Valentines DAy Masacra

Options

Comments

• LogiK - Lost City
    LogiK - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I normally aint one to complain but I have to ask what is so beneficial in that chest that i would spend 5 hours a day in a pvp server to be pk'ed to death. At 5K worth of xp and items i cant use unless i have four of em.........I know your trying your best and i enjoy the game alot but this event did kinda flop....b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:victoryWe are the center. Noone can change this!b:victory
  • Mistree - Heavens Tear
    Mistree - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    guys, wtf...i got pked no less than 50 times out there by Everix and Lessie.
    its a freaking massacre....gms why cant u do anything about it?b:angry

im sorry but you made me lol more then others. You got ganked 50 times? on a pvp server? the Horror!! lol Good choice of servers if your gonna cry about being killed by other players.
  • Xtonyx - Heavens Tear
    Xtonyx - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    god suck it up! seriously i think we should be happy the whole money crisis is over....but you might be saying....
    "By golly mister i hate this game *cry cry cry* gms suck blah blah"
    well heres my answer u hyper little idiot honestly if u dont like this game there is a nifty keen little uninstall program that comes with the perfect world download!
    GMs did/doing all they can to fix the bug/scam/whatever and theyre doing good...give them at least a high five or one of these b:victoryb:thanks
    hey dont want to hear you Q.Q on an event right now....feedback is okay but i swear if the population of cryers and b**chers here embodied into one person, i would start him up a nice warm bath and hand him 2 razors..

P.S. yea by golly and nifty keen are **** words, i know i used them to enforce how much cryers suck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~sig by Saitada, a total badass b:laugh
  • LogiK - Lost City
    LogiK - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    First of all im not crying. I am asking a simple question of what is the end goal of the chest. Second of all if your sitting there trying to loot a rose you get killed. Happens so if you want to laugh go right ahead i dont care. I'm not wasting dolls to prevent items from dropping so i unequip. Thats smart!!!! Hince 50+ pk !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:victoryWe are the center. Noone can change this!b:victory
  • saidje
    saidje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't even know why you people are trying.

I only read about the event and thought "what a load of bulldrek!"

I mean really, think about it. Those Devs and GMs are having a major laughfest at your expense.

You could easily get the xp otherwise and are the rewards really worth it?
    Saidje
    Having a high post count doesn't make you anything in the game.
    Unless you're attempting to kiss up to a GM and you KNOW what that makes you
    . :D
  • Psynopsis - Heavens Tear
    Psynopsis - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just gotta say to all the people luring Jewelscalen:

"Seriously? You SERIOUSLY CANNOT find anything better to do with your time? Like PK? Or grind? I mean, how immature are you guys?"
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Personally, I love this event. Sure its a lot of work, but if you really want you can just go pick a single rose and get a modicum of xp and items. Pick 9 and you'll get a few nice items, though still a small amount of xp. Pick 99 and you'll get a nice bunch of items, and the chance to open up that chest if you do it 4 times.

Yes for guys the xp sucks, but the items we get are reasonably valuable if you look at their cash shop counterparts. We get the chance to do something for our lady (my girlfriend and I play PW together, but at the moment are living on other sides of the world so this is a nice chance for me to at least show somewhat that I appreciate her and am willing to go the extra mile).

If I didn't have a female partner on this game, I doubt I would go through the hassle of the event. But for those of us who are actually in love with the girls we spend our time playing with, it is a nice event.

Remember, this is a Valentines day event, its supposed to be about showing someone how much you care for them through your willingness to work for their reward, not hooking up for a 'one quest stand' with a stranger and raking in the megabucks.

A quick note to the naysayers over the rewards:
    Take a quick look at the CS value of the items gained from picking 99 flowers and the 6 honey:
    20 flower packs = 4 gold from the CS
    5 valentines dye = 1 gold from the CS
    on top of that we get 1/2 of the craft of a bit of a peculiar amulet and 1/4 of a chest key.

So over the two people, thats 5 gold worth of CS items. Sure they aren't the items we would want to buy, I'd much prefer 10 GA's or a charm to what we are given, but they retain some value nonetheless.
    The chest seems to be the pinnacle of what you can acquire itemwise from this event so you can expect a pretty valuable bonus inside it. It is likely that it will be similar to every other chest in PW and contain a random bonus. 80% of which being everyday stuff (mirage, quest books etc) but we will probably have a nice gamble at a mega sexy item. So when that chest first opens, expect another barrage of "all that for 2 fricken mirage stones" while another player pops up in world chat with "holy ****, I just picked up a Drakeflame stone from the chest!"

