The "Light" at the end of the Tunnel

Pandora - Lost City
Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Wizard
HH90 light armor mages are spectacular.

Robes, unfortunately, continue to suck. But HH90 light armor mages are absolutely amazing. There was one point in which I was prepare to restat full int at 90, but I decided to stick with light (a guildmate of mine went the full int route instead) and today I got to equip my HH90 light armor chest, pants and gloves. No weapon, Column's still using my weapon until we get him a HH90 quoit.

The performance is spectacular, archers toting HH90 bows hit me for 650, and drop like they're nothing. Phoenixes have not killed me once since I changed gear, their rips tick around 800-900 and that's not nearly enough to kill me as I have 4.7k hp unbuffed and 6k buffed.

With priest buffs, I'm around 65% to both physical and magical resistances.

Here is the analysis of my new HH90 from my guide:

My gear:
Helm of Aqua Viciousness +4 (4x +32 HP)
Skywalker Shell +4 (3x +40 HP)
Skywalker Shins +4 (3x +40 HP)
Spirit Eater's Boots +5 (HH80 GOLD BOOTS - 4x +40 HP)
Skywalker Wrists +4 (3x +40 HP)
Sky Demon's Pearl +4
Cape of Tauren Chieften +6 (4x +32 HP)
**Ring Of Flaming Sky +2 (Crit 2%, Magic +2, Dexterity +4)
**Ring of Open Sky +3 (Crit 2%, Magic +3, Magic +4)
Blessing of Christmas
1% Crit Arrow
**** HH80 sword +3 (Soon to be HH90 quoit +8 :p)

What I can tell you about light at HH90:

*I have 4731 HP without buffs.
*I have 6083 HP with werebeast buff.
*Without buffs and with earth barrier, I have 58% physical reduction, 58% fire, wood and lightning, with slightly higher water (helm of aqua viciousness) and way higher earth (barrier, dur)
*With just priest buffs and earth barrier, I have 64% physical reduction and 66% elementals.
*With warrior buff, I end up at 68% physical reduction.
*Yoshiki (9X archer con archer with WAY plussed up 90 HH bow) hits me for 800 with stunshot, normal shots 400-600 normal shots.
*Diego (9X dex archer with +3 *level 88* bow) hits me for the same damage.
*Phoenixes before level 95 ripping bite me for about 900 damage - which is basically nonfactor.
*Llama, a 8X mage in ROBES hits me for 1300 damage with sandstorm. I hit him for 1200 with Stone Rain. This is with a +3 HH80 sword. (Apologies for former level misconception, AssasinFox doesn't know the levels of her own guild.)
*I still oneshot people and I don't even have my HH90 quoit on.

In short, I was wrong about mages being permenantly gimped. Light mages at 90 are more powerful versions of archers with much much more survivability.

I apologize to everyone that I told that mages suck permenantly. I was wrong. Only robe mages suck permenantly. Light mages are completely ridiculous at 90, and I hope all of you are able to reach this level and equipment so that you too can witness it.

When I get a new harddrive, I will release a new Project Pandora video so that you may see for yourselves.

I no longer support full int past 90, it's ****. Full int is okay until 90 to get you there as fast as possible, but then it's light time. Robe mages get 3 shotted by archers, while light mages can heiro tank archers no problem.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
Post edited by Pandora - Lost City on

Comments

• Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wait a second?? I'm 90?? and devil?? OH ****!! Thats news to me. You are the biggest cumpulsive liar in this game. I killed you 3 times before your failed party got me.

Oh and if you guys want a reason to not go light. Take this guy as an example.

If you go LA @ 90 you will potentially lose nearly 3K damage.

He undine strikes me (-XX% to water, earth, fire resist) and only gushes me, a 8X mage for 1K.

(My tempest crit you 5200, 1 hit n00b)

Yes my sandstorm hit you 1300 through your earth shield. Damn man, shut up.

Want to know why Light actually fails? Its because you completely misunderstand your class. You're a DD not a tank. You are suppose to hit HARD not throw feathers. You can be completely ignored, because you fail and your damage is inconsequential.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    You aren't? Well then, my apologies, I'll have to tell assasinfox to check her guild list before she goes spouting ******** anymore.

