LC's non-factors

Comments

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The common close-minded, biased opinions of people from different servers. In reality, pvp servers are boring. Why? why in the hell would you like to spend an hour, or maybe 10 minutes, in a nice grinding spot, then get interrupted by an enraged monkey that simply wants everybody to die? That's no fun. Especially when upper-leveled newbs roll around in lowbie spots(refer to the high scores: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/rank/lostcity_pvp), either crashing low-level pking or just killing people on sight because they feel like it.

pve servers at least allow things to calm down and give you the option to pvp, not shove it in your face at level 30.
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The common close-minded, biased opinions of people from different servers. In reality, pvp servers are boring. Why? why in the hell would you like to spend an hour, or maybe 10 minutes, in a nice grinding spot, then get interrupted by an enraged monkey that simply wants everybody to die? That's no fun. Especially when upper-leveled newbs roll around in lowbie spots(refer to the high scores: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/rank/lostcity_pvp), either crashing low-level pking or just killing people on sight because they feel like it.

pve servers at least allow things to calm down and give you the option to pvp, not shove it in your face at level 30.

Exhibit A: Standard Carebear Opinion, probably formed from rumours and stories and no actual experience of LC pvp.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Exhibit A: Standard Carebear Opinion, probably formed from rumours and stories and no actual experience of LC pvp.
    First hand experience from past games that only have pvp servers, such as silkroad and rohan. "Lost City" will be no different, everybody is the same, I've spent enough time there to know. Throwing random assumptions is the key of blatant stupidity.
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    First hand experience from past games that only have pvp servers, such as silkroad and rohan. "Lost City" will be no different, everybody is the same, I've spent enough time there to know. Throwing random assumptions is the key of blatant stupidity.

That's like saying Voyage Online's gameplay is the same as PW. It's an assumption based on "previous experience", although they obviously share no relation, but it is exactly what you're saying. But, if you are afraid of being crashed once in a blue moon, then yeah, LC's not for you. Although I personally don't find killing mobs to be that fun... Also, that same enraged person can decide to KS you in your nice grinding spot, with a blue name on, so the principle of "becoming agitated" can apply both ways.
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • NuNuie - Lost City
    NuNuie - Lost City Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited February 2009

That's probably the funniest thing anyone could say on this thread. I like this guy, he's real with where he's from. Anyway, you do realize that choosing your next move is no fun. It's fun to watch what happens out of random because it makes for an interesting story line.

If you're blue name you choose everything that happens for yourself and nothing random could possibly happen except a random dot on your radar coming through. Don't know if you like some excitement while you're on miji or not.

Imagine this. You're grinding it peace and you happen to have a kos with a guild evenly strong as your own. You're grinding with a party of people in your guild and someone in your enemy guild goes by from doing WM. You notice him right off that bat but you're in relief that he decided to pass by.

Ten minutes into your miji He comes back... And behind him he drags a bunch of other green dots with him. You press T to see who the hell it is and see all listed in a line, your enemies. Luckily your in the water so they wont be stupid and just drop in because it's obviously to your advantage.

You and your party prepare for a battle while on miji. Which you are worried about not being able to finish. But the excitement of killing people while grinding is getting your over prepared for the worst.

Finally your enemy decides to drop in but since you out smart them you were all the way on the bottom of the water waiting for them. All of a sudden your party wipes out 2-4 parties because they're so bad and didn't think up a good strategy. You continue to grind and end up with nearly the same amount of exp you would have regardless of the fact that you had a battle that lasted up to maybe 5-10 minutes.

DOESN'T THAT SOUND AWESOME AND NOT BORING IN THE LEAST BIT!?b:angry

Or would you prefer the old "Lets grind in peace and hope this and that faction doesn't ks us."
    Same old boring blue name... That sounds no where near fun.
    Names given to me by forum folks. The most fail of fail
    1.e-thug__6.Cancer
    2.Troll____7.Raven
    3.r3tard__8.Wannabe Troll
    4.Xtacy__9. Meangirl
    5.P+(ι)J

Please keep on guessing who I am. I love this game!!!
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    That's probably the funniest thing anyone could say on this thread. I like this guy, he's real with where he's from. Anyway, you do realize that choosing your next move is no fun. It's fun to watch what happens out of random because it makes for an interesting story line.

