Valentines DAy Masacra

13»

Comments

• Advice - Lost City
    Advice - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ( yeah i'm an old school romantic shoot me for that b:laugh)

Come to lost city server so i can shoot you personally b:laugh
  • elektrika
    elektrika Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have had several replacement dolls and points off of a gold guardian charm wasted (and I am certain others have as well) because of people luring jewelscalen to the event location, and I have seen players drop items. Despite the administrative decree that the luring of Jewelscalen is a violation of the ToS, it has not stopped people from doing it, and it is nearly impossible to capture a screenshot of who is doing it amid the chaos of nearly 100 people dying at a time.

At the very least, since the game does not have sentries to kill lured bosses, how about a GM on watch to ban those who blatantly violate the Terms of Service?
  • Obik - Lost City
    Obik - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    elektrika wrote: »
    I have had several replacement dolls and points off of a gold guardian charm wasted (and I am certain others have as well) because of people luring jewelscalen to the event location, and I have seen players drop items. Despite the administrative decree that the luring of Jewelscalen is a violation of the ToS, it has not stopped people from doing it, and it is nearly impossible to capture a screenshot of who is doing it amid the chaos of nearly 100 people dying at a time.

At the very least, since the game does not have sentries to kill lured bosses, how about a GM on watch to ban those who blatantly violate the Terms of Service?
    What rule....killing everything for hours is good ? but wen low lvl's bring jewel for revenge u get pissed....I mean Cmon 6 hours guardianz 6 hour bloolust and some h rq and some cq and voila the day is gone and gues what 0 roses died over 100 times. I will lure jewels all day long and that's ilegal? u know what....keep it lady. I think ppl baned from this rule should sue the creators , no ofence, I love the game but killing in masses because we have 4 big factions and no gm activity, it's that corect>?
    Plsss Gms make at least 1 h for the normal players or I don't know 1 h for 40lvls ,1 h for 60 lvs, 1h for 70 lvls and so on and that I think would be balanced......U all reds can take all the roses and eat it 100% all the gz have hudge xp gain from this..... Good luck at pkin white and after good luck at getin beat down in real life loosers.
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Actually the rule is that u cant lure bosses to sz areas. Since the rose patch isnt a sz its all fair.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    sillyfoo wrote: »
    Actually the rule is that u cant lure bosses to sz areas. Since the rose patch isnt a sz its all fair.

No the rule is, as stated by GMs in other threads; You can not use bosses or mobs to kill players in order to circumvent normal PK rules. Basically using a boss to kill someone that you couldnt have through natural means, is against the ToS. On PvE servers, thats killing anyone blue named, anywhere, with a boss or mob. Even on PvP servers i think they feel low levels able to kill high levels might fall into this, but the line is much blurrier. And then of course like you say, killing anyone (either server type) in a safezone is also part of that circumvention of natural PK kill rules.
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Good luck proving it if its not a sz. If done repeatedly by one person i can see it being proven but if its one and done i dont think you can prove a thing even with SS. I know that this action is bad and i personally would never do it but i seen it done enough with Chin near anglers village and in secret passage with Dismal Shade to the point that even though players complained and sent tickets nothing was done. Not enough proof even with SS. Only time peeps got banned was when they lured chin and wiped the shops in west arch and dismal when they took him to the entrance. I dunno about you but if someones grinding on mobs and i pk them and stop to let the mob get the last hit so they lose exp gl proving that as well.

edit: having a gm to watch would be nice for the event although i doubt they do that.
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    On PVE server u could say its not fair but on PVP server no way anyone should get banned for pulling a boss.

If a lv 4x brings a boss after getting killed over and over by 9x who have the power to make sure they get their roses i say good going. Why should they be banned for tht?
    Alternately when a 9x pulls the boss to kill blue names that is totally fair as well. On pvp ur name is blue only if u are under lv 30, the quest can only be taken by those 40+ so blue names picking roses is also griefing as they cant be traded and they cant use them for the quest. Either way makes no sense banning people on pvp for pulling bosses, if anyone gets banned i reckon they have a right to complain. Its not grief as if i wanted to dig and ur in the way i would just kill u not go through the trouble of pulling a boss zzz
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear
    Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    personally....I think its way too funny when someone would lure Jewel into the patch...maybe because somehow, the 20 times or so that it was pulled while I was there collecting a totally of 11 roses over the period of two hours, i was spared. kicked my charms **** a couple times, but I needed something to laugh about, and seeing 20 toons beggin for rez did the trick for me!!!