Regardless, your damage sucks, the only time I died in that fight was with you AND Haiz AND a veno with her plumpfish on me at once. You blade tempested me and I was already at half, which killed me... But the best part is, your dumb **** killed Haiz too. Which was immediately followed by the veno getting smoked, me ressing up, and the rest of your party getting slaughtered (by our 4 people.)
    (My tempest crit you 5200, 1 hit n00b)

Can I see this screenshot? And on top of that, 5200 isn't a oneshot on me. Nice try. I have over 6k hp in PVP.
    You can be completely ignored, because you fail and your damage is inconsequential.

Your allies disagree.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2iatr7t.jpg
    http://i43.tinypic.com/350rqew.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xnonameherex - Heavens Tear
    Xnonameherex - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    well ..... to be honest ... i agree with llama .... if u wanted armor and defense n health n survivability then maybe u should have been a barbarian or a blademaster ... >_> idk i think the whole point of a wizard is to do as much damage as possible without compromising it .

idk call me a noob about it lol but if im gonna die quickly im gonna hit u so hard im gonna make sure ur **** is still on fire when im running back from town .

well thats just my view on it ...
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    well ..... to be honest ... i agree with llama .... if u wanted armor and defense n health n survivability then maybe u should have been a barbarian or a blademaster ... >_> idk i think the whole point of a wizard is to do as much damage as possible without compromising it .

idk call me a noob about it lol but if im gonna die quickly im gonna hit u so hard im gonna make sure ur **** is still on fire when im running back from town .

well thats just my view on it ...

Take a look at the screenshots.

I do assloads of damage like any other mage. Difference is, I don't die in the process.

You do 0 damage waiting for a res.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    All the proof I need for me to switch to Light armor but I have one question stuck in my head though.....

Aren't clerics harder for a Light mage than a Robe mage? just asking..
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • SilentToy - Lost City
    SilentToy - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yep, Light arm is the way to go;), Gonna be light arm build till I quit.

Nice crits btw.
  • Zeline - Sanctuary
    Zeline - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Im glad to read there mgiht be light in the end of the tunnel, though Im still a bit sceptical about this Light armor route...; i guess ill find out in a month or two ;)
  • Chaosteve - Heavens Tear
    Chaosteve - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    well atm im light armor, wiz dmg @ lvl 77 is 2593 - 3017.
    I prefer LA wiz as u get more hp, atm hp @ lvl 77 wiz is 3k hp with avg gem hp's and vit 29 (vit boost of +19) and crit rate is 8% atm. b:victory

Tho 1 thing is its really not the build of the wiz, its how the wiz thinks during fights, he or she "Must" know its enemies spells and skills and know how to counter it then STRIKE once the time comes. b:laugh

Keep it kinky. b:surrender
  • xdarksolx
    xdarksolx Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ok, then.

So would you recommend I hold my current path of LA wizard then?

I mean, at my level, it's a pretty much guaranteed one shot, but if it's worth it at 90, then...

I am pretty proud of my LA mage's damage output. I can tick the heiro of a level 5x blademaster with my level 34 mage before dying...

I pissed a lot of people off yesterday. :D
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    I am convinced that light is the best way to be past 60 in general. I stayed full int until around 60 then swapped over to light, full int is nice in the very beginning to power level but as a PVP-based player I just couldn't wait to stop being oneshotted.
    Aren't clerics harder for a Light mage than a Robe mage? just asking..

Not really. As a robe mage, plume shot (physical damage) ****s your **** up. As a light mage, you take considerably less damage from it, and a similar amount from their metal elemental damage. A light mage with a tauren cape and an elemental belt or necklace has little to fear from a cleric. I ignore them for the most part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gunari - Lost City
    Gunari - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Are you going to keep using that taruen cape? I saw in archosaur theres one that level 90 can get from HH. I wanted to know if its worth buying one if I dont get from FB69.
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Are you going to keep using that taruen cape? I saw in archosaur theres one that level 90 can get from HH. I wanted to know if its worth buying one if I dont get from FB69.

For light, the resistances on the FB69 cape are spectacular. I'll be keeping with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gunari - Lost City
    Gunari - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    For light, the resistances on the FB69 cape are spectacular. I'll be keeping with it.

