Axes

That is for PvP.
  • shakaboom
    shakaboom Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    hmmm seems that my axe in second position b:chuckle

calamity axes of blood is HH70 axe, maybe we must have them at least +5 or higher for better result
    that optional is double attack, is that always do doble attack or not?
  • dekciw
    edited April 2009
    shakaboom wrote: »
    hmmm seems that my axe in second position b:chuckle

calamity axes of blood is HH70 axe, maybe we must have them at least +5 or higher for better result
    that optional is double attack, is that always do doble attack or not?

Doesn't always double your damage but it happens frequently, like ... a lot. It synergize well with crits and both stacks so you can go up to 4x damage.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • eleasar
    edited April 2009
    Doesn't always double your damage but it happens frequently, like ... a lot. It synergize well with crits and both stacks so you can go up to 4x damage.

Missed out - which part of your guide did you update (and thx again for this guide!!)?

And would be really interestend in Mass PVP/TW part :)
  • dekciw
    edited April 2009
    eleasar wrote: »
    Missed out - which part of your guide did you update (and thx again for this guide!!)?

And would be really interestend in Mass PVP/TW part :)

I update it once in a while, lately I only added some color for the look but now that I'm active in PW again, I'll most likely add more content such as tw/pvp stuff.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • eleasar
    edited April 2009
    but now that I'm active in PW again, I'll most likely add more content such as tw/pvp stuff.

b:thanks b:pleased