Oh well, it is a stupid quest, but I was lured into it...so shame on me and all who are doing it!!

maybe i will go collect moreb:dirtylove is painful sumtimes
  • elektrika
    elektrika Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    sillyfoo wrote: »

the GMs have already stated during this event that luring jewelscalen to the rose patch is a bannable offence.
  • TitanzFury - Lost City
    TitanzFury - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    elektrika wrote: »

What everyone seems to be forgetting is this...This game is f2p=Free to Pay, as that is now obvious, perhaps you might have a better understanding as to why the developers created the Valentine's Day Massacre, as I like to call it, to happen. It would not be beneficial for them, financially to have made this event accordding to even the slimmest of requests that have been made by the playing members of the game. Why you might ask, simple; it would not be cost effective for them to do so. Think about it; how many times have any of you, who are complaining, been pked? Were you wearing a charm, did you drop items on account of not being white. Did Jewelscalen kill you while you were there? If you answered yes to any of those, you can clearly see that, if you participate in this event, you are proving two things. One you realize that with love comes great pain, and two, you don't have a bother losing precious charms or items because you can either get more later, as the developers expect you to, or, you give up and lose out on getting the, "big reward?" we think we are getting when we complete this four times.

The pk'ers are having fun because they are rarely getting pk'ed back because they are either too high leveled or they do end up getting pk'ed and either come back with more players to back them, or don't come back. In the end, you can do one of two things, either work as hard as you can and hope to get the 396 roses or get 4 - 36 roses and be happy with your reward, or you can quit and wish negative karma on the developers, pk'ers and yourselves. Just have fun, try your best, and if you get 396, then congratz, you deservered them. As for the pk'er you must remember one thing; eventually all those you have pk'ed will ultimately reach your level and will either make your online playing life a living hell or end up quiting the game because you felt the need to be powerful somewhere that in real life, you could never even fathom being. Either way, Karma will enjoy paying you back. Don't ever forget that.b:pleased
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    arashiice wrote: »
    i dont care if gm fcked up i spent 40k exp dyin as the jewel kept comin then i finally got 99 roses we complete it and i fin i got 4140 exp she gets 54k, i need 4 faithful wish things to get tht key, how r u faithful if u need 4 girls? and is this event stayin for 4 days? otherwise how do u complete it? its not they "didnt think this through" they "didnt think" full stop.

Don't complain. I got 19k exp for spending hours picking 99 roses. And I am actually happy when ppl lure jewel there. My rose count at least doubled while jewel was there. Guess i should count myself lucky as one of the few non barb/bm that can survive jewel.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Lordexion - Lost City
    Lordexion - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    In the first posts i noticed a bunch of guys complaining about "girls get more exp than the boys blah blah blah" well here is my opinion...

U go up there u get ure **** kicked by Mr. Jewels cause some high lvl think's is funny to "die for love" and it's luring him there, u click like a maniac to get ure 99 roses and u end up with less exp... let me tell u smthing...

Valentines day it's all about ure half and i think it's normal that u're girl deserves the best... it's not like someone is forcing u to do the quest... dont like it dont do it but dont complain either... after all ure doing that for ure "pixelate love/wife" or cause u choose to do so... ( yeah i'm an old school romantic shoot me for that b:laugh)

On the other hand the roses spot is so tiny just for making u show ure love and test ure patience for love b:chuckle but the jewelscallen beeing lured there is just not normal... i was killed couple of times today just because some wanted to get faster the roses or just b'cause of fun... well it ain't funny and i think some measures should be taked regarding that... otherways

Happy late V-day boys and girls b:thanks . Regards.

cmon dude its obviously it's an error that the exp u get from all the boukets(all 3 ways) are the same
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    personally....I think its way too funny when someone would lure Jewel into the patch...maybe because somehow, the 20 times or so that it was pulled while I was there collecting a totally of 11 roses over the period of two hours, i was spared. kicked my charms **** a couple times, but I needed something to laugh about, and seeing 20 toons beggin for rez did the trick for me!!!

Oh well, it is a stupid quest, but I was lured into it...so shame on me and all who are doing it!!

maybe i will go collect moreb:dirtylove is painful sumtimes

NO. Here is what you do. Go make a cleric alt... lvl it up just enough to have lvl 1 rez. And go rez ppl in the rose patches.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • happyvalentines
    happyvalentines Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    This event sucks too much! it totally wastes my charm!!
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    Satalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Awww but they went to all the trouble of making an account called 'happyvalentines' JUST to go and do it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    2 year necro jesus....does that beat the current necro record ? b:laugh
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Jewels used to be so scary lol
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
This discussion has been closed.