Thank you very much. I will probalby buy one too because I want it to be able to use for a long time.
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thanks so much Pandora for posting this, I went LA after reading your guide on wizard and La just seemed like the best choice from what I read. But when I got into the game and started to level I was told that I made giant mistake with my build choice and since I'm the leading wizard in my guild, I was told I've been setting a bad example for other wizards. lol this post has helped me a lot and I'm now going to ignore everyone else trying to get me to change, I like LA and I like pking and I like PvP and I like being a wizard. Its also good to know wizards arn't so gimped at end game then I once thought. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • spirea
    spirea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    So much for quote: "have you seen my equips? they suck"-pandora
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    spirea wrote: »
    So much for quote: "have you seen my equips? they suck"-pandora

They did until I hit 90. And they're still not spectacular, lol. Only 3 sockets and only +4, most guilds "heavy hitters" have 4 sockets and +5/6.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    lol, PWI is a circus.
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    damn u heaven fury critted a heavy who was obviously debuffed and amped and undine striked for 10k? that's it?
  • Xerela - Heavens Tear
    Xerela - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It would seem Pandora has spoken.

Light Armor Wizard is the only good wizard to play on Lost City server.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    damn u heaven fury critted a heavy who was obviously debuffed and amped and undine striked for 10k? that's it?

Yeah, I like how he tries to justify is "amazing damage". His damage only 11k on Guru with all that, and just a 17k with dragon, lol. Let me go through some screen shots again. I'll show you my non crits so you can see how nonfactor your damage is. Then again, why would I need to hit so high? They die anyways. You always talk about how you have to crit to kill someone, well, I don't need to.

Someone should also tell Pandora that a level 11 stone rain does almost as much damage as a level 10 sandstorm. So trying to justify it as "I did almost as much as you after I undined you" is a pretty lame excuse.

Stop saying you can do as much damage as me.

I find it amusing Pandora posts a few screen shots and people call him a god, and I've been doing this stuff for a while. Hype is funny. Neither of those screen shots are crit damage either, lawl.
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, I like how he tries to justify is "amazing damage". His damage only 11k on Guru with all that, and just a 17k with dragon, lol. Let me go through some screen shots again. I'll show you my non crits so you can see how nonfactor your damage is. Then again, why would I need to hit so high? They die anyways. You always talk about how you have to crit to kill someone, well, I don't need to.

Someone should also tell Pandora that a level 11 stone rain does almost as much damage as a level 10 sandstorm. So trying to justify it as "I did almost as much as you after I undined you" is a pretty lame excuse.

Stop saying you can do as much damage as me.

I find it amusing Pandora posts a few screen shots and people call him a god, and I've been doing this stuff for a while. Hype is funny. Neither of those screen shots are crit damage either, lawl.
    That makes for 30k crits, lol. I notice it's also nearly impossible to claim they're ALL amped and debuffed, even less undine striked. I don't think there's a way to argue with the difference, not without entering LaLa Land. b:thanks
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    *keeps eyes on thread* this outta be an interesting discussion *hands out popcorn*
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Wow Haiz, your damage is horrible. 10 on dragoned targets with an ult? And in triple spark no less? Jesus bro, I do nearly that much and I'm using an HH80 sword +3. Guess I'll have to show some screens with my HH90 quoit, rofl.

What you don't seem to get is that 1) there's no amp in the schooled pvp, look at the classes and 2) I'm using a horrible HH80 weapon and doing damage like this. Not to mention in the screens I'm using **** rock - a much weaker spell to begin with
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Pandora has a point, and your defence haiz? ahhhh Politics of the wizard world.
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    bluemagi wrote:
    "Then, lets look at light armor. Reasonable phy def and low magic def. EA's armor. High critical too (at lvl 90 to 98). Can go up to 20% critical at lvl 100. However, magic def at most reach 10k.. Have to wear magic def accessories. Not a bad build, but I feel magic def is most important in this game. Magic classes simply hit too pain. Magic attack with this build is also at least 30% lower then a pure int. Critical is good.. but, upon reaching 15%, magic classes already can critical a lot. why overkill? Key thing again, magic defense.. is the reason not to go for light build.

Last, pure INT. High magic def, highest magic attack. Magic attack on a 8 jun mage +12 is 18k to 21k without fury burst. A mage can take down a wb single handedly in TW. Fury burst, 2 vigor medicine, 59 water dragon. Can ko'ed a wb with 25k hp. I dont boast here, as I seen it myself. I had not reach this standard yet, but even for my standard, i m doing 18k with no burst and 20k with burst on wb. EA are usually 1 hit KO with earth strike, for EA with 8k hp or less with no critical. Damage wise, i think there is no need for me to elaborate more. Wait till oracle has a 8 jun + 12 int 510 and you guys will then see what i mean.