Okay, a Drakelame might be going a bit far, but you catch my drift ;)
  • RoGz - Lost City
    RoGz - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    biggest lot of b:shutup iv seen in any game yet lost city rose garrden is bloodlust pking everybody that even looks at it...they coould of atleast put it in a safe spot to make it fair
  • Mogambo - Lost City
    Mogambo - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    b:angry

now conquerors are killing all so that thier faction members can get the flowers.
    Should have
    1) kept roses in safe zones
    2) should have more roses
    3)roses at diff places in PW to stop the over crowding

b:angry
  • Emmxx - Heavens Tear
    Emmxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    after reading though this i have to say i have to say some ppl have no brains y would u take a boss into the garden other then to make ppls lifes hell and to upset ppl shows me that r not a nice person and its an event so it sure be made fair my partner spent a long time getting me some rose's and bless him he got 5k while i got 72k for itwhich is pretty unfair on him also the women moaning that men r sad to do this r only mifed that they don't have a man to do that for them anyway nice 1 to all men but really it isn't worth doing it ur gf will understand even if the free exp is great for us its not so fun for u lot who die for trying and get naf exp for it
    ! think they should relook into this event anyways have a nice day b:pleased
  • texian
    texian Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    my question is...is it against game rules to lure jewel just to kill folks? if it is then why isnt game mgmt doing anything to stop it?
  • Emmxx - Heavens Tear
    Emmxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    it is not agaist the rules its just very sad ppl trying to ruinin things for other just so they can have a laugh at ur expence it ppl who have probaby taken the boss's to villages and towns and not been cought it just plain sad and a shame they have to stoop so low to do that to ppl some may even be there friends
  • Deatharcher - Heavens Tear
    Deatharcher - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Oh man pure pk in lost city bushes! how do ppl even farm now...... pity them

Well even in PvE there is ppl in pk mode waiting and its takes me like mins just for 1 stupid rose >.> surly more spawn points would be useful
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Oh man pure pk in lost city bushes! how do ppl even farm now...... pity them

Big PK wars are fun.
    I pity your blue named server, carebear.

If u dont want to die dont go do the event, the gms aint forcing you to do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Big PK wars are fun.
    I pity your blue named server, carebear.

If u dont want to die dont go do the event, the gms aint forcing you to do it.
    I pity the pple who grow superiority egos over pixelated internet wars b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Zephyrli - Lost City
    Zephyrli - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    All I can say is, GMs, you better have one hell of an event planned for us guys for Steak and **** day ^^

EDIT: oh wait, im a guy playing a girl character, oh noes!!! I win :D
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I pity the pple who grow superiority egos over pixelated internet wars b:chuckle

I pity you for making such stupid post.
    You can totally tell my ego is building up based on a forum post, nice !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• wyrde
    wyrde Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't know about the servers for other languages, but Heaven's Tears is by far the most populated English PW server I've seen (and from the sounds of it, the other PWI servers are just as populated).

It's quite possible that the developer(s) for this event in (presumeably PWRD) didn't anticipate the problems that are occuring simply because they haven't seen the kind of population that PWE's servers host.

PWE really needs to make sure that PWRD understands the ramifications of the population differences.

But then, since most of the PW servers out there are PvP, it's quite possible the Valentine's day event isn't about being nice to one's sweetheart, it's about increasing PvP rankings. b:chuckle

-w
  • Evilixx - Heavens Tear
    Evilixx - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Yes we all do. But they have to get thier fix in somehow. Everyone knows come Mon morning they'll have to go back to work and get pushed around, stepped on, and basically they are the bottom of the barrel in RL.

Im just surprised by the whining of LC players about the PKing. I thought playing on LC added adventure they couldnt get from HT or Sanc. I thought it was supposed to be exciting to grind without knowing where or when the next hit was coming from. Obviously it is only exciting if they see it coming, or it works out to thier own benefit.
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lols this event is a bucket of fail for guys.
    After you collect the 99 roses, the girl will get like 100k+ exp while the guys get like 10k. Either the GMs fked up the exp reward or this event is just really unfair to guys...

What the guys have exclusive access to is rare items and a key to abox.. If you do the deluxe 4 times you can get it all.

I am doing it with Elayne, she gets 530K exp per pop.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkhellfire
    darkhellfire Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I tried this quest once and got 99 roses. I can tell u now im never doing such a **** quest again. I believe in equality and things bein 50-50 in most things but the guys do all the work in such a small patch of flowers with 50+ other people, spending hours getting frustrated, stressed and pk'ed a few times but the point being for all our efforts we get naff all for it when women should have had a quest equally as taxing.

Also I found this quest a bit sexiest to the point that women get all the XP when we did all the work and get lousy xp and very **** items in return. All in all PWI has once again screwed up again royally and im not surprised people are frustrated.