If you're blue name you choose everything that happens for yourself and nothing random could possibly happen except a random dot on your radar coming through. Don't know if you like some excitement while you're on miji or not.

Imagine this. You're grinding it peace and you happen to have a kos with a guild evenly strong as your own. You're grinding with a party of people in your guild and someone in your enemy guild goes by from doing WM. You notice him right off that bat but you're in relief that he decided to pass by.

Ten minutes into your miji He comes back... And behind him he drags a bunch of other green dots with him. You press T to see who the hell it is and see all listed in a line, your enemies. Luckily your in the water so they wont be stupid and just drop in because it's obviously to your advantage.

You and your party prepare for a battle while on miji. Which you are worried about not being able to finish. But the excitement of killing people while grinding is getting your over prepared for the worst.

Finally your enemy decides to drop in but since you out smart them you were all the way on the bottom of the water waiting for them. All of a sudden your party wipes out 2-4 parties because they're so bad and didn't think up a good strategy. You continue to grind and end up with nearly the same amount of exp you would have regardless of the fact that you had a battle that lasted up to maybe 5-10 minutes.

Or would you prefer the old "Lets grind in peace and hope this and that faction doesn't ks us."

Actually, that does sound dull. When I want to level, I want to level, I don't want morons trying to kill me. If I want to pk, I'll go look for it.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • NuNuie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Actually, that does sound dull. When I want to level, I want to level, I don't want morons trying to kill me. If I want to pk, I'll go look for it.

Oh, didn't actually think that was dull. I'm sure you never experienced it yet given your low level and lack of motivation. When I say lack of motivation I mean there's nothing to level for at HT.

And I'm not talking about TW. TW is easy for my guild so obviously that's not it. In that server you level and then what's next? Please, tell me this so I can rid this confusion deep down inside of me.
    1.e-thug__6.Cancer
    2.Troll____7.Raven
    4.Xtacy__9. Meangirl
    5.P+(ι)J

• Viriilink - Lost City
    Viriilink - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You Go Farm Warsoul!k@!k$@!$j!@#$j@#
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Oh, didn't actually think that was dull. I'm sure you never experienced it yet given your low level and lack of motivation. When I say lack of motivation I mean there's nothing to level for at HT.

And I'm not talking about TW. TW is easy for my guild so obviously that's not it. In that server you level and then what's next? Please, tell me this so I can rid this confusion deep down inside of me.

LMFAO please tell me too.

Note to pve nubs: Dont think lc is a certain way because of past games or ur just being an idiot. If ur not in a kos guild u will get pk'd maybe once a week if ur unlucky. Grow up and stop throwing around this random bull opponions u gain from "other games". This is pw not other games. Pk ranking i can say all the bl and cq got on there from kos guilds not pking nubs.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2009

This might be a shocking revelation to you, but some of us don't like pvp in online mmo's. Some of us keep our pvp games to consoles (xbxo 360 ^^). That's where i play when i want to play with friends on other games. FPS's and fighting games (SFIV ftw!). Some of us play mmo's just to relax, chat with friends, raid dungeons together and have fun in this virtual world. And for end game, once we reach it, we quit the game and head to the next one. I've never stuck around for any game once i was in end game. By then it's over, it's been done, something new is out, lets go try it.

I honestly don't like the PvP in online mmo's, and especially this one. It's too slow and static. Player skills means nothing, it's all level and gear based. And please don't tell me otherwise, all mmorpg pvp is level and gear based. For my pvp, like many others, we like more skill based pvp. FPS's and fighting games. No levels, no gear, just skill. That's fun to me. Online mmo's, just a recreational thing to do that's fun and on a pve server we don't have to be hassled by people who spent 24/7 on the game. We can play how we want, when we want and no one can do anything about it. Then when we want pvp fun, we go play our pvp games.

Is that clear enough for you? If not i'll get Zoe to draw you a picure. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If not i'll get Zoe to draw you a picure. b:bye
    Is she a good artist?
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • NuNuie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    This might be a shocking revelation to you, but some of us don't like pvp in online mmo's. Some of us keep our pvp games to consoles (xbxo 360 ^^). That's where i play when i want to play with friends on other games. FPS's and fighting games (SFIV ftw!). Some of us play mmo's just to relax, chat with friends, raid dungeons together and have fun in this virtual world. And for end game, once we reach it, we quit the game and head to the next one. I've never stuck around for any game once i was in end game. By then it's over, it's been done, something new is out, lets go try it.