Defense of a pure int mage is terrible if you do not invest enough money. But with the items i recommend there, a mage def can go up to 15k and 14k easily. Hp is about 8k. Now, if u go +10.. .. Remember, refining is the keyword for pure int mage. If you are only at +5, be prepared to die a lot. Also, phoenix are our worst enemy. Kill them at earliest opportunity. "

Source : http://forum.perfectworld.com.my/viewtopic.php?t=21143

Bluemagi lvl 101 Heaven MG - MY-CN server

Basically what he's saying is that the INT difference kicks in later on because we have a very good weapon and high int the difference in damage would be drastic compared to 10% crit vs 20% crit.

The Pdef argument is irrelevant a robe MG can reach 10-12k pdef with proper gear and have 70%~-75%~ physical damage reduction which is more than enough.

The conclusion would be FULL-INT is better if you can afford to gear to make it badass, LA is a weaker-cheaper form that still gets the job done but isn't as much of a powerhouse.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    I forgot to mention that in those screens, Haiz is using triple spark 59 skills which are considerably higher base damage than my little stone rains in those two screens.

If I am able to get a decent heaven fury doom off in a dragons in the coming tw, I'll snap a screen and show you just how alike in damage we are :p

Dekciw: that may be the most useless piece of mage-based literature I've ever laid eyes upon. "GET ALL YOUR **** TO +10" is not a realistic solution and I refuse to put something like that in a guide for the common player. Not to mention that guy has no idea what he's talking about as at 9X I have 7k resists and that's only wearing ONE mdef accessory (other is pdef) and it's only +4, lolol. "10k max" is **** and not even close to accurate, if I threw on a mdef neck and +8 them both (this guy talks about +10 like +8 is nothing at all) I'd have 10k right now - and this kid is talking about armor 10 levels above me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Dekciw: that may be the most useless piece of mage-based literature I've ever laid eyes upon. "GET ALL YOUR **** TO +10" is not a realistic solution and I refuse to put something like that in a guide for the common player. Not to mention that guy has no idea what he's talking about as at 9X I have 7k resists and that's only wearing ONE mdef accessory (other is pdef) and it's only +4, lolol. "10k max" is **** and not even close to accurate, if I threw on a mdef neck and +8 them both (this guy talks about +10 like +8 is nothing at all) I'd have 10k right now - and this kid is talking about armor 10 levels above me.

Pandora has challenged the knowledge of the chinese! b:shocked His wisdom must be of infinite proportions.

I believe you should be aware that the one who writes the guide is on a different server, there's a chance the def rates are slightly different. Also, the costs of upgrading gear there are also cheaper. However, just because they're more expensive here doesn't mean fixer-uppers like light armor are "the ultimate epic gear" because you said them to be so. I also believe it's ignorant to mock the knowledge of more experienced players, just because it goes against what YOU believe is best. It's alright to differ, but when you become hostile to the idea of difference, it just means you can't accept the idea of having your point of view challenged. Insecure much?
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Pandora has challenged the knowledge of the chinese! b:shocked His wisdom must be of infinite proportions.

I believe you should be aware that the one who writes the guide is on a different server, there's a chance the def rates are slightly different. Also, the costs of upgrading gear there are also cheaper. However, just because they're more expensive here doesn't mean fixer-uppers like light armor are "the ultimate epic gear" because you said them to be so. I also believe it's ignorant to mock the knowledge of more experienced players, just because it goes against what YOU believe is best. It's alright to differ, but when you become hostile to the idea of difference, it just means you can't accept the idea of having your point of view challenged. Insecure much?

Normally I'd agree with you, but I gave an accurate reason why his data is inaccurate and the fact that the servers and prices are different is my point exactly.

Stats haven't changed on gear, only been translated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Normally I'd agree with you, but I gave an accurate reason why his data is inaccurate and the fact that the servers and prices are different is my point exactly.

Stats haven't changed on gear, only been translated.

So... just putting it out there... you're saying the guy IS right. Because the gear is technically the same, he knows the gear... Prices are trivial in the equation of what is the "maximum", rather than the "probably practical".
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited February 2009

What you fail to understand is that even tho he has that incredibly refined gear, it's the case for everyone on their server. So even if he has +10 armor, and +12 weapon. People who he fights have the same damn thing, even tho it goes exponentially because of the INT factor, it still even out a little. But to use your logic, if the difference between your mdef and a PURE INT wiz is marginal, so is the pdef. I'm not implying that PURE INT is the only choice, but saying LA is clearly better than Pure Int is just being delusional.
    ZzXVdr5.png
This discussion has been closed.