World Chat out of hand

Options
13»

Comments

• Illusionista - Heavens Tear
    Illusionista - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    .........Ji. There was no reason to out yourself, though it makes you a better person than me, I think. b:pleased

So, Shota--hopefully this will be enough for you?
  • Semyezza - Heavens Tear
    Semyezza - Heavens Tear Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I figured out how to "turn off", as it were, the World Chat channel. It's simple:

Go to Game.

You'll see a channel called Trade there.

Turn off the Trade part of the channel.

Turn on the Normal, Faction and Party aspects.

Press Apply and then Confirm.

Go to the Trade channel.

Voila, no more World Chat. n.n
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS."
    - Richard the Warlock, LFG.

visit my gallery on !! quelfish.deviantart.com !!
  • vytukas44
    vytukas44 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I cant login in game.but can write ursname and pw
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I figured out how to "turn off", as it were, the World Chat channel. It's simple:

Go to Game.

You'll see a channel called Trade there.

Turn off the Trade part of the channel.

Turn on the Normal, Faction and Party aspects.

Press Apply and then Confirm.

Go to the Trade channel.

Voila, no more World Chat. n.n

Awesome! Going to try it when i get on today. Thank you b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JiHuwing - Heavens Tear
    JiHuwing - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    vytukas44 wrote: »
    I cant login in game.but can write ursname and pw

what do you mean? O_o

and i hope lots of people read this. I went public yesterday and told all of PW on Heaven's Tear that i wont be WCing anymore, to make up for what i had said prior. and i got spammed with hate and TONS of ****. if i was any more vindictive than i am already, i would LITTERALLY spend about 600K on teles and spam all day long after that. and i would say good things, not bad, but there would be full spam all day long. please watch what you say to someone when they apologize for something they know they did wrong. and though i stopped, i get random people that i meet in game saying things like, "HEY!!! youre the Tentacle guy!!!" and "man you make grinding so much fun with WC" so should i REALLY stop to please the few that are upset? maybe not, but i DID.
    Just when you thought Light Armor on a Cleric was too much... 7% crit though FTW b:victory
  • Alysha_ - Lost City
    Alysha_ - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Comming from MY server where I was already complaining about GM's doing too less. I'm really in shock that it can be worse. b:shocked
    Anyways there should be GM's online 24/7, not the same persons ofcourse but I'm quite sure you guys earn enough money to hire more people to keep the server clean for this kind of situations.
    Don't expect your customers to do your job for you. b:shutup
  • Neios - Sanctuary
    Neios - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Having a GM in a game 24/7 is unrealistic by company standards. After people see that not much has changed in that aspect people will then move onto "well you should have *2* GMs around 24/7" and it goes from there.

While it's a good idea, it just doesn't work that well when put into action. I've seen some companies try and it's failed miserably.

I take SS' of offensive chat but I have yet to really report any. If it is a serious thing to me, I will just right mouse click on the offenders name and select "Blacklist". There, problem solved for me.

I do have a question for the PW staff though, why such large SS files? 3 megs is a bit insane for one dontcha think? b:chuckle
  • Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear
    Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Simple solution (and what I always do):

Turn on WC only if you need a group for something. Otherwise, leave it off. There's no other reason to have it on anyway. It's now mainly become a second trade channel and the one thing I can't stand seeing is trade spam, especially in common chat... but that's a different topic for another time.
    Jayde_Videl - lvl 6x venomancer - Heavens Tear
    RainbowVidel - lvl 3x venomancer - Sanctuary
  • JiHuwing - Heavens Tear
    JiHuwing - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i STILL dont see what the fuss is about WC Spam... maybe im just a noob or somethin, but if you can afford the Teleacoustics, and you buy them, they are yours to do what you want with them... its not like anyone's screaming bomb on an airplane. if you cant take a joke, then why are you playing a game? have some fun, lossen up, lighten your coin and buy a few and spam everynow and then. the other day people were posting stuff about having sex and whatnot, THAT i can understand, cuz it really did get out of hand. but thats probably the first bad WC ive seen in months... and is Luring a boss into a SZ really bannable?
    Just when you thought Light Armor on a Cleric was too much... 7% crit though FTW b:victory
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    People's lives are so mundane and boring these days that they actively go out searching for things to offend themselves
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    .........Ji. There was no reason to out yourself, though it makes you a better person than me, I think. b:pleased

So, Shota--hopefully this will be enough for you?

Enough for me , for what?

I said my peace. Just as many people feel they have the right to say anything they think, no matter how perverse, in public chat, I had my right to say my peace here.

If anyone got banned, it wasn't due to me. Once I posted what i had to say, I felt I had done enough. If anyone took screenshots and turned someone in, it was one of the many people other than myself who thought that WC had goteen out oh hand.

It's not really my way to be anyone's police. I want to play the game and watching for screenshot ops or getting someone banned isn't fun. All I wanted was for certain people to consider their words.

JiHuwing WAS one of the more offensive although by far not the worst. But since the day I posted I have seen a very dramatic change in WC and have accidently overheard a few chats of JiHuwing in the streets of Arch and he seems like a nice guy. I'm sure a lot of the people who were really "out there" are really nice people.

WC still has it's moment, but they are more tempered and more fun. I have no interest in everyone being Puritans or turning WC into Hello Kitty Online. I like to have "fun" chat too, I just try to keep the racier stuff a bit more private.

Honestly I have only gotten 1 private message regarding my posts on here although I wouldn't be surprised if a number of people who disliked what I had to say Blacklisted me or just make it a point to ignore me. If anyone was offended by my offense, rest assured taht I have no personal gripe with anyone which is why I did not name names. I just felt there was a time and a place for things and WC was misused... again, only my opinion.

I have not reported anyone, nor will I ever. I also won't turn off WC because it's a very useful tool. I hope WC stays fun and slightly south of X-rated.

On and Mr. JiHuwing... that took a pair to post on here as you did. Not that my opinion probably matters, but much respect to you. All I really hoped for was people to self-reflect and police themselves. Thank you for validating my thoughts and for allowing me to see you as the decent person you are, and by decent I don't mean that you live life my way.. I don't personally care if you like whatever you like, my only issue was the delivery of the message.

I hope everyone has an awesome day and keeps loving PWI... I wouldn't want a single person to leave ever... and, if the rest of the country is anything like Florida is today.. stay warm everyone... brrrrrrrrr...
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]