The least the producers could have done was make it to get 2 amounts of 99 roses needed for faithful wishes instead of 4 to make it more bearable and not soul destroying. 2ndly more then one patch of field/bigger patches around the world for others to farm for the event as there is more then 7000+ on here.

3rdly love is equally shared between 2 people, so should have the xp been. All in all im disgusted with the laziness and stupidity of PWI producers once again as I continue to lose faith in the game and how much the producers/workers really care for its gamers, but then again all they seem to care about is what's in their wallets.

The bottom line is this, the valentines day event was/or felt like a rush job to me. It's been the worst event thus far and PWI is sucking more. Im off to play Requiem: bloodymare
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Im just surprised by the whining of LC players about the PKing. I thought playing on LC added adventure they couldnt get from HT or Sanc. I thought it was supposed to be exciting to grind without knowing where or when the next hit was coming from. Obviously it is only exciting if they see it coming, or it works out to thier own benefit.

Those are players that should reroll to carebear servers.
    The bottom line is this, the valentines day event was/or felt like a rush job to me. It's been the worst event thus far and PWI is sucking more. Im off to play Requiem: bloodymare

The Halloween was worse we had that blessing for like 2 months.
    Anyway there's noone pointing a gun at you to go do the event, you died in roses and got emo? dont go back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Advice - Lost City
    Advice - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    What the guys have exclusive access to is rare items and a key to abox.. If you do the deluxe 4 times you can get it all.

I am doing it with Elayne, she gets 530K exp per pop.

This box better have some epic stuff if guys are even gonna think of collecting 99 roses 4 times
  • syl
    syl Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lol watch the item like gives u like 10k gold or something lame
  • Diablos_nl - Sanctuary
    Diablos_nl - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    We are taking note of all your feedback regarding this event and will pass that feedback to the developers.

another PC awnser from xarfox XD
    it is not agaist the rules its just very sad ppl trying to ruinin things for other just so they can have a laugh at ur expence it ppl who have probaby taken the boss's to villages and towns and not been cought it just plain sad and a shame they have to stoop so low to do that to ppl some may even be there friends

as far as i know, intentualy luring bosses into groops of players over and over again is seen as harrasment, witch alsow is a bannable offence (correct me if i'm wron)
  • Drussella - Sanctuary
    Drussella - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I kinda feel weird yelling for a guy that is willing to put in 10 times the work for 1/10th the reward.

Feels kinda cheap... ya know?....

So i dont even ask anyone, feels like doing them a bad deal.

Its optional.. so i dont bother.

But...

fail
  • Alecsys - Sanctuary
    Alecsys - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    wrong button srry double post
  • Alecsys - Sanctuary
    Alecsys - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    In the first posts i noticed a bunch of guys complaining about "girls get more exp than the boys blah blah blah" well here is my opinion...

U go up there u get ure **** kicked by Mr. Jewels cause some high lvl think's is funny to "die for love" and it's luring him there, u click like a maniac to get ure 99 roses and u end up with less exp... let me tell u smthing...

Valentines day it's all about ure half and i think it's normal that u're girl deserves the best... it's not like someone is forcing u to do the quest... dont like it dont do it but dont complain either... after all ure doing that for ure "pixelate love/wife" or cause u choose to do so... ( yeah i'm an old school romantic shoot me for that b:laugh)

On the other hand the roses spot is so tiny just for making u show ure love and test ure patience for love b:chuckle but the jewelscallen beeing lured there is just not normal... i was killed couple of times today just because some wanted to get faster the roses or just b'cause of fun... well it ain't funny and i think some measures should be taked regarding that... otherways

Happy late V-day boys and girls b:thanks . Regards.
  • Lycorys - Heavens Tear
    Lycorys - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Personally I salute the people luring Jewel to the rose gardens, only way I can see to clear away the female rose pickers. Why are they there again?

Really this event isn't as exciting as some but I'd be content with girls being unable to pick roses and double the amount of harvesting spots. . . buuuut we've already seen what happens to player requests so might as well forget about either happening.
    "Let not your outrage for injustice end where your selfishness begins"
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ive been participating in the event the 2 days, it seems pretty unfair with xp, but i hope the treasure will be my best award... (opens it... its exp for a girl! T.T)lol

Only 1 thing i would like, more roses, there are 16 spots for a lot more than 16 ppl, what about 50 spots?? would be way more easier for males to get those 99 roses, actually i spend a lot of time on it like 2 to 3 hours, so that is my only request ^^

Bladecutter

PD: .... just like normal valentine, womans get the best lol
This discussion has been closed.