I honestly don't like the PvP in online mmo's, and especially this one. It's too slow and static. Player skills means nothing, it's all level and gear based. And please don't tell me otherwise, all mmorpg pvp is level and gear based. For my pvp, like many others, we like more skill based pvp. FPS's and fighting games. No levels, no gear, just skill. That's fun to me. Online mmo's, just a recreational thing to do that's fun and on a pve server we don't have to be hassled by people who spent 24/7 on the game. We can play how we want, when we want and no one can do anything about it. Then when we want pvp fun, we go play our pvp games.

Is that clear enough for you? If not i'll get Zoe to draw you a picure. b:bye

You made it quite clear actually. But I still have a problem. Why don't you just play a game that has nothing to do with pvp then? And by the way you describe the pvp statistics of this game you obviously have some other game with better pvp style. Why waste your time on this game?

I also agree with the not being hassled by people who play 24/7. That makes a lot of sense. But, it gives you a motive in the game. Revenge is sweeter than a game than it could ever be in life. If you kill someone in life they're dead. they can't think anymore or realize what you did to them. Whether you **** them with a shotgun or cut them into bits and peaces. But this.... They feel every last bit of that ****. Isn't revenge awesome? b:dirty

Ok, I'm done. I sound like a live murderer.....b:surrender
    bobzilla21 wrote: »
    Is she a good artist?

I'd like to know the same. Maybe she can draw my avatar pawning a bunch of high levels from Lost City? That'd be great ^_^
    1.e-thug__6.Cancer
    2.Troll____7.Raven
    4.Xtacy__9. Meangirl
    5.P+(ι)J

edited February 2009
    You made it quite clear actually. But I still have a problem. Why don't you just play a game that has nothing to do with pvp then? And by the way you describe the pvp statistics of this game you obviously have some other game with better pvp style. Why waste your time on this game?

I also agree with the not being hassled by people who play 24/7. That makes a lot of sense. But, it gives you a motive in the game. Revenge is sweeter than a game than it could ever be in life. If you kill someone in life they're dead. they can't think anymore or realize what you did to them. Whether you **** them with a shotgun or cut them into bits and peaces. But this.... They feel every last bit of that ****. Isn't revenge awesome? b:dirty

Ok, I'm done. I sound like a live murderer.....b:surrender

I'd like to know the same. Maybe she can draw my avatar pawning a bunch of high levels from Lost City? That'd be great ^_^

I dont play MMORPG's for PvP. I guess you didn't read that part. Let me rephrase it for you, I-DO-NOT-PLAY-MMORPG-FOR-PVP. Clear enough now? I dont like the pvp in mmorpg's, and i detailed why. It's slow, clunky, uneaven. Fun for you? Awesome, not for me. I like my pvp in fps and fighting games. Thats it thats all.

And no i don't care about competing with someone who plays 24/7. No it doesn't matter to me at ALL if he's higher lvl or better geared. No i could care less with competing with them and getting my "revenge". No i would take no great satisfaction in spending 24/7 on a videogame so i can beat someone else. Sorry it's not at the top of my list of life achievements. One day when i die, really killing someone in an mmorpg won't be what i remember as the highlight of my life.

Honestly you sound sick. All you care about is killing killing killing. Most of us play the game to have fun, chat, play together, get new fashions, etc. PvP is at the bottom of our list because we don't care for it in mmorpg's. We get our pvp fun elsewhere, but still play mmorpg's for the other good benefits we like.

Now that you understand why people play on PvE servers, you can go back to urinating in a pepsi bottle and living off cheeto's so you don't miss the chance to get "revenge" on someone in a "Videogame". b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009

You're level 19, show me the significance in your claims as you cannot enter pvp until level 30. Jesus. Who wants to be jumped while you're trying to level? Isn't that the purpose? Leveling?
  • Xtacy - Lost City
    Xtacy - Lost City Posts: 1,281 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You're level 19, show me the significance in your claims as you cannot enter pvp until level 30. Jesus. Who wants to be jumped while you're trying to level? Isn't that the purpose? Leveling?

By now I thought HT would get the picture that those are just avatars of someone elses alt. So if I brought a lvl 1 alt you would believe that that is my lvl?

I think Nuie is just wondering if you guys find it boring to grind straight and not get any excitement.

btw Nuie is a 90 char.

I dont play MMORPG's for PvP. I guess you didn't read that part. Let me rephrase it for you, I-DO-NOT-PLAY-MMORPG-FOR-PVP. Clear enough now? I dont like the pvp in mmorpg's, and i detailed why. It's slow, clunky, uneaven. Fun for you? Awesome, not for me. I like my pvp in fps and fighting games. Thats it thats all.

And no i don't care about competing with someone who plays 24/7. No it doesn't matter to me at ALL if he's higher lvl or better geared. No i could care less with competing with them and getting my "revenge". No i would take no great satisfaction in spending 24/7 on a videogame so i can beat someone else. Sorry it's not at the top of my list of life achievements. One day when i die, really killing someone in an mmorpg won't be what i remember as the highlight of my life.

Honestly you sound sick. All you care about is killing killing killing. Most of us play the game to have fun, chat, play together, get new fashions, etc. PvP is at the bottom of our list because we don't care for it in mmorpg's. We get our pvp fun elsewhere, but still play mmorpg's for the other good benefits we like.

Now that you understand why people play on PvE servers, you can go back to urinating in a pepsi bottle and living off cheeto's so you don't miss the chance to get "revenge" on someone in a "Videogame". b:victory

And that's the story of why you don't like pvp, revenge or anything related to that. That's a fun way to play a game. Kill things that give you no challenge whatsoever unless you decide to aggro a bunch and have no hiero. I don't get why you guys don't see the lack of fun in that. It breaks my heart =(
    Conqueror
    Kamisama
    Instinct

I guess I don't choose different paths b:shutup
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Show me the excitement of being jumped by a bunch of enraged children while you're working to level? The point of every mmo is to level, so random fighting and possibly a death is helping that?
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Throwing assumptions based on other games is the spare key of blatant stupidity.
    You Go Farm Warsoul!k@!k$@!$j!@#$j@#

Lol, imagine if they got warsoul in PVE server. Having warsoul in a place where your enemies can stay blue named can only be a good thing, right?

Not only do you lie but you haven't even realised that people use trolling avatars.

What next, are you going to tell us you're an FAC?
  • NuNuie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Throwing assumptions based on other games is the spare key of blatant stupidity.

Lol, imagine if they got warsoul in PVE server. Having warsoul in a place where your enemies can stay blue named can only be a good thing, right?

Not only do you lie but you haven't even realised that people use trolling avatars.

I bet the way they threaten people on that server is like "You better stay blue bish."

That's one... Think of more b:chuckle
    1.e-thug__6.Cancer
    2.Troll____7.Raven
    4.Xtacy__9. Meangirl
    5.P+(ι)J

• NuNuie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Show me the excitement of being jumped by a bunch of enraged children while you're working to level? The point of every mmo is to level, so random fighting and possibly a death is helping that?

Do you grind alone? If so that would explain why you're only level 71? This guy si mister solo dolo

double post b:surrender
    1.e-thug__6.Cancer
    2.Troll____7.Raven
    4.Xtacy__9. Meangirl
    5.P+(ι)J

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    At least we don't cowardly attack players from behind and hide behind low level avatars because you are afraid of anyone knowing who you are.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • NuNuie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    At least we don't cowardly attack players from behind and hide behind low level avatars because you are afraid of anyone knowing who you are.

ROFLFMAO. Even if you found out who the **** I was, WTF can you do? ROFL. You're on a different server... You going to send your phoenix after me? That's pure hax.. HAXOR!!!

Anyway you'd be surprised to who I really am. I'ma nice kind hearted fella with a lot going for me. I mean I got cars, girls, and money.... Ok fine that's all lies :D
    1.e-thug__6.Cancer
    2.Troll____7.Raven
    4.Xtacy__9. Meangirl
    5.P+(ι)J

edited February 2009
    By now I thought HT would get the picture that those are just avatars of someone elses alt. So if I brought a lvl 1 alt you would believe that that is my lvl?

I think Nuie is just wondering if you guys find it boring to grind straight and not get any excitement.

btw Nuie is a 90 char.

And that's the story of why you don't like pvp, revenge or anything related to that. That's a fun way to play a game. Kill things that give you no challenge whatsoever unless you decide to aggro a bunch and have no hiero. I don't get why you guys don't see the lack of fun in that. It breaks my heart =(

I know a lot of people like sushi. I can't stand it, but a lot of my friends love it. Never once has there heart broken because i said i did not like sushi. What's fun for you may not be fun for another, and vice-versa. Variety in life is beautiful. I just don't understand why a lot of you LC players try so hard to convince us that we are not having fun. If we weren't, we wouldnt be playing, and in the end why do you care if we are or not? Play the game how you like, leave others to do the same.

There is no right or wrong way to play this game, only the way you have fun doing it. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NuNuie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    I know a lot of people like sushi. I can't stand it, but a lot of my friends love it. Never once has there heart broken because i said i did not like sushi. What's fun for you may not be fun for another, and vice-versa. Variety in life is beautiful. I just don't understand why a lot of you LC players try so hard to convince us that we are not having fun. If we weren't, we wouldnt be playing, and in the end why do you care if we are or not? Play the game how you like, leave others to do the same.

There is no right or wrong way to play this game, only the way you have fun doing it. b:victory

I wish your last statement could clear this stupid thread...
    1.e-thug__6.Cancer
    2.Troll____7.Raven
    4.Xtacy__9. Meangirl
    5.P+(ι)J

• TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If u look at Lost City server Symposium about 90% of the posts are made by trolls. Every tread is like 3-10 trolls debating, flaming, spamming meaningless nonsense with some other lvl 0-15 troll. I think they get kinda bored with all the silliness so they emigrate here to **** u guys of ^^

And u just keep feeding them, even giving them their own tread b:shocked
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    tiger, they're not trolls. trolls intention for entering a forum is to leave with everybody pissed off. these aren't trolls, these are cancer. the worse kind, the new kind. the high and mighty kind that thinks they're trolls, so they praise there selves as such.

If you have to tell people you're a damn troll, you're not a troll. Get out.

i don't believe that fac is even real.
    Do you grind alone? If so that would explain why you're only level 71? This guy si mister solo dolo

i don't even grind. it might surprise you, but some people don't actually play all hours of the day, so getting level 90 doesn't happen in a month.
  • Elementx - Lost City
    Elementx - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    We gots a level 100 on LC :Ob:shocked And he is in the opposite guild of the strongest guild.

Come on what's a game without any competition, boring, pve never brings any competition, it's meant to be beatable while other players can be unbeatable.
    "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Thinking back, pvp servers are no different from pve, unless you're in a big guild with enemies. If you're in a grind spot, you don't just kill someone, that would put a penalty on your head, and often enough, a lone-wolf wont go picking on someone in a guild, that's just suicide(unless they're idiots).

It's the same thing until you join a guild and have to kos or else you will be, unless you like to randomly kill people and die an unimaginable amount of times, spending an unimaginable amount of coin, so be it.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thinking back, pvp servers are no different from pve

LOL ?

b:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thinking back, pvp servers are no different from pve,

the difference is HUGE :)
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • NuNuie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    tiger, they're not trolls. trolls intention for entering a forum is to leave with everybody pissed off. these aren't trolls, these are cancer. the worse kind, the new kind. the high and mighty kind that thinks they're trolls, so they praise there selves as such.

If you have to tell people you're a damn troll, you're not a troll. Get out.

i don't believe that fac is even real.

i don't even grind. it might surprise you, but some people don't actually play all hours of the day, so getting level 90 doesn't happen in a month.

Cancer? Yup, Rundora, we're dealing with a ****. Either you're refering to the player "Cancer" from Lost City who 1 shots everyone with her phoenix (Which in other words you're saying we are her) OR, you're refering to us as the disease that kills people more frequently now a days. I doubt you're talking about the player because to you she's a non-factor so you have to be talking about this one thing.

You have issues calling us that. I'd rather be called a parasite. That's more a reasonable label. But I'll just add Cancer to the other names I've listed. Thanks for the laugh "dude."b:chuckle
    1.e-thug__6.Cancer
    2.Troll____7.Raven
    4.Xtacy__9. Meangirl
    5.P+(